The REALLY Wild Wasteland. (The Fallout RP!)

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Nicole slowly stood, rifle raised cautiously as she tried to figure out just what on earth the Gary's were doing. She cautiously moved towards the crowd of Gary's, trying to edge around them towards to Super Duper Mart. This was getting unnerving, she had always tried to just stay away from the Gary's, but here they were, bowing to her, hailing her as... Something.

She lowered her rifle for a second to take a deep swig from her hip flask, hoping the booze would steady her nerves for a moment. Drawing herself to her full height, she pointed to the door of the Super Duper Market and cautiously spoke, "Gary?"

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
Megaton Guard Tower: 1 year and 6 months ago

Abigail gently knocked on the steel railing with her binoculars and cleared her throat with a sly, "Ahem!"

Walker, one of Megaton's snipers was on duty today. The man in his forties yelped loudly and quickly clutched his heart dramatically in an attempt to play off his surprise as a joke. "Abby! How the hell did you get up here?"

Abigail merely laughed, gave Walker a peck on the cheek and laid her packed lunch on a nearby chair. "You sound more and more like Stockholm each day." Nodding towards the horizon and readying her binoculars, Abigail queried, "Anything interesting today?"

Walker always enjoyed his wife's little surprise visits, they truly brightened his day. But getting back on topic, "That Lucy girl..."

"Lucy West?" Abigail asked with a hint of confusion.

"No no, the Springvale Survivor. Lucy Black...she's out hunting radscorpions, molerats and fireants again." Walker replied, clearly distracted while watching Lucy hunt the local wildlife through the scope of his sniper rifle.

"Oh! So you look at younger girls all day while you're up here, hmm?" Abigail teased. Using her own pair of binoculars. She located the eponymous Lucy Black leaping from rock to rock, firing two laser pistols while a gang of radscorpions were trying to attack her.

"You know I only have eyes for you...but I tell you, that girl has been the best thing to happen to this town in a long time." Walker smiled at his wife's jab.

"I know, especially in the last 4 months. The amount of trade routes she's cleared by thinning out the local wildlife and scaring off any bandits is astounding. Now traders that can't afford an armed guard even visit here now." Abigail remarked on Lucy's influence with appraisal.

"...not only that. That girl works around town from the minute she wakes up. Cleaning, fixing those damn leaky pipes, repairing a few smaller weapons. All for a bed at Moira's?" Walker was taken aback by how little Lucy had asked for in return for the amount of work she willingly does here.

Abigail was watching how Lucy had dispatched of the radscorpions by turning their tails to ash. It looked liked a self-imposed challenge when she could just shoot the body. Meanwhile Lucy had the weight of a very large and a very iconic rifle on her back.

Abigail sighed worryingly. "She never takes that thing off, does she?"

Walker immediately knew what she was referring to. "That Gauss Rifle? Never. Some guy drops her here half-dead, few days later she walks home and comes back in leather armour, backpack and that massive beast in her hands."

Abigail sighed again, her voice dipped sympathetically. "I tried asking her about that gun. Poor thing shut down completely, wouldn't say a word to anyone for the next 2 days. Springvale Survivor? Poor thing..."

"Yeah...but she's got a temper though! One of the Stahl boys tried touching that gun. She turned right around with anger that I have never seen before and punched the man square in the throat." Walker grinned at the recent incident.

Alice winced. "Oof! Why the throat and why does she strap it all over the place and not use it?"

"She's a short girl with a short fuse and a big gun to make up for all of it. That Lucy girl can shoot and I mean shoot! We offered her a job as a town sniper, but the little thing refused and told us that she had to train even more with that gun."

Alice brought her hand to her chin. "Hmm...there's more to it than that."

"What do you mean?" Walker asked.

"Have you seen the way she looks at everything? That girl may be 20-something, but her eyes tell you that she has seen hell."

Walker could only nod in agreement. "I think you're right. That girl just wants to talk and talk, but whenever you ask about that gun or home...shit, she lost everything and she has no friends here."

Abigail perked up. "Moira has taken a liking to her, offered her a bed and everything. Still, that girl works and fights till she drops every single day."

"OH SHIT!" Walker exclaimed as he peered through his scope at the disastrous scene,

A large tough-looking gray radscorpion had appeared from behind a boulder. Lucy pointed the pistols at the approaching threat, but nothing was coming out. Throwing the weapons aside, she quickly drew the rifle from her back and blasted the radscorpion into a complete mess just as it lunged at her.

It was Abigail's turn to yelp and clutch her heart. "Oh thank god! I don't know how she wields that thing."

Walker was immensely impressed. "She trains every day, straps that thing to her legs, back, carries it..."

Abigail lowered her binoculars and hugged Walker around his waist. "Tough girl, huh? I'm gonna go meet her at the gate, maybe we can invite the poor thing to have dinner with us tonight? What do you think she'll like? She barely eats, y'know?"

Walker pondered for a moment. Although the answer was clear as day. "That girl lights up at the mention of Blamco Mac & Cheese. Hell, she's earned her keep, might as well show some appreciation."

"...and that is why I married you! You have a kind heart." Abigail kissed her husband's cheek and sauntered away. Before leaving entirely, one more shout could be heard. "Now stop staring at younger girls and come home early!"

Walker smiled to himself wearily and shook his head at his wife's antics.
[hr]

The D.C. Wastelands: Aggressive gentlemen, not reckless.

"Hiiii Big Sissy Psycho Lucy Caboosy!!!!" Sylphee shouted while making an ungodly waving motion. The Anti-Materiel Rifle clattered to the floor as the rock Lucy had used to get Sylph's attention earlier was now being flung in her direction. The rock found it's unaware target and landed a critical hit on her head.

