The REALLY Wild Wasteland. (The Fallout RP!)

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
The Three Musketeers, heads up!

While William Knight was having his introspective musings, the Three Musketeers were making significant progress in their journey to find Isaac Black. This was greatly helped by the talented Mr Black heading straight for them, with Evan's course correction they were just minutes from coming across a radioactive man in the wastes feasting on Blamco.

...or they would be if Dudley hadn't insisted they stop to scavenge...

"All I'm saying is you could do with a reinvention of yer look. Ya need a duster and a bandolier to really complete the 'Wasteland Explorer' look." Said Dudley, rummaging through a pile of rubble in a well-looted clothes store.

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing now?" Replied William, looking puzzled by Dudley's sudden desire to dress him up.

"It's only halfway to iconic. You've got yer waistcoat and yer holsters but that's like yer indoor wear. Out in the wastes ya need somethin more substantial. Halfway to lookin badass is all I'm sayin." Opined Dudley, getting a mental image in his head of a more suitable outfit for William. As nice as it looked, it wasn't that practical in harsher conditions.

"Do I not look badass already? I thought I was rocking the smart casual look, I've got a proper shirt and waistcoat." Said William, beginning to question the badass-ness of his clothes. It was true that they didn't look very intimidating or dangerous, but he wasn't sure wearing a duster and a bandolier would solve that.

"Nah, ya gotta get a big leather coat ta go over all that stuff and a bandolier over that stuff ta fully complete the outfit. Plus a duster billows behind ya as ya walkin and that looks cool. Look at what I'm wearin, I got two bandoliers and a leather jacket, makes me look even bigger and tougher than I do already. Ya could do with a longer one than me cause you're shorter and it'll work better on ya, but only one bandolier. Ya'll skinnier, two'd look dumb." Said Dudley, who threw a few mannequins aside to see if anything good was stashed underneath. There wasn't.

"I promise to give it some consideration if you ever happen to find the finishing touches to my iconic look." Replied William in a placating tone, who grabbed a mannequin and started ballroom dancing around the looted store before flinging it against a wall where it satisfyingly broke into a few pieces.

"Ya'll should grow a beard too! Beard'd suit ya right down to the ground, need to add another layer to the 'badass' image." Said Dudley with great enthusiasm, giving his own big beard a stroke at the same time.

"I prefer to be clean shaven, maybe in a few years a beard will grow on me, but not now." Said William, who briefly realised in his dream Old William had been bearded. Maybe if he just didn't grow one he'd sort his life out? Nope. That was a stupid idea.

"Would you two PLEASE hurry up in there?" Said Evan in an insistent tone, he kept checking his Pip-Boy for the time and looking around with unease like they were late for something, "I bet you didn't find anything in there at all."

Both William and Dudley shuffled out of the store with hands behind their backs and heads down like naughty children caught with hands in the biscuit tin. They then simultaneously pulled out hats from behind their backs and put them on before grinning widely at Evan. The sight of William in a womens summer hat and Dudley in a pink bonnet would have been funny to anyone else but Evan was having none of it. William threw the summer hat at Evan and Dudley ran to his bike, jamming the bonnet onto Evan's head as he ran past.

"Alright, we can go now. Y'know, wherever it is we're headed." Said William, his voice trailing off at those last words as he got onto the passenger section of Evan's bike. He was still thinking a little about the dream, though searching the clothes store had been a welcome distraction. Moments of levity were important, though William did question the childishness of it all when the threat of the Enclave hung over their heads.

"Ya know Evan, ya really should go for somethin less generic." Said Dudley, who wasn't finished trying to get the Three Musketeers into something of a more iconic look.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Said Evan as he got onto his bike and started it up. Just a few minutes more... ran around in his mind as something told him they were close to finding Isaac Black.

"Well yer a scribe, but ya'd never tell from the way ya wear that generic combat armour. We gotta do somethin about that, get ya some kinda set of armoured scribe robes. Them things are bulky already, get yerself a bulletproof vest under that get up and get some bits a metal on the arms. There ya go, armoured scribe robes." Said Dudley with a flourish of the arm, before starting up his own bike.

"Hmmm, in that case I think I'll copy William in this instance. I promise to consider it if you bring me these things." Said Evan in a 'conversation over' kind of tone. The idea of armoured scribe robes did actually appeal to him though, and Dudley really had something with his idea, if only he could find the necessary additions Evan would gladly wear armoured scribe robes.

Roughly five minutes later...

As the Three Musketeers sped along a mercifully clear road something off to the right caught Evan's eye, a man sitting atop a fridge eating Blamco's finest and accompanied by a miniature version of Liberty Prime. Astonished by such a sight, and the possibility that they had found who they were looking for, Evan turned too sharply tipping his own bike onto the side which dumped himself and William onto the ground where they started skidding towards the fridge.

Dudley ground his bike to a swift halt and began running over, but Evan was the first to react, having maintained his grip on the handlebars and landing in a heap. He shakily rose to his feet to see William getting up much closer to the fridge and turning towards the figure sitting atop it.

"Excuse me for a minute mate, we've just got some business to sort before we get to you." He said before turning towards Evan and raising his arms in a questioning gesture, "What the hell was that?" He asked, becoming aware that he was actually in some pain and had a cut on his right forearm that was dripping blood slightly.

Evan folded his arms defensively, "I got surprised for a second ok? Besides, this was important enough to crash for." Evan paused for dramatic effect, "I think we just found Isaac Black."

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
Lucy Black - Megaton
'Job Interview'

During their greeting, the thick smell of pungent cigarette smoke clung to the air, serving as an olfactory marker for Arizona's presence. The smell wasn't unpleasant for it was certainly better than most of the Megaton's wide variety of stenches.

"Lucy Black," The surprisingly friendly ghoul, known as Arizona, murmured with a smile, "I gotta admit, Thomas didn't tell me much about you, though it was clear you meant a lot to him from what he did say. So..."

Taking the friendly greeting as an opportunity to take a seat across from Arizona, Lucy settled into her seat and matched Arizona's smile with her own. Her eye narrowed ever-so-slightly when she spotted the business-end of a long barreled rifle poking out from a nearby crowd. She couldn't see the apparently short owner, but a flash of blue hair had confirmed Lucy's suspicions when there was a momentary gap in the crowd. Still using that absurd weapon and wearing that militaristic red dress.

Lucy smiled to herself, lost in thought as she turned her head to watch Sylph disappear further into the crowd, with only the rifle poking above the crowd to mark the Crimson Catastrophe's location.

"How was it? Was he up to par?" the sly duo of questions had severed Lucy's daydreaming and her head darted to face Arizona. The Ghoul Lady looked rather pleased with herself, as much as one could tell anyway and Lucy couldn't hold back a snort followed by some laughter. Not one of her most attractive moments, but she was taken off guard.

With a hand to her chest and another to her forehead while her elbow rested on the table, Lucy was trying to catch her breath in between bouts of laughter and consideration over how to respond. Fortunately, Arizona had saved her some of the trouble.

"I'm joking, you don't have to answer that. Honestly, I'm not sure where to start." Arizona seemed to admit with a sigh, "I assume you and Thomas had a chance to actually do some talking?"

Looking to her immediate left, Lucy was greeted by her own reflection, slightly obscured by the unknown man who had chosen to take advantage of the natural sunlight and sought to his bodily shaving out in the open. Lucy looked different. Clad in black leather armor, her hair was tied back into a strict ponytail, a harsh frown was amplified by the eyepatch yet softened by the blue iris. Despite the remnants of light makeup, old scratches had become soft scars along her cheeks. Her neck, however, was a warzone of affectionate bruising, markings of Shifty's passion.

"Thomas?! Heh...", Lucy rested her hand on her neck in a vain attempt to cover up the markings. Glancing up to meet Arizona's eye. "We talked for a little. Although girl-to-girl, he was - better than anything I had expected. I actually had to tell him to stop and -- ", Lucy cleared her throat and sheepishly shifted in her seat a little. " -- and I will gloss right over that part!"

The barrel of the rifle poked out from the crowd again and moved out of her view once more. This time, Lucy's had noticeably lost her smile. Crestfallen, her eye returned to Arizona. Lucy shifted her backpack onto the seat beside her.

"We met during the Behemoth siege at the Citadel. I was helping out the Brotherhood at the time, sniping behemoths from a vertibird before an Enclave attack had sent the vertibird into a crash-landing. I had business with the bastard that took me down, so I jumped out of the vertibird instead of waiting to land. I overestimated my ability to take a fall and - well - there was Thomas 'Shifty' McGee, ready to put me back on my feet!"

Lucy raised her hand to signal to a passing waitress that she wanted something to drink. The man whom the waitress was currently serving had drunkenly swayed before passing out on his table. Needless to say, Lucy had received a free beer which she had almost bottomed if it weren't for her desire to finish the story.

"God, that's good - anyway - I found out about Sylph and his history with her. Being abandoned myself, I urged Thomas to make up for past mistakes and find her. Long story short, Sylph found me when I infiltrated the Enclave - did I tell you about that? My father was Enclave, killed by the Enclave and I tore my way through the Wasteland to find out why.", with a distant look on her face, Lucy finished the beer, "Things didn't go as planned back there. I was in deep cover, Shifty was frozen to solidify my cover and I bonded with Sylph as the only person left for me. Wasn't long before I discovered Sylph & Sylphee, no-choker & choker basically. Sylphee thought I was her sister, something I was happy about and Sylph eventually felt the same, in her own quiet way."

Sadly, Lucy briefly peered into the crowd in hopes of finding her. No such luck. "She doesn't recognise me now. I don't know why...", trailing off, Lucy continued with her explanation, "I betrayed the Enclave, took Sylph and a bunch of others to safety and eventually left when a target was painted on my back. Fast-forward to now and it looks like I'm in the clear, Thomas though? Not so much. His life was used as leverage recently to get me to spill secrets."

Lucy leaned back into her seat and laid her twin laser pistols on the table.

"Why am I telling you all this?", Lucy rhetorically asked before sighing heavily, "I'm done with the lies, the backstabbing and Enclave bullshit. I was given a fresh start and I want to do that with Shifty. I'm still getting to know him, but with the way he's acting these days - it looks like he needs a bodyguard this time, not me."

On cue, Lucy rifled through her backpack and handed a box of Fixer over to Arizona.

"His drinking. It makes sense, I get it -- but he's stronger than that. If I can't get through to him, maybe you could?"

Lucy's eye widened after her little proposal. Her hand was briefly brought to her forehead after closing her eyes, "I'm getting ahead of myself here!", taking a breath, she continued with a sense of finality, "I hear you're heading to Dunwich. Mind if I tag along? I just want to help, I don't need any compensation, keeping Shifty and everyone else safe is my priority. I used to be a sniper, so I can even travel at something of a distance."

Why did this feel like a job interview?! Her heart was pounding!

A few moments had passed and Lucy's mind reminded her about why had sought out Arizona in the first place.
"I'm, uhh, not thinking straight today.", her hand unconsciously covered her neck once more, "So what did you want to talk to me about in the first place? Oh, and since I talked your ear off, don't hold back on me!"

[hr]

Kristin Blamco - Megaton Gates
'Divine Nipples'

Sporadically, the Heiress to everything BlamCo was visited throughout the day by newly-found followers, ignorant naysayers and abhorrent non-believers. The followers, consisting mostly of children happy to receive food in return for simple work, were known as 'Flour Girls' and 'Flour Boys' respectively. Having more time on her hands, Kristin was able to explain the core tenets of Blamcoism:

1) Praise the Gods of Dairy, for they will provide you with strength.
2) Respect the cheesy properties that hold this world together.
3) Spread the gospel of Blamcoism to the ignorant; they do not know the warmth of milky bosoms just yet.
4) The abominations of this world are clearly not tolerant of the milky sugar. Show them mercy through death.

The naysayers and nonbelievers were swiftly given knowledge to silence their silly ignorance that spilled forth from their stupid idiotic faces:
Women in BlamCo hunting clans were regarded as superior to the men. For unlike men with their false nipples and idle mammaries, Blamco women were regarded as holy warriors for their divine abilities, each a reflection of the Dairy God's essence:

1) Goddess of Nipples: Alongside the ability to detect cold weather, Blamco women were created in the 6-headed Brahmin's image and were allowed to lactate to feed their young hairless baby calves.
2) Goddess of Dairy: Being synchronised with nature itself, Blamco women inherently knew the tides of milky emotions. And much like milk, when spoiled once a month, the world felt the divine wrath of stomach cramps, a by-product of their heightened sensitivity to their surroundings.
3) Goddess of Cheese: Often confused with the Daughter of the Moon, AKA the flaming moon in the daytime, the Blamco women were taught how to provide and prepare their own meals, much like the flaming cheese ball in the sky, it was their duty as keepers of culinary knowledge to make sure everyone does not die a heathen's death, AKA starvation.

Those that remained were challenged to lift her sword and challenge her while she fought in bare-handed combat. Pitifully, none could lift the divine blade, to which she proclaimed as the Princess of Dairy, that she was blessed by Blamco to use such a weapon. The same strength could only be obtained through BlamCo products itself.

Finally, the BlamCo Princess was left alone to go back to her snacks. Keen on making BlamCo Taco (Filled with noodles/cheese/salisbury steak pieces seasoned with dried brahmin powder/a pinch of cayenne pepper), her Mini-Microwave was set to 'Deathclaw', automatically processing the ingredients and assembling said. Usually she wouldn't let the Mini-Micro's automated functionality handle the creation process despite that being it's design, she had a moon to stare down. Glaring at the apparent 'Sun', Kristin dared it once more to kick her, she had no qualms about punching the flaming moon in the stomach.

An odd figure walked by the idle Princess. Blue-haired, flat-chested, malnourished and clad in scarlet attire; this oddity of an individual proudly walked by with BlamCo goods that were reminiscent of recipes she had spread to her small army of Flour Children. Deep Fried BlamCo Balls. Crude, but dangerously delicious. Blessed beings need not have any use for their arteries!

Have you ever had a day where someone spat on your beliefs? This was worse. This was like 12 kittens spitting in your face because you keep coming home from work late!

'But Kristin!', I hear you plead, 'What is the matter?', I hear you grovel. Well, this happened:

[HEADING=1]"Peh."[/HEADING]​

Kristin Blamco rose to her feet, whirring microwave in one hand and sword in another, the Princess towered above the uncouth peasant.

[HEADING=1]Presence [http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Presence][/HEADING]​

[HEADING=1]"Speak no more if you still value the use of your tongue, Carrion of the Wastes!"[/HEADING]​

[HEADING=1]"Lest you forget, a Paladin of BlamCo graces your presence!"[/HEADING]​

With the ring of a bell, her meal was prepared: The Illustrious BlamCo Taco!

"If you turn your nose up at today's delicious delights, then I shall take it from you!", Kristin looked down her nose at the flat-chested peasant, it was all the proof she needed that this one lacked a fitting diet. This one was deprived, and on a charitable day, she might have provided for such a person, but not today!

Grabbing the snack from the Blue-Haired Barbarian's hands, Kristin shoved the snack down her throat. Chewing proudly for a few moments before she had stopped in her tracks. Hands frozen on her hips, the only indicator that she had not frozen over was the low groaning and the twitch of an eye. Spitting the food on the ground and knocking the rest from the Blue-Haired Victim's hands, Kristin BlamCo shrieked like a banshee as she lifted her sword from the ground and brought down a thunderous crash onto the pile of disgustingly undercooked and raw garbage. 'Food' was sent splattering everywhere.

"Why would you knowingly ingest poison, misguided child!?", Kristin looked at the sweet & innocent orphan, forsaken by different gods, she was pulled into a bosomy hug, partially attempting to suffocate the child so that she would never once think of such a terrible meal once more. Of course, there was a 'struggle', but while this one did put up a tremendous fight to stay bathed in ignorance. Kristin needed to shower her nipples in knowledge. AND THE BEST WAY TO REACH ONE'S NIPPLES WAS DOWN ONE'S THROAT!
Squishing her cheeks together with her hands, the Blue-Haired Orphan looked like a goldfish, a goldfish that never knew the meaning of life.

*DING DING!*

Millimetres away from the face of the uneducated orphan, Kristin presented the Mini-Microwave with a BlamCo Taco ready for divine consumption.

"Open wide and close thine eyes! Enlightenment shall be forced down your throat and I will not stop until your tastebuds have been relentlessly satisfied!"

The Blue-Haired-Angel-To-Be didn't have much choice when Kristin was holding her by the chin and forcing a delicious BlamCo Taco into her mouth.

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
Arizona

The Wild Wastlands | The Path to Dunwich | Megaton

As Lucy took the offered seat, Arizona couldn't help but look her over for a moment. She looked like she had seen the harsher sides of the Wastes more than most people have, and the pair of Laser Pistol's told her that she was more than willing to take care of any obstacles in her way in a hail of laser fire. The eyepatch strangely mirrored the Old Ghoul, but what she really took notice of was the plethora of hickeys and love bites on her neck, including a few that peeked out from under the collar of her armor. The corner of her mouth twitched up at that.

Lucy's immediate response to her first questions though was to snort and laugh. Arizona immediately took that as a good sign, since she knew some people, male or female, could've easily taken offense to that.

"Thomas?! Heh... We talked for a little. Although girl-to-girl, he was - better than anything I had expected. I actually had to tell him to stop and -- "

She cleared her throat even as the old Ghoul leaned forward and grinned, nodding encouragingly.

" -- and I will gloss right over that part!"

"Awwww, that's no fun. It's good to hear though. It sounds like Thomas has been kind of... Pent up." she said with a waggle of her eyebrow.

Something seemed to catch the young woman's eye though, and it had wiped the smile off of her face. When she looked back at her, she shifted in her seat in a way that immediately tipped Arizona off that she was in for a bit of a story.

