The satisfying weapon you've used in a game recently

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
I don't know if it's more a vehicle or a weapon, but the T-34 soviet tank in Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad. The growl of the diesel engine and crack of it's guns are quite satisfying.

AlbertoDeSanta

Sep 19, 2012
I'd have to say The Terrible Shotgun in Fallout 3. Damn is that thing satisfying (Basically, any Shotgun is in Fallout 3).

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
The recurve bow in Far Cry 3. Fucking impossible to get used to at first, but then once you do, nothing can stop you.
In the same game, the Japanese tanto you get for collecting enough letters. Hunting the Golden Tiger was a lot of fun using those two weapons.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
I recently got Scribblenauts Unlimited - I've had altogether too much fun since I figured out that "fire-breathing" is an adjective you can apply to anything.

My weapon of choice for wreaking havoc on the world is a fire-breathing bunny.

vortalism

Dec 15, 2011
Grimlock as himself in Fall of Cybertron. Everything needs more Grimlock.

--If I had to pick a particular weapon, then it'd be Grimlock's badass energy sword thing. Although I wouldn't dare call it just a sword, that'd do him (and it) an injustice.

Or maybe his Jaws..

Hexadeximal

Jan 28, 2011
The Gear's Lancer. Always and forever. There is nothing more satisfying than letting it tear through a grub and walking through the chunks it leaves behind.

Saika Renegade

Nov 18, 2009
While returning to the Mojave, I made a point of picking up a GRA anti-materiel rifle as soon as was feasible.

Pulling the trigger and watching lakelurks and deathclaws eat a quarter-pound of 'screw you' or get turned into giblet gravy was very gratifying after many levels of frustration and frantic dodging/running.

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
The most satisfying weapon I've used in a game recently would be Fulcrum Torpedos in Evochron Mercenary.

What's that? There's like ten enemy ships and two capital ships intent on raining hell on me? Lemme just cloak for a second and get far enough away before I launch one of my eight screen clearing nukes that have an explosion that can be seen from clear across the sector.

Countdown from 10, then watch the torpedo go out. Wait for it...ka-BOOOOOOM. And then everything is dead.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Been playing Dark Souls and Armored Core V. Satisfying in Dark Souls is basically any riposte or backstab, but particularly the Uchigatana and Bandit's Knife. Uchigatana is also very satisfying just with R2 attacks and upward slices, and causing bleed on the drakes in Valley of the Drakes is just awesome. Also headshots with arrows that cause the foe to go flying, Emit Force on enemies that will die from the impact alone, and Fire Orb/Combustion.

For ACV, the Mahaon pulse gun if it's the killing blow. It's a monster but it wrecks your EN, so to get a shot off and on target is really satisfying.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
Most recently would be the binary rifle in Halo 4, mostly because of the fact it is extremely OP and playing the campaign on Legendary lead to numerous frustrating deaths as the enemy predicts exactly where I am and when I am going to run out of cover. So really, the satisfaction came from using it on the buggers that use it on me.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
In XCOM I always got excited when the Plasma Sniper Rifle was ready to fire.

It looks like it hurts.

sh1v3rs

Jan 7, 2013
The 'stick gun' of Painkiller (forgot it's real name).
Nailing demons to a wall and trying to crucify them, or nailing them (no dirty joke intended) in weird poses in the process of killing them. Satisfying and fun!

EDIT: It seems its name is the "Stake Gun". Here's a picture [http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/painkiller_041204_009_1081824405.jpg] of it.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
The obvious answer is the explosive arrows in Far Cry 3. By far the most satisfying and frankly overpowered weapon I've used in a game recently.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
C4 in BF3. Only really satisfying because of the challenge of rushing a tank, sticking a few packs on-board, and sprinting away. Extra satisfying if you use a shotgun to set it off so the game says you used a shotgun to kill a tank. Plus, you know, general C4 multi-player shenanigans like dropping it on campers.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
The Moonlight Greatsword in Dark Souls. It's just a lot of fun to use. XD

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
The Sticky Detonator from Halo 4.

Best damn weapon since they introduced the Spartan Laser.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
The R.Y.N.O V, it's blatantly overpowered they did not try to balance this thing. That said it's so satisfying to use. That or the Groovitron. Or the Negotiator.

Beat14

Jun 27, 2010
I really love the throwing knives in Metro 2033.

Another that springs to mind is the Nail gun from Fear, sure the slo mo might have something to do with it, but I loved that thing. I haven't even played the fear series for 10+ hours or even recently but I remember that. I suddenly feel quite distasteful.