Stunned and surprised, Lucy collapsed to rub her aching skull. (Serious Note to self: Steal Sylph's backpack.)
Since Lucy was tending to her own injury, she did not bear witness to the nearby shouting and soon-to-be lack of shouting.

Emerging from her cover later, Lucy's foul mood lightened up somewhat at the sight of William giving Sylphee a piggyback ride. Funny, she wanted to do the same for Sylphee. Lucy followed them from a distance, not wishing to disturb their conversation or get another rock flung her way. She wondered whether William was an only child, he seemed to handle Sylphee's more childlike personality better than others. Maybe he had kids of his own, or he would make a good Father at least....

Shaking her head rapidly, Lucy focussed on the nearby building. The roof of the building was overlooking the hill that William/Sylphee were ascending. Taking a page from Alice's book, Lucy made her way inside, up the crumbling stairs, to the roof and got onto her stomach.

Prone and steadying her rifle, Lucy pulled the [color]pink cat face[/color] reticle over the torso of the trigger-happy stranger with a sniper rifle.

If William's diplomacy had failed...

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
"Anyway, you know, fifties logic. Like how radiation gives you superpowers, rather than deadly cancer that declares war on the lung cancer you get from smoking so many cigars."

"Right", said Evan who was starting to understand what was being said, "All this stuff sounds like it's from comic books. But that radiation thing you were talking about? In certain cases that can cause mutations to provide almost superhuman abilities. I've heard of one case where being highly irradiated, but not having a lethal dose of course, causes broken bones to heal."

Evan was about to start a debate he'd been wanting to have for a long time, this guy who appeared out of nowhere and had a voice from all over the place was the perfect candidate, "So, you seem like a well read man." Evan started, "If you could have any one superpower, just one no combination or mega deal, what would it be?"

You see, most members of the Brotherhood don't have time to read comics or even have a supply of comics. But Scribe Evan Ramsey did. Being quick with his work helped, as did having a knack for finding mostly intact comic books in the unlikeliest of places. Finally, at long last Evan might have somebody who loved comics too.

=====================

Meanwhile, Dudley had finished his little meal and had gone back to find Evan. He wasn't quite ready to call it quits just yet and Evan was the most obvious way back into the action. Hayes was stuck in a hospital bed for the time being and might not have any further part to play in this story, but Dudley was sure that he and Evan would be back in that wacky wild wasteland very soon. Whoever filled the position of "Third Musketeer" this time might want to take out life insurance of some kind. And not have black hair and green eyes because that hadn't gone well for the two previous "Third Musketeers".

Blast Off To Titan

Aug 15, 2013
In the past day and change since she had accepted her assignment to locate Frank, the deep cover covert operative placed within the Brotherhood of Swine, life for American Enclave Scout of America Constance Sorrowfeld had only become more and more bizarre. The latest example was the appearance of two couples, each consisting of a male giving a female a piggy back ride. Shaking her head, Constance's mind tried to comprehend the scene that was unfolding before her.

"(Have the Wastelands outside of the Enclave fold degenerated so much that men are now forced to give women piggy back rides?)" The Scout wondered briefly as she moved in on the two couples' positions, close enough to hear the conversation that took place.

Clearly things outside of Enclave and Brotherhood of Swine controlled territories was getting worse as the Scout found that one of the women was a slave just purchased from Paradise Falls and the other was obviously mentally challenged. The American Enclave Scout of America was just about to assault the two men when the telltale crack of a sniper rifle echoed off the ruined buildings and caused Constance to hunker down a bit lower as she heard one of the women and one of the men die in a loud and ridiculous manner.

It was obvious that only one of the two couples perished as the childish woman continued to speak. Constance confirmed this by briefly peeking from her hiding spot and "seeing" the remaining couple.

"That was strange, don't you think Mister Willy Billy Bomb Collar? I never ever seen anything like that before, have you? What's Paradise Falls? Is it nice? Have you been there? Did you like it when you were there? Did you get any souvenirs? What'd you get? Hey shouldn't we go find our new friend?" Said the Handicapped Woman, Sylph, to her compatriot, the strangely named Mister Willy Billy Bomb Collar.

What was said next sent a chill down Constance's spine as the woman turned and waved at an unknown party.

Oh look there's Missy One Legged Alice. HI MISSY ONE LEGGED ALICE!!!! HI! IT'S ME SYLPH AND MISTER WILLY BILLY BOMB COLLAR!!!"

Looking in the direction that Sylph had waved, Constance saw a sniper aiming at a number of men falling from the sky. Panicking at the possibility of being shot, the Feline Scout bolted through a window frame and out into the streets, putting as much cover between her and the sniper as possible.

"*Huff huff huff huff*" Scout Sorrowfeld grunted as she settled inside of a shell of a building. Looking around her, she noticed the body of the woman that had been killed, not by a sniper shot but by a falling body. That was not the strange thing however, as Constance could tell right away that the woman looked identical to the other woman. As perplexing as the sight was, she was unable to contemplate the meaning of identical women for long as another Sniper shot rang out, this one followed by a meaty squish, causing the Scout to run to additional cover.

"(Bodies falling from the sky? My Transport! Someone trying to take my transport!)" Constance realized as she bolted through a doorway, up a couple flights of stairs and through the ruins of a cubicle farm, "(And why the hell did those two women look identical?)"

Constance did not have that long to ponder the answers to her questions however as she found herself in the open once again, face to face with Mister Willy Billy Bomb Collar, Sylph and the sniper.

[hr]Included at [user]Generic NPC 22's[/user] Request:[hr]

Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy:

Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy. Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy.

"D-don't let them put me in that bus man. Don't let them put me in that bus!" Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy.

"Sylphy Sylphy!" Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy.

"I'd rather be put on that bus than have to hear about how we got beat by a bunch of blue haired retards for the rest of my life." Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy.

"Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy!!!" Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy.

"N-No! Please No! NOT THE BUS! NOT THE BUS! LET ME GO! NOOOOOO!!!!" Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy.

"Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy!!" Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy

"Nooo please stop! I'm begging you! Let me go you lunatics! NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo[small]oooooooo[/small]!!!!" Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy

"Sylphy! Sylphy! Sylphy! Sylphy! Sylphy! Sylphy!" Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy.

Wackymon

Jul 22, 2011
"I don't read many comics, and personally, if I had a superpower, it'd be unstoppable Endurance, like Vagabond." he said, his mind flowing twords the direction of his past, before stopping.
"You probably never heard of him, have you?" he said, idly pulling out a rock and playing with it in his hand. "Either way, yeah, being able to walk for years on end non-stop would be the best thing in the world. Just picking a direction, having an adventure along the way..."
He looked at him.
"Don't become a Vagabond." he said quite bluntly.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Mid-Round Update
(Everyone near the sniper, and Rainboq.)​

It seemed an odd coincidence, but the traveling sniper appeared to be dressed similarly to the way Alice did, though not totally. And it was, also noted, indeed a female who stood there looking around. Black reinforced leather clothing, a nice wide-brim hat, Clint Eastwood style poncho, and good travel boots. Also, as the stranger turned, they would see one-piece shaded goggles on her. The sniper also had a piece of paper on the wall nearby with names crossed out. Some of them were th names of flying raiders, in fact. You might now get the idea from all this: A bounty hunter. She responded to William.

"Nice of you to join me, but as you can see, I've got work."

She had a curious Texan accent, which was both pronounced and yet not TOO country. Just then, there was another distant launching sound, and she turned to fire on raider in question, scoring a hit on central mass, so that his scream was cut off with an "UUURGH!!". There, she crossed off the name 'Raz The Taz' from her list. Sylph would notice that 'Undertaker Henry' was on the list.

"I have to get some in now, 'cause I heard Talon Company's mobilizing on a target and I need some commission before they end up taking mine. You might wanna get yourself out of here, being a runaway from Paradise Falls."

Well, she seemed alright, not after them. Just a wastelander with a gun and a need for caps. The sniper noticed all of them, including the curious one with the cat-ears that'd been all over the place. What the hell was that all about, then?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nicole appeared to have caused something of an inter-Gary-stir with murmurings of "Gary" here and there, where finally they all decided to pile into and onto the store, fortifying it like a bunker with whatever materials were on hand. Somehow, they all had army helmets on now. One of them shouted at her to come in as well, probably because they'd elected her leader.

"Gary? Gary! Gary-Gary!"

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Washington, District of Columbia - Museum Of Technology
Machines, Machines were swarming from everywhere onto Talion. He kept on firing and they kept on firing, but reloading at an arms length from them was hard, so he started smashing. Ripping their arms and heads off, beating them with their own limbs. After a minute of this, it stopped as suddenly as it began. Heaps of electronic scrap, brass shells, and discarded guns. He took what he could use from their mags and started moving again, motioning for Laura to follow him.

Museums weren't for horses, but it was more dangerous for her to be alone in the urban hellhole that was outside, still safer than Denver or LA though.

He heard gunfire again, this time from the distance, hopefully it was where the Paladins he was looking for were.

Rifle in his right hand, pistol in his left he followed the gunfire to its source, walking through the remains of wrecked androids and their partially melted casing.

He was close now, pushing open the door to where he assumed the source was.
The sight on the other side was of Androids and Paladins skirmishing.
The Paladins were shooting and yelling to eachother, The Androids running and shooting and dogpiling on the Paladins.

Talion quickly holstered his pistol and opened fire, as he began to wade into the mess infront of him.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
While Alice was watching the girl with the cat ears, she saw something spook her and causing her to rush for cover before quickly moving out of sight. Aware that while the girl didn't look like a threat, she had the potential to be danger to William, Sylph and Lucy, Alice wearily got to her feet and began her descent to ground level.

She brushed herself off with one of her hands, feeling stickiness as she did so. Raising her hand up to eye level she grimaced as she remembered it was the blood of the raider from before. It had saturated her coat to the level where she considered taking it off. Not wanting to have to head back afterwards, she decided to just deal with it and headed off in the direction of the others.

As Alice got closer she saw a brief movement to her left. Looking closely it seemed Lucy had a decent vantage point, as she was lying on her stomach looking intently through her scope. With her finger on the trigger Alice assumed that Lucy must be able to see more than she could earlier.

Making her way up to Lucy's level, Alice crawled down into a similar stance and shuffled alongside her, bringing her own rifle into position.

"What do you see?" she whispered quietly.

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
"Talon Company, they're always bad news." Said William, peering at the list of names the sniper was crossing off, "I suppose we all have to make our living some way or another." William turned back to the rest of the group and beckoned for them to approach. The sniper wasn't firing at them and wasn't hostile either, so as long as they didn't put her off sniping there shouldn't be a problem. Indeed, with Talon Company approaching it would provide motivation to get moving.

William was eager to head South, Rivet City lay that way. As did a proper meal, a proper shave and someone with the technological know how to remove his bomb collar without it going off. If he could do that then he could deliver the information he had gathered on the Enclave to the Brotherhood. After that, William hadn't decided yet but the current team got up to all sorts of adventures and he was enjoying their company. Perhaps it was time to take a break from mercenary work.

William craned his neck to look at Sylph, still having the time of her life with the piggyback. I wouldn't think somebody had shot you a few minutes ago, the way you rise above it all is extraordinary. It is better to give you these moments of brevity, for you appreciate them most, and your joy is infectious and necessary in dark times. William did occasionally envy the childlike innocence of Sylph, she saw everything through different eyes and seemed to have a fine time regardless of the situation, unless she took her choker off.