And so she was. Lucy told her about how she and Thomas had met, during a siege on the Brotherhood by some Super Mutant Behemoths. She had been in a Vertibird, and when it was shot down she had jumped instead of waiting for the crash-landing. And, metaphorically speaking, she had landed in the Undertaker's lap as it were.

From there, she learned about him, and his relationship with Sylph. She had later met the Blue-Haired Hellion while infiltrating the Enclave, but whether that was in response to her father, also being Enclave, being killed wasn't clear. Things went downhill from there, with her being stuck with Sylph in a deep cover, forcing Thomas to take the fall and get frozen for his troubles.

That was news to Arizona, and something made her cringe. When she went on about the specifics about Sylph and Sylphee -- namely the difference being whether or not they wore the choker Arizona had picked up earlier -- was something she immediately took note of. They apparently bonded during their time in the Enclave, even though Sylph didn't seem to remember according the the young woman.

After betraying the Enclave to get Sylph out, among a few others Lucy didn't name, she seemed to be free from their influence, whereas Thomas was still a target, as well as a source of leverage.

"Why am I telling you all this? I'm done with the lies, the backstabbing and Enclave bullshit. I was given a fresh start and I want to do that with Shifty. I'm still getting to know him, but with the way he's acting these days - it looks like he needs a bodyguard this time, not me."

She reached into her pack and pulled out a pack of Fixer.

"His drinking. It makes sense, I get it -- but he's stronger than that. If I can't get through to him, maybe you could?"

Taken aback, Arizona frowned a little but took it. She was unsure why she was given that particular responsibility, and she wasn't even sure how to argue about it even if she wanted to. But before she could even say anything, Lucy seemed to catch herself.

"I'm getting ahead of myself here! I hear you're heading to Dunwich. Mind if I tag along? I just want to help, I don't need any compensation, keeping Shifty and everyone else safe is my priority. I used to be a sniper, so I can even travel at something of a distance."

Arizona's face immediately twisted into an expression of annoyance at that, and she couldn't help the growl in her throat.

"Ugh, that stubborn fool! He told you he's bound by some stupid oath to take me there, didn't he?" she asked, before crying out in frustration.

"He isn't obligated to do jack shit for me, and neither are you. In fact, I had every intention of leaving his skinny ass here with you while I went on to Dunwich tonight with another guide. I wasn't planning on tearing him away from his lady love. But..." she said with a sigh, "If you intend to come along too, I suppose I can't stop either of you, now can I?"

Leaning back, she propped her boots up on one of the few bare spaces on the table, taking a long drag from her cigarette.

"Here's the deal, Lucy," she started once she blew out a thin trail of smoke, "If we're all heading as a group, there's going to be a few rules. Basically, no infighting, I'm in charge, that sort of thing. But for you and Thomas? Make sure to keep it down at night."

She smirked a little, adding, "I want to be able to get some sleep, and I envy you two enough as it is."

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
The Three Musketeers, Fridge Logic.

Three pairs of Musketeer eyes focused on the figure atop the fridge, three jaws dropped in unison.

"Huh, I thought he'd be taller." Said Dudley, giving a little shrug as he did so.

"Don't Duds..." William said sharply, raising an arm to wave off any sort of reply from Dudley.

All three were on tenterhooks as they waited to see what Isaac Black would do.

It's not so much what the man on top of the Fridge would do. HE was pleasantly munching on BlamCo Mac & Cheese like he hadn't in... Yeah, I suppose he hasn't. Liberty Minor, however, turned and scanned them all.

LM: Scanning for communism... Communism not found.

Evan's jaw dropped before he inhaled and, with a smile, shouted "Liberty!" before making a beeline for the robot.

"You're okay! It's me, Scribe Ramsey, remember? Back at the Citadel?"

LM: Processing... Brotherhood of Steel recognized.

He turned to the others.

"He recognizes me! All of his memories are intact and everything, even after compression!"

""Well... *Munch, munch* That's good for you. *Munch, munch* But I don't know any of your asses from a hole in the ground. Perhaps you can fill in some blanks here. Like...all of them." Said Isaac.

"Yeah, that might be useful," Said William, scratching his chin, "I'm William Knight, wasteland explorer extraordinaire. The big blonde guy is Dudley Sullivan, and the guy whose acting like he just reunited with his dog is Evan Ramsey, Scribe of the Brotherhood of Steel."

"I think tha tin can made that last bit kinda obvious." Said Dudley, stepping off his bike and striding towards Isaac, "And those same Brotherhood guys sent us to find you. " Finished Dudley, pointing at Isaac with his last word.

"Yeah, not to be too dramatic but A LOT of Enclave related shit is going down right now." Said William, thinking of the past month since he had found that THE ENCLAVE WANTS YOU poster.

"So the Brotherhood sent us to find you as soon as they knew you were back." Chirped in Evan, hardly taking his eyes away from Liberty Minor.

"The Enclave is back in a big way. They've got a massive base packed with all sorts of tech and new research, I've been there and seen it myself." Explained William, "Vertibirds are flying across the sky again and they're led by specially members calling themselves Fallout-thingy. I've already met Fallout Jack and Fallout Scott, I don't know how many more of them there are, but the Enclave has a fully equipped army again, and they're pushing boundaries." William let the few seconds of silence hang over his words before realising he'd forgotten to mention something really important.

"And your daughter Lucy is alive and well." William said in an apologetic hurry. He then drew Lucy's plasma pistol, pointing it sideways and not directly at Isaac, "This is hers, she gave it away to keep me safe."

It was the old emotional one-two. William hoped it would have an effect.

Isaac took this in rather quietly. He had already guessed from the news that things are going bad with Enclave people on the move. He couldn't possibly have missed that if the MBG was active. They meant serious business. He winced at hearing about the Fallout Sector.

"All fix of the old guard trained their proteges before I left. There could be any-"

And then, William made the mistake of suddenly up and mentioning Lucy, both catching him off guard and interrupting. The next thing he would know, there would be this man, having gone zero-to-sixty from on top of a refrigerator, slamming his head down to the ground from a leap and grab that would be shockingly superhuman. They, of course, were unaware of the fact that he'd beaten a bunch of glowing Ones to death. From the one eye that Isaac's hand wasn't over, William would see that his face was in a rage that...well...you can SEE where Lucy got her temper!

"Where...is...my...daughter?"

Hmmm, the emotional one-two had worked a little too well in this case. William put his arms up to try and block any blows to his head, and twisted his wrist so he could get a shot in at Isaac if he needed to.

"Somewhere west of here, I don't know the exact details or where she is right now." William said in an exasperated manner, "Come with us and we can help you find her. Hell, the Brotherhood of Steel might already know."

As William was saying this, the 6'7 man mountain that was Dudley Sullivan charged forwards to intervene. With a cry of, "Get offa him ya crazy old man!" Dudley locked his arms around Isaac's waist and tried to lift him off the ground.

Evan watched proceedings with the expression of a bored schoolteacher waiting for his class to settle down, "Very mature, we might get some answers to all out questions if we keep talking but noooo." Evan lifted his arm up and mimed a talking mouth with his hand, he put on a childish voice and continued, "Let's have a fight, let's all just hit each other for a bit."

Evan suddenly noticed his recently reacquired Pip-Boy on his arm, William had been using it and there might be some information on Lucy. While the kids were squabbling Evan flicked through some of the notes, logs, and maps. He quickly deduced the campsite where Lucy likely headed west from, and he found the note from Lucy's mother to William asking him to look after her. How much of this information Evan might share was up to Evan alone...

The anger might have subsided in Isaac if Dudley had not tried to grapple him from behind. Actually, it still kind of DID, since the Duds would suddenly find elbows buried in his sides with military precision.

"Did you not hear me when I said I trained one of those men?" Said Isaac, as Dudley staggered back in pain.

Specifically, FalloutJack. He had all manner of fighting capability about him. Evan, meanwhile, flipped through his Pipboy at rapid-pace. It'd been recording everything. They didn't just have things involving Lucy, but the location of the Enclave Underground and everything! It also had that note...and another thing that caught his eye: His old residence.

"West of here? Mr. Isaac, sir? Didn't you use to live in Springvale, near Megaton?" He caught the dark-haired man in mid-fight right now.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"What if she went home?"

Isaac paused for a second. Would it be that easy? He decided to chance it.

"LM, we're going to Megaton. Now, do one of you fine gents have a set of clothes that don't smell of rotten flesh or the sea?" The Three Musketeers looked at each other, Dudley clutched his tender sides, William rose to his feet and holstered the plasma pistol.

"We don't have any spare sets, but there's a clothes store about five minutes ride South." Said William, dusting himself down.

"We can show you the way, then point you towards Springvale." Added Evan, who was hoping to tell the Brotherhood where Isaac and Liberty Minor would be going. Both William and Evan neglected to mention it was predominantly a women's clothing store, and Isaac might have to go in drag if he couldn't finds some decent clothes.

With their bikes, the Three Musketeers could get to the Citadel and alert the Brotherhood, then make it to Springvale before Isaac Black made it there. Evan thought it was a decent plan B if Isaac insisted on travelling without them.

"We really need to invest in some sidecars for these things..." Said William to nobody in particular. He was wary about the amount of space available on the bikes, they had transported more than two passengers before, when he, Ferdinand, and Fallout Scott had hitched a lift. But that was over a short distance, and Liberty Minor would be very difficult to get on the back of a bike.

Dudley walked back over to his bike, still rubbing his sides, "So, whose ridin what, or do I have ta find a sidecar?"

"I was heading for Rivet City anyway when I spotted the fridge. Kinda' remembered I hadn't eaten since...well...I was dead. As for seating arrangements-" Isaac started before Liberty Minor cut him off.

LM: That will not be necessary. I am not going.

"Oh yeah? I thought you were sticking with me."

LM: Negative. I was ensuring your passage for a time, only. There has been much Communism up north for some time. It must be stopped, no matter the cost.

Evan searched his Pipboy for information. He paled for a moment when he called it up.

"The Republic of Dave's been an Enclave airfield for a while now. Scouters say it was taken over by a FalloutDavid..."

"I don't know him. Must be new. Scribe, right? Any technical skill?"

"Plenty. Why?"

"He'll do better with a little maintenance. Gimme a hand." Isaac didn't like it, but they couldn't stop the small-scale Liberty Prime from acting upon his primary programming. With this work done, he would be at the full capacity he'd started at before he ran off, maybe better.

With that taken care of, they sent the robot along and returned to the motorbikes, Isaac taking to sitting at Evan's bike and speaking to William.

"Talk me through this. I want to know what's been going on with my little girl."

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
Enclave Vault - Medical Facilities
Surprise is the spice of life

Enclave Medical & Research Specialist #46 was dealing with quite the peculiar day, in that she was treating Enclave Intelligence Officer #411.

In the past, #46 had, at regular intervals, to deal with the aftermath of #411's rather... "spirited" interrogation methods. It often meant having to work overtime, and it certainly served to spice up afternoons that could be spent on research, to say the least. Unlike most other medical personel, her medical expertise came out of necessity, rather than choice. After the fall of Raven Rock, the Enclave was short in numbers, and since her field of expertise was in Biology, she had an easier and, more importantly, quicker time to learn medicine. Still, medicine was not her vocation of choice; she would much rather work on research that could benefit the Enclave as a whole. But instead, here she often were, taken from her research, needed to patch up some poor fool #411 had gotten her hands on.

And here she was, in this most peculiar of positions, taking care of the wounds of the one that had caused her many a headache in the past. If she wanted, she could make the Intelligence Specialist's life miserable. A crude insertion of a needle here, a little more pressure on a wound there, The human body is frail, and no matter how tempered it is to dealing with pain.

But, she was a professional. And, unlike her ex, above such petty, spiteful and childish ways. Besides, even if overzealous and ruthless, #411 got shit done. So she deserved respect in that way, even with her tendency to disregard orders.

"Enclave Intelligence Officer #411, please report to Interrogation Room #23. Enclave Intelligence Officer #411, please report to Interrogation Room #23."

Ah, just as she was done, aswell. With #411's treatment, #46 was done for the day, free to return to return to her quarters and her daughter. A hint of a smile appeared as she thought that, only to vanish immediately when #411 turned to her.

"Could you please contact the Intelligence Section and tell them to locate Subject: Jonathan Aristotle McKenna and Kristin Blamco?"

She flinched. Did she just...

"Very well," she said, her voice authorative and cold, hiding her surprise well, "Once you are done with your duties, I request that you visit me in my private quarters. There is a matter I wish to discuss. In private." she put enough emphasis to make it clear that this wouldn't be inconsequential girl talk.

Fixing her glasses from the bridge, she got up and returned to her desk, sitting down and clasping her hands as she watched the Intelligence Officer walk out with a nod. First treating #411, now this.

This truly was a peculiar day.

[hr]

Note: Collab with @Generic NPC 22:
The White Room

He woke up to the sound of mechanical beeping.

He felt... exhausted. Weak. Dizzy, and cold. Even half-way opening his eyes was a labouring experience. The brightness of the room caught him off guard; The lights on the ceiling, already brighter than any lights he'd seen before, were seemingly amplified by the color of the room. He was surrouned by white. White walls, white curtains, white bed... Only the machines he was strapped on seemed to break the mold, their cold metallic grey a colour he was more accustomed to.

Where was he? How did he get here?

His mind was a whorl of abstract thoughts and disjointed memories. Try though he might to make sense of what he was experiencing, his mind was in too much of a haze to think clearly. And his chest...

His chest felt... numb. Yet, he was also experiencing something much akin to pain, albeit... different. An echo of pain? Had he been hurt? Was that why he was here? If only he could remember... Maybe if he relaxed a bit he'd start remembering. He raised his right hand to massage his head...

Except, he had no right hand.

His torso jolted upwards as panic blitzkrieged through his mind. As he stared at the bandanged stump that was replacing his hand, everything seemed to start falling into place.

His first memory was of the ripper tearing through the flesh of his arm, and of his attacker being shot in the back with a shotgun. He took the opportunity and run, but then...

He unconsiously put his his left hand on the left side of his chest, and turned to look at it in horror.

The medical bay's single door opened to reveal a figure clad in naught but the cold black steel of Enclave Power Armor. It was unmarked and unscratched and polished to a high sheen, as if its owner took pride in his or her armor looking pristine and unspoiled by the outside elements. Whomever it was, they carried no visible weapons with them, a rather pleasant change given the circumstances.

The Enclave Soldier walked over to a display, the loud sound of the power armor's boots hitting against the floors echoed off the cold metal walls, and checked the patient's vital signs before turning over to the man in the bed. Again, the head rattling noise of the power armor in motion assaulted the man in the bed with a metal chair sliding across the floor playing accompanyment. The figure sat down and addressed his or her captive.

"Welcome to the Enclave Vault. My designation is Enclave Intelligence Officer #411. Assuming that you've heard of us, what were you doing in our territory. Not many come here of their own free will."

The sight of the black armour made his skin crawl, and he immediately tensed up. He knew what it represented: Enclave. Was fate so cruel that he had to content with being saved by them? He couldn't hide the contempt from his face as the officer sit down and revealed where he was.

"Your... territory?" he said weakly as he lay back, discontentment rising from the circumstances he had found himself into. "I thought... you were done for."

He could tell that Enclave Intelligence Officer #411 was glaring at him in response to the comment. Though she had the Enclave's patented black helmet on, the unblinking eyes looked at him as if attempting to burn a hole through his skull. Were he not already wounded and were #411 not already on thin ice with the Enclave, she would have crushed the patient's remaining left hand and made him completely useless to everyone, including himself. Her response was simple and curt.

"No." She stated in response to his thought on how done for the Enclave truly was, "If you're allowed out of this room, you'll see that we are most definitely not done for. The question still remains, Patient #2355, what were you doing in our territory. I don't believe you were here simply by coincidence. You're lucky one of those Blue Haired Idiots found you and brought you to our attention... or maybe not."

The threat was subtle but it carried as much weight as a promise. If he didn't give her the information she wanted, he'd be in the same situation he was in before he arrived here... close to death. At the sound of it, his remaining hand clunched into a fist, and he could barely hold himself back from doing what was obviously a very stupid move. The irony of his situation was not lost to him. The bastards who killed his parents, who singlehandedly turned his life and the one of his sister's into hell, had just saved his. The lengths his sister, barely an adult at the time, had to go through just for them to make through the day... For them, his hatred was unending, unyielding.

His sister... what had happened to her? Gah, he still couldn't remember. Maybe... Maybe, if he cooperated, he would get some answers aswell.

"How does... trying to live sound... to you?" he said mockingly, strained. Breathing still was difficult, and it showed, "Why can't I... catch a break... with you people... first him... now this..."

Him. Yes. How his sister didn't just shoot him when they first met he couldn't understand.

The woman in the Power Armor nodded at the answer in a manner that spoke of someone who had been in his situation before as someone who had been just "trying to live." Though they shared that particular kinship, at that point in time, that was all they appeared to share. There was an audible beep from one of the machines as it administers another dose of pain suppressing medication. There wasn't even a flinch as he felt the drugs flow through the pump and into his system. On the contrary, this was a familiar, welcome sensation. His body, tense as it was, assumed a more relaxed stance, and his facial expression shifted to one that showed noticable signs of relief. The Enclave Intelligence Officer turned back from the panel that monitored the patient's vitals and spoke.

"The fact that we didn't leave out there to your inevitable death should be enough of a break for you. The fact that we ministered to your wounds should be enough of a break for you and the fact that you're in a room in the medical ward and not the usual setting that I would normally be speaking to you in should be enough of a break for you." #411 stated bluntly, "You could at least say thank you for saving my life."

