The Opportunist

Eamar

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2012
Country
UK
I'd probably be less "meh" about this if the pacing of this arc wasn't diabolically slow. Can't help but think you could be working within the confines of your medium a bit better- this would work much better as a comic book than a twice a week webcomic. We could at least do with a bit more of the story with each installment :/

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Paul Sedgmore said:
canadamus_prime said:
Malty Milk Whistle said:
canadamus_prime said:
I'm really tired of this story line, and I don't really get the bit with the Medusa Head.
It's all about her starting to see Antagonists, as opposed to her usually good guy hallucinations.
Well I wouldn't really call Kratos and Duke Nukem "good guys."
But they are both the Protagonist (the main character) of their respective games and not the antagonist (a character, group of characters, or institution, that represents the opposition against which the protagonist must contend)
Ah, but you see that's where the bone of contention lies. A protagonist isn't always necessarily a "good guy."

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Ha! I suppose her subconscious is trying to help her. But like Tris said, "I never said it was particularly good at it."

geizr

Oct 9, 2008
There is always one question that comes prominently forward in my mind every time I hear these super-cynical, bitter, nihilistic types talking about how worthless, pointless, purposeless, and meaningless life is and that it's all just a big waste of time, and that question is "then why are you still here?". I don't think they ever completely believe half the crap they spew; I suspect they are just rationalizing to suppress their own feelings of failure to define their own purpose in life and to find their own happiness.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Moonlight Butterfly said:
So she is seeing antagonists now.

This does not bode well for walking to the toilet in the dark...

Suddenly a wild Pyramid Head appears!
http://undeadinfinity.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/amnesia-dd-3.jpg

We're all waiting for it.

ALL OF US.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
lacktheknack said:
Moonlight Butterfly said:
So she is seeing antagonists now.

This does not bode well for walking to the toilet in the dark...

Suddenly a wild Pyramid Head appears!
http://undeadinfinity.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/amnesia-dd-3.jpg

We're all waiting for it.

ALL OF US.
Erin uses empty bladder

It's not very effective :(

Arec Balrin

Feb 26, 2010
luckycharms8282 said:
That dude's pretty effing strong to be able to hold a person up with one arm...
She's not actually hanging out the window. In the next comic it will go all A Beautiful Mind on us and it turns out the guy doesn't exist, he's another hallucination.

He's Alex Mercer.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Swyftstar said:
He should just let her go and be done with it. I'm sick of her and the pace of this story.
Then stop reading it? People like you make me laugh. You dislike something yet you keep reading it and then complain about how you don't like it. If you don't like it, that's fine, your opinion. But if you dislike it, just stop reading it, no one's forcing you to read it at gunpoint.

OT: Why has Tris' black eyes healed already?

JohnDoey

Jun 30, 2009
Nameless dude drop her, when the cops come by say she was crazy tried to attack you if you play your cards right you'll go scot free.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Furioso said:
Really? That's his reason? ...Well thank fuck he was able to grab her leg...
Somehow I get the feeling he just really wanted to push her out of a window (can't blame him) and at the last second his thoughts went from "Finally!" to "I don't want to be charged with murder!" and he got her just in time.
Also, isn't she looking directly into Medusa's eyes?

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
I get the impression that it would have made more sense if it was clear that this was a medusa head, not just medusa's head poking out of the side of the frame that isn't visibly detached from anything.

Jumpingbean3

May 3, 2009
I'm one of the few people who kinda likes this storyline but the pacing is a real problem. It would work better as a comic book rather than a twice-a-week strip.

Farther than stars said:
Also, isn't she looking directly into Medusa's eyes?
Oh, don't be silly. That only works with yellow Medusa Heads.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
Well I guess if we were going by the actual mythology, this really would be a case of "dawn breaks over marble head"

Captcha: Know your rights
I thought Ron Paul already dropped out?
He didn't drop so much as he's no longer actively campaigning.

I want to know where this jguy trains to get that kinda grip.