For the record, Lucy had been wondering several things about William, he was not an only child, born to parents that fled their native country and made a new life elsewhere, another son and daughter had followed William once his parents had settled. In addition, he did not have children of his own, or any family for that matter. When his hometown had been destroyed by raiders, William's family had been amongst the dead. His parents had died in their home, one of the first buildings to fall when the town wall had been breached. The raiders knocked down most homes with the occupants still inside. William's sister and her husband were killed trying to hold the raiders at the breach in the wall, their deaths were quick. Finally, William's brother was part of another group that made it out of town but got run down by a raiding party two miles into their escape. William doesn't know how they died, though he went back years later and tried to find something, he didn't recognise the bodies of his family, nor did he remember which pile of scrap had been his family home.

Generic NPC 22

The Most Generic of NPCs
Jul 12, 2012
The DeeCee Wasted Wastelands!

Sylphee was having the time of her life while getting a piggy back ride from Mister Willy Billy Bomb Collar and meeting not just one peoples but two peoples. The first one looked a lot like Missy One Legged Alice while the other one looked like a -

"KITTY!!" Sylphee blurted out when she saw Missy Kitty Cat Head, the temptation to run after and pet the kitty girl was pretty high on Sylphee's list but not nearly as much as continuing with the Piggy Back ride from Mister Willy Billy Bomb Collar. Mister Willy Billy Bomb Collar looked like he was having fun giving Sylphee a Piggy Back ride also and she didn't want to be rude.

Watching Missy One Legged Alice the Second shoot another Mister Soon to be Splatter Headed Raider and cross a name off her list, Sylphee did notice the name Undertaker Henry.

"I had a Daddy named Henry and he called himself an Undertaker. Do you think they knew each other Missy One Legged Alice the Second? That would be weird if they knew each other - wait - do you know Missy One Legged Alice, Missy One Legged Alice the Second? Are you twins? You sure look like twins!" The Red Menace machine gunned while Missy One Legged Alice the Second was telling them about the Misters and Missus' in Talon Company.

"Talon Company, they're always bad news." Mister Willy Billy Bomb Collar said as before waving to Big Sissy Psycho Lucy Caboosy and Missy One Legged Alice.

"Who's Talon Company? Is that who Missy One Legged Alice the Second is shooting? Did they do something wrong to become bad news?" Sylphee asked eyed the tail on Missy Kitty Cat Head. She wished she had a tail.

wilcoblackflame

Mar 15, 2012
Marlon nodded as Danielle laid out the schedule. It'd be a hike but after having been stuck at the Citadel for a while, he was looking forward to getting out and about.

Clients to meet, Enclave to try and stay a step ahead of, Franks to avoid, weasels to settle scores with. Maybe even find out whose side Lucy was on somewhere along the way. The idea she might have been a spy was still playing at the back of his mind and he hadn't shaken it yet. Have to wait and see on that one.

The Van Graff smirked and tore off a salute, following Danielle and the rest of her squad out of the gates, pausing only briefly to pass an eye across the wounded being brought back in.

No time for that now though. It looked as though fearless leader was getting them a ride..

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
The D.C. Wastelands: Alice and Lucy's Rooftop Teatime Club

"What do you see?" Alice whispered quietly as she had settled down next to her.

Quite an apt time to pose that kind of question. Peering through her scope intently, she found William waving back at her. From Lucy's point of view, she had watched William approach an armed stranger with a Sylphee on his back. Then single-handedly disarm a potentially dangerous situation. William truly was an impressive man...

"Another false-alarm." Lucy whispered distantly, almost as if she was talking to herself. "Another mistake..."

Dropping her guard entirely, Lucy rolled onto her back so that she could turn and talk to Alice. The strain of the combat earlier had made it's presence known throughout her body.

"We're safe for now at least." Lucy muttered distantly. Slowly, she turned to face Alice and regarded her bloodied clothing. Her voice dipped sadly. "I didn't mean to drag you into my mess." Lucy's eye widened slightly as she remembered Alice's inquiries into the group's immediate nature before the attack. "I never quite answered your questions, did I?"

With a heavy sigh, Lucy tried her best to recall and simplify recent events for Alice. "I'm Lucy Black. My Father was Enclave. I infiltrated the Enclave Vault to learn why he was killed. I was...completely out of my depth...I had to make sacrifices, learn harsh truths and let go of everything I had worked for."

Lucy turned to look up at the late afternoon sky, a small smile started to form. "Then I met this group. They were captured by the Enclave and would probably never have left that place alive. So I made sure that my infiltration did not go in vain. I pulled every string and put myself on the line to get them out of the Vault."

Lucy frowned heavily. "My cover and any hope of getting out quietly was destroyed when Sylph gunned down that Vertibird." Lucy raised her injured hand up to the sky. "I was tired of being stuck under their thumb anyway. So I made that fact abundantly clear with the pilot."

Lucy sat up facing Alice and chose to rest her rifle on her lap.

"That means that my time with this group is at an end. I have to leave and...well, I have a few more ideas." Lucy concluded with a sigh of relief and a much more cheerful disposition. "Feels good to get that off my chest. Thanks."

First Vicky, then Shifty and nearly losing Sylph?

Needless to say, Lucy couldn't bear the thought of risking anymore lives for her agenda. She would continue fighting on her own terms...

After giving Alice a few moments to ask any follow up questions, Lucy was comfortable resting here for the moment. "Anything else, Alice?"

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Alice listened intently as Lucy explained the situation and her past, finding herself somewhat surprised at what the young woman had gone through.

She's certainly brave, considering how ruthless the Enclave could be. Although to be able to deceive the Enclave to that extent, she must be a pretty capable liar too...