He would still not thank her, though. The thought didn't even cross his mind.

There was a pause as #411 noted a flaw in the medical chart that stated Patient #2355 rather than a name.

"Before we continue speaking. What's your name?"

"Joseph." he said, his voice less strained from the meds, "Joseph Marlow." He didn't mention his middle name. That one he kept to himself, "I'm guessing that the name exchange... will remain one-sided?"

If Joseph had a knack for guessing, it wasn't on display in this particular situation. Under the current Enclave, most members relinquished their names in favor of numbers. Personal identity often got in the way of the greater good, not that Mister Marlow was expected to know any of this. At that point in time, he was just another civilian that had been fished from the Wastelands. It was #411's job to grab whatever information that she could before he was tossed back to whatever life he had been living. That was the plan unless he got drafted. It didn't happen too often but there were more than a few individuals that had something to offer her organization and when they were found, they were often given a polite invitation to join.

Of course, if the polite invitation was rejected, the less polite invitation was issued, most often with the barrel of a plasma weapon.

"I've already told you. I'm Enclave Intelligence Officer #411. That is my designation." She said as she typed in Joseph's name into the medical chart, right before returning to business, "So... Joseph. Who did this to you? The only reason why I ask is concern for any foreign entities in Enclave Territory. I'm assuming that you won't mind releasing that information since they were responsible for your hand."

Right. Numbers. Keep things impersonal and professional. No need for kinship, or camaraderie, or emotion. Those only get in the way when you murder people 24 hour per day. You gotta stay detached, for heaven forbid that you suddenly started displaying emotions and second thoughts about murdering children. So impractical. It really felt like he was talking to a machine. A very snarky, ***** of a machine.

"We were attacked..." he started, slowly. His memory was still quite hazy and he couldn't remember all the details quite yet. "Bounty hunters... They... They came because they heard that a member of the Enclave was with us." The moment he though of him, Joseph's face turned sour, "Jonathan," he hissed, wanting to spit at the mention of him. "His name is Jonathan... Please tell me that bastard... isn't here aswell."

Enclave Intelligence Officer #411 was rather glad that she was wearing her helmet, even if it was a replacement after the BlamCo Ditz had smashed her original one with a single swing of that bumper sword. Had she not been wearing her helmet, Joeseph would have been surprised to see the look of surprise that briefly crossed the woman's face. It might have just been a coincidence, Jonathan as a common a name as Joseph or Charles right? Still there was a reason why Enclave Intelligence Officer #411 had never been to New Vegas. She didn't take any unnecessary risks. With Jonathan a fair distance away from the Enclave Vault and embroiled in her plans, it would help to find out if this was the same Jonathan that Joeseph was speaking of. Pressing him about Jonathan might have been a dangerous prospect, especially with the mics hidden around the room.

"No. You were the only one that we brought in, Recruit Joseph." The Enclave Intelligence Officer stated to the man who turned out did have something to offer the Enclave, or rather her.

Only... one?

Completely ignoring the fact that he had just been drafted, those two words were the only words that mattered. Panic started surging through him again, and it showed, for he stared at the black suit of armour as one would stare at Death itself. She must have been mistaken. Must have been! No way that... No way...

"N-no..." he started, his voice shaken, coughing from the frantic breathing, "T-there must be some... mistake! My... My sister... My sister was with me!"

There was an audible sigh from the direction of Enclave Intelligence Officer #411. Having been through enough of these shake downs for information, she had to be the messenger of bad news on more than one occasion, enough for her to be used to the emotional outbursts that followed. There were protocols that were typically followed in these instances as mandated by the Enclave Psychological Division. There were pamphlets located in the drawer in front of her titled "So you're the sole survivor of your party" that she could have handed to Joeseph. Seeing as how she was to be the recruiter of this little morsel, Enclave Intelligence Officer #411 did what she thought best. Charlotte Sorrowfeld removed her helmet.

"I'm sorry for your loss Joeseph." She said appearing genuine in delivering her condolences, "However, the girls that found you aren't exactly the brightest and they might have taken her for themselves. There's a language barrier to contend with so we wouldn't have been able to ask."

...the sole survivor of your party...

The words fell like daggers from behind, and Joseph found himself withdrawing from the world around him, not paying attention to anything else the woman that had just removed her helmet was saying. With the words echoing in his head, Joseph experienced a most uncomfortable of headaches. Cold sweat fell from his brow as his left hand covered his face, applying pressure to his head.

It was then that he noticed her.

In the near distance, standing at the wall in front of his bed, wearing a longcoat over her black leather armour and their father's cowboy hat, her graying red braided hair falling in front of her all the way to down to her breasts, his sister stared at him sadly, a melancholic smile etched on her face.

Lily!

His face turned from one of shock to one of complete, utter terror, as his memories fell into place and the puzzle lay complete before him.

He remembered everything. He found out it was not always a good thing.

"Run! Get to Jon! I'll come soon!", Lily yelled as the ripper-armed bounty hunter's lifeless body fell on the floor. Joseph, already going mad from the pain, started running. Jonathan wasn't far away, at the edge of the corridor, inside the living room. He could hear more hunting rifle shots in the distance as he run.

He entered the living room loudly, groaning from the pain. Jonathan stood at the edge, staring at entrance from the kitchen. He turned to face him. They stared at each other.

One moment later, Joseph was falling down, the left side of his chest burning as laser pierced through it.

He was grasping for breath, and he coughed blood. He started feeling cold, and his vision had turned frantic, like a sideshow. Lily ran in front of him, dropping hes hunting rifle, falling on her knees, tears running down her cheeks. She embraced him, crying bitterly over his head, before turning to face Jonathan, her expression one of burning hatred. And then...

Joseph openly weeped. The weeping was borne of despair, shock and the pain of loss. From the agent's point of view it must have seemed as though he was going mad, for though tears torrented down his eyes, the man stared at the wall like a paranormal investigator staring down an eldritch horror.

"He... shot me!" he exclaimed to no-one in particular, his voice vicibly shocked from what he was experiencing.

"He shot me... And then he..." he continued, his breathing so frantic that he could barely put up a sentence, his voice growing louder and louder with each repetition as though his despair was reaching its climax, "And then he..."

"HE KILLED MY SISTER!"

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
The strange scenario only gave Trixie a sense of pity for the man who had completely lost balance from her strike.
"Well, we can either follow the quite obvious sign trap." She pointed down the path at which the sign lead.
"Break our legs falling down a hole, or charge through a small army of guards!" She pointed out, but quickly corrected her statement noticing #209's presence.

"Don't get too ahead of yourself soldier, I for one am going with the former."
Grabbing the knife the man with the fez had dropped she being following the path.

"Let's get going before they realise we've left." She mentioned to the pair, observing the amount of laser fire obscuring her vision with aftermath smoke.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
Lucy Black - Megaton
'Hired'

"Ugh, that stubborn fool! He told you he's bound by some stupid oath to take me there, didn't he?" Arizona asked, before crying out in frustration.

The oath, as Arizona called it was news to Lucy. Nevertheless, it was just like her Illustrious Undertaker to have a flair for the dramatics. It was pleasant to hear that he hadn't lost his sense of honour even in the face of self-despair. The Undertaker was stronger than he had given himself credit for. Lucy, on the other hand, had to fracture her identity in order to resist turning the gauss rifle on herself at the time.

"He isn't obligated to do jack shit for me, and neither are you. In fact, I had every intention of leaving his skinny ass here with you while I went on to Dunwich tonight with another guide. I wasn't planning on tearing him away from his lady love. But..." she said with a sigh, "If you intend to come along too, I suppose I can't stop either of you, now can I?"

That was surprisingly thoughtful of someone with whom she had never met. For all Arizona knew, Lucy could have been a domesticated deathclaw. Still, Arizona appeared to be very welcoming and was most likely much more capable than Lucy was, especially if she had lead both Sylph & Shifty here.

"Here's the deal, Lucy," Arizona started once she blew out a thin trail of smoke, "If we're all heading as a group, there's going to be a few rules. Basically, no infighting, I'm in charge, that sort of thing. But for you and Thomas? Make sure to keep it down at night." smirking a little, she added, "I want to be able to get some sleep, and I envy you two enough as it is."

Raising her eyebrow at the mention of infighting, Lucy made a mental note to ask about any particular conflicts regarding Sylph or Shifty in the past. For now at least, Lucy clapped her hands together and rested her chin on them with a smile.

"No complaints from me, thank you!", cheered the one-eyed girl, "I'll be discreet. Although I can't make any promises about him.", she added with a wink.

"So!" Slamming her hand on the table and rising from her seat, Lucy beckoned for Arizona to follow her. "Lets go tell Shifty the good news. And it is good news, especially for him. From the little that he told me, you were there to pick him up when things were at their worst. Shifty's an honourable kind of guy, it wouldn't sit right with him if he didn't show you some sort of thanks in return. As for me - "

Stopping briefly as a bunch of children rushed past her, throwing all sorts of colorful posters around. Lucy grabbed one from the ground and shook her head before she started making her way up the ramp.

" - this BlamCo stuff is getting out of hand -- anyway, you kept him and Sylph alive. So I say don't think about this an 'obligation' , think of it as a 'thank you'. Those two, or three kinda, mean a lot to me."

Lucy turned to give Arizona a half-smile while they walked. A show of appreciation and another sign that she would stop babbling.
Stopping at the closed door to Moriarty's (unusual, but she thought nothing of it), Lucy waited for Arizona to lead the way.

Texas Joker 52

Jun 25, 2011
Arizona

The Wild Wastelands | The Road to Dunwich | Megaton

It was clear from Lucy's reaction that she was perfectly fine with the basic rules Arizona gave her, and she couldn't help but chuckle a little at how enthusiastic she seemed.

"No complaints from me, thank you! I'll be discreet. Although I can't make any promises about him."

"Tommy-boy's loud in bed, huh?" Arizona asked with a sly, sidelong glance.

The one-eyed girl stood up from the table then, and beckoned the Ghoul to follow behind her as she made her way back up to the Saloon.

"So! Lets go tell Shifty the good news. And it is good news, especially for him. From the little that he told me, you were there to pick him up when things were at their worst. Shifty's an honourable kind of guy, it wouldn't sit right with him if he didn't show you some sort of thanks in return. As for me - "

She paused as a bunch of local kids rushed past, with a few posters being flung out behind them. Lucy just seemed to shake her head whenever she picked one up to examine it.

" - this BlamCo stuff is getting out of hand -- anyway, you kept him and Sylph alive. So I say don't think about this an 'obligation' , think of it as a 'thank you'. Those two, or three kinda, mean a lot to me."

Arizona blinked at that, and her gait slowed a bit. A "Thank you", huh? That was new. Still, she shrugged and shook her head.

"There isn't much to thank me for, really. All I did was stop a drunken mob from beating him up after he shot up the bar's jukebox. And really, I only did that because I needed a local guide to get me to where I need to go. I'm a selfish *****, so don't read too much into it." she told her, though there was a ghost of a smile on her face.

When they got to the Saloon, she wasted no time opening the door and stepping inside, but once she did she stopped dead in her tracks.

"The fuck happened in here?!" she cried out, looking at the mess that she was presented with.

And it was a very familiar looking mess at that. One that usually followed a bar brawl gone wrong. There was enough blood and chunks of bone on one wall that told her that someone had to be dead after all of that, one of the tables was missing, as was a door behind the bar. What didn't make sense was that, as much blood and carnage as there was, it looked like only one, maybe two people really got the living shit beaten out of them, and there wasn't as much collateral damage. What was more, she could hear the distinct sound of hammering behind the saloon itself.

However, Moriarty himself was strangely absent too, so she slowly smiled and started to make her way behind the bar, with the intent of clearing out every bottle of Scotch her pack could fit. As an afterthought, she also made a note to raid the cash register.

"Hey, lemme know if you see Moriarty coming, alright? I have to grab a few things." she said with a mischievous grin.

Generic NPC 22

The Most Generic of NPCs
Jul 12, 2012
The Wild Wastelands | Megaton | The Gates
Non-Consensual Manual Mastication

Dying. She was dying it seemed. The Red Menace could feel her grip on reality slipping... more so than was normal. It felt like she was being absorbed into some sort of leather clad gelatinous creature. She could practically hear the Prophet of Parmesan's heart, muffled as it was by her heaving hernia inducing fun bags, screaming for Sylph to rejoice in the Goodness of Gouda. Between being absorbed by the amorphous blob called Kristin's busoms and choking on a ball of grease known as a BlamCo Taco, the Crimson Catastrophe came to a realization.

It was at that point, the point where one realizes that doom and death is upon them, that Sylph realized that perhaps she'd spent a bit too much time around her "Father" as one of the habits prevalent to him rose to the surface. The words non-consensual manual mastication rang loudly in her head, words that she would have never thought prior to their reunion. It was really quite irksome when she thought about it. The fact that she was still thinking rather than acting as she was being smothered by both cheese flavored grease and soft leather clad flesh pillows was uncharacteristic of the Crimson Menace. In the end, it was her own involuntary actions that kept her from dying as she swallowed the ball of ... whatever in the hell this was in her mouth.

A thing that Kristin perhaps failed to realize was that the sense of taste is 80% smell. That's why when you have a cold or flu, everything sort of tastes like crap. With her nose firmly embedded in the soft cushioned fun bags, her right nostril clogged by something that resembled a nipple, the flavor profile of the BlamCo Taco in Sylph's mouth was muddled and undefined. It could have tasted like the dairy gods had delivered a slice of Heaven all over the Red Menace's face or it could have simply tasted like Brahmin Road Apples.

Sensing that her victim had swallowed the cheesy filled delicacy, the top heavy paladin released the Blue Haired Blasphemer, allowing her to fall to the ground in supplication of the Divinity of what had just occurred.

In reality, Sylph was attempting to exhale all of the stale air in her lungs and inhale something that didn't smell like processed lactose and curds. As she lay there on all fours, her chest heaving from having been nearly smothered to death, the Blue Haired Menace to Society wondered how it was that her assailant stood up straight without falling over or snapping her spinal column with one false move.

The annoying anointer of aged cheddar stood there expectantly. Perhaps it was her time spent with Charlie but Sylph did something rather uncharacteristically juvenile. She horked up what had just been forced down her gullet.

"BAAAAAAAAAAARF!!"

It took a moment, but the Blue Haired Desecrator of Dairy finally stood up straight and regarded the Paladin of Pepper Jack, a finally characteristic wave of anger flashing in her eyes.

"Gross." Sylph muttered as she removed the gifted katana from her pack, the weapon still sheathed. Remembering the joviality of the woman and how akin she was to Sylph's other half, the Crimson Catastrophe's lips curled upwards into a semblance of a smile. With how similar the Dutchess of Dairy was to her other half, the Red Menace was going to enjoy removing this woman's head from her shoulders.

"Uh hem!" A loud voice uh hem'd from behind Sylph. Apparently the Non-Consensual Manual Mastication and potential for murder had drawn the attention of local law enforcement. Sylph straightened up, her stance relaxing as she did. It was alright though, there was a portion of Sylph that didn't mind not murdering the Dairy Queen.

"Was that piece of grease supposed to be food?" Disorderly Disaster asked nonchalantly, there was a slightly, potentially, possibly, improbably friendly sort of smirk on her face as she asked.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
Megaton - Moriarty's Saloon
The world is a vamp-You need an editor

This was familiar territory.

Not the scene, mind you. In all his life, this was the first time that Jonathan had ever beaten the ever-living shit out of a crimelord-

No, wait. scratch that one out.

But, he had never before sung while doing so. Or turned someone's head into paste. And continue stomping on that paste until it became pastier. He didn't think he'd be doing it again anytime soon, but it's not like his fucking life ever gave him a fucking break, now, fucking did it?

No, Jonathan had never been in a scene like this before. But, he had felt this suffocating emptiness before. It's not like he had any energy either, what little that was left being drowned in a blood red sea of negativity and aggravation because holy shit getting all that blood off was going to be a *****! And the stupid goddamn depression that fucking followed it. The poor, emotional shell of a man. What a fucking joke. And what did he gain from all this outburst of his? Absolutely fucking Nothing. Nothing changed, except maybe for the worse because beating the shit out of a shady criminal boss is a really good idea and everyone should try it out as stress relief.

Despite all my rage I'm still just a rat in a cage.

And, during this time of clairvoyant bitterness, of rampant loathing of everything that didn't have have at least 25% alcohol in it, walked Shifty. And what did this bright example of false calm and passive-aggressiveness have to say?

"That's enough"

Why, thanks, Captain Obvious. When did you figure that one out? Before or after Jon had turned Burge's face into a cake that had falled down a few hundred floors? Did the fact that he had already stopped before you decided to open your mouth like some holier-than-thou evangelist. Like you're any fucking better. Or was that little outburst of yours different? Fuck all different it was, Jon's was just more fucking intense. Because unlike you who spent his night blowing all his frustration on the face of the woman of your dreams, Jon was being collectively shat upon by literally everyone he had come across. For the past 40 years.

And what do I get? For my pain?

"Perhaps you should go find your companion. From what I saw, you'll need to get out of here sooner rather than later. Don't worry about Moriarty, though, I'll keep him busy."

Used and tossed fucking aside. What's wrong, Shifty, unnerved by what you just saw? Jonathan just stared for a few seconds like the passive spineless victim he is, before grabbing his backpack and hurrying to the door. What Moriarty told him had unnerved him more than that one time Burge promised he'd splatter his brains across the if he fucked up. Well, who fucked up now, you piece of shit? and he needed to make sure that Her Obliviousness the Princess Dodo-Head the Ill-In-The-Head was unharmed in her beauty sleep.

As he was about to leave, though, he turned and faced Shifty, in his eyes a mixture of defeat, guilt and sympathy.

