"The Post Count causes ELITISM and should be done away with! " Do you agree?

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
I think it is fine, alot of people have really high post counts because they post on EVEYTHING, I have been on this site for over 3 years but only have an average post count because I only post on things I think I can say something that has not already been said.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Personally I think it's what people say that make them memorable. That someone has a high post count, is just a fact, but I don't think it causes Elitism. Just because someone has said a lot, doesn't mean there point is less valid than someone who has said little. Most of the time it's even the opposite.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Vault101 said:
......really?...I mean do I seem elitist to you?

I dont see why anyone would get their undies in a twist over post count..I mean honestly
Vault101--Welcome back!!!

I like your "Mourning Avatar". Please be careful so you don't get banned, too. The Mods are watching us.
>_>
_>
...always watching us...

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
Johnny Impact said:
CrunkParty said:
You think removing the post count will prevent elitism? As an elitist I gotta tell you, we're more adaptable than that you weak "less than 500" guttersnipe.
Pretty much this, snark included.

I like looking at post counts, mine and others'. I know it doesn't mean anything, really, but it entertains me. I anticipate the day when my own count finally clears 1000 and I can wear the Morpheus badge.

.....God, I am *such* a nerd.
I WANT MY NEO BADGE. I AM THE ONE I TELL YOU.

Post counts are just a nice little reminder of how much of my time I waste here with you lovely people.

Signa said:
As Oprah was quoting, they have over 9,000 penises, and they are all raping children.

Just in case you don't know what the fuck I'm referencing:
Ah, back when Anonymous was still a force of righteous lulz. I miss those days.

Thistlehart

Nov 10, 2010
rob_simple said:
Thistlehart said:
rob_simple said:
Life must be really shitty when you can get genuinely upset about something as insignificant as a post counter, and this is on a site where people lose their shit when Dante's hair colour changes.
Mind if I contradict that?

Life must be pretty good if something as small and petty as post count can be construed as upsetting. The people whinging about this apparently have little in the way of difficulties in their lives, so they must invent some.

Those who've had a hard life are most likely to smile at rainbows. Those who've had an easy life are more likely to sneer at them.
...Well played. Well played, indeed.

It must still be a miserable existence, though, if you have such a gilded life and can still devote time to getting upset over trivial things rather than buying ponies or whatever it is the wealthy do with their disposable income.
By the gods, man! That's brilliant! That's exactly what these sticks in the mud need to cheer up and appreciate their good fortune!

Dec 14, 2009
Carsus Tyrell said:
Put simply, it's a load of bollocks. So what if Daystar or Fappy post a lot? If you think it's a really an issue with a select few posting most of the things how about YOU post MORE instead of whining? Exercise a stiff upper lip you smelly, possibly French, peasants. I haven't created a single topic during my time here, it's not because I'm scared our Grand Lord Daystar will feed me to his younglings if he disapproves. It's because I haven't thought of anything I personally deem thread worthy. I don't post much because 8 times out of 10 I just brain vomit all over the comment box or have no strong opinion on the topic at hand.

At the end of the day it's just a sodding number.
Mr Grand Lord Daystar, if you please.

Can't let the riffraff get too familiar now, can we?

Basement Cat

Jul 26, 2012
Copper Zen said:
Sassafrass said:
Do what you want with it, cliques are and will always form here as long as user groups are around. Post count is just the by product of those things happening.

Also, I just read that thread in R&P, couldn't see any posts about it. I must be blind. :p
WHAT?!?

***checks thread***

OOOPS!!!

It must have been on a different thread. Since I don't remember which one I just edited it out.. I checked my post history and found the correct Thread.

[small]I'm so embarrassed.[/small]
Calibanbutcher said:
Copper Zen said:
This subject came up in R&P. The Thread was: A thread to complain about the small issues of the escapist forums.
Hurray for me, both these threads sprung from my genius.
Apparently they were so good as to inspire others.
[sub]I am awesome[sub]
Hurray, congratulatory wankery![/sub][/sub]
They were Off-Topic threads though, not R&P, just to correct Copper Zen.

I'm setting a new personal record for 'fact errors'. And on a Thread with lots of posters watching. GO ME!!!

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Carsus Tyrell said:
Put simply, it's a load of bollocks. So what if Daystar or Fappy post a lot? If you think it's a really an issue with a select few posting most of the things how about YOU post MORE instead of whining? Exercise a stiff upper lip you smelly, possibly French, peasants. I haven't created a single topic during my time here, it's not because I'm scared our Grand Lord Daystar will feed me to his younglings if he disapproves. It's because I haven't thought of anything I personally deem thread worthy. I don't post much because 8 times out of 10 I just brain vomit all over the comment box or have no strong opinion on the topic at hand.

What, you are neither a sir nor a doctor nor a professor?
Why should I even listen to someone of such a low standing.
Tsa, Grand Lord my a$$, come talk to me when you are Supreme Emperor.
Professor Supreme God-Emperor of th Universe.
Like me.
Until then, I shall treat you as the low-life you truly are.
Boy.

Agent Cross

Died And Got Better
Jan 3, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Carsus Tyrell said:

These are troubling times in the kingdom.

OT: Post count means nothing. Spend a little bit of time in the forum games section and watch your post count sky rocket.

Dec 14, 2009
Calibanbutcher said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Carsus Tyrell said:

Like me.
Boy.
Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of a Japanese Shinto Goddesses in the form of a rainbow wolf being more awesome than a manatee.

Basement Cat

Jul 26, 2012
Sweerdo said:
Yes. It should be removed.
One post? No data on the personal profile?? No avatar??? No badges or anything???? One simple five word statement?????

Spy!!! We have a spy!!! Scramble the fighter jets!!!

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
I'm actually a bit more prejudiced towards people without avatars, and secondly to the date at which they joined, and THEN I take a look at their post count.

I wouldn't say that there is much elitism by the posters themselves. I personally have a sort of admiration towards those with post counts or join dates far in excess of my own.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Calibanbutcher said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Carsus Tyrell said:

Like me.
Boy.
Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of a Japanese Shinto Goddesses in the form of a rainbow wolf being more awesome than a manatee.
Well, I would ask you to stop lying to yourself, but clearly your delusions of grandeur have finally managed to damage your brain.

How could a character from a bombed legend of zelda rip-off, loosely based on an ancient japanese deity born from a higher deity's dirty eye, even hold a candle to a Glowing Rainbow Manatee. With a pun attached?

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Sweerdo said:
Yes. It should be removed.
This is why I love the post count. It lets us know when an account is made just for the purpose of trolling. I assume that was the point of this post, simply to demonstrate what low post count and simple statement of unpopular opinion can mean.

If this had been a long-established user voicing such an opinion, a conversation might be had on the topic... but in this case it's just a sock puppet account. More than likely the only conversation one can get back from such an account is either silence or trolling.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I'm awesome whether or not you can see the counter under my name that tells you how much time I spend avoiding productivity.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Nowadays the post count also includes forum posts, so you have that stick in front of your wheels. I don't mind it much, really. Being here for over a year doesn't make me right.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Nopodop said:
The post count and join date, when used together, can be used to estimate a user's post frequency and possibly experience, so it's not all bad.
That said, it can be seen as a representation of how 'cool' someone is, although only by stupid, judgemental people.
These are the two things I like the most about the post count. It gives some impression of a user's level of activity - and it provides stupid, judgemental people with boasting material, making it easier for the rest of us to spot them!