The Rarest Game You Ever Owned...EVAR1

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
According to that site...

My rarest game for nes is Megaman 5 at 84%

My rarest game for snes is Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars at 77%
How is super Mario world that rare at 72%?

My rarest game for ps1 is FFVII

My rarest game for ps2 is... FFX? seriously? How the hell is that at 85%?

Geth Reich

Sep 16, 2012
I used to have Micro Machines, a 3D racing game similar to Micro Machines with awesome unlockable bean shaped cars, another 3D racing/shooting game that was all about themed vehicles with weapons blowing each other up (not Twisted Metal I hasten to add) and a very strange RPG set in a dystopian future where only the main characters had facial features.

These games were so rare I've completely forgotten most of their names!

Geth Reich

Sep 16, 2012
Findlebob said:
All the army men games on the ps1.
Remember the grimdark sequel Sarge's War for the PS2 where his heroes and everything he holds close to his plastic heart is blown up and he embarks on a epic journey of revenge?

wyldchyld337

May 24, 2011
Final Fantasy 2 and 3 (4 and 6) for the SNES, still with packaging and Instruction Manuals (yes, games used to come with manuals that actually had more than a key-mapping in them...). Also have the Black cartridge Killer Instinct.

As for a non-Game rare-game, I have all but 7 of the first run of "Rage" cards from White Wolf, if those count.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Illusion of Gaia/Time which I still have a copy of seems pretty rare 61% according to that site

All the atari games I own are really low too like 17% and stuff o.o

Dig dug 17%

Othello 9% LOL.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Well I did find a special edition of Silent Hill 2 the other day, that seemed quite lucky, I wouldn't say its exactly rare though.

Captain Anon

Mar 5, 2012
The Godfather Don's Edition for the Xbox, PS2 and PS3 this is as rare as you can you can't find this shops anywhere, however i find my copy on Amazon and there was only one new copy left

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
According to that site the rarest by each console.

Sega Mega Drive/ Genesis: Streets of Rage.

SNES: Chrono Trigger.

PS1: Final Fantasy VII. 2 Copies. One original, one platinum.

PS2: Final Fantasy X.

Gameboy: Super Mario Land 2.

GBC: Pokémon Silver & Gold.

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
I have some "rare" games like some Philips Videopack stuff, Microprofessor-games and shit like that, but when it comes to valuable things I have,
Skyrim soundtrack signed by Jeremy Soule, out of a 500 piece-pack
Morrowind Special Edition
Heroes Of Might And Magic Complete Edition (5000 made)
and a couple of other ones.

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
Well, I was born in 1989, and my first console was a NES, I am from Sweden so no regional rare games (like the competition games that popped up once in a while in the USA).

I'd guess... the Duck Tales game for NES? I don't think that's even rare, but it's the rarest I have.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Chakan: The forever man - Sega Megadrive
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain - PS1
The depths of DOOM trilogy - PC

those are the three rarest I have, all 1996 or older i think. and all in working order.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Klonoa: Door to phantomile for PS1, pal region.
Cost me $200 for a good copy of it and that rarity guide says it's an 83% game which is pretty dame high for a PS1 game.

Hjalmar Fryklund

May 22, 2008
Metalhandkerchief said:
It looks exactly like this:

One of my favorite games that ever fit on a floppy.
Ooh, I owned that one too! The memories, the memories.

I could never deal with the higher difficulties though, being a kid and all. :p

wookiee777

Mar 5, 2012
Gatx said:
wookiee777 said:
Gatx said:
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. A friend of mine got it for me as a present. He actually found a new copy at a Gamestop for $19.99. NEW.
I have that too! Not new of course. The case is in good shape, but the Instruction manual is missing in action.

I also have the Zelda Collector's Edition on Gamecube. It still kind of peeves me that they messed up on the sound and frame-rate for Majora's Mask.
You know what the funny thing is? My copy actually came with two instruction manuals.
Good sir! Do you think there could be a connection?!? I smell a conspiracy!

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
omega 616 said:
Well before the MGS HD collection came out, which totally destroyed this game.

I have MGS3, which I saw go for as much as £140 on ebay/amazon, and I saw a lot £40 -£80. I bought mine for £14, so I got a bit of a bargain.
Really? It goes for THAT much?

I better hold onto mine then..

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:
omega 616 said:
Well before the MGS HD collection came out, which totally destroyed this game.

I have MGS3, which I saw go for as much as £140 on ebay/amazon, and I saw a lot £40 -£80. I bought mine for £14, so I got a bit of a bargain.
Really? It goes for THAT much?

I better hold onto mine then..
They're prices from before the HD collection though, I assume the price has dropped radically since then.

ZombieMonkey7

Dec 24, 2009
Riviera the promised land, even when the game first came out it took me forever to actually find a copy and even then it was used

Garyn Dakari

Nov 12, 2011
Looking through lists on that site, the rarest game I could find on there that I own(And have played) is this, on the Sega Master System:

That gets 83% rarity, according to the site. And I'm assuming that the higher the number, the more rare it is. Anyway, it was sort of a fun game. Until the combat bits anyway. Yeah, I didn't get far in it.