"You're like I'm looking at myself 20 year ago," he stated, not in an aggravated tone, but one of sympathetic realisation, "You and I, we're in desperate need to cling onto hope, in some way. You have Lucy, while I..." he sighed, Boo hoo, drama queen. "Lucy is your salvation, McGee. But the more you cling onto her, the the more afraid you'll become of losing her. And that fear will drive you nuts. You tbink I didn't see your jealousy when I was talking about Lucy? Please. Get me as drunk as you want, the obvious remains obvious."

He shook his head, "Don't be like that, Shifty. Don't let fear and paranoia rule over you. All that will ever do is hurt the one you so desperately want to protect. Lucy loves you, loves you more than anything in the world. Don't drive her away like that. Don't... don't become me."

I'm pretty sure that 'Don't Become Jonathan Aristotle McKenna' is something everyone strives for.

Solemnly, he turned to the door again, ready to walk out, "What is lost can never be saved. Good luck, McGee. I hope the best for you both."

As if anyone would ever listen to you.

Megaton - Road to the Clinic
Life is Suffering But pretty funny as a spectator

Imagine, if you will, the following scene:

An old man, his clothes filled with blood, staring from outside the window a woman at least 20 years younger than him sleeping.

Isn't that fucking disgusting?

Sighing in relief and satisfying his stalker tendencies, Jonathan turned and started walking away. At the very least, she wasn't harmed.

That was the only positive thing about his situation. Other than than, it felt hopeless. He had 6 months to gather up allies, and then prepare for war. Working for the Enclave, no less. And after Lucy threw him away like used goods, it greatly hurt his perception and confidence. For you see, much like Jonathan would usually do, he would circle things around to make it so he was to blame. So, rather than be mad at Lucy for basically abandoning him because he's too much of a ***** to take care of himself, he shifted the blame to himself instead because, hey, you're already a sad piece of shit, might as well get sadder for no reason, right?

He strode down the road, drawing odd glares and stares from the early birds; It's not often that you see a man with blood splattered all over his clothes. But there was more, their glares spoke of contempt, even outright disgust. Was it the sight of blood that rilled them so, or something else entirely? Whatever the case, their accusitory stares felt like knives being plunged into his skin, and he buried his hat deep into his face, put on his sunglasses, and raised his scarf. It helped lessen their stares, this mask, but not neuter them completely. As he went on, he saw her. Lucy Black, laughing and smiling with some ghoul guy.

He felt he hit rock bottom, and it was only morning.

Megaton - Craterside Supply
No future for you!

Jonathan was greeted with a yelp of surprise as he entered, and he had to quickly raise his hands in surrender in order to not have his face blasted off by her bodyguard.

"Woah! Woah, there! Moira, it's me!" he he pulled his scarf down to reveal his blood-littered face, "It's me, Bob!"

"Bob? What happened to you? You look-"

"Like shit. I know. Rough night." his voice had barely any feeling to it, drained of all emotion save for a hint of disappointment.

He slouched his way forward, removing his hat out of courtesy, and made his way way to the counter, stopping halfway there to take a look at the mirror.

Dried blood littered most of his cheek, and his tired, half-closed eyes gave off a hope-deprived glare, his facial expression of a depressed, cynical man that was on the precipice of giving up

The future was grim.​

"You're here for the parts?"

He turned and nodded, making his way to the counter, putting his arms on it and slouching forward. He looked ready to collapse at any momemt.

"Bob... are you alright?" Moira said as she searched her shelves for the ordered replacements, "I've... heard things about you. People say you're Enclave."

The dagger that was plunged deep into his sides was, unfortunately, metaphorical, and Jonathan hung his head. Of course. That explained the glares. He once had a good standing with these people. He had helped them. But just one fucking rumour was enough to make people forget and act as though he murdered their family. Used and tossed aside.

"What... what do you think, Moira." he said emotionlessly, too tired and fed up to even try and debate.

"I... I think you're a good man, Bob." having found the parts, she returned to the counter, "Are you... going to be ok?"

He gave her a despodent glare. That question. There was something about that question that stirred something inside him.

"I... I am... I..." he stumbled for words, desperately searching for an answer himself, his eyes watering up, "I don't know!"

With that proclamation, he burried his head into his hands, crying dejected tears. It all looked so fucking grim! What was the point in trying? All that awaited him was further pain and misery. All because of his past that he just couldn't fucking run away from. He'd never run away from it. No one would let him get away with it. He didn't want much; a place to stay, enough to eat, the embrace of a woman that sincerely loved him...

All vain hopes. Even that little was too much for a man like him. He'd be hated and shunned everywhere he went. And he deserved it. All his work ever did was bring death and grief. It was only right that he was being paid back with the same coin.

"What's the point?" he shook his head, "What's the fucking point?"

Megaton - Clinic (Revisited)
And the storm rageth on

Despite his outburst, he didn't feel any better. But he did feel a certain degree of gratefulness; Moira, witnessing his breakdown, decided to give the replacement parts free-of-charge, saying that he obviously needed the caps more than he did and that it was ok because she had gotten herself a new lab, whatever that meant.

He had greater things to worry about, and it showed from the urgency of his footsteps. The air grew ever more electrified the more people were out on the streets, and he felt that soon enough the most bloodthirsty of them would start a pogrom against him. This called for a change of plans. He would go and awaken Kristin and leave this blasted town behind. Much as he regretted having awaken the Princess after all she'd been through because of him, he found the possibility of having to fight their way out through mobs of high-and-mighty ignorant waste-dwelling savages even worse. He made a mental note to ask for forgiveness later, and that he would spend an entire night's worth of standing watch for her to sleep as peacefully as possible.

Once again, he took a look into the clinic, but rather than feeling his chest loosen in relief it tightened in fear. She wasn't there. Kristin wasn't in the clinic.

His heart pumped as though ready to burst, and he started panicking. Was he too late? Had had her association with him made those buffoons mistaken her for an Enclave sympathiser? Moriarty. He was to blame for this. he told him he would have her hurt if he didn't cooperate. Confound it all! He should have killed the bastard when he had the chance! And Kristin was paying the price for his stupidity!

Adrenaline started running down his system, and he used his new-found energy to sprint towards the saloon. He cared not if a trap awaited him, for if Moriarty had touched even a single one of her silver-turned-golden hair, then by the Dairy, they'd have to spend weeks finding all his pieces. Laser pistol in hand, he kicked the door open, ready to shoot.

...But rather than an army of goons awaiting him, he was greeted with the puzzled stares of the saloon's two current occupants; the ghould who may have been female, and Lucy Black.

"Lucy!" he exclammed panting, ignoring the fact that to her he probably looked like he had crawled out of some gory battlefield, or that it was the first time she saw of him since last night, "Have you... have you seen Kristin?!"

Generic NPC 22

The Most Generic of NPCs
Jul 12, 2012
The Wild Wastelands | The Distant Past
Like 19 years ago or so... you do the math
Post Collaboration with [user]Neuromancer[/user]

The screams of the dying and wounded filled Charlotte's ears. She tasted blood in her mouth and when she touched her cheek, she found that something had created a rather large gash. Fire and the sound of fighting surrounded her and strangely enough, the ephemeral tone of an axe cutting through the helmet of a Raider, his screams cut short by the destruction of his brain stem.

The smoke cleared for the briefest of moments to reveal a ghoul, his long black hair matted in blood that was not his own but rather it belonged to the formerly living Raider whose skull Eddie was removing his axe from.

"E...Eddie? Why's my dad? Have you seen him?" Charlotte Sorrowfeld asked as she picked herself up from the burning remnants of what used to be a sort of Wasteland Wagon. Charlotte, in her 12 year old wisdom looked about for a weapon. Even at that age she knew that without one, she might as well have been dead.

Shotgun. Right. Perfect weapon for a kid that was built like a flagpole. She grabbed it anyways.

With his axe-guitar sitting on his shoulder, Eddie the Dead surveyed the smoke, ashes and blood around him. Things had definitely taken a turn to the interesting. Indeed, he was feeling rather lucky that this otherwise dull mercenary job had taken such a bloodthirsty turn.

He heard his name, and his grin turned cheeky.

"Eager, young, Charlotte," he called, amused, "Good to see your head and nethers are still intact!"

He walked up to her and took the shotgun from her hands, "Yer a bit too young to be using that, though. Fun though it'd be to see you pushed back like a rag doll, I don't think that would do good for my paycheck."

He took a better look at the shotgun. It looked to be in a good enough condition, and his last one was broken. "This could work..." he mused.

A raider rushed from behind Charlotte, ripper in hand, ready to tear the child apart. Without the hint of hurry or care, Eddie pointed the shotgun at him and shot, blowing his face and splattering blood all over the young girl's head and body. This worked, alright!

"Lookin' fer yer da?" he exclaimed amused, "Well, if wanna shoot people grab a pistol or somethin and let's go dad huntin'!"

The younger less bloody thirsty version of her future self appeared to be frozen, catatonic even. Being covered in blood and brain matter not to mention the remnants of someone's face usually did that to you if you weren't ready for it. It took a few repeated attempts and the placement of a weapon in Charlotte's hands to break her out of her stupor.

It was a knife. A simple combat knife with a serrated edge. The blade was carbon black and was already covered with blood. It was the type of weapon that was as quiet as it was painful. At the suggsestion of Daddy Hunting, Charlotte's mind thought that someoe had already beat them to this. It was strange though, that the raiders would strike out in the middle of no where. The route was typically patrolled by the Regulators looking to score a finger or two. In all her time traveling with her dad, she'd never even seen a Raider, let alone been attacked by a group of them,

"Alright." Charlotte said as she followed Dead through the smoke.

Eddie took a deep breath, his nostrils filling with the stench of blood and smoke. Most mercs would curse at the situation he was in. But not him. This was Luck smiling down on him. He had been growing bored of endlessly walking around on barren soil looking at endless swathes of even more barren soil, without anything exciting or at least interesting happening. He was even considering ditching the job, as he wasn't exactly running out of caps, but then the raiders hit and made his night.

"That knife ain't gonna help you much if yer alone with one of 'em fellas, but it's better than nothin'." he said as he studied the young Charlotte, who seemed to had finally snapped out of her trance. Kids these days. "Just stick behind me and ye'll be fine. I've faced packs of starvin' wild dogs more fearsome that these wimps."

As he said that, another raider, small in frame and slimmer than healthy, rushed him from behind. They never learn, do they? With a backhanded, circular one-handed swing, Eddie chopped off the raider's hand and landed the axehead on his side, effortlessly cutting through his leather armour and cleaving him in half. The raider's upper body circulated in the air, splattering blood everywhere, before landing on the ground, lifeless.

"See? What'd I tell ya?" he grinned again, throwing a glance at Charlotte, "S'all gonna be juuuust fine." he said, and started walking forward.

It was no wonder that the carrion birds were circling over head. With as much blood as the Ghoul Merc had been chumming through the air, Charlotte was surprised that Eddie hadn't attracted an oceanic shark, not to be confused with the land bound variety. She had just managed to calm her queezy nerves when Mister the Dead had split the Raider's torso in two, a lazy loop of intestines uncurling as the Raider, still alive, flailed against the empty air, unable to control his body. The man screamed, his lungs still intact even though his legs weren't. He was as good as dead but that didn't mean that his screams weren't going to draw the attention of his friends. The young Charlotte pounced, her hand slashing downward at the Raider's exposed neck. Her only thought was to get him to stop screaming.

Her vision cleared after a moment, the realization that the Raider had stopped screaming dawned upon her a few seconds later as did the fact that her hand was in a tremendous amount of pain. Looking down, she saw that she was bleeding. Her palm was a network of cuts caused by her own knife slipping in her grip and cutting her even as she stabbed the Raider. The only thing that kept her from screaming in pain was the amount of adrenaline that was in her body, locking away the pain until it was safe for her to register it. Despite this, there was a certain amount of satisfaction derived from the knowledge that this Raider would never pick on another Caravan.

She regarded the Ghoul for a minute before looking at the silhouettes of the Raiders forming up behind him.

"Well now laddies. Looka what we got here." The Lead Raider hissed happily as he spotted young Charlotte, "You, Ghoul. Give us the girl and we'll let you go."

Charlotte held the knife in front of her, not knowing what Eddie would do.

Eddie stared at the leader with a bemused smile. How kind of him to give him a choice! He started counting heads. Sixteen- no, seventeen heads, including the leader. Eighteen, if you include the head the leader dude was holding, blood dripping down to the ground. A familiar face. Charles Sorrowfield. Never seen him so shocked before. Funny the faces people make post-death.

He turned to take a look at Charlotte. Aww, look at her, cut herself with the knife. A little early to be going through that phase, isn't it? Holstering the shotgun, he got in a playing position and walked towards the child.

Effortlessly dodging her attempt at stabbing him, he lightly knee'd her in the stomach

*REEEOOOOOW*

She fell to the ground face-down, he rolled her over-

*REEEOOOOOW*

and stomped on her chest.

*REEEOOOOOW*

"Come and take her, then!"

"Don't mind me, I just feel like playing some fitting music for the occasion."

With a head notion, the leader ordered three of his men to approach. They did so rather slowly, not that Eddie complained; he had time to examine what they were equipped with: Eleven of them, including the three that were approaching, were equipped for close combat: rippers, pipes, crowbars, a large guy with a makeshift axe... Nothing to worry about. He's faced larger numbers in the past and got through fine.

The ranged boyz were gonna be a problem, though. Most of them were equipped with small firearms, 9mm pistols and a sub-machine gun, a dude with a flamer, and most importantly, a grenade launcher. That one would need to be taken care of ASAP. The head dog himself had an assault rifle, and from the way he was holding it, it looked like he knew how to use it.

Not all seemed so bad, though. Plenty of cover from ruined caravans and dead brahmin lay around. Not to mention how poor vision was, what with it being night and all the smoke, and his wearing black. With a little luck, he'd pull this through.

By the time that the three stooges got to him, sparks had already started coming off the electrified spearhead. Good, the guitar had charged in time. He waited until the got just a little bit closer, and...

With the push of a button, searing flames spew forth from the head of the guitar, swallowing the three soon-to-be-crispy-black raiders, giving him time to grab the young Charlotte, place her on his shoulder, and run for cover, narrowly avoiding shots from behind. He made it behind a dead brahmin, its stomach torn open, its intestines sticking out. Placing Charlotte inside it, he did a "shhh" notion with a grin and run. Oh, he had their attention now. Before he could deal with the close-combatants, though, he would need to deal with the shooters. There were only so many bullets one could eat before biting the dust, after all, even if that someone happened to be Eddie "I eat bullets for breakfast without milk" the Dead. He knew how to go about it, though. He was already rather camouflaged thanks to all the smoke and darkness (which proved the point that black is both stylish and practical), so he'd decided to make it 'round the caravan wrecks and dead animals and hit them from behind.

That would require him to hurry, though, considering nine very angry dudes wanted to stab and slash and swing at him. People these days, so bloodthirsty! As he run through the dense smoke under the cover of the wreckage, evading his new friends, he saw a familiar body.

Charles Sorrowfield. He looked rather good, if one was to ignore the lack of a head, numerous stab wounds and his intestines sticking out like spaghetti. Mmm, spaghetti. How many years had passed since he had eaten some?

He checked the dead man's pockets, finding a purse full of caps. Looks like he was getting paid after all. What for, though? He hadn't done the best job as a bodyguard -and who can blame him? There's only so many raiders he can take down with a single swing-, so, he decided, he'd be a hitman.

Loading a Dragon's Breath shell into the shotgun, Eddie moved in the shadows, staying out of sight until he got himself behind the ranged goons. Having lost sight of him, the legionnaires spread out, while the ranger-wannabees clustered 'round their boss. Didn't anyone teach them that having a flamer nearby is a bad idea?

"It brings me great pleasure to say my next job is you!" he yelled, and pulled the trigger.

*BOOM*

The flamer guy exploded to a million small, slightly burned pieces of flesh, the explosion taking down all of his trigger happy friends and knocking their glorious leader back like an enraged little girl tossing her doll across the room. No better way to start a concert with a bang and some pyrotechnics. Dropping the shotgun, Eddie grabbed his axe-guitar with both hands. The explosion worked as a signal for the other raiders to run back, and soon enough, one after the other started appearing, each one rushing him on their own.

"You guys never learn!" he laughed as his first victim run towards him, ripper in hand, "Don't you know that killing is my business..."

With his superior reach, he plunged the axe deep into the shoulder and kicked the dying raider to the ground, "...and business is good."

"Killing is my business..." he continued as the next one came. Eddie aimed for the legs, dismembering him, before splattering his brains on the ground with a mighty stomp, "...and business is good!"

"Killing is my business..." the next one had a crowbar. Hah! Grabbing it mid-swing, he headbutted the guy to wrestle it free, before plunging it deep into his eye socket and swinging it off, tearing his face out, "...and business is good."

"Killing is my business..." next came the pipe guy. Eddie took the blow to the side, grabbed his arm, kicked him in the nuts, dropped him to the ground and mashed his face with the butt of the guitar, "...and business is good!"

"Killing is my business..." the next one's head was crashed with the back of the guitar falling like a sledgehammer, "...and business is good."

"Killing is my business..." another ripper man followed, only to have his hand cut off, followed by a decapitation as he fell to his knees, "...and business is good!"

"Killing is my business..." the axe was plunged deep into the man's shoulder, cleaving him in half in a horizontal slash, "...and business is good."

"Killing is my business..." he avoided the large dude's axe vertical swing and horizontal slash, raising his guitar-axe high in response and swinging down a mighty blow. The goon's attempt to guard with the axe's handle failed miserably, breaking through the axe, splitting the head in two way down the torso, "...and business is gooooood!"