Alice sighed inwardly at the route her thoughts inevitably took. Annoyed with her inability to trust somebody, even after they'd helped rescue her. She looked over at Lucy, who was currently lying on her back looking at the sky.

Alice knew it was in her best interests to say nothing. If she did and Lucy told the others about leaving, they couldn't find a strong argument for letting her, a complete stranger walk away either. Despite that selfish thought, she found herself opening her mouth to speak. "The Enclave will want the others just as much as you," Alice said quietly. "Plus I doubt your friends will just let you walk off, when none of you would let me. They have much more reason to care about your safety."

Mentally cursing herself for letting her conscience get in the way of the smart decision, she decided to see what was going on with the others with her own eyes. Alice looked through her own scope to where William, Sylph and the stranger were standing. The walls of the building obstructed a lot of the view, but she could see enough to get a decent idea of who, or rather what, the stranger was.

What she saw made her blood run cold. A list was pinned up on the wall behind the stranger with names on it. Many of them crossed out.

Oh hell. She's either a mercenary, a Regulator or a bounty hunter of some kind. I can't see my name on there, but she's blocking half of it.

Alice formed her expression into a mask and turned to Lucy. "If you head over there, I can keep watch from here," she said. She wasn't bothered about the others noticing the list, but the stranger might have been briefed on her appearance, so she couldn't risk being seen in detail. She just hoped Lucy wasn't going to choose this moment to be stubborn.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
One of the jeeps broke off from the convoy and stopped in front of Danielle.
A Fat-Cat rolled down the window.
[Perception]He was a young man. Maybe 20-25. A bit on the small side. Most likely a dedicated driver judging from the fact that he wore relatively normal clothes with the exception of the overweight orange cartoon cat stitched into the left breast of his jacket, whereas combat personnel wore combat armor with a dollar-bill green color scheme in addition to the overweight orange cartoon tabby.
"Yes?"
[Black Widow]Danielle instinctively stuck out her chest, not that it would help what with the armor, which made her look fairly asexual and put on a slightly more flirty tone, not that it would help with the helmet's speakers. Her armor took away all her femininity.
"I don't suppose you're going to Rivet City big boy?"
"We are. We're to repair the bridge, and deliver a new limo to Bloom."
[Intelligence]If they were delivering a new limo, and had a construction crew, it meant that the Behemoth situation had been dealt with. That made Danielle's life a lot easier.
The truck's trailer was probably full of Bloom construction workers in Construction Power Armor. (See WW post 1039 for an explanation of Construction Power Armor true believers!)
"I don't suppose we can hitch a ride?"
"Depends, are you expecting any trouble?"
"We're not, it's just faster than walking."
"Well then you're welcome to hitch a ride. We could use the extra firepower if any mutant stragglers decide to attack."
The man signaled to the truck, which drove over. The gate of the trailer was opened revealing construction materials, and Bloom workers in their obnoxiously bulky Construction gear. The massive hydraulic servos always looked a bit goofy to Danielle, but it apparently worked.
"Get in."
Danielle and the B-Thorns climbed in.
And with that, they were off to the races.
"Marlon, I'm not sure how you feel about Ghouls, but if you plan to do business in the Capitol wastes, you're going to want to get on the good side of Mr. Bloom. Luckily, it looks like we're going to get to meet him ahead of schedule."

Blast Off To Titan

Aug 15, 2013
Finding herself on the face to face with the very sniper that she was trying to avoid and face to face with the odd couple consisting of the oddly named Mister Willy Billy Bomb Collar and the oddly acting Sylph, Constance tried to react in a manner that she thought the Great Miss Natsuki Manriki would have reacted. She attempted to act as if she was not intimidated by the fact that were this meeting to revert into a fight, she would most likely end up on the losing end of three versus one odds.

Puffing out her chest and pulling her shoulders back, she assumed a look that said that she had the biggest pair of bollox on the playground and she would not take crap from any of these unknown entities. She was, however, thankful that she was not immediately addressed as she felt awkward in social situations. Everything seemed to be going her way until...

"KITTY!!!" Said the ever strangely acting Sylph in a way that caused Constance to deflate as she looked over at the girl receiving the piggy back ride compliments of Mister Willy Billy Bomb Collar. Something about the manner in which the strange girl looked at Constance was reminiscent of someone trying to determine if they should run after the American Enclave Scout of America and pet her or run after her and tie cans to her tail.

Scout Sorrowfeld was quite thankful that the flighty Sylph's attention was drawn away from the increasingly nervous scout, which suited her fine since there was the emmenant arrival of Talon Company to consider.

"[small]What would Miss Natsuki do?[/small]" The American Enclave Scout of America muttered to herself as she looked over the terrain, ideas for various ambushes and traps that could whittle down whatever was coming to a more management half dozen members.

"I had a Daddy named Henry and he called himself an Undertaker. Do you think they knew each other Missy One Legged Alice the Second? That would be weird if they knew each other - wait - do you know Missy One Legged Alice, Missy One Legged Alice the Second? Are you twins? You sure look like twins!" Came a barrage of noises that could be approximated to words were they not mashed together like a verbal traffic jam, causing the Feline-like Constance to lose her concentration and plans.

"Is she always like this?" Scout Sorrowfeld asked Mister Willy Billy Bomb Collar (She was neither used to so many syllables for just one name nor used to someone having such a ridiculous name).

"Who's Talon Company? Is that who Missy One Legged Alice the Second is shooting? Did they do something wrong to become bad news?"

"She must be." Constance responded to her own question as she hid her tail from sight.

"Now, if Miss... uh hem... One Legged Alice the Second was it? Thank you for your Miss One Legged Alice the Second but I have some property that I have to retrieve since it appears that someone's trying to steal it." Scout Sorrowfeld continued as she pointed towards another man being flung high into the air.

