The Political Compass test!

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
gigastar said:

Seems among all the left-wing liberals here im the least left-wing and the least liberal.

Since im almost exactly dead-center wouldnt that make me an ideal politician? Assuming i ever went into it. Not that i want to.
I think it would look something like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpaQpyU_QiM

OT:
Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.92

Im just like everyone else i guess no point posting the pic

ECasThat

Nov 14, 2009
Well that was fun.
And by fun, I mean some of those questions made me fold up into the fettle position. (seriously, Why would anyone ever care about what other people do in they bedroom?)

Darken12

Apr 16, 2011
ECasThat said:
Well that was fun.
And by fun, I mean some of those questions made me fold up into the fettle position. (seriously, Why would anyone ever care about what other people do in they bedroom?)
Cynical answer: Because religion.

Less cynical answer: Because paternalism [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paternalism].

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.13.

No map, just... assume it looks much like everyone else's. Although, I am slightly more Authoritarian than before.

Edit: Y'know.. I've got a crazy notion: It seem that America's political leaders are all in the blue section. And despite how you might feel about them, they're making a mess of our society. A lot of us might be in the green... because it's opposite of the people who are mucking things about...

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009

It'd probably be a lot farther towards the bottom and closer to the middle if it had an "I don't care" option for the questions, or multiple choice type answers so I didn't have to choose between what I disagree with and what I disagree with even more than that.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
A lot of people sitting right in that lower left green corner..

http://www.politicalcompass.org/facebook/pcgraphpng.php?ec=3.88&soc=1.08

ECasThat

Nov 14, 2009
Darken12 said:
ECasThat said:
Well that was fun.

Less cynical answer: Because paternalism [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paternalism].
Wow. When I first saw your less cynical answer, my brain momentarily collapsed and I thought that it had something to with patents and copyright laws... Kinky, kinky copyright laws.

Darken12

Apr 16, 2011
ECasThat said:
Darken12 said:
ECasThat said:
Well that was fun.

Wow. When I first saw your less cynical answer, my brain momentarily collapsed and I thought that it had something to with patents and copyright laws... Kinky, kinky copyright laws.
HAH!

No, it's more like "we tell you what's considered sexually acceptable for your own good."

Lonewolfm16

Feb 27, 2012
Economic Left/Right: 3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49

Don't know how to post images but there you go, right in the purple quadrent of the graph. Kinda what I expected being a free market Libertarian.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
By its very nature, the test is very biased. Why do you need to have authoritarian and libertarian in it? The answer is that you are trying to get people to adopt a different mindset about life.

Also, why does it avoid the actual titles? We all know what colloquially what left and right thinkers are, but why not call them democrat and republican?

I question the agenda of the people that made the test in the first place. They want you to think that you have some libertarian mindsets, because the closer you are to the evil people, the worse you actually are.

Had I designed the test with marxism in mind, I can manipulate the answers to make sure that most people are thinking they are marxist.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
malestrithe said:
By its very nature, the test is very biased. Why do you need to have authoritarian and libertarian in it? The answer is that you are trying to get people to adopt a different mindset about life.

Also, why does it avoid the actual titles? We all know what colloquially what left and right thinkers are, but why not call them democrat and republican?
The answer to the first is that liberal economic and social stances need not result in a large government. Or they could. The fact you can have such views on the first two but have different views on the role of government in enforcing such things means the second axis is needed.

Secondly we dont "all know" that because a LOT of us are not American. Some of our european liberal parties are actually more to the right than our other parties. You have to remember that "liberal" and "conservative" are about moving away or toward the norm. In Europe big government is normal. Moving away from that is a "liberal" idea and sticking with it is "conservative". As far as i know only the US uses Democrat and republican, id say the ONLY global constant is left and right like the graph uses. We have conservative, labour and liberal democrats as our three main parties. So no. We dont all know. Dont be so presumptuous.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
http://www.politicalcompass.org/facebook/pcgraphpng.php?ec=-0.25&soc=0.05

Yay me?

I think I'm one of the most central people in this thread, if not THE most central.

That said, this test is silly. I'm much farther to the right, but not according to this one, because I dislike multi-national corporations. If they actually asked decent questions on smaller scale, I'd be way to the right.

http://www.theadvocates.org/images/bd/quiz/red_dots/60_70.gif?1351125729

This one makes marginally more sense.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Evil Smurf said:
<spoiler=2nd website, http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz>the other test
Evil Smurf's issues Score is 80%
Evil Smurf's issues Score is 40%
http://www.theadvocates.org/images/bd/quiz/red_dots/80_40.gif?1351125729
I prefer the second test that you've brought to the table. It is more straight forward and makes more sense.

The first test the OP brought had bad wording and too many almost moral ultimatum type questions that where pretty close to: Should we kill all the babies? Plus the listing of famous people board for the test is stupid, because Obama and Romney should be nowhere near each other.

50% personal
100% economic(Yeah! A+ on economics, at least that is how I think it should work).

I knew I was mostly conservative. I'm of course very vocal about freedom. Though I think that National ID card bit had no place in the personal freedom section. Of course we need a National ID card is needed, we already have them, and they make sense because being able to cheat systems because nobody knows who you are, is not a part of personal freedom.

So in that case, I should at least be 70% on freedom and not 50%.

Though right now looking at you Evil Smurf, considering we are on near opposite ends of the political spectrum, it is the law that we must get together and have a fist fight. =P

Edit: Yeah, I can post again. Some stupid program had attached itself onto my PC and interfered with the sites posting mechanics. I had to delete sections of it out of its program folder to get the uninstall for it to work; I guess it had anti-uninstall fail-safes. Now I've got to find out who's been messing with my computer.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011

Well...there you go. I'm a little less left and a little more liberatarian than I though. I was challenged a bit in the first 3 but then it was like "Religion? Sex? This is the cakewalk part". Seems like a lot of you are similar, at the very least 3rd quadrant.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
I was pretty close to Ghandi, I think -3 Left and -1 Down. I don't really have any strong political beliefs at all, as so far I feel I've been largely unaffected by my own Government, though that's likely to change in the next few years.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Berithil said:
Wow, almost everyone is in the green.

I feel alone :(
Despite what xbox live would have you believe (what with all the homophobic kids) most gamers are left leaning.

I wonder how Teddy Roosevelt would have done on that test.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011

Well...there you go. I'm a little less left and a little more liberatarian than I though. I was challenged a bit in the first 3 but then it was like "Religion? Sex? This is the cakewalk part". Seems like a lot of you are similar, at the very least 3rd quadrant.