The Safe haven thread: Talk about anything

Movitz

Jan 30, 2013
bartholen said:
Der Grosse Snip.
Nope, even Korra Tres couldn't change my opinion. But hey, great to hear at least someone of the Avatar-fans enjoyed it.

Actually, most fans seems to have no issues with Korra. Huh.

Anyway, that marathon sounds like a blast, hope you enjoy it!

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Talk about anything? Sure, I'll give it a go. I want to talk about how much I love you guys. People, I mean, and the denizens of this little corner of the internet specifically. Even when I disagree with people to the point of heated debate, I imagine the humanity of the person I'm conversing with. Imagine them, in all their human glory; flawed but respectable, a nice person really, someone who holds a different opinion but who's mind is flush with thoughts and concerns and ideas. I love that. I love the minds and bodies of people. I love that we think and act and add beauty and culture to the world.

I love the pleasure I get from other people. You all stimulate me. That may sound a bit odd, but I really do mean it. I'm excited by being so close to other's thoughts. Who are you and what do you think? Who am I and why do I think the way I do? I love speaking with you all, sharing our ideas in a great pool of companionship. Sometimes it's awkward, unnerving or mean spirited, but that's all human too.

You, denizens of The Escapist are cool, you're slick, you're geeky and nerdy, witty and smart, silly and grumpy. You taste sweet and sour, savory, succulent. You, denizens of The Escapist are beautiful, and I love you.

Sincerely,

Gorrath

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Movitz said:
bartholen said:
Der Grosse Snip.
Nope, even Korra Tres couldn't change my opinion. But hey, great to hear at least someone of the Avatar-fans enjoyed it.

Actually, most fans seems to have no issues with Korra. Huh.

Anyway, that marathon sounds like a blast, hope you enjoy it!
It is nice to see someone who is of the same opinion as me as I am also very much in the don't like it but glad someone does category. Whenever I have talked about LoK and said that I don't like it I have noticed that most people get very defensive and start explaining to me why I am wrong for not liking it for any number of reasons.

I don't like the show because I have felt underwhelmed by the plot and I either don't care about or outright dislike all of the characters with the exception of Tensin and Asami, and they are not enough of a reason to keep watching. That seems perfectly reasonable to me but apparently that is not a good enough answer and I am wrong. Who knew :)

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
If you're looking to get away from a certain topic, ranting about it in the first post is a pretty bad idea. Just saying.

Moving on....

Movitz said:
After being disapointed with Legend of Korra, I started rewatching Last Airbender.

Gosh darn do I love the sense of wonder that series have.
I just recently read "The Promise" and "The Search," and it made me quite nostalgic for TLA. I'm going to have to re-watch the series soon.

Of course, I just picked up Stargate Atlantis in an Amazon DotD, so I'ma have to watch that first.

MerlinCross

Apr 22, 2011
Playing a lot of Terraria as of late. Finally got some friends and a server. Also picke up some Ducktales DVDs so those will be fun to watch/listen to.

Woo hoo!

leberkaese

May 16, 2014
I recently started watching Steins;Gate. One of... 4 anime I watched in the last ~5 years. It seems to be pretty good, I like the main character a lot.

The others have been Black Lagoon, Attack on Titan and Melancholy of Haruhi Suz... Suzi... Suzim... the Melancholy of that weird girl. I kind of liked all of them.

Ramzal

Jun 24, 2011
I tend to fail more often than I succeed in my goals in life, but I keep trying anyway. I'm either a glutton for punishment, or determined to make something work where I have no inherent talent/potential towards. Oh well, more studying ahoy.

Captain Anon

Mar 5, 2012
so I just finished Sleeping Dogs and it being a great game especially since it gave me some new music to listen while I write this, but anyway I'm thinking about getting "Year Of The Snake" and "The Zodiac Tournament" as I already have "Nightmare in North Point" and have completed it just a wonder.

Leonardo Huizar

Jul 1, 2012
Im trying to start up my own Lets Play channel. So far some video errors with stammering, but ive resolved the audio issues. Also Youtube's upload dealy reminds me how i cant effing wait for Google fiber to get here. Maybe planning to make and edit the videos, save them up, and just crank them out online when i can get to it.