"Besides, if the Great Miss Natsuki Manriki wasn't intimidated when she faced Lobo the Time Traveling, Planet Consuming Death Claw, the I won't let a bunch of hotheaded bullies like Talon Company intimidate me. Now, if you don't mind, I have to find out who's trying to steal my bus." Constance said as she prepared to depart, making sure that her weapon was loaded. In her haste to depart however, her tail started waving lazily in the air once again.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Roof of Some Random Hospital, DC Proper, Capitol Wasteland.

Scanned the broken skyscrapers around them, trying to picture they might have been before The War. 200 feet tall? Five? A mile tall? He had no clue. Right now though, they seemed to be on one of the taller, and obviously, less damaged ones. Which struck Johnny as odd. Even if you assumed that the nukes China sent this way were about as reliable and lethal as Chinese small arms were, there really, really shouldn't even be this much rubble. And in all of the stories, and all of the rumors he'd heard surrounding the DC area, Johnny had never heard anything approaching an explanation for how the hell any part of the city was still intact. Quite unlike Johnny's native New Vegas, where at least you had Mr. House to thank/blame for the city's continued existence. Don't ask Mr. Truant how he knows that.

Sadly, had Johnny not been musing on this, he might have kept up with the group. If he had kept up with the group, he might not have tripped on... something spongy and oozing a dark fluid out of every pore, and fallen down a dark pit. In any case, he was down there now, and could do nothing but press on as the hole he'd fallen in from had somehow sealed itself behind him. What little light there was in this new... room (for lack of a more disturbingly accurate word) had cold, dark blue sheen to it. It was as though the light itself had glare all over it.

"Or perhaps that which dwells in the dead light is glaring outward," Johnny found himself saying for no apparent reason. He chuckled to himself as he examined one of the red, glowing, bulbous masses that chaotically "lined" the ogranic-feeling walls. "Next I'll be saying crap like 'that is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with stranger eons, even death may die."

Johnny managed to get half of a laugh out before it was choked right back down at the sudden, but not entirely unexpected appearance of him.

"Oh, its you." "Oh, its you." Both characters said in unison upon spying the other. One with genuine annoyance, the other mocking.

"The hell do you want this time?" Johnny asked, letting his head drag down for a moment. He remained silent. Only now did Johnny realize that he hadn't had a chance to get a good look at his face before. And then Johnny wished he hadn't. Just after he processed... whatever it was he saw, The Editor reached up to his face and removed it, revealing a perfect copy of Johnny's face underneath. Again, shortly after Johnny was just barely able to process that, The Editor ripped the false-face off to a new one... or rather, the complete lack of one. Then the Editor seemed to grow in stature until he was well over twice Truant's comparatively paltry height. As The Editor's head ascended, Johnny found he couldn't help but stare into that blank visage, until it seemed to encompass all of his vision. Eventually, Mr. Truant managed to tear his gaze away from the featureless terror that stood before him, but when he looked back, he found that he was alone in the middle of the darkness.

Or rather, that he was all alone with the darkness, which seemed to roil and twist around him as he studied it. Johnny struggled to find a way out, or even the way he had come, but direction had become completely meaningless in this absolute, sliding pitch darkness. It did not have a beginning, and as far as Johnny could tell, it had no end. He could no longer see his own hands, or any part of himself. He could not feel the tremor of something moving near him. He could not feel even something as simple as the rustling of the wind, for there was none to be found here.

All that could be heard was the infinitesimally distant noise of a flute carrying a shrill tune - which could be more accurately described as the scream of a dying god... at least at first. Eventually, the flute stopped. And in that instant, the surrounding abyss... uncoiled itself, revealing a blazing centre filled with blind malevolence. The roiling dark melted away, revealing the strange stars beyond it, and for a moment, Johnny could see the vast beauty of distant galaxies... and then it all burned away in the face of the inferno picking up next to him until all that was, is, and would ever be was consumed in fire. Then the music started again, and the dark beat the light back into the pit to which it belonged... and as it did, Johnny saw and heard the cacophonous chaos of a new universe going through its first rattling birth-pangs.

Then the music died again, and the whole process repeated itself again and again, time after time... and Johnny witnessed the birth and death of a thousand universes, all nearly indistinguishable from each other in their impossibly brief waxing and waning cycles. And so it went on and on, in unending repetition, and Johnny's mind fractured further and further... and he found himself begging for any release from this horror.

Eventually, it came. A gloved hand appeared out of nowhere and offered to save him from his doom. Without thinking, Johnny grabbed hold of the hand, and it dragged him out of the endless vision of destruction and creation. He found himself in a much more mundane room. He was back in the hospital. Except, it was no longer abandoned. Doctors dashed back and forth through the immaculately-kept hallway. Nurses pushed wheelchair-bound patients from room to room. Relatives waited on benches that were evenly spaced between doorways filled with blinding light. All were dressed in Pre-War clothing, all still in pristine condition. Johnny looked down to find that his usual garb had been replaced with a depressingly cheery blue sweat-vest over a sunny-disposition polo shirt, both complimented with crisp khaki slacks that fit him perfectly. As he looked at his arms though, Johnny noticed that all of the various scars, burn-marks, and needle pin-pricks he'd accumulated over the years were all gone.

Scanning the crowd, Johnny noticed something extremely out of place... even more so than usual. Or rather, someone. A blue-haired young woman in an almost form-fitting red dress adorned with roses (complete with thorns). Walking towards her, Johnny noticed her nametag, which simply announced that her name was "Narla". Not... "Sylph", despite all of the obvious similarities. Regardless, Johnny pursued the strange woman, even for the simulacrum of something familiar to grasp onto. As he did so, she turned away, and the blinding light in the doorways filled the hallway. Just before the hallway, and everyone in it, vanished in a cloud of ashes formed from the flesh and bone that had vaporized before anyone even had a chance to scream.

