The Rarest Game You Ever Owned...EVAR1

Klumpfot

Dec 30, 2009
I have Suikoden II for the Playstation, which I believe is rather rare. Some internet browsing also told me that it is monstrously expensive. Hmm.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Wolf In A Bear Suit said:
I don't know whats rare to be honest. Is pokemon Yellow rare? Its silver for some reason not yellow?
Pokemon yellow is the highest selling video game of all time.

I have Sid Meier's Alpha Centuri, This game did not sell very well so they stopped distributing it. Although another company just started too.

AlexWinter

Jun 24, 2009
Zelda Collector's edition on Gamecube.

Got it for £5 in Woolworths.

Think it's worth like £50 now.

Applejack

Aug 1, 2010
I have original Parasite Eve, Valkyrie Profile, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Ninja Five 0. I heard those are kinda rare.

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
Evil Smurf said:
Wolf In A Bear Suit said:
I don't know whats rare to be honest. Is pokemon Yellow rare? Its silver for some reason not yellow?
Pokemon yellow is the highest selling video game of all time.

I have Sid Meier's Alpha Centuri, This game did not sell very well so they stopped distributing it. Although another company just started too.
Sorry I should rephrase it. It's my most prized and coveted game. My childhood man, in that game

Sirpipple

Aug 17, 2010
I had that Mario dance dance revolution game. After I donated it to a daycare place I found out it was worth quite a bit more than what I had bought it for, but oh well it has a good home.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51jxHIhkq4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I swear, this is a real thing.

And it was actually kind of awesome.

wookiee777

Mar 5, 2012
recurve6 said:
I'd have to say my copy of Legend of Dragoon, though I don't really know how "rare" it is.
I have that game too! It's pretty good (and rare), though I prefer to play Legend of Legaia.

I also edited my OP.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
dessertmonkeyjk said:
I recall owning this odd FMV Adventure/Puzzle game I guess called Jewels of the Oracle. It's similar to Myst in which you need to solve alot of puzzles to unravel the mystery behind the place you discovered.

This is what it basically looks like.

I have that too! I never did actually finish it, and I think my copy was gimped. Were you able to move around at all, or did the computer do it for you?

wookiee777

Mar 5, 2012
Gatx said:
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. A friend of mine got it for me as a present. He actually found a new copy at a Gamestop for $19.99. NEW.
I have that too! Not new of course. The case is in good shape, but the Instruction manual is missing in action.

I also have the Zelda Collector's Edition on Gamecube. It still kind of peeves me that they messed up on the sound and frame-rate for Majora's Mask.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Proto325 said:
As far as I can recall, the rarest game I have is Tombi. I don't have the box or the instructions, though (not that I'd ever sell it).
Hey me too. I still have the instructions though. And the box. Sort of. The lid's gone, you know how shitty the ps1 boxes were.

I also have final fantasy VII which that website gives a very high score to.

GTwander

Mar 26, 2008
Just looking at the PS2 section I'd have to say Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land and Rule of Rose... but I'm, sure King's Field: The Ancient City is somewhere up there too.

Aariana

Apr 10, 2010
Ouch, this is gonna be bad...for Playstation 1, I have Final Fantasy Tactics, Resident Evil 2, Lunar 1 and 2, Final Fantasy VII, Valkyrie Profile, Suikoden II, Tales of Destiny, and Misadventures of Tron Bonne.
For Gamecube, Resident Evil Code: Veronica X.
Gameboy: Final Fantasy Adventure

All of which appear to be rather rare according to that site. Now if only I could stand to part with them, I could make some easy money :(

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Apparently the original Persona 3 is pretty rare.

I also wonder how rare my N64 games are.

Raioken18

Dec 18, 2009
Probably one of my Sega Saturn titles.
I'd borrowed Disk World a few times from the video store and really wanted a copy of that and Panzer Dragoon, but both were too uncommon for me to get. I once saw Panzer Dragoon at the videostore for $20 but my parents wouldn't get it for me at the time because it was what they considered a waste of money.

I was kinda bummed weeks later when I'd saved up and then found out how rare it was.

As for games I actually own...

Ermm...

Actually now I think about it my Saturn games aren't that rare...

I have Rune Factory 2 on the DS which I imported, or... Sonics 1,2,3 and Spinball. Or... Sword of Etheria on the PS2, or Vampires The Masquerade: Bloodlines...

Awww... I dont think I have any rare games :(