The Professor Oak Personality Index

MoNKeyYy

Evidence or GTFO
Jun 29, 2010
RejectWoW said:
Skeleon said:
Please, please make a quiz with badges out of this! You just know everybody wants that, it's true.
Seconded. ^^

Very funny article, always love reading stuff like this, plus Pokemon is awesome so win/win.

Also, I'm apparently an water/electric type, either a Chinchou or a Rotum. (With some Steel on the side. Oh what the heck, just make me an Empoleon!) :p
Thirded..ed....ed. Hmm. Also, release that iPhone app and then port it to android!!!

As for me, probably a rock type. That's definately my primary. If I'm anything else I'd say it would be steel. And if not that then water. So my most likely match is...

Shieldon, Bastiodon, Probopass??? Fuck you gen 4/5!!!!

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
Umm... nice.

Unless I'm a horrible judge of character then I'm matched up with flying/steel.
I guess that makes me a Skarmory.

Then again, considering the nature of this website, as well as the nature of this index, I think lots of skarmories are reading this.

bobknowsall

Aug 21, 2009
Normal, I guess? Neither Ice nor Rock really seem right.

Ice's sense of superiority doesn't really work, and Rock's "unwavering faith" certainly doesn't apply to me. Ambiguity is kind of important to me.

So yeah, Normal. I'm grand with that.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
ThunderCavalier said:
Andy Hughes said:
Ghost types are dead.
I don't know why, but that line really killed me... no pun intended.

Seriously, I was laughing for a good fifteen seconds.
Not fifteen seconds, but I did laugh at this one as well.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
LadyTiamat said:
Steel/Ground type so im steelix!
Well, I guess that makes me Excadrill then.

Freaky Lou said:
I wasn't seeing anything that really matched me until I ran into Steel. To factor in the fact that I'm probably looking at myself too kindly, I'll throw in Ice. Is there an Ice/Steel Pokemon? I haven't played since Emerald.
Not yet, but it shouldn't be too much longer.

ZexionSephiroth

Apr 7, 2011
I personally think that some (if not most) of the descriptions of the types are kinda off. But I guess that it's okay since it's one of those humour articles. But I still feel the need to state my opinions on this.

Dark types would fit better as the quiet loner; has emotions (probably very strong ones) but doesn't wan't to show them to just anyone, focused in ways others are not, sometimes puts on a serious mask around new people (or people they know that embarass them). Ultimately they are loyal comapnions but only get close to a few people, and probably spend a lot of time thinking instead of talking (making them ideal introverts). They have a great sense of pride, one of a couple traits shared with fire types. One thing I can say is if you can get them to want to do something, you will never find one more determined, save for Fire types. The best example I can give is some of those Final Fantasy Heroes; Leon Squall, Cloud Strife, Lightning Farron, Cecil and/or Kain.

Fire Types aren't so much as directionless, arrogant or rebellious. They are just the raw manifestation of determination. Highly emotional and open, it's like what happens when a Dark type becomes extroverted. They follow their greatest goal with reckless abandon, along with any other goals they come across that seem worthy. The shear blaze of their determination means that it's near impossible to defeat them, as they'll just keep getting back up. They have a sense of pride that rivals most others. Best examples include a bunch of characters from the various digimon seasons (The ones with the fire wielding lizards), Naruto, And a whole bunch of others. Seriously, much like there's a fire type starter each generation, there's a fire type personality as the hero in almost every Anime.

Ice types; That's a hard one to explain. They carry themselves with utmost calm and grace, and often have an inteligent mind. However, it is very easy to miss them as they have less energy than many other types. They show fragments of emotion at a time, never being over-taken by them, so one may have to pay closer attention to emotional cues than most other types as the most they may give for happy is a slight smile and a tone of amusement in the voice. One can also expect ice types to take a lessurely pace, and you don't often see them stressing out. There don't tend to be many notable examples, and the two notable ones I know of are bad examples (as in 'taken up to eleven'); Edward and Bella off Twilight.

Those are the main ones I wanted to give my take on I may Give more if I feel compeled.

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
I'm a rock type, most of the time, but when I'm drunk, I become an electric fire fighting dragon, which is... interesting. If anyone knows an electric fighting fire dragon let me know, cause I'm fairly sure they don't exist, but they sound incredibly awesome

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
Hmmm...I want to say I have features from several of those categories, but if I had to pin it down to two...

Rock/Water, though I could see substituting Water for a couple other possibilities - Steel...Ground...maybe Fire...

Probably gives me Kabutops as my best match.

So yeah, count me in as part of the club.

RejectWoW said:
Skeleon said:
Please, please make a quiz with badges out of this! You just know everybody wants that, it's true.
Seconded. ^^
Thirded! ^^^

This article is both hilarious and genius.

Best article of the year thus far, by far.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
I'm probably a fire rock type, which is most definately a bad thing in some ways, though i swint to a water grass type rather unpredictably sunno why I go from an egotistical psycho immovably solid asshole, to an unmotivated social cruiser randomly, maybe I'm some kind of crazy bastard. Probably, but anyway I'm an intelligent and crazy bastard who is also super sexy, and like awesome :p.

Mauso88

A Simply Dignified Manly Man.
Feb 3, 2011
I'm definitely a water/ground type. I've known a fair few poison types and I love fire types in-game and in real life. ;)

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
I feel I am a Water/Steel from this description.... so I am Empoleon? That kind of sucks, considering it starts as piplup... Well at least it kind of looks like a badass..

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Joltik has been becoming wildly popular as an electric type.

and Im a water type. as i expected.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
well i have a bit of a controdition as im a rock/electric..........is there a pokemon like that?