"You better believe it!" He laughed, as he kicked V-shaped corpse to the ground, freeing his guitar. Oh, this had been a fun night, alright. It would be a ***** to remove all that blood and gore from the guitar, true, but this was the most fun he'd had in the past 15 years.

Except, it seemed the night wasn't quite over yet. He heard pained groans in the distance, and indeed, guess who was unlucky enough to survive!

"You're... you're a monster!" the injured raid leader guy exclaimed in terror, his hands burried in his stomach. A slow death, that one.

"I'm not a monster," Eddie mused as he pinned his guitar on its strap, freeing his hands, "I'm just the kinda guy looking for quick, cheap thrills," he grabbed Charles' head, "Thanks for delivering, by the way," and grabbed the leader man by the jacket, dragging him along, "Lemme repay you in kind."

[hr]

"Bloody, young, Charlotte!" he jollied as he returned to the brahmin, happy to see his young protégé was either smart or broken enough to heed his advice and stay hidden, "Good job! You survived!"

"I got you a present!" he tossed the man forward and and lay the head down, approaching Charlotte and patting her forward and leaning closer to her ear.

"Ya see, this slowly dying son of a ***** right here is the leader of the merry circus that attacked us. Oh, and he's also responsible for the death of your dad -My condolences, by the way- so I though that you should do the honours." He placed the combat knife he had picked up on his way back in her hands, and prodded her towards, moving before the raider and stomping on his torso.

"I'll make sure he doesn't try anything." He let off his charismatic, cheeky grin, "Go nuts."

Looking at the knife in her hand, Charlotte nodded grimly at Eddie before she walked towards the Raider Leader, his eyes wide in terror at the little child, the knowledge that karmic justice was well is on its way in the form of a slip of a girl. Stepping on the man's hand, the future Enclave torturer steeled herself for a moment before cutting off the man's finger, allowing it to roll away, the finger still twitching as the nerves in the finger went haywire. This was the only beginning, however. There would be more to come, that finger was the promise of more pain.

[hr]

Eddie was left rather impressed with the imagination this twelve-year-old packed. He could totally see her taking up a carrier in torture and interrogation in the future.

Provided she survived her trip.

For all intents and purposes, Eddie was fulfilled his contractual obligations and received payment for services rendered, even if there was a shift in objectives towards the end. Bottom line, he owed the kid nothing. He had already shown how greatly magnanimous he was by saving her ass -literally- from their pleasant company and granting her the chance to satisfy her vengeance. Oh yes, he had done enough indeed.

And so, he waved her goodbye and walked away, "Good luck to you, murderous, young, Charlotte! I look forward to seeing you in twenty years or so, provided you make it that far!" he turned to face her and pointed as he walked on, backwards, "Oh yes, I look forward to seeing the kinda lady you turn out to be. Hell, we might even have some fun if I like you well enough."

"Until we meet again," he bowed, and turned back on course, "Keep on rocking!"

Standing in the middle of the wreckage, Charlotte watched as the ghoul disappeared beyond the horizon, never seeing the Raider behind her...

[hr]

The Wild Wastelands | The Enclave Vault
A Conversation between two willing and consenting adults

