The scary thread

Razavn

Jun 2, 2009
Marmooset said:
Mcupobob said:
Post up scary stories/pics/ or videos or make one.
OK - mine pale in comparison to most of the items on this thread, but they are homegrown (mine), and one is very real:
When I was young, there was a large sugar maple outside my window, approximately two houses and one street away. Directly behind it stood a streetlight positioned at just the proper angle to shine right through my window to the head of my bed. The effect of this was to cast the tree in a sharp relief, so that on even the most moonless nights, its outline was distiinctly defined.

This was unfortunate, the uppermost branches of the tree came together to form what in my mind appeared to be the profile of a great demonic head, the glow of the lamp's bulb uncannily piercing through where the eye should be.

It more or less retained its shape on all but the most blustery of nights - in fact, a light breeze would make it laugh, gnash its teeth, or mutter soundlessly to itself. And, invariably, it stared directly at me, the upturned gap in the branches where its mouth should be smiling in a quiet promise.
It would get me. Maybe not this night, or the next, or even this year. But it had the patience of the tree it inhabited, and could wait.

Moving my bed never occurred to me - in fact, I vaguely recall thinking that if I wasn't where I could stare back at it, it could come closer without my knowing. I'd toyed with the idea of busting the streetlight, but I was too young to dare that kind of vandalism. And again, it would leave me merely unable to see my nemesis.

In any event, these were actions that seemed silly and unimportant during the day, and only mattered when I was unable to pursue them, as I was on my watch. My only respite was winter, when the face grew skeletal, then faded into dry sticks. But spring would return, and every leaf would grow back ? just so. The face was back to stare, laugh, and promise.

One year ? think when I was about 10, the city widened the street that ran past my house. The tree was marked, a day-glo slash spray painted across its trunk.

It was to be a casualty.
I was ecstatic. For the next couple of weeks, I was more vigilant than ever at night, and I scoffed openly at the tree in the safety of day. I was less than gracious in victory.

Then it was gone, sliced cleanly less than a foot off the ground. I didn?t even see where the remnants went, being at school at the time. The stump soon followed as the road crews moved in, and it was like it had never been. The streetlight, unfiltered, forced my to finally move my bed, fatigue accomplishing what fear had failed to do.

In the years that followed, changes came to my life ? nothing others haven?t gone through ? but tough changes nonetheless. I gradually began to wonder, as brooding grew and innocence dissipated, if perhaps when the tree was cut down, the demon had not been destroyed with it.

Maybe it had simply been set free.
OK let?s start with a scary personal experience:

I?m about 8, and walking to the movies with my sister and her friends. We?re going down our town?s main road, and ? being the youngest in the group by about 3 years, not to mention a little jerk ? I?m running out ahead of the rest of the group by a good 20 yards.

Suddenly, a boxy blue sedan makes a screeching left turn into the intersection just ahead of me, and comes to a halt. The driver opens the door. He is a large, fleshy, mustached man in his late 30?s ? mid 40?s (at my age, everyone looks old). He glares at me, and says, ?Get in.?

That?s it. No lure, no offer of candy, no niceties at all. So it doesn?t really click. The closest thing I can recall thinking is ?This guy?s bossy, he?s grumpy, he looks mean. He must be a friend of my dad?s. Maybe I?m in trouble for being out here.?

Somebody yells ?NO!!!?

Then, a pair of arms wrap around me from behind. Jenny Fiorello(not her real name), my sister?s best friend (not to mention my number one crush in the 5 or so years following this episode), has grabbed me from behind. It is at this point in time I realize that I had actually taken 4 or 5 steps forward, and was practically in reach of the driver. He just needs to step out.

He sizes both of us up for too long a time. Then, looking at the rest of the group of kids coming up behind us, he slams his door, and peels off.

We go home and tell the folks. Actually, as it was in the days before Hardcopy and Fox-Style news, I think we went to the movie first, and then told my parents. They showed mild interest, but didn?t pursue it further. Being little kids, we pretty much forgot about it as well.

But as I grew up, the episode haunted me with two possibilities:
If I had gotten in, where would I be now? Would I be now?
And, since I didn?t report it, who was the next child to get in?
And how many more were there that got in afterward?

Now, it may be my brain trying to fit unlike puzzle pieces together, but it doesn?t help that my recollection of the man very much resembles someone I?ve seen since - both in newspapers and in books?
That would indeed be frightening to anyone...(the 2nd story)

I used to be terrified of a lot of stuff too...so much infact that I would hate to stay home alone...now...i just don't care and I enjoy solitude...

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
Mcupobob said:
Marmooset said:
Mcupobob said:
OK - mine pale in comparison to most of the items on this thread, but they are homegrown (mine), and one is very real:
When I was young, there was a large sugar maple outside my window, approximately two houses and one street away. Directly behind it stood a streetlight positioned at just the proper angle to shine right through my window to the head of my bed. The effect of this was to cast the tree in a sharp relief, so that on even the most moonless nights, its outline was distiinctly defined.

This was unfortunate, the uppermost branches of the tree came together to form what in my mind appeared to be the profile of a great demonic head, the glow of the lamp's bulb uncannily piercing through where the eye should be.

It more or less retained its shape on all but the most blustery of nights - in fact, a light breeze would make it laugh, gnash its teeth, or mutter soundlessly to itself. And, invariably, it stared directly at me, the upturned gap in the branches where its mouth should be smiling in a quiet promise.
It would get me. Maybe not this night, or the next, or even this year. But it had the patience of the tree it inhabited, and could wait.

Moving my bed never occurred to me - in fact, I vaguely recall thinking that if I wasn't where I could stare back at it, it could come closer without my knowing. I'd toyed with the idea of busting the streetlight, but I was too young to dare that kind of vandalism. And again, it would