The satisfying weapon you've used in a game recently

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
The bonewheel shields of Dark Souls. I like the whole concept and the silly weapons are one of the main reasons why i prefer Dark souls to Demon Souls.

Judgment90

Sep 4, 2012
The Annihilator from Saints Row 2.

Nothing satisfies me more than the fact that my rockets can actually HIT their target.

Has saved my ass in countless missions.

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
Not recently, but I totally dig those war hammers from Amalur. They're big and ponderous, and they feel like it. I like the attack animations with it, because it showcases a sense of weight and that punch it packs.

Recently though, I would say flintlock pistol from Dishonored was good, It felt really great and carried a lot of punch.

Also, honorable mention goes to the weapons from Prey. Those were fun looking, and I liked their animations as well.

ascorbius

Numberwanger
Nov 18, 2009
janjotat said:
The modified gravity gun at the end of Half-life 2. You tear through combine soldiers like they're made of paper. That part was sooo much fun
This!. The fact that you had a gravity gun and throughout the entire game but was only useful for moving objects like barrels and sawblades, to have it modified into the pinnacle of badass gave such a feeling of raw power. It was the only gun I ever wanted afterwards.. I was gutted in HL2Ep1&2 that it had gone back to normal.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Violator[xL said:
]
sextus the crazy said:
the jagdtiger in company of heroes: blitzkreig mod. where is your god now.
Found him!

Touche, Stalin. Still, no soviets in the Blitzkreig mod. Granted, the Jagdtiger's armor is so thick that aircraft bombs bounce off, so the IS-3 still gunna have tough competition.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Burning that weed field with a flamethrower, with this track playing in the background, while Jason is gradually being affected by the fumes and making stoner comments.

Was probably the most satisfying and most fun I've had in a long time :D
I was wondering about that through the whole sequence. With all the weed on fire, I was surprise no-one just dropped their guns and piled in the nearest car to go in search of munchies. Still, that was probably the best fight I've been in in a game. The music and the fact that Jason was high as fuck makes it all the better.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
adamsaccount said:
Man is farcry 3 a great game, hunting sharks with explosive tipped arrows had to be the best for me
You use weapons? I just go bumper-hunting and run the damn things down with patrol boats! Overkill, maybe, but this is coming from someone who decided to hunt komodos with the GL-94.

LiMaSaRe

Mar 6, 2012
InsaneOne10 said:
I can say most of the weapons in Chivalry are satisfying but something between the animation and the way ragdolls were reacting made the spear fantastic in the last couple games I played.
I was going to say this too. Who even uses other weapons?

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Burning that weed field with a flamethrower, with this track playing in the background, while Jason is gradually being affected by the fumes and making stoner comments.

Was probably the most satisfying and most fun I've had in a long time :D
Ninja'd, that was the most awesome moment i had in gaming in a long time, i didn't even care if i would die, i just rushed them thinking 'burn m***********s, burn!'.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Recently? Hmmm... Maybe the 152 mm cannon on my KV-2 in "World of Tanks"

Explanation: It is a "sawed off" Level 10 gun on a Level 6 Tank (10 is max). It has an Explosive damage value of (i think) 950 HP +/- 25%... The tank itself has 860 HP... which is much at that level. You can easily meet people in a battle who have like 300 HP and not enough armour to even have chance at reducing that impact.

It is just funny to insta-explode people, sending them off with three criticaly destroyed systems (Not that it is important, seeing they are DEAD... but hey, they will have a higher repair-bill) Also even tanks 2 levels higher than you will fear your sudden appearence behind a house *g*

Gecko clown

Mar 28, 2011
Any weapon from Hotline Miami. The horrific violence and visceral sound effects just satisfy some strange homicidal urge in me.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Used recently? Well, I've been replaying the old Serious Sam games, and pretty much EVERY weapon in those games are satisfying to use, save for maybe the knife.
I mean, come on! You get a minigun that looks like it belongs on a helicopter rather than in someone's hand!
You get a freaking cannon! Not like a rocket launcher, a freaking ship's cannon that shoots giant cannonballs!
You get a weapon that is essentially a handheld atomic bomb!

Blue_screen

Aug 28, 2009
Probably the spear in Chilvalry: Medieval Warfare. It is extremely satisfying to fend off an multiple enemies with quick jabs, waiting for their swings to strike.

doomspore98

May 24, 2011
The flamethrower mission in far cry 3. I was usually a stealth guy, but in that mission I just ran in with moletovs and the flamethrower.

the anti material rifle in Fallout New Vegas was possibly the most fun I've every had with a sniper rifle. Especially if you set it so that whenever you got a final kill it slowed down but didn't follow the bullet.

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
The Blades of Chaos from God of War. Actually, all of the chain blades that Kratos gets are satisfying, with the Blades of Athena being my personal favorite, but the Blades of Chaos is the weapon that I used recently.