An alarms sounded, waking Enclave Intelligence Officer #411. Her sheets were soaked in sweat. Her chest heaved as she tried to catch her breathe. Looking about, her eyes wild, she realized where she was... home, safe, secure. She relaxed for a moment until she realized that she was late for her meeting with #46. Getting out of bed, Charlotte let the cool air wash over her body before she headed to the shower.

~~~~~~~~~~30 minutes later~~~~~~~~~~​

Enclave Intelligence Officer #411 strode through the corridors of the Enclave Vault, rather smug about her latest recruit into the ranks of the Enclave. He was a wad of unmolded clay at the moment but in time, he might be a strong addition to the organization, one that might get her noticed by FalloutJack ~Swoon~. There was no time to gloat however as she was nearing her destination, the quarters of the Enclave Head of Medical Operations #46. As #411's superior officer, #46 demanded the strictest of obedience. From what the Intelligence Officer gathered, she was from the old guard, a survivor of Raven Rock. Those folk were a different breed of Enclave, different from FalloutJack's Enclave. Enclave Intelligence Officer #411 would not only have to be on her best behavior but on her toes. It was all rather exciting to the woman who was usually relegated to observations.

Reaching the Wing that housed the officer's quarters, #411 quickly located the door to #46's quarters and knocked, waiting the requisite amount of time before opening the door and entering. Surprisingly, the quarters looked more like a home than #411's quarters. Standing at what passed for the foyer, the Intelligence Officer waited to be greeted by her host.

A door at the end of the hallway opened, and from it emerged #46, hands behind her back. Even after the day was done, she wore her black uniform, which complemented well her gray-blue eyes and her braided hair, jet black save for a streak of white showing her age. Even so, she looked far from old; one could easily mistake her for a woman in her mid-thirties, but much, much more mature in her presence, as though ageless.

"#411." She stated as she gave the Intelligence Officer a cold, calculating look, fixing her glasses. "Forgive me for not welcoming you at the door, I was putting my daughter to sleep." her tone was polite, yet distant, and gave the air that she was saying that out of politeness rather than actual care.

"But you are not here for casual talk." she motioned #411 to follow her, "Come, we shall discuss things in my quarters."

As they passed the living room and headed into #46's bedroom, #411 would notice an odd contradiction about the decoration; everything was neat and orderly, as though no one had ever lived in here, yet at the same time, the placements of the furniture and decorations (some of which were distinctively old world) gave the rooms a certain personalised character.

Same applied for the bedroom itself, but it was also spacious enough to have a desk and shelves, which seemed to fit #46, considering how professional and goal oriented she seemed to be even in her personal life.

She motioned #411 to sit on the chair opposite of the desk, and searched her shelves, finding a folder. Sitting down, she slided the folder towards her guest, and clasped her hands.

"I took the time to check after you left for your interrogation. The record kept by the archives offers personal information, but is otherwise incomplete. The one I have handed to you covers almost everything except for information deemed classified at the time."

The Enclave Intelligence Officer looked at the file curiously for a moment and noted the picture that had been pinned to the file's front page. She'd recognize the face anywhere, even if it was an image that had been taken years ago. It was the face of the man that was responsible for the bruises that she'd suffered while out in the field. It was the face of the man that was to be responsible for creating weapons for the Sylphy army that was to be at Constance's command. She looked over the file for a moment and noted the fact that it noted that it was married.

"Interesting." #411 muttered as she remembered the Blamco Bimbo and how chummy those two appeared. It appeared that Jonathan had found a replacement for the former Mrs. McKenna. As the Medical Officer stated, there was a number of pieces information that had been redacted or omitted from the report. It was a rather old file that recorded the events of his life up until his departure from the Old Guard Enclave.

There was a question that remained however. Why was Enclave Chief Medical Officer #46 showing her this and how did she have access to it. Due to the compartmentalization of the various departments, there were things that even #46 had less access to than #411. Based off of the information on the file, it was obviously dated and had been acquired by the woman prior to the fall of Raven Rock. Still why would she carry it unless...

"You're the wife listed in the file." #411 said aloud before looking up at the woman seated across from her, "May I inquire as to the purpose of your sharing this information? It's obvious that you don't want him back, lest you'd be out there with him. That doesn't leave a lot of motive, unless you're looking for someone to kill him."

The last line was made in jest, something that #411 wasn't accustomed to doing and was trying it on for size. She had been in a rather pleasant mood, especially since she'd scheduled a torture tactics later that day. The unfortunate volunteer to be the course's instruction dummy was her former second in command.

"What I want is irrelevant." Emily merely stated, her facial expression and voice unchanging, "I do not do this out of personal vendetta. There is a reason you seek to find McKenna again. Either he is a threat to be put down or you seek him to recruit him back. Whatever the case, the sooner your job is done the better. And so, as is my duty, I give what help I can offer."

Enclave Intelligence Officer #411 paused. It was a very rare case that Enclave Personnel spoke their mind so openly, especially around this particular Intelligence Officer. When she spoke, she spoke carefully. She didn't know this woman and she didn't know what her goals were. Considering she was part of the Old Guard, #411 had to at least consider that she was being genuine, a quality that was quite lacking in this day and age within the Enclave.

"Yes. There is a reason why I'm looking for him. He's assisting me in a matter that concerns the Enclave, though he's not doing so willingly. However, despite the leverage I hold over him, he remains blantantly obtuse about his situation and rebelious in the matter. I would hope to have your assistance in correcting this. You know him best."

#46 hang back in her chair, sighing deeply, before fixing her glasses and answering, "If it's to reign him in that you seek, then you are in for disappointment. Men like Jonathan cannot be molded into shape, only kept in check. His father learned that the hard way." despite her cold and unapproachable appearance, #46's eyes spoke of disgust. "The one thing you need to know about him, is that he's only in it for himself. He blatantly disregards everyone and everything else, and will happily use and discard them when no longer needed."

That didn't seem like the Jonathan that she'd met in the Outskirts of Megaton. Was his care for the Blamco girl a ruse to throw #411 off of his trail? After witnessing the display of sacrifice that the Undertaker had underwent for Lucy Black, Enclave Intelligence Officer #411 thought that perhaps there was a change on the horizon where the denizens of the Wasteland were starting to care for more than their own hides. If Jonathan was going to discard Kristin Blamco in the long run, perhaps he wasn't as useful as he appeared to be on the surface. The Enclave had plenty of weapons designers and with the retooling of the army to a more defensive role, #411 didn't have to hide the existence of the army. She needed to be sure however.

Looking around the room, #411 noticed the room that the Medical Head had exited, noting the childish furnishings within. The Intelligence Officer doubted that #46 was the type to indulge in childhood nostalgia.

"I have a daughter of my own. How old is your child?" #411 asked nonchalantly.

"I fail to see how this has anything to do with Jonathan," there was a hint of reluctance in her voice, "But she is nearing ten, in two months. Don't take this the wrong way, #411, but I prefer to keep my personal life separate from work. And this is work."

Enclave Intelligence Officer #411 did not stop, nor even hesitate at the request of #46. Though it was only because the woman before her outranked her, her she did not voice her thoughts. Now that she had been granted a higher level of access, she'd read not only Jonathan's old Enclave Personnel file but she'd read #46's as well. There had been mention of a child in the past, though it had never been carried to term. There had never been mention of #46 becoming close with any other of the Enclave Personnel. With the research that the woman had been conducting, #411 surmised that this child that #46 was protecting was the same offspring that was mentioned in the file.

"I didn't mean any disrespect, ma'am." #411 acquiesced, raising her hands in mock surrender, "However, as unprofessional sounding as it may be, might I ask what drew you to this particular man?"

"I... knew him since we were children. We basically grew up together, even if his father's studies gave him little time to pass time with others. We grew close, especially after his father's execution. My family and I helped him fight off the stigma of having his father branded as a traitor, helped him rise the ranks again. Eventually, we married."

Despite her attempt to hide it, #46's remorse over the mention of the marriage spoke well of how she looked at it in hindsight. "The Jonathan I fell for was a kind, highly intelligent man, always considerate." A semblance of a smirk appeared and vanished in the blink of an eye, "All a lie. He used me and my family as a stepping stone, and discarded me when I was no longer useful."

She gave #411 a cold glare, "Let this be warning to you. Jonathan is likely one of the most intelligent people in the wastes, and probably the greatest weapon designer we've had since the destruction of the Oil Rig. But he never believed in the cause."

It was slightly treacherous, this territory that #411 was stepping in. The woman's judgement might have been clouded by the slight that she'd received at the hands of Jonathan. Still there was one thing that they could agree upon. Jonathan didn't believe in the cause... but just because one didn't believe, it didn't mean that they weren't useful. Weapons was what #411 needed. Weapons that could protect the Wasteland from what was coming. She would never mention this thought to #46 though. Let the woman think what she wanted to think about McKenna.

It was time to leave. #411 was on a tight schedule and this talk with #46 had put her behind a little but it appeared to be worth it. Perhaps #411 had discovered something worth the time she'd invested. Still, it didn't hurt to ingratiate herself with #46.

"Once I'm done with him. Is there anything that you'd like to happen?" #411 asked as she stood up to take her leave.

"As I said, what happens to him is no concern to me." she said dismissively, "The Enclave is the only hope this Wasteland has, and its members can't let emotions run wild and potentially endanger it. Do with him as you will, what matters is that he does not endanger us in any way."

Getting up, #46 escorted #411 to the door, where she motioned her to wait,

"Though, I would like to be kept up to date with his activity. As you said, I know him best. I wish to act as a sort of consultant."

Enclave Intelligence Officer #411 nodded briefly before leaving. She would keep the Medical Head informed of most things. Not everything but most things.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
??? - Secret BlamCo Research & Development Department (Several years ago)
"The origins of a certain sword..."

Olivia Blamco, designated sniper of the BlamCo hunting clan, had decided to surprise one of her sisters with a flask of coffee.

"So, 'Shieldmaiden', why aren't we just giving Kristin a super sledge instead? This seems a little excessive -- even for us."

The room was occupied with workbenches, whiteboards, half-finished diagrams and a small desk that was pushed into the corner. The desk itself was occupied with a pile of dog-eared pages of various textbooks, blueprints, crude notes and evaluation sheets from the BlamCo labs. A groan from overexertion could be heard from a nearby workbench. It appears that the BlamCo Defender was attempting and failing to effectively lift and swing a familiar heavy blade.

"Oh she will love this -- ", Shieldmaiden remarked to herself.

Affectionately nicknamed 'Shieldmaiden', this particular Blamco sister was responsible for equipment maintenance/team strategies & evaluation. Goal-orientated, cynical and ruthless. The Shieldmaiden was the black sheep of the family. In combat, she was one of the three designated team leaders, right next to the the Valkyrie herself: Kristin Blamco.
In combat, the most daring of the sisters followed the Valkyrie. While the most cunning of sisters followed the Shieldmaiden.

Groaning aloud once more, an annoyed glance was shot at Olivia. "She is the greatest melee fighter in our ranks. You can safely hide behind the scope of a rifle. Your area of focus is oversaturated by so-called 'snipers'. That makes you easily replaceable. So no --- don't even begin to inquire about an upgrade to your loadout."

Damn it. She had seen straight through her.

By nature, Olivia was calm & collected, but the Shieldmaiden and her know-it-all attitude had touched a nerve. Exhaling and taking the high-ground, the flask of coffee was set down on a nearby table.

"Oh come on, everyone is giddy to try out the new equipment we received from the Gun Runners."

Shieldmaiden poured herself a cup of coffee while her sister made a plea.

"No.", she stated flatly. "We provide food, we receive weapons, we use our funding from the family business to fund our BlamCo Weapons R & D department. We cannot afford to frivolously waste our resources for the sake of your curiosity."

Olivia resigned herself to the fact that only one Battle Sister would be receiving a new weapon loadout. "Fine, whatever, I'm over it. You never answered my question though. Kristin hasn't joined the hunting clans lately. She switched from sledgehammer to bumper sword after her first mutant kill --- am I missing something here?"

The Shieldmaiden managed to frown even more after hearing that. Olivia was presented with schematics for an existing weapon and a working prototype. Pouring over the details, her eyes darted between both diagrams, trying to make sense of the terminology.

"Let me get this straight --- this is a sword variant of the Super Sledge? A Super Sword?!"

Shieldmaiden rolled her eyes. "No. That would be a silly name. Essentially yes --- the protective casing is shaped to look like the exterior of a bumper sword. The micro but less effective kinetic storage devices are shaped along the blade. We had to sacrifice the keen edge for a thicker blade, hence the bulkiness, alternatively it is an excellent crushing weapon."

Olivia whistled in awe.

"Our Dear Princess won't know the difference, will she?"

For the first time, Shieldmaiden smiled.

"Not at all. And that is how it will stay."

[hr]

Lucy Black - Megaton
'Grim'

"The fuck happened in here?!" Arizona's shouting echoed through the eerily quiet establishment. While Lucy was inspecting one of her laser pistols at the time, her eye widened in shock when the natural sunlight from the open Saloon door had revealed a gruesome scene. Tensing up, Lucy stepped inside and stoically stood alongside Arizona, her blood was running cold and she found herself listening for any signs of imminent threats. A dull and repetitive thud featured prominently amongst the uneasy ambience.

Lucy had no love for Moriarty's Saloon. Then again, she was beginning to realise that after the cavalier sale of her childhood home, she really did not place much faith or value in people, objects, places and even her own body. There were a few exceptions of course. This was the final product of a woman that would maim herself or burn bridges to gain the most inconsequential amount of leverage over a perceived enemy. Even her perceived friends weren't entirely safe. Individuals like Vikki & Frank --- her first companions on her journey --- compartmentalised and pushed out of her mind. They served no further purpose, her quest had long since ended. In addition to her Enclave thorns, she had grown callous. Callous. Despite being reunited with her blue-haired sister and the only man that she would consider loving.

Excitement and happiness truly were fleeting emotions. So potent in their presence, but so fragile to the influences of the world.

Throughout her own coping process, Lucy had quietly shut the door behind her and continued to remain oddly distant as she kneeled down next to the desecrated corpse. It was a disgusting sight that made her very stomach churn. Yet she forced herself to look until her vision had blurred over, much like one would do when deciphering those optical illusion imagery.

Happiness & excitement were dangerous emotions, there was no way around that.

"Hey, lemme know if you see Moriarty coming, alright? I have to grab a few things."

Her head snapped to the sound of Arizona's voice. Her reaction time was back to normal, which meant that the overdose of Med-X had worked its way through her system completely. Maybe that explained the current mood whiplash, among other things wrong with her perception and thought process from the previous day.

"Sure.", Lucy responded flatly. "We have about a few minutes at most before Megaton security checks this place out. And we need to find Shifty & Sylph."

Stealing? You did what you had to do in order to survive. You wouldn't find a moral high-horse here, she had done worse for no monetary incentive anyway.

Loading each laser pistol with a fresh energy cell, Lucy walked over to the entrance. She intended to seal it shut by melting the metal to the doorframe with a few carefully aimed bursts. Pausing before she could continue, Lucy turned to Arizona, "You might want to check upstai --- !?!"

The door to Moriarty's Saloon suddenly burst open, inches from Lucy, but both the newcomer and the eyepatch girl were treated to a hastily pointed laser pistol to their faces.

A figure taller than her was angrily pointing a laser pistol at her. With his clothes, skin and even hair caked in blood. Lucy adjusted the grip on her pistol, staring intently while searching for the person's eyes. Was this a survivor --- or was he --- ?

"Lucy!" the familiar voice exclaimed, chest heaving in between frequent panting, "Have you... have you seen Kristin?!"

It was Jonathan! And he was in quite possibly the worst state in which she had ever seen him.
Her eye widened in disbelief at what she was both hearing and seeing.

"What? Kristin? --- No.", Lucy brought a palm to her forehead while she tried to remember. "No --- not since last night, I think? In the bed -- but she can't be blonde.", she was getting frustrated. Grabbing the doorframe and pulling it closer to her to shield the view from any passerby. "Look, Med-X fucks with me in a really bad way. I could barely walk, let alone make sense of where people were. I thought you were downstairs, but you were up - and --- shit! Just hold on --- "

She had to act fast. "Arizona!", Lucy tossed her secondary laser pistol over to Arizona behind the bar. "Seal this door from the inside. There's an exit in the back. I'll take care of the front and we'll meet up soon."

(It's a small town, I'll find you."), Lucy thought to herself. Walking out and shutting the door behind her, Lucy leaned in the doorway and moved her pistol behind her back. Refocusing on Jonathan, he looked like hell and that was putting it lightly. Despite not being his biggest fan right now, the hunting rifle she had given him was slung across his back. It gave her a moment to look past his appearance...

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?", Lucy asking warily, unconsciously taking a slight step back from him.

[hr]

Kristin Blamco - Megaton
'Challenge'

Despite being against the Cream Creed, a measure of pity could be taken upon the unfortunate souls cursed with irritable bowels & terrible sinuses. Aside from their disgusting lack of dignity and pride, these were sure fire methods to identifying a lactose intolerant -- an abomination. Sometimes they wore face-concealing helmets to hide their shame. In other cases, their own bodies would reject their unholy skin. Rightfully so!

*"BAAAAAAAAAAARF!!"*

Yet sometimes, just sometimes, you would find the rare individual that defied all rules. Those that rejected Dairy of their own accord. Ungrateful Bottom-feeding Sinner was too polite of a term. Nay, these were the true heathens of Dairy Lore:

Vegans

Gripping the handle of her Blessed Blade, Kristin BlamCo uprooted divine justice itself and held the blade low to the ground. She would launch this ancient godless warrior into the stratosphere with a single swing. Following suit, the Flat Chested Fake Human brought forth an opposing weapon of its own.

There was one thing that these agents of light and dark had in common: a ceaseless smile.

"N'awww, have I upset your weak-willed waste of a stomach, pathetic Vegan? HA!"

A loud voice interrupted from behind the pint-sized vessel of pity. Apparently it was one of Megaton's patrolling. He continued to stare at Kristin, to which she replied by turning her unsettlingly gleeful grin on him, cautiously he pulled out a baton. Apparently not very confident when he did a quick back and forth between their respective weapons.

"Fret not!", Kristin bellowed with a short burst of laughter that bordered on maniacal. "I have no intention of letting Divinity itself touch the impurity of a spineless Vegan."

True to her word, the blade was sent plunging into the ground once more. The guard, feeling a little overwhelmed by the Vegan's exotic weaponry and the Dairy Princess' disposition, went along his way and left the two alone once more.

"Was that piece of grease supposed to be food?" The thing decided to try its hand at insulting her fine culinary skills and by extension, she was insulting the moon.

"To a Godless Heathen such as yourself? No, that was not meant to be food. For the likes of you who do not deserve a single delicacy --- I cannot idly stand by and let you walk away unscathed, Warrior of the Rice Milk!"

With sunlight refracting off of her armor, the Divine Dairy Warrior dug her heels into the ground and raised her fists.

"A single sparring session! You have chosen to spit on my very honor, filthy Vegan, so I will claim what little power you have and make it my own. Be grateful, ordinarily I would grant you the blessing of death."

She yearned for combat.

Despite her snacks.
Kristin still hasn't had enough to fulfill the requirements of a full meal for the day.

Texas Joker 52

Jun 25, 2011
Arizona

The Wild Wastelands | The Road to Dunwich | Moriarty's Saloon

"Give as good as you get, take as much as you can. All the time."

As the Old Ghoul wrenched open the cash register and carelessly dumped the tray of caps into her pack, Lucy seemed to snap back to the present. Arizona wasn't entirely sure what was running through the girls head, but the expression on her face had been distant, so maybe it was best she didn't know. She had been told that she had had a similar expression whenever she committed one of the many atrocities as a Raider.

"Sure. We have about a few minutes at most before Megaton security checks this place out. And we need to find Shifty & Sylph."

"Agreed. Once we grab 'em, we can get the fuck outta Megaton. Sylph already left her fair share of corpses, and I don't want to be caught by the local law." Arizona called back with a soft chuckle.

Even as Lucy turned and started to suggest she check upstairs, the front door had been kicked open by one of the most bloodied men Arizona had seen in recent memory, and both aimed Laser Pistols at one another. And with her own reflexes having been honed raw by centuries of survival, the Ghoul had Lester resting on the bar, leveled at the newcomer.

"Lucy! Have you... have you seen Kristin?!"

He was a friend of Lucy's, it seemed. And, looking between him and the carnage both Lucy and herself walked in on, it was pretty clear he was at least partially responsible for it. It took her another moment to realize that he was also the one whose head Sylphee had used like a drum.

"Arizona!"

She her attention was brought back to the task at hand as Lucy tossed her other Laser Pistol to her, and she caught it deftly with her weak hand.

"Seal this door from the inside. There's an exit in the back. I'll take care of the front and we'll meet up soon."

"Got it. Don't get yourself killed, you hear?" she replied, stuffing the last of the bottles of Scotch she deemed were safe into her pack.

While the two strode outside, Arizona slid over the bar with her pack slung over one shoulder and the Laser Pistol in hand. When she got to the door, she stepped back and took careful aim at the doorknob. After three good blasts, the lock and doorknob ended up as nothing more than red-hot molten metal.

With a satisfied nod, she tucked the pistol into her pack, and immediately made her way out the back. But as soon as she was out, she had to blink at who she had nearly run headlong into.

"Thomas? The hell are you doing?" she asked quietly.

[hr]

Code:
[ dr. sorenson ]
The Wild Wastelands | Following the Post-Apocalypse | Springvale

"First, do no[footnote]For values of 'no' approaching 'vast and permanent'.[/footnote] harm."

As a rule, Followers of the Apocalypse were usually pacifists who furthered humanitarian goals. To the layman, that meant that they helped people however they could. Giving out food and water, medical services, mechanical or electrical services. If it was related to the medical or technological fields and was considered a benevolent cause, no matter how small, they did it. But even they had to defend themselves, and the people they dedicated their lives to helping.

So, as Jenna Sorenson stepped up to the pile of ash in the middle of the road to a place called "Megaton", the holographic generator on her chest flickered on:
Code:
:C
"I'm sorry!" she murmured, her voice quiet as she apologized to what was left of the Raider.

