The Queen Plays Wii

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
The Queen Plays Wii

According to an article on Nintendo Wii [http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_headline=make-way-for-the-q-wii-n%26method=full%26objectid=20276099%26siteid=93463-name_page.html].

As reported by GamePolitics [http://gamepolitics.com/2008/01/07/god-save-the-queen-from-nintendo/], the article states that Prince William received one of the popular consoles for Christmas from his girlfriend. According to a Palace source, "He loves his gadgets and boys' toys. So it was the perfect present for him." Unfortunately for him, when his grandmother later saw him playing with the system, she became intrigued.

"When she saw William playing a game after lunch at Sandringham she thought the Nintendo looked tremendous fun and begged to join in," the source said. "She played a simple ten-pin bowling game and by all accounts was a natural. It was hilarious. William was in fits of laughter. He was enormously impressed at having such a cool gran. And although she is 81 the Queen's hand-eye coordination was as good as somebody half her age."

Her use of the Royal Wii is not the Queen's first foray into technology. According to the report, she has kept up with mobile phone technology, owns her own iPod and began making use of a Blackberry in June of this year.

"[William's] only difficulty now is prising it away from the Queen's clutches," the source said. "She showed all the signs of becoming a Nintendo addict."

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Alright, so when does Nintendo start stamping Wiis with "By Commission of Her Majesty..." and that spiffy royal logo? Y'know, like HP sauce and those cookies?

(And Reggie Fils-Amie (sp?) must be pounding his head on his desk even harder now for not ramping up Wii production earlier.)

-- Steve

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
I'm amazed no-one else has said the line that jumped straight into my head the moment I saw it.

This is the Royal Wii.

EDIT: I need to stop skim-reading.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
BobisOnlyBob said:
I'm amazed no-one else has said the line that jumped straight into my head the moment I saw it.

This is the Royal Wii.
Well done. The Dude would be pleased...oh wait, I am.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Easykill said:
LMAO! Jack Thompson vs. the Queen!
Haha. She would crush him with the might of all the commonwelth combind!

This is probably the best thing I've read all day. Even if it was "81 year old plays a Wii" I would of loved it, but come on, the Queen of England!

Blayze

Dec 19, 2007
"You have destroyed so much, Mr. Thompson. Pray tell me, what is it that you have *created*?"

Or possibly "We once owned half the world. Yes, including your bit."

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
Now that nintendo has gained control of the Queen of England their plan for world domination is nearly complete.

Lol I bet Sony Fanboys will be pissed off that she picked the Wii over the PS3.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Fire Daemon said:
Now that nintendo has gained control of the Queen of England their plan for world domination is nearly complete.

Lol I bet Sony Fanboys will be pissed off that she picked the Wii over the PS3.
Most people would. It has that Resident Evil game. I would buy it just for that.

SatansBestBuddy

Sep 7, 2007
Unless she starts playing something along the lines of Metriod Prime 3, this isn't really all that surprising of news.

She is, after all, squarely in Nintendo's new core demographic.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
SatansBestBuddy said:
Unless she starts playing something along the lines of Metriod Prime 3, this isn't really all that surprising of news.

She is, after all, squarely in Nintendo's new core demographic.

Oh lol, I never realised that Nintendo targets its games for people LIKE the queen.

ShmenonPie

Nov 15, 2007
LOL, that's quite funny, but if she likes technology, then she ought to get a real console, or at least the only good game out on Wii, SMG.
What's worrying is she won't have time to make speeches at Christmas and have tea and crumpets anymore! Oh no!