Im also in the middle of a training regiment so I can work as a Fire Fighter. But Ive recently received a lingering work injury in both arms which is limiting me to running, uphill walking, back, and leg work. Alternatively im considering looking up on Rescue Drones and see if i can get into training for that as work just in case.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Looking for those pesky Gold Bolts in Ratchet & Clank. In all I think I've wasted something like two hours in Aridia alone. Hey, at least I'm farming bolts. The RYNO isn't going to buy itself.

Cidward

Jul 7, 2014
I am so happy to see a thread like this that I'm de-lurking to post in it. Really nice idea.

I've been revisiting old friends. I'm doing a second play-through of the Mass Effect series (half-way through 2 right now), and trying to uncover everything I missed the first time through. It's just as much of a free-time drain as it was when I played it in the past, but I'm enjoying it very much.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Elfgore said:
I'm also pretty excited that The Walking Dead season 4 is coming to Netflix this month. I've heard it's the best season so far.
It was pretty damn awesome besides the shitty ending. But you know how it is: birds fly, droolers tweet the latest trends and The Walking Dead season finales have shit endings.

OT: I already said this in another thread so I won't list them again, but I had quite the enjoyable summer catching up on a boat load of 21st Century Superhero Movies. I also learned that I don't mind stiff acting so long as it fit the character (cough cough).

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
RaikuFA said:
Trying to get followers on Twitter so I have an excuse to use it.

3 years and 0 followers.
Not even any of those spam followers? Wow, you are unlucky 0.o

OT: I've been playing Ridiculous Fishing today, simple but pretty fun :-D

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Finally made myself sit down and play ME3, and so far loving it... though hit a speedbump as my disc 2 has a pretty nasty scratch on it from the 360, and neither the toothpaste trick or the lip balms trick helped (but Argos seems to be selling it for £8 free delivery, so won't be waiting too long to get back to kicking cerberus out of the citadel)

Also enjoying the multiplayer in small doses, though really wish whoever decided the only way to buy guns is through a gachapon mechanic (complete with micro-transactions option) got some karmic payback. (though kinda got lucky and scored My Precious Locust a couple of games back, so a touch mellower hehe)

shirkbot

Apr 15, 2013
I overheard a little girl complaining that the toy store only had Duplo instead of Lego, thus proving that every living creature rightly hates Duplo. Also that that little girl has the best parents in the universe.

giles

Feb 1, 2009
Someone recommended "Muv-Luv" as the best VN they've ever read but so far it's all about this "moe" bullshit character shouting "baka" all the time. Kinda annoyed with it so time to continue the Prince of Persia series I guess.
I'll give it another shot later, though, because another VN I read, CROSS?CHANNEL, started of similarly stupid but then turned into this fucking amazing story. Insanity, guilt, mass murder, rape, irreversibility, knowing what's right but being unable to do anything about it and how human connections affect our mental state. All that awesomely crazy shit, but they chose to set it in a high school for some reason.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Well I've been playing the crap out of World of Tanks lately. I have also had an itch to play Borderlands 2, but I'm missing one bad ass skills that I want to get before starting a second play though with my commando that would be a pain to get on my own. I've also been playing co-op with a few other Escapist, but one of the people I've been playing with is either too busy playing Dark Souls 2 or has to get off after only an hour or two so it makes it really hard to get very far.(you know who you are)

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
Let's see, what have I done?

Well me and my friends moved into our new house and had a little housing warming with a few friends around the area last night. But I won't be fully moved up till I need to register for my university courses for my final year in 2 weeks time, so until then, I need to finish up summer work back at home to earn a bit of money. Also I'll be heading to Tweed fest with my friends on the weekend which is a heavy metal concert and if possible, I would to meet a girl there, hopefully anyway. And on a final note, I'm getting back into Skyrim again, I blame my friends.

RiseUp

Jan 31, 2014
I recently started school at the University of Dayton, where I really feel at home after just 2 weeks. I'm starting to think this might be one of the best schools in the country.

I'm slowly but surely teaching myself how to use Unity, which I'm using to make a survival/adventure/dialogue/horror game set on Mars. I recently became a registered Nintendo developer (saying any more would breach my non-disclosure agreement) and I'm really excited to get publishing!