She was just a little ashamed of killing that Raider, especially since she had hope that, just maybe, despite the armor looking suspiciously familiar to her, that the man was possibly a reasonable Wastelander. But when he turned to her and started running at her with a baseball bat, saying that he was going to have a lot of fun peeling her out of her suit. So, she couldn't help but fire her Laser Rifle a little wildly. At which point, a particularly lucky shot hit him with a high-enough intensity to disintegrate him.

She didn't feel too bad, however. Raiders were a plague on the innocent as much as radiation was. Still, she wasn't very comfortable killing anyone.

With a sigh, she let her AER9.6 Laser Rifle hang by it's harness as she consulted her Pip-Boy, namely the map. She wasn't far from Megaton, her first stop on her way to the Jefferson Memorial, and by extension Project Purity. She could just go on her way, but there were a few interesting places nearby she could investigate first. Why waste an opportunity, after all?

There was a Vault. But she was wary about the idea of going into a Vault. Even if there weren't any inhabitants still inside, she wasn't even sure she could find a way in, or that she wouldn't lock herself inside somehow. No, better to save that for later.

There was the Springvale School. It wasn't far off either, she thought as she looked up in it's direction. Less interesting, certainly, but there was always a chance that something of value could be salvaged. Books, holotapes, other supplies. And that wasn't even taking into account what might have been brought and left there after the bombs fell.

Her "Expression Generator" flickered on again, this time with a smile:
Code:
:)
As the red hologram flickered off, she started to make her way to the school. Who knew, maybe she'd get lucky.

Generic NPC 22

The Most Generic of NPCs
Jul 12, 2012
The Wild Wastelands | Megaton | Behind Moriarty's Saloon
"I was given a fresh start and I want to do that with Shifty" - Lucy Black

Fresh starts. Only the dearly departed were given the opportunity for a fresh start. This is what Thomas "Shifty" McGee, the Former Undertaker playing at being an Undertaker, would have been thinking if he wasn't holding thumb in pain, its nail cracked and black. It had been some time since he'd built one of these caskets let along two of them.

The materials had been scavenged from the Saloon. The broken table that had been Thomas' crash pad just before Lucy had found him had provided a large majority of the wood. The remaining wood had been scavenged from a door to Moriarty's office. It would keep the dishonest Saloon proprietor honest whenever he woke up and freed himself from his prison for the dead.

tap tap tap tap... BANG!

Thomas hammered another nail home, securing the final cross member for lid that was to top the casket belonging to Colin Moriarty, the man already wrapped in a white sheet, or rather as white a sheet as could be scavenged from the linen closet of the Saloon. The Friendly Former Undertaker playing at being an Undertaker had already finished the casket for Moriarty's dead Bodyguard, his need obviously being greater than that of his unconscious boss.

Picking up a bottle that lay nearby, Thomas took a drink, allowing the liquid to linger on his tongue, the burning sensation down his esophagus caused him to wince once he swallowed. Undertaking was thirsty work and yet there was something oddly satisfying at having picked up his tools after so long a time. It felt like he was doing good works again, the type that enriched not just his ego but something slightly deeper than that.

As he drank, he thought briefly about what Jonathan had said before leaving.

Flashback said:
As he was about to leave, though, he turned and faced Shifty, in his eyes a mixture of defeat, guilt and sympathy.

"You're like I'm looking at myself 20 year ago," he stated, not in an aggravated tone, but one of sympathetic realisation, "You and I, we're in desperate need to cling onto hope, in some way. You have Lucy, while I..." he sighed, "Lucy is your salvation, McGee. But the more you cling onto her, the the more afraid you'll become of losing her. And that fear will drive you nuts. You think I didn't see your jealousy when I was talking about Lucy? Please. Get me as drunk as you want, the obvious remains obvious."

He shook his head, "Don't be like that, Shifty. Don't let fear and paranoia rule over you. All that will ever do is hurt the one you so desperately want to protect. Lucy loves you, loves you more than anything in the world. Don't drive her away like that. Don't... don't become me."

Solemnly, he turned to the door again, ready to walk out, "What is lost can never be saved. Good luck, McGee. I hope the best for you both."
It had been a better goodbye than it had been hello when it came to Jonathan Aristole McKenna. Still, he had the distinct feeling that they'd run into each other again. It was a rather small Wastes after all. Placing the bottle back down on a nearby table, Thomas resumed his work.

With only the slightest of hesitations, the hesitation would have been substantially longer if Colin Moriarty had any semblance of humanity in his body, Thomas started placing the casket's lid on the casket, stopping due to Moriarty's less than timely "resurrection."

"(Good Lord Walt, why now?)" Thomas thought to himself. With the amount of damage Moriarty had sustained at the hands of a berserk Jonathan, he figured that the Saloon's owner would have been unconscious for much longer. Unfortunately, Colin Moriarty had a habit of beating expectations, for example, he had survived this long without any evidence of the existence of a heart in his body.

If Thomas were to leave the man locked within the wooden box, it would be likely that the authorities would be looking for Thomas rather than the one responsible for this situation in the first place. That's if Moriarty decided to go the route of notifying law enforcement rather than his usual method of calling up a posse of goons. With Lucy now firmly entrenched in his group of traveling misfits, the Tall, Pale and Sharply Dressed Man could hardly afford the additional danger this presented.

"Blessed Saint Colm Meanie! Get me outta here!" The Saloon's Proprietor and banshee shrieked as he struggled against the shroud that had been wrapped around him. Again, the sense of imminent infection might not have been present if Moriarty had bothered to wash the guests' sheets more often than semi-annually.

Now the Friendly Former Undertaker had a number of choices available to him. He could have knocked out Mister Moriarty and left him to back within the confines of the wooden oven. However this would have resulted in evidence that Thomas had a hand in the (un)timely death of the crooked barkeep. A posse of Moriarty's nearest and dearest would have gathered and danger would be following Thomas, Lucy, Arizona and Sylph once again. Thomas took the other option.

"By the blessed white gloves of our Lord Walt! You're alive, Mister Moriarty!" Thomas exclaimed with false exuberance, his hands raised in praise before uncovering Moriarty's head, "Let us give thanks to our beloved Lord that the Wasteland was not robbed of another fine and upstanding citizen. The Greatest of the Lords sings to us and tells us that 'it's a world of laughter and a world of tears it's a world of hope and a world of fears.' Today, however laughter and hope have won this day!"

Impatiently, the proprietor of Moriarty's Saloon attempted to grab the attention of the Undertaker, who was continued to espouse the greatness of what had occurred.

"Death has no power over those who follow the path of righeousness! If you strike him down you will only make him stronger! For he is chosen, chosen to bring balance to the world. Colin Moriarty, or should I say the chosen Messiah Moriarty, has come back from the grave, he has successfully evaded the hungry grasp of Death herself! Give praise..."

"HEY!"

"Behold, he who defeated the eternal slumber without the assistance of a Handsome Prince!"

"McGee!!"

"He who shall lead Megatonian Society into a new renaissance! A time of greatness and prosperity!"

"McGEEE!!!!"

"I give you Megaton! Your chosen, Colin Moriarty!"

Colin Moriarty was clearly taken aback by the high praise that Thomas had lavished upon him. The man even managed a slight cough as he muttered to himself. This did not, however, rob him of all of his faculties.

"Well... thank the Lord for that." Colin muttered absently as he struggled a bit against the stained off-white shroud, "Could you let me outta this now?"

"Gladly! Anything for a customer! You'll see that this is the best 2,056 caps that you have ever spent." Thomas boomed the calculated line.

"Two... WHAT?! TWO THOUSAND AND FIFTY SIX CAPS?! THAT'S ROBBERY!" The potential dig and dasher exclaimed in fiery outrage, his struggles against the shroud renewing themselves.

"Well, seeing your position within the community, I would hardly have expected that you would want a simple casket. Once you step outside you'll be dazzled by the craftsmanship. I've even engraved the lid with a fitting eulogy so that in some distant future, if you were to be dug up, they would know how truly great a man was buried in this casket." Shifty said before adding, "Plus as a pillar of the community, the people would want no expense spared in your burial. It would be a travesty to bury you in anything other than my finest work."

This of course was a total and complete fabrication of reality. The people would have sooner dumped the man's corpse in Little Lamplight than allow him to take up any amount of square footage in the wide open Wasteland.

"Of course now that my work has been completed, I should remind you that all paid contracts for custom work is utterly non-refundable nor negotiable."

"BUT I WAS UNCONSCIOUS!!!"

"Mister Moriarty, you were dead. You had passed. Having performed my duties as an Undertaker for a number of years, I assure you that I have seen my fair share of those dearly departed. You fit the criteria quite nicely. As such, your passing soul should have been able to understand my words and the terms of our oral contract. On top of that, I have already collected the funds that you owe me for both you and your friend. Would you rob a member of the Undertaker's Union, knowing what you know about us? You have used our services in the past if I am not mistaken." Former Undertaker Thomas McGee said looking down on the Saloon's proprietor.

"Fine. Then... then I'm charging you for that water that you've been drinking." The Owner of Moriarty's Saloon said as he attempted to re-coup of the the money that he'd spent while unconscious.

"Surely not, Mister Moriarty. If I'm not mistaken, that is a bottle of water from Project Purity and yet, it tingles upon my tongue like water that comes from the very wells of Megaton. I doubt that the Brotherhood of Steel would find it funny were they to find out that you've been passing off irradiated well water with water supplied by them. It would be a fate worse than if I were to have buried you before you'd been resurrected... which... I might add... is still a possibility if you continue to attempt to renege on your debt.

"Fine, McGee. You win but I won't forget this. I've got a bigger fish to fry. Fucking McKenna. I'll fry that fucker." Moriarty cursed as Thomas unwrapped the man from his shroud, revealing to the man that he was stark naked, more than a few sores having developed on his body since being wrapped up in the dirty linen, "What... the.. fook?!"

"Have a blessed day, Mister Moriarty." Thomas said as he turned, 2,056 caps jingling in his pocket as he left.

"Thomas? The hell are you doing?" Came a familiar voice from the direction of the Saloon's back door.

"Oh... ummm... Hello Miss Arizona." Thomas said slightly embarrassed as he attempted to keep himself between her and the view of the two coffins, "Ehhh... nothing. Just a little side work."

"SIDE WORK?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN SIDE WORK?!" Colin Moriarty yelled out from inside his casket, aware that the term suggested that Thomas "Shifty" McGee was working outside the purview of the Undertaker's Union.

"Just ignore him. He's a little sticker shocked." The Friendly Former Undertaker stated as he took a swig from the bottle in his hand, the clear liquid appearing to be nothing but water to the Ghoulish Merc.

[hr]

The Wild Wastelands | Megaton | The Megaton Gates
Challenge Accepted

"A single sparring session! You have chosen to spit on my very honor, filthy Vegan, so I will claim what little power you have and make it my own. Be grateful, ordinarily I would grant you the blessing of death." The Ridiculously Endowed Paladin said as she took a fighting stance, the words that flew past her orange hued lips caused the Red Menace to blink. It was as if she was listening to Sylphee speak through the mouth of some Big Boobied Bimbo. This caused Sylph to smile after a moment as she leaned her Gifted Katana near by, but not so far as to be out of reach if things took a turn for the bad, she did not, however, remove the hidden blade that was strapped to her right forearm.

Despite the woman's ridiculous shape, there was muscle tone to her. The armor that the Parmesan Paladin wore was probably straining against muscle, not just mammary glands. This didn't scare Sylph, however, she would just use her superior speed to dodge the woman's blows.

The Blue Haired Butcher didn't even bother to take a fighting stance as she charged the woman. The first blows would not be physical however, she would crush the Cheddar Chump psychologically. Seeing that the woman had a host of Blamco branded equipment, Sylph took a gamble.

"It wasn't so much the food that upset my stomach so much as the thought that it tasted like the so called 'food' that BlamCo would make." The Crimson Catastrophe exclaimed was a cruel smile on her face as she feigned a punch to the woman's face but pulled back after at the last second, using the momentum of her pulled punch to add to the power of a spinning kick aimed for the woman's midsection.

THUD

It was a solid kick that appeared to have absolutely no effect at all... in fact, the kick actually pushed Sylph back and out of the range of a potential counter punch by the Chesty Cheesy Church Leader. This fight might last a while...

[hr]

The Wild Wastelands | Springvale | Springvale Skool for Wayward Sylphys
Sylphy! Sylphy! Sylphy!

Constance Sorrowfeld had a rather large headache, so much so that she had started rubbing her temples. The day had gone from weird to even weirder. Rufio had returned with a message from Constance's mother, Enclave Intelligence Specialist #411, now an Officer though Constance was unaware of the promotion. The message stated that Constance was to await the arrival of two people exiting from the gates of Megaton, one a woman that was sort of... strange looking... from the images sent and a man that looked rather in need of a sandwich. She had also been instructed to start preliminary training with a handful of Sylphys, which after a time became a couple dozen Sylphys, especially after they had attempted to start descent training by repelling off of the school's roof.

Noticing that the Queen of the Sylphys appeared to be in pain, one of the Blue Haired Buttmonkies attempted to sooth her leader's headache with the assistance of a freshly squeezed Raider Brain. It seemed that prior to the arrival of the Sylphys, the former educational building had been inhabited by a group of Raiders plotting to invade Megaton. Apparently this plotting had been going on for some time now since the Raiders had restocked the entire school library with failed invasion plans.

"No no no. I don't need a brain replacement." Constance muttered as she waved off the offered Medula Oblongata.

"Sylphy! Sylphy! Sylphy!" Another one jabbered, one that had been placed on guard duty after having found a dose of Jet, and pointed towards the window, her Sylphys roughly translating to "Stranger Danger! Stranger Danger! Stranger Danger!"

"Ugh... again?" Constance muttered as she walked towards the window, half expecting to "see" an Enclave Eyebot or a tumble weed or, heaven forbid, another Deathclaw that the Sylphys would try to hunt and eat. To her surprise it was none of those, just some random wandering woman that appeared to be headed towards the School.

"Hey you! Hey!" Constance waved towards the woman, "I'd keep my distance if I were you! Just a little fair warning!"

"Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy!"

"No... you cannot do that to her." The Cat Eared American Enclave Scout of America responded, her face twerking into an expression of modest disgust.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
Megaton - Moriarty's Saloon
Exhaustion, Stress, and Depression

"What? Kristin? --- No."

His entire body hanged, and as Jonathan stumbled his way onwards into the saloon, panting, he felt heavy, as though chains had been wrapped around his body and dragged him down.

"No --- not since last night, I think? In the bed -- but she can't be blonde."

He hadn't realised just how exhausted he was until now. It was difficult to keep his eyes open, and as he sit down at a table, he felt himself jump in and out of conciousness. Snap out of it, you damned old man! Had he used what last remained of his energy in that foolhardy sprint here? Was he as spent as he felt? No, I... just need to catch my breath. That's all.

He was eager to leave. If his legs had the stregth, he would have walked out the moment he was told Kristin wasn't here. In part due to that Kristin wasn't here, but also because Lucy was here.

"Look, Med-X fucks with me in a really bad way. I could barely walk, let alone make sense of where people were. I thought you were downstairs, but..."

He phased out as she talked about last night. Enough time had passed for it to be classified as "last night". Why was she apologising? There was no point in it. He didn't blame her for ditching him. He was the one that had fucked up. The very reminder was like a vampire feeding on him, and he felt himself giving in, his conciousness slowly slipping away as sleep started overtak-

"What's wrong?"

He jolted upwards, much like someone would do if as they were falling asleep their idiot neighbour decided to ignite fireworks because it's 4th of July and you gotta celebrate, breathing quickly. That was close. Too close.

"Are you hurt?", Lucy asked warily, unconsciously taking a slight step back from him.

That step. There was something about it that hit him more that it should have. He took a good look at himself, and the reason became apparent. His rush to find Kristin had all but made him forget all the blood on his clothes. No wonder she stepped back, he looked like some serial killer.

I disgust her.

Nice going there, Gilles.

As though taking the cue, he stepped backwards too, and turned to face the counter, feeling too guilty to look at her. He couldn't do anything right, could he? He just kept on screwing up, and wondered if it was even possible to patch things up at this point.

"I..." he muttered weakly, not certain how to continue, "Look, Lucy... You don't have to apologise... You're not to blame for what happened last night.", he turned to look at her with his sorrowful, half-closed tired eyes, "I should be the one apologising. My behaviour towards you ever since we met has been... inexcusable. Especially what I said when I was having that breakdown. I... I didn't mean anything. I'm sorry."

Suffocating. This was suffocating. He needed to get out. Right now.

"Lucy, there are things that we need to talk about. Serious things, nothing to do with my bullshit... but it'll have to wait." he started walking towards her and the door, burying his face in his hat, "I need to hurry and find Kristin. If Moriarty's true to his word, then she might be in danger." He was out of the door now, looking around, "Let's... let's talk after everything's sorted out. Please." and run onwards.

Megaton - Way to the Gates/Blamco Festival
A terrible day for a faire

This was a most unexpected sight.

The street was packed with people, as stands were being constructed around him, mostly from young, teenaged-to-young-adult girls worked tiredlessly to finish their work before the sun shone midday. This whole Blamco thing had caught on quickly, it seemed, truly a testament of Kristin's natural charisma.

He only hoped she was ok.

His pace grew quicker. Hopefully Moriarty hadn't gotten his claws on her, hopefully she had woken on her own and set off. The uncertainty was getting to him. Lost in thought and looking for a flicker of her golden -or maybe it had gone back to silver?- hair amidst the crowd, he bumped into someone, and she fell to the ground. As he turned to look, he recognised her face.

The girl Kristin was talking to by the bomb. The very same girl that had heard Charlotte yell his name out. She stared at him in horror, as though ready to scream.

"You!" he said and grabbed her by the arms, getting her up and littering her shirt with bloodstains, "Have you seen her? Have you seen Kristin?", he didn't realise the amount of force he was putting in his grip.

"T-The gate..." the girl said, panicking, "I saw her by the gate!"

His eyes widened, and for the first time since last night, Jonathan genuinely smiled. Pushing her aside, he started running, adrenaline surging through his system, his heart beating like crazy...

...Never noticing the mob gathering behind him, calling for blood...

Texas Joker 52

Jun 25, 2011
Arizona

"No refunds."

What Arizona found just outside the back door to Moriarty's Saloon wasn't what she was expecting. Though to be fair, she wasn't entirely sure what she had been expecting to begin with. But it certainly wasn't Thomas and a pair of coffins, one having a rather thoroughly beaten-up Moriarty sitting up in it. Thomas's reply could only be considered sheepish.

"Oh... ummm... Hello Miss Arizona. Ehhh... nothing. Just a little side work."

She glanced over at Moriarty in his coffin, sputtering about what he meant.

"Just ignore him. He's a little sticker shocked."

As Thomas replied, he took a sip from what looked like plain water. Perhaps he's already thinking about kicking the habit, she thought with a small smirk, crossing her arms as he regarded him.

"How is this side work? You are still an Undertaker, aren't you?" she said, before waving for him to follow her as she made her way out from around the Saloon.

"Anyway, we need to get the hell outta Megaton. Once we grab Sylph and meet up with Lucy, we're leaving. Crazy blue-haired ***** already left a bodycount behind her, and I don't want anything to do with it." she told him.

The old Ghoul paused for a moment before looking back at him with a narrowed eye.

"By the way, just how much did you take Moriarty for?" she asked conspiratorially.

[hr]

Code:
[ dr. sorenson ]
The Wild Wastelands | Following the Post-Apocalypse | Springvale

"I come in peace! I promise!"

Jenna had only started to make her way to the school when she heard a voice call out from the school itself. Flinching, she stopped in her tracks and hunched her shoulders defensively.

"Hey you! Hey! I'd keep my distance if I were you! Just a little fair warning!"

Holding up her hands, she quickly keyed in a friendly smile into her Pip-Boy for her Expression Generator to project.

"I don't mean any harm! I'm a Doctor and Scientist with the Followers of the Apocalypse. If you, or anyone else in there could use medical attention, I can help. Otherwise, I suppose I'll be on my way." she called out awkwardly.

Generic NPC 22

The Most Generic of NPCs
Jul 12, 2012
The Wild Wastelands | Megaton | Behind Moriarty's Saloon
Body Count? Cop Killer? Someone call Ice T

As Thomas listened to Arizona, he realized that they definitely should have left the Crimson Catastrophe outside the Megatonian Gates and probably gifted her to a Giant Ant to be taken back to its Queen. But nooooo. Someone thought that taking Sylph into the town was a good idea. Someone felt sorry for the Homicidal Maniac. The Friendly Former Undertaker was pretty sure it wasn't him.

The fact that Arizona had mentioned the name Sylph rather than Sylphee meant that she was in her homicidal attack dog mode and would be only slightly more trouble than the dafter side of the coin. This meant that it was more than likely Sylph was in the middle of slaughtering some poor child or puppy or child-puppy hybrid. This meant that getting out of Megaton was of utmost concern.

"By the way, just how much did you take Moriarty for?" Arizona asked conspiratorially as she lead Thomas back around to the front entrance of the Saloon, the rear door having been mysteriously fused in the locked position.

"Two thousand fifty six caps." Thomas responded simply, far too simple it seemed, "for services rendered for both himself and his dead bodyguard. It's a fair fee and actually at a discount despite the fact that he tried to gypped us out of a room is also a pretty good reason. As well as the fact that he takes advantage of the downtrodden and is, in short, an absolute asshole to everyone in existence, I think that perhaps charging him for extra work was justifiable."

"HEY ASSHOLE AREN'T YOU GOING TO LET ME OUT?!" Came Moriarty's screams that were drowned out by the creaking of the Saloon's primary entrance.

Upon entering the Saloon, Thomas saw Lucy's shapely silhouette, the thought of her bringing a dumb smile on his face and a rosiness to his pale cheeks. His sweat drenched body wanted nothing more than to rush to Lucy and envelope her in his arms. It was all rather very cutesy that it probably would have made Arizona vomit if it didn't mean that she'd be wasting good booze.

"Lucy." The Friendly Neighborhood Fornicator Undertaker said, calling out to her and attempting to wrest her attention from whatever it was that was occupied on, namely not him, "I think we're leaving Megaton. Now. Do you have everything that you need? We should find Sylph before she... continues being Sylph."

He hoped his Bookish looking Beauty of a Lover understood the euphemism in regards to Sylph.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
Kristin & Sylph || The Megaton Gates
The BlamCo Valkryie VS The Crimson Huntress
Collaborative post with Generic NPC 22 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Generic+NPC+22]

