The Perfect Man

Karavision

Oct 13, 2011
The power ballad that gets played at every dramatic part of Attack on Titan was going off in my head the entire time.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Brings to mind the abominations from the Mothership Zeta DLC in Fallout 3.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Piorn said:
Just google Yaoi Hands, guys.

Now, a more interesting question is WHY.
I don't read Yaoi. Are large hands something that the target audience likes? Is it just some biological background taken to abstract extremes, like balloon tits? Or is it something freudian? Maybe there's some cultural background we lack in the western world?

Oh I get it now.

Doing humour this obscure and not explaining it, puts you in the same league as people who actively enjoy their own farts.

Actually they could use that!

Cory Rydell and Grey Carter actively enjoy their own farts

Moloch Sacrifice

Aug 9, 2013
CorvusFerreum said:
His arm lenghts and hand size as well as the general body proportions (head nonwithstanding) kinda remined me of the Hrud.

I've yet to decide wether that's good or not.
The Hrud are the sexiest beings in the galaxy, of course it's a good thing.

Don't believe the Inquisition's lies!

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
RealRT said:
Yes, it's true. This man has no dick.
Hate to say it, but I laughed a lot more at your post than I did the comic.

'Course, you've hit with the double whammy of a Bill Murray and a Ghostbusters reference. So I'm probably biased.

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
Moloch Sacrifice said:
CorvusFerreum said:
His arm lenghts and hand size as well as the general body proportions (head nonwithstanding) kinda remined me of the Hrud.

The lies of the false emperor's lakeys mean nothing to me. I'm more worried, that my Lord, the Changer of Ways, might find displeasure in me embracing Slaanesh with a group of Hrud. I'm not yet planning to be reduced to spawnhood.

Blacklight28

Nov 27, 2013
Rtoip said:
Dominic Crossman said:
I... don't understand this comic in the slightest. Am I missing something?
I don't get it either. Something about disproportionate bodies, big hands ? Was there some anime character like that lately or it's some other joke about something.
I'd say it's either a comment on how the proportions of "perfect" women are in games or some reference to anime/Japanese culture that flew straight over my head.

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
I go through a fair amount of anime/manga...but if this is a shōjo or yaoi reference then that would explain why I don't get it, I'm not into those genres at all.

Michael Tabbut

May 22, 2013
verdant monkai said:
Piorn said:
Just google Yaoi Hands, guys.

Now, a more interesting question is WHY.
I don't read Yaoi. Are large hands something that the target audience likes? Is it just some biological background taken to abstract extremes, like balloon tits? Or is it something freudian? Maybe there's some cultural background we lack in the western world?

Oh I get it now.

Doing humour this obscure and not explaining it, puts you in the same league as people who actively enjoy their own farts.

Actually they could use that!

Cory Rydell and Grey Carter actively enjoy their own farts
Frak that's disturbing!

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Blood Brain Barrier said:
Dominic Crossman said:
95% of the jokes are related to Japanese gaming/anime culture. Which is probably why out of the 30 or 40 Critical Miss comics I've viewed I only found a few of them funny.
Assuming the higher number, you've found 2 comics funny so far. Why do you keep reading something you obviously do not enjoy?

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Denamic said:
Dominic Crossman said:
95% of the jokes are related to Japanese gaming/anime culture. Which is probably why out of the 30 or 40 Critical Miss comics I've viewed I only found a few of them funny.
Assuming the higher number, you've found 2 comics funny so far. Why do you keep reading something you obviously do not enjoy?
Well, I'm no psychologist. But I've been rewarded with persistence in trying to understand things in the past, especially humour. If I only consumed things I knew I liked then I'd read, watch and listen to the same stuff all my life. You've got to move on somewhere - though this view is not shared by very many.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Denamic said:
Dominic Crossman said:
Well, I'm no psychologist. But I've been rewarded with persistence in trying to understand things in the past, especially humour. If I only consumed things I knew I liked then I'd read, watch and listen to the same stuff all my life. You've got to move on somewhere - though this view is not shared by very many.
There's merit to give things a chance, but 30 to 40 comics when you enjoy virtually none of them is not sensible. That's bordering on insanity.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
CorvusFerreum said:
Moloch Sacrifice said:
CorvusFerreum said:

The lies of the false emperor's lakeys mean nothing to me. I'm more worried, that my Lord, the Changer of Ways, might find displeasure in me embracing Slaanesh with a group of Hrud. I'm not yet planning to be reduced to spawnhood.
My first thought was actually of The Pretty Marines chapter. If this was indeed inspired by 40K, they kind of screwed up their depiction of the Omnissiah.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Denamic said:
Denamic said:
Dominic Crossman said:
There's merit to give things a chance, but 30 to 40 comics when you enjoy virtually none of them is not sensible. That's bordering on insanity.
I'd say I found around 20% funny, at varying levels. This one I actually understood (I think) even though I'm not into J-culture. So maybe I'm getting somewhere after all. Besides it's not like it takes any more than 5 seconds to read.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
I didn't get this comic at first, then I realized it was making fun of male character designs from manga/anime companies like Clamp.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Jim_Callahan said:
Yopaz said:
Not counting Dark Souls jokes the last one that related to Japanese games or anime (Cowboy Bebop related one) was February 11th... 95% sounds a little excessive don't you think?
Do you not read the comic at all? May 13 was an anime joke that was actually explicitly identified as such in the first couple panels.
Game of Thrones has become an anime? Cool, I'll have to check that out.

Now in case you didn't get that, that was sarcasm. It's a joke about Game of Thrones catching up to the books and how they will eventually retort to fillers, a concept not exclusive to anime, but fairly well known within anime. Do YOU read the comic?