Then... the same hallway, except this time, it had clearly been abandoned for some time. Johnny checked himself, his former injuries and scars were still gone... and he was still decked out in his cheery Pre-War outfit, which was still in good condition. Emanating from a source he couldn't pinpoint at the moment, was a bright blueish light that ebbed throughout the hallway, casting unnerving shadows on the walls at odd or even impossible angles.

Then, in a voice filled with honey, someone behind Johnny coughed to get his attention. He turned, and saw Lucy, still wearing her eyepatch. She didn't say anything, opting to simply smile sweetly at him, her eyes seeming to beckon him forward. Johnny did not even think to resist what would seem an obvious trap to someone in a more rational mode. Sadly, Mr. Truant was just so happy to see a familiar face that he immediately rushed towards Lucy and kissed her full on the lips.

Or rather, what he thought was Lucy. It turned out to be... something else entirely. Johnny tasted relief for a very short moment before he tasted blood and iron, and then nothing at all as his tongue melted into his teeth... and his clothing and hair dissolving as "Lucy" drew him closer with a tight hug. His skin quickly followed his clothing, burning away into nothing, the pain threatening to devour what little was left of Johnny's sanity by this point.

Just before not-Lucy managed to burn his bones and brain away, he woke up to find himself screaming in the middle of a rubble-filled landscape. He had never been happier to see the almost-complete desolation around him. And of course, never happier to hear the sound of nearby gunfire. Sure, it meant someone was probably going to die, but hell, it meant that for the time being, SOMEONE was still alive aside from himself.

Joyful tears scattered down his cheek as he fired his trusty rifle, which at this moment, Johnny loved more than life itself, blindly into the fray and kept firing until he realized he was the only one still shooting.

Then he saw... them. Two beings that strongly resembled Sylph and Lucy. The imitation was much better this time. If Johnny didn't know any better, he'd swear he was looking at the genuine articles again. But he wasn't going to fall for that trick again.

"G-get back!" he shouted at the obvious imposters, "Stay back! GET AWAY FROM ME!!!!"

He aimed his rifle in their general direction.

"Not again!" he yelled, firing at the air above them, "I'm not letting you trick me again!"

Generic NPC 22

The Most Generic of NPCs
Jul 12, 2012
The DeeCee Wasted Wasterlands KITTTY!!!!!!!

"Besides, if the Great Miss Natsuki Manriki blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah" Said Missy Kitty Head though Sylphee wasn't really paying attention to what Missy Kitty Head was saying which could've been considered rude but one couldn't fault Sylphee when a tail was involved. While Missy Kitty Head spoke, Sylphee quietly sneaked off of Mister Willy Billy Bomb Collar's back and waited for Missy Kitty Head to start grabbing her thingies.

*SNAG!!!*

"I got your tail! I got your tail!" Sylphee chanted as she latched onto Missy Kitty Head's tail which in hindsight, not that Sylphee had any mind you, might not have been a good idea.

"Let go! Let go!" Yelled Missy Kitty Head as Missy Kitty Head tried to spin around and whack Sylphee in the head with Mister Death Claw Gloves, missing Sylphee a few times while Sylphee examined Missy Kitty Head's tail with keen interest.

"How'd you get this? Can I have one too? Where'd you get it? How do you make it move like that?" The Red Menace machinegunned while she kept to Missy Kitty Head's backside.

*THUD!*

One of Missy Kitty Head's boots connected with Sylphee'd face before Missy Kitty Head started to run off.

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" Sylphee exclaimed before the chase got started.

In and out of building, over walls, under desks, through windows, Missy Kitty Head ran and ran and ran and ran with Sylphee close on Missy Kitty Head's tail.

"Hey! Come back!" Sylphee yelled as she skipped behind Missy Kitty Head during their game of follow the leader. Through what was once a Mister Water Fountain, jumping a few trashcans, Missy Kitty Head didn't look like she knew where she was going until she finally stopped when she saw Big Sissy Psycho Lucy Caboosy and Missy One Legged Alice.

"Hi Big Sissy Psycho Lucy Caboosy! I found a friend!" The Red Menance called out a pointed at Missy Kitty Head.

"Don't you people have normal names?!" Missy Kitty Head yelled in a rather mean and angry tone. Sylphee would have explained that Big Sissy Lucy Caboosy was a normal name were it not for Daddy Johnny Shakes.

Not again!" Daddy Johnny Shakes yelled, firing at the air above them, "I'm not letting you trick me again!"

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Daddy Johnny Shakes that's dangerous!!" Sylphee yelled before a large piece of Mister Wall came down on her head, making her go night-night.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
The D.C. Wastelands: Alice and Lucy's Rooftop Teatime Club

"The Enclave will want the others just as much as you," Alice said quietly. "Plus I doubt your friends will just let you walk off, when none of you would let me. They have much more reason to care about your safety."

Regarding the Enclave, Alice had a very good point, something which she hadn't quite considered yet.

"You're probably right, but for their sake, I hope you're wrong." Lucy absentmindedly replied while she processed Alice's train of thought.

"As for walking away..." Lucy got to her feet and positioned her rifle in a manner reminiscent of the 'podium' formation she had made before speeches. Lucy was developing a rather strange habit. "I can be persuasive if I want to be." Her tired smile had betrayed her declaration somewhat.

Lucy noticed that Alice had gone quiet on her, it was easy enough to understand that perhaps the sniper by William required a more cautious evaluation than the one she had given.

Alice had confirmed her thoughts when the silence was broken. "If you head over there, I can keep watch from here."

In the process of positioning her rifle across her back, Lucy stepped over Alice and walked over to the foot of the stairs. "Probably for the best, I have to say my goodbye's anyway." Stopping for a moment, "And Alice? Thanks for saving my butt earlier."