Upon taking up a fighting stance with clenched fists held up at neck height, the Valkyrie's wrists overlapped in what was known to the BlamCo family as the crossguard formation. A wild grin was spread across Kristin's face, her heart was pounding in absolute excitement. Daring and welcoming her opponent to strike first, the Vehement Vegan was noted to be significantly smaller in stature. Despite the smaller frame, it was observed from her opponent's deliberate movements when her weapon was set aside, she possessed a lithe build that was not without lean muscular definition of her own.

And lithe she was indeed! The agile attacker had dashed towards Kristin, with a clenched fist speeding towards her, Kristin had no time to react outside of the realm of surprise. She was faster than expected! The strike never landed during the charge. It was a feint attack. Although that did nothing to stop the surprisingly skilled opponent from taunting the BlamCo Berserker.

"It wasn't so much the food that upset my stomach so much as the thought that it tasted like the so called 'food' that BlamCo would make."

Catching a hint of the snide smile, the BlamCo Berserker fell for the vicious taunt and was treated to an expertly executed spinning kick to her exposed midsection. Adrenaline-induced aggression coursed through Kristin's veins as she took a wild closed-fisted backhand swing at the Crimson Huntress' face, the purely reactionary attack had greatly missed when her opponent was pushed back by the ineffective kick. It would take more than that to break down a body born of BlamCo might!

With her lip curled in disgust, a low guttural growl was uttered by the BlamCo Valkyrie. Taunting an opponent was generally regarded as a means to aggravate an opponent into lowering their defence during an attack, but what would happen if your opponent prioritised overwhelming force over that of personal defense anyway? This:

During the scant few moments where the Speedy Huntress appeared to be surprised at Kristin's physical endurance, the Valkyrie had launched herself forward into a relentless charge towards her opponent. Opening her fist, the Valkyrie closed the small distance with an outstretched hand and took full grip of Sylph's face. Continuing with her charge, Sylph was lifted off the ground for a few steps and slammed head-first into a nearby scrap metal wall. The Valkyrie's heavy-handed strength was in full display.

Between the splayed fingers of her grip, the Valkyrie venomously hissed the following at the Huntress:

"Such mockery will not be forgiven! Show me then that you are worthy enough to be a Valkyrie's opponent!"

Crimson, crimson everywhere and all of it was formerly encased in the previously pristine body of the Crimson Menace. The scrap metal clanked loudly as the force of the impact caused a Sylph head sized impression on the piece of metal. It was only through sheer luck that the Blue Haired Butcher wasn't sent through the sheet of metal, or knocked unconscious or dead. Before the stars that spun around Sylph's head had a chance to make a single orbit around her cranium, Sylph's hands reached up and grabbed the wrist, locking on tight as she did a sideways flip, twisting the arm of the Chesty Cheese Log. The result was the Red Menace ended up behind the Busty Barbarian and had her in an armlock, not that it would have lasted long as Sylph felt this Paladin of Parmesan already wrenching her wrist from Sylph's hands. Letting go, Sylph jumped vertically and kicked out with both feet, impacting and pushing against the Silver Lined Sister of Swiss and sending her pitching chest-forward into the very same piece of scrap that had Sylph's face imprinted on it.

"Valkyrie?" The Menace of the D.C. Metro Area asked as she shook her head, finally clearing away the last of the birds that chirped in her ears, "You're just another annoying, chattering twit."

The was a flurry of action as Sylph charged in, punching, kicking, biting, scratching and dodging the Priestess of Provolone's counter strikes. The situation was quickly devolving from a sparring session to a brawl with people starting to bet caps on who would be the one to walk away.

[Heavy Handed] [http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Heavy_Handed]
*SMASH!!!*

A cheese wheel sized fist impacted against the side of Sylph's face, sending her backwards to the ground once again, causing the stars and birds to return. Laying on the ground, Sylph heard the crowd laugh the familiar laugh of those who enjoyed the sight of two people battling for their lives. The very people that had made Sylph suffer so long ago. Slowly, she picked herself up off the ground, the crowd roaring their approval. The wine colored warrior would beat the Berserker Boobs and then take care of the crowd that was enjoying Sylph's suffering.

Having sent the Crimson Catastrophe flying after a vicious backwards fist, the BlamCo Valkyrie slowly turned to face her opponent. Breathing heavily and physically scratched even deeper, a significant amount of blood was spat from Kristin's mouth before her lips curled into an unnerving smile. Kristin had vastly underestimated her opponent, between the incredible speed and unpredictability, her opponent's attack were varied but shallow. There was no point in creating a defense, not when her opponent shared similar qualities to her own. What this Venomous Vegan lacked, besides for a diet that didn't disgrace the Gods, was raw strength and stamina.

Steadily striding forward with a heavily bloodied body from superficial scratches and bruises, Kristin could hear the cheers of a crowd shout the name of BlamCo in praise. Oh? How interesting! It was best that she put on a show then! The Valkyrie lowered her head after opening her clenched fists at her sides. Towering over the small framed assassin, the skillful Huntress spun in position and raised her leg in an instant to land a devastating kick to the stomach of Kristin. After so many missed attacks during the Huntress' earlier flurry of attacks, it had become evident to the Valkyrie that the only way to successfully hit this Blue-haired Bruiser was to suffer some damage of her own and make sure that every counter-attack had outweighed the damage potential.

Feeling the bile rise to her throat, Kristin grit her teeth as she firmly captured the leg of her opponent. Much like she would lift her own blade, Sylph was hoisted upwards during this solid display of strength. For a few moments, the Huntress was kept suspended in the air while her muscles strained against her blood-stained armor, the Valkyrie sent Sylph crashing down chest-first into the hard ground.

"You -- look somewhat familiar.", Kristin uttered between heavy breaths, briefly puzzled by where exactly she had recognised such a female, regardless she resumed the banter. After brief consideration, the Valkyrie addressed her opponent in a more respectful tone.
"Careful Huntress, I am beginning to like you."

Firmly grabbing Sylph by the back of the neck, she was forcefully lifted up once more into a standing position. With her feet just dangling off the ground, Kristin delivered a punishing knee to Sylph's stomach, followed by a smaller uppercut to the sternum before tossing her aside like a rejected ragdoll.

The Red Menace was crapped out. Her gut hurt as if someone had unloaded a bunch of lactose laced explosives insider her bruised intestines, her eyes had started swelling shut after the tremendous thronging her face had received by both metal and fist. It was difficult to tell which had caused more damage. Still, where most would have bowed out, Sylph hauled herself off the ground, her clothing looking particularly red at the moment. Looking at the Titty Twat, Sylph could only let a slight whisper of words past her bruised and cracked lips.

"Are.. you... hitting... on... me?" Sylph asked as she started trudging towards her inevitable demise. She still had an ace up her sleeve so to speak. Even if the cut she was about to inflict came at the cost of her life, she would deliver it.

She reared back, winding up for a punch, as she approached and launched her fist with what remaining strength she had left. As the strike closed in on the Bovine *****, Sylph twisted her wrist in her familiar way. The blade, however, so caked up with blood and grime, never extended, which was probably a fortunate thing since it was the very weapon that had claimed the lives of several Megatonian drunkards the night. Without the extended reach of the blade, the strike seemed like some clumsy attempt at Sylph thumbing her nose at the inevitability of her defeat and failing miserably. Without any strength left in her legs, the Red Menace fell to the ground, staying there for a moment before attempting to pick herself up again...an action made impossible by the fact that the Silver Clad Savior of Cheddar had intertwined her legs with Sylph's and was currently twisting Sylph's ankle trying to get her to submit to the Provolone Paladin's Cheesy superiority.

Grimacing, Sylph gritted her teeth and waited for the snap that would have been the signal that her ankle had just been snapped like a twig, her moans of pain drifting off over the head of the crowd into the distance like an S.O.S.

This was not a mere sparring session, nor was it an escalated brawl, this was a battle between two Warriors.

Chest heaving, Kristin could no longer hide the extent of the damage that the skilled Huntress had caused. Kristin's neck, cheek, hands and wrists bore signs of deep bloodied scratches, her right cheek was swollen after a particularly ferocious onslaught of repeated jabs and her jaw was suffering from a dreadful subluxation. Painfully clicking her jaw back into place, the Valkyrie held her ground, more so out of necessity rather than grandstanding for this battle's spectators.

Even after their punishing exchange of attacks, the battered and blue-haired warrior took to her feet once more. Kristin's prejudices were washing away after every attack that this person had landed on her. Even after her opponent's mistaken verbal jab, Kristin smirked wearily. Regardless, the fight was coming to an end, both of the warriors shared a certain combat sense and Kristin prepared to grapple with her. The Crimson Warrior raised a fist once more during a charge. Predictable. Very well, if they were going back to basics, then the Valkyrie would follow suit, charging forward to meet Sylph's face with her hand once more.

Then she twisted her wrist in a strange motion that completely changed the angle of Sylph's attack, this was not what caused Kristin to skid to a halt, it was how the attack had landed short and what was contained on Sylph's wrist: a wristblade! The nerve! How dare she further betray the honor of combat!

Furiously, the Valkyrie grabbed Sylph by the back of the neck when she had collapsed to her knees. Forcing her opponent to the ground, the BlamCo Valkyrie used her legs to lock Sylph's and intensely gripped her ankle, completely intent on ripping this limb from her opponent's body.

Despite the Valkyrie's rage, the agonizing groans and lack of resistance from her opponent had signalled the end of this duel. Kristin BlamCo was nothing if not honorable to a fault.

Releasing her grip and rolling off of the Blue-haired Warrior, Kristin unsteadily rose to her feet only to be met with a roar of cheering and a scatter of bottlecaps from the bloodthirsty but satisfied crowd. Kristin BlamCo, an honourable fighter, would not be celebrating alone however. Stepping over to the fallen body of her opponent, Kristin hoisted her up into a standing position, not to attack like before...but rather to hold her hand up high for the crowd. The crowd's reaction was deafening, but certainly overwhelmingly satisfactory.

Stepping away from the former Vegan, the Valkyrie regarded the female, now known as 'The Huntress', for a moment.

"That...was... --- a fantastic duel!", even smiling had hurt, but she smiled regardless, "You have earned my respect, Crimson Huntress."

Absentmindedly clapping Sylph on the shoulder, Kristin walked over to the uproot the heavier bumper sword with more effort than usual. Looking up, Jonathan was spotted through an odd clearing in the crowd, he appeared to have been watching this particular battle. For how long he was there, she did not know, yet she hoped he was impress -- Jonathan --- wait!.

Suddenly, the memory of a particular on-screen display/Lucy's home/#411 had roared into conscious memory. This woman was largely reminiscent of the Enclave clone army!

"Aha! It was good to finally meet you, Sylph!", The Valkyrie turned to her former opponent once more, before gesturing to herself, "Kristin Blamco! May we do this again someday!"

After fighting one of the most staggeringly strong opponents the BlamCo Princess had fought in a while. Wearily, Kristin proceeded to slowly walk towards Jonathan with a silly grin on her bloodied and bruised face.

[hr]

Lucy Black || Moriarty's Saloon
'Weary'

"I..." Jonathan muttered weakly, "Look, Lucy... You don't have to apologise...You're not to blame for what happened last night.", he turned to look at her with sorrowful, half-closed tired eyes, "I should be the one apologising. My behaviour towards you ever since we met has been... inexcusable. Especially what I said when I was having that breakdown. I... I didn't mean anything. I'm sorry."

Lucy was taken aback, she didn't quite expect this kind of sincere apology to come from Jonathan of all people. On one hand, she partially wanted to wave the apology away with acceptance. Yet on the other hand, Jonathan's mood had shifted to yet another extreme during his very brief time spent in her company. Past experience had made her wary of such individuals.

"Lucy, there are things that we need to talk about. Serious things, nothing to do with my bullshit... but it'll have to wait." he started walking towards her and the door, burying his face in his hat, "I need to hurry and find Kristin. If Moriarty's true to his word, then she might be in danger." He was out of the door now, looking around, "Let's... let's talk after everything's sorted out. Please." and run onwards.

This man would never cease to leave her alone. Her father was dead! She did not wish to drudge up the past. She did not want to associate with someone that was a constant reminder. She didn't need his creepy fathering attitude.

Lucy was close to punching Jonathan in the vain hope that he would start to make some sense. God-forbid he develop some sense of emotional consistency when he was around her. Despite her frustrations, she was curious about what he wanted to talk about. This time she would make a point to cut her ties completely or bury the hatchet and move on with Shifty, Sylph & Arizona.

Sighing, the currently annoyed former sniper waited for him to leave and made her way outside. Leaning over the railings to survey the current Megaton activity.

~~20 minutes later~~

"Lucy."

The Illustrious Undertaker addressed Lucy from behind, not the first time he done so today, mind you.

"I think we're leaving Megaton. Now. Do you have everything that you need? We should find Sylph before she... continues being Sylph."

Leaning back into Thomas' arms, she crossed her own, clearly preoccupied with something.
"Did I ever tell you that when I used to live here a few years back, that I was offered the position of being a Megaton Sniper? No?"

Lucy frowned, "Well I have good news and bad news. Good news: The Megaton Snipers have abandoned their posts very early today, so we won't get a bullet in the back. The bad news: That means it has something to do with whatever the hell is going on at the Megaton gates. Take a look."

Gesturing towards the immense crowd, there was was an influx of people blocking the gates and an even greater crowd forming a circle during what sounded like a brawl.

"So how do -- sorry -- ", Lucy caught herself in the moment when she looked up at the Tall Undertaker, standing on her tippy toes, she planted a small kiss to his cheek, "Ahem, so -- how do you want to play this? Take our chances or take a closer look? Ariz -- !"

Shifting in Shifty's hold, Lucy spotted Arizona nearby, "What do you think? I haven't seen Sylph, not from up here anyway."

Priming her laser pistol, Lucy patted the bag she was carrying at her hip in indication to Shifty. "Yeah, I'm done here.", her expression dropped, "Right, but once we're out -- if it's possible -- I have to talk to someone called Jonathan McKenna & The BlamCo Princess, yes she exists. I can catch up with you guys later if things get too crazy."

Generic NPC 22

The Most Generic of NPCs
Jul 12, 2012
The Wild Wastelands | Springvale High
Daft Scientist Chicks are Daft

"I don't mean any harm! I'm a Doctor and Scientist with the Followers of the Apocalypse. If you, or anyone else in there could use medical attention, I can help. Otherwise, I suppose I'll be on my way."

Constance tracked the masked woman doctor with her ears as she started rubbing her temples once again. Clearly this woman wasn't going to take no for an answer. She was tempted to shoot her and be done with it. If she was a scientist, she'd clearly be interested in the Sylphys and their existence. This more than likely meant that there would be many a question to follow which would only further aggravate Constance's blossoming head ache. Little did the American Enclave Loli of America know that the repairs that had been performed by Lieutenant Natsuki Manriki and Rufio the Cyberdog had been incomplete. A misaligned signal projector was sending bursts of super high frequency noise into her brain.

"Sylphy! Sylphy! Sylphy!" One of the Sylphys jabbered and chattered.

"No. I'm fine. Let her in." The young girl said as she continued to rub her head, "Keep an eye on her and... don't eat her."

"Sylphy!" The Sylphy sighed but saluted anyways.

POING!

"Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy!" The two Sylphys exclaimed in surprise looking at each other.

"SYLPHY!" The two of them exclaimed to each other pointing at the direction of the entrance to the school.

"SYLPHY!' The two repeated, continuing to point at the entrance to the school. Clearly thinking that the original should be the one who should be the one who went to the entrance of the school. The only question was, which one was the original of the two.

"Just go, the both of you. No no... don't salute." Constance groaned before her eyes rolled up into the back of her head, as if she was trying to get a better look at the back of her skull and fell to the ground.

"SYLPH!" The Stereo Sylphys exclaimed as they rushed to Constance's prone body, one rushing off in the direction of the Doctor.

[hr]

The Wild Wastelands | The Megatonian Gates
LOSER! YOU HAVE BROUGHT GREAT SHAME TO YOUR HOUSE!!!

"Aha! It was good to finally meet you, Sylph!", The Voluptuous Valkyrie turned to her former opponent once more, before gesturing to herself, "Kristin Blamco! May we do this again someday!"

The Red Menace rubbed her shoulder absentmindedly. There would more than likely be a bruise there later from where the Busty Berserker had clapped her but it would still far less severe than the bruising the Crimson Catastrophe's ego had taken that day. If Father had seen this, he surely would have adopted Kristin in lieu of the loser known as Sylph... after all this was how Sylph had been adopted by her Father. Were this the arena from which her Father had removed her from, she would have been food for a Rad Scorpion or another of the gladiatorial combatants. The fact that this was not the arena nor was Father present to see her loss didn't make the pain in Sylph's gut hurt any less.

A couple of drops of water hit the ground, wetting the patch of parched soil that had somehow missed being bathed in blood. The Blue Haired Mess of a Girl wiped the lemming tears off her face before anyone could see them before picking herself off the ground, a grinding noise in her ribs caused her to flinch minutely before she stood up, tall and erect to face look at the duo that was comprised of Miss Kristin Blamco and the man that had knocked Father over the railing.

Despite the fact that her training called for her to dispose of the male, she made no move against him. He appeared to be quite familiar with Miss Kristin Blamco. Perhaps he was her husband? Despite the apparent age difference, they looked to be quite caring of one another. Sylph might have been naive in the way of the heart, but even these things were obvious to her. She'd seen it in the way Father looked at Miss Lucy.

Walking towards her equipment, the Wine Colored Warrior paused, as if sensing a shift in the atmosphere. The crowd that had surrounded Miss Kristin and Sylph for the fight had noticed Miss Kristin's male companion. The murmurs of "Enclave" and "Gut him" and "Kill her too" passed through the crowd like an electrical current. Picking up her Gifted Katana from where it leaned, Sylph waited to see if the crowd would act upon this impulse or if the demonstration that Miss Kristin had provided would be enough to convince them of the folly of any action against the duo... trio.

Texas Joker 52

Jun 25, 2011
Code:
[ dr. sorenson ]
The Wild Wastelands | Following the Post-Apocalypse | Springvale School

"Not to worry, I make house-calls."

Jenna paused, hands still up in a non-threatening stance as she waited for some kind of response. When a few minutes passed, she was starting to wonder if it was best to just continue on to Megaton when a blue-haired young woman, no older than her late teens, rushed out to meet her.

She hadn't even gotten a chance to say hello when she was dragged, sputtering and protesting, into the school, all the while hearing the girl gabble something unintelligibly.

"Hold on, what... Could you just stop and tell me what's going on?" she asked frantically as she was pulled forcibly into the school's lobby.

The moment she saw a black-clad girl, collapsed and being tended to by what looked like the young woman's twin, her protests died down and she started to move toward them of her own accord. When she reached them, she knelt and looked up at the twin.

"What happened to her?" she asked firmly.

"Sylphy Sylphy Sylphy!"

The Doctor's helmet turned to the 'Sylphy' for a moment before she shook her head and started to examine the collapsed girl.

What was immediately obvious was the pair of what looked like cybernetic cat ears atop her head, and after further examination they turned out to be some sort of miniaturized radar system that seemed to be connected directly to the girl's head. They looked battered, however, so she reached into her pack and pulled out her toolkit. But she hesitated for a moment. It wasn't like they were something that she had worked on herself, prior to all this. Should she really be messing with them?

Shaking her head, she started to slowly and methodically inspect the ears, and it took her a few moments to realize that there was in fact something wrong with them. A few of the projectors were out of alignment, one in particular positioned in such a way that it had to be giving the girl a considerable amount of feedback.

When she finished adjusting the cybernetics and replaced the casings, she sighed softly and looked up at the 'Sylphy' to tell her that at least one of the problems was finished. What she ended up facing was several of them, each one identical to one another. And there were far too many of them to be a coincidence.

"Oh... I didn't know that Washington D.C. had cloning facilities." she murmured after a minute.

[hr]

Arizona

"Shit happens, what the hell?"

As both she and Shifty started to make their way down the walkways that led to the front gates and his lady-love, the Former Undertaker named a figure that had the Ghoul's lone eye widening in shock.

"Two thousand fifty six caps."

"Two thou--What?! Damn, Thomas!" she murmured with a tone of impressed awe.

"For services rendered for both himself and his dead bodyguard. It's a fair fee and actually at a discount despite the fact that he tried to gypped us out of a room is also a pretty good reason. As well as the fact that he takes advantage of the downtrodden and is, in short, an absolute asshole to everyone in existence, I think that perhaps charging him for extra work was justifiable."

Arizona slowly nodded, her chapped lips pursed in thought. If that was the kind of pay that Undertakers could expect for a job, even at a discount, it might just be high-time to think about a new line of work once her current job was done.

When they finally reunited with Lucy, Thomas regarded her with the kind of dreamy look that Arizona couldn't help but envy. It also made her want to smack the back of Thomas's head so he'd stop, but she resisted the urge. After all, the couple had only recently reunited, so they deserved at least a few days to give each other brahmen eyes.

"Lucy. I think we're leaving Megaton. Now. Do you have everything that you need? We should find Sylph before she... continues being Sylph."

As Lucy leaned back against Shifty, letting his arms wrap around her, Arizona felt another tug of envy, as well as the warm, fuzzy feeling she still got every now and then when she saw something truly sweet.

"Did I ever tell you that when I used to live here a few years back, that I was offered the position of being a Megaton Sniper? No? Well I have good news and bad news. Good news: The Megaton Snipers have abandoned their posts very early today, so we won't get a bullet in the back. The bad news: That means it has something to do with whatever the hell is going on at the Megaton gates. Take a look."

As the One-Eyed Girl motioned to the lower reaches of Megaton, near the gates, Arizona peered over the nearby railing and had to grimace. A large mob of Megaton citizens were gathering around what looked like a fight, and in the process was blocking the gates. What was worse, she could swear she could pick out a glimpse of blue hair between the two fighting.

"Well, shit. That's a hell of a thing to happen now." she grumbled.

"So how do -- sorry -- Ahem, so -- how do you want to play this? Take our chances or take a closer look? Ariz -- ! What do you think? I haven't seen Sylph, not from up here anyway."

"Given our luck, she's down there in the middle of the goddamn mob. Probably fighting, if I really did see her blue hair from all the way over here." she shrugged, before reaching into her pack and handing Lucy back her other Laser Pistol, "Personally, I don't care how we get out as long as we can come back. That means that we hopefully don't shoot our way out."

"Yeah, I'm done here. Right, but once we're out -- if it's possible -- I have to talk to someone called Jonathan McKenna & The BlamCo Princess, yes she exists. I can catch up with you guys later if things get too crazy."

At the mention of things getting too crazy, Arizona couldn't help her groan.

"Crazy seems to be defining this whole trip." she muttered.

And as far as she could tell, it was only going to get worse.