The scariest music in video gaming

Lord Devius

Aug 5, 2010
Blemontea said:
Wait, you just read the story about it? If so then I CHALLENGE you to watch the actual game footage! its even creepier.
I read it and watched the game footage that was posted for each update. *shiver* Yeeesh, some guy has too much time. Or rather he did, then realized once it got popular that he couldn't keep up with money and stuff for his site.

...Yeah. I love it and it's creeeepy. Reversed Song of Healing is a trigger for uneasiness now.

TraderJimmy

Apr 17, 2010
The Madman said:
I'm sorry, the correct answers were the soundtrack to American McGee's Alice by Chris Vrenna and the original Diablo soundtrack.

In all honesty listening to the soundtrack for both games while alone and in the dark, late at night as it is right now, I'm getting chills! Nice!
DUDE

Play them ALL AT ONCE! DO IT NOW!

It is amazingly freaky.

NewYork_Comedian

Nov 28, 2009
KaosuHamoni said:

Adds so much tension to the game.
Oh hell yes, some of the music game in really ramped up the "oh shit" factor in those intense moments of terror.

Although i kinda agree that sometimes when its without music, the game is scarier, like the first ten minutes of the Arcadia level, oh those first ten minutes of the Arcadia level.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
It's by no means the scariest theme from any game I've played, but this music reminds of when the Flood were an unknown enemy, unstoppable and utterly inhuman:

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
ANything from Silent Hill 2 or System Shock 2. Especially the Silent moments in System Shock 2...scares the shit outa me

Peabob

Apr 11, 2009
The original resident evil. People really forget how amazing the soundtrack is. Just having footsteps reverberating around a huge empty space was pretty ahead of it's time in 1995.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
The ps1 soundtrack to Doom is quite creepy. It's all mostly atmospheric with wailing or odd noises like scratching or growling.

Flauros

Mar 2, 2010
so many choices....spin the wheel, take a pick.....

[youtube.com=snFxA_JAcQQ]

[youtube.com=cIZlIQKquNk]

[youtube.com=1h45R3n8VlY]

[youtube.com=wdaSeHaWHrs]