"Hi Big Sissy Psycho Lucy Caboosy! I found a friend!" The Red Doofus called out and pointed at a...a cat?..(AWWWW!)...girl? Was there a convention nearby?

"Don't you people have normal names?!" The Catgirl responded aggressively.

[hr]

Outside: Catfight

Lucy quickly made her way outside, intent on heading towards Sylph and petting the kitty. Her kitty cat scope only reinforced this desire even more.

"- not letting you trick me again!" Was that Johnny? When did he get here?

A thunderous crash could be heard nearby, followed only by indiscriminate gunfire. Having made it into the alleyway, Lucy sprinted into the open street with her rifle drawn, only to discover Sylphee trapped under some rubble with the Catgirl nearby.

Seeing Sylph hurt again had thrown her emotional reasoning out of the window once more.

Lucy's briefly glared and shouted at the nearby Catgirl. "What the hell happened?!"

Imposingly taking steps towards the Catgirl. Lucy visibly hesitated, opting to holster her rifle and decided against taking Beast Mode out on this girl.

Instead, Lucy rushed to clear the debris off of Sylph's body. It took some time, but once clear, Lucy proceeded to rest Sylph's head on her lap. In doing so, she had discovered the blood that had stained her hands and Sylphee's hair.

No no no no...

"WILLIAM!"

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
"WILLIAM!"

The recipient of the shout turned as he heard Lucy yell at the top of her lungs. William could see that she was on the ground, cradling a limp figure of blue and red. Sylph, I let her out of my sight for a moment, just a moment. He sprinted across to Lucy, who had pulled parts of a wall off Sylph's head and chest, which was now stained and matted with blood.

Standing in shock, William saw Johnny Truant, rifle in his hand and firing wildly. In anger William's mind put together that Johnny had hurt Sylph. William left Lucy's side and charged at Johnny, grabbing his lapels with both hands and knocking him over. William punched Johnny in the face, "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" He roared, William punched Johnny in the face again and threw him a short distance, with a wild look in his eye William grabbed Johnny's lapel with his right hand and snarled at Johnny before drawing Lucy's plasma pistol with his left and roaring once more, "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!"

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Johnny made a grab for the plasma pistol being pointed at his jaw, tried to push it closer before forcing William's fingers to pull the trigger.

William took his right hand off Johnny's lapel and wrenched the plasma pistol away from Mr Truant's chin. He took two steps back.

"What the bloody hell are you doing? Do you want me to kill you?" Said William, surprised at Johnny's action. He holstered the plasma pistol to keep it out of the fight.

Johnny answered William's question by pulling out his super-heated cosmic knife and attempting to stab himself in the heart, lungs, stomach, and brain. Each time he brought the blade to bear against himself, Johnny found that a subtle tremble threw his aim off just enough to either push the blazing knife into the air next to him, or to just barely graze (and consequently, sear) his skin. After several attempts, Johnny slammed the knife blade-first into the ground, where it stayed in place like a kitchenware Excalibur.

"GOD DAMN IT!" he screamed, pounding his fists onto his head, "You bastard, just let me die damn it! I've had enough!"

The Other One was oddly silent on this point. But Johnny was hardly out of ideas; he lunged at William, his left hand managing to get a hold of the man's throat, while the other covered his eyes.

"Yes! Kill me damn it! I need to die... I've hurt too many that I care about... I can't let it go on!"

Then, for the briefest of moments, Johnny's eyes flashed pitch black, and the hand clamped above William's eyes pushed forward a bit...

and thus Johnny unwittingly shared glimmers from his troubling "vision" that he'd gone through a moment ago.

Johnny didn't wait for William to regain his composure, and threw himself off the man, waiting for what he hoped was the inevitable.

With just a taste of what was going through Johnny's head, William resolved to knock Johnny out and hit some sort of reset button, Johnny was a danger to himself right now and whatever was in control of him was fighting the survival instinct.

William delivered a sharp kick to the ribs followed up by a punch to the face. He then grabbed Johnny's shirt and headbutted the man before throwing him again. William was going for the head, anything to out Johnny out for a bit, anything short of killing him.

Before Johnny passed out, he managed to mutter, "No... you idiot..."

And with that, Mr. Truant sputtered, and then his face fell flat onto the ground. Several moments passed uneventfully. Then Johnny's body shot four feet straight up into the air, turning upright in the process, arms spread wide, eyes turned completely black. Lips coiled into a twisted parody of a smile.

"Good work, detective" The Other Thing said in a mocking tone, "You've put your sharp mind to the task, and as you often do, arrive at precisely the wrong conclusion. I'm not the one that wishes Mr. Truant dead. So far, only he wishes that on himself. Granted, he does make a compelling case for why..." Johnny's hands gestured towards the prone body of Sylph, "But he's simply far too entertaining to let die so easily."

Johnny's body settled itself back on the ground.

"Your concerns are... not misplaced however." The Editor said, drawing closer to William, "This isn't the first time Mr. Truant has harmed someone he professed to care about." The Editor refused to elaborate, and instead chuckled, as if at some private joke.

Regaining consciousness, Johnny's eyes returned to normal, and he sank to his knees.

"Please be all right Sylph... please be okay... damn it. I'm so sorry, sweetheart."

As Johnny fell to his knees and appeared to have regained control over himself William backed off. He could feel himself calming down, the red mist that had descended when he had seen Sylph bloody and unmoving was clearing.

Sylph William ran back to Lucy and Sylph, though didn't get too near, becoming aware this may not have been the best time for a punch up.

Johnny wanted to run to Sylph's side as well, but was paralyzed at the thought that his continued presence would only bring her more pain... and not really knowing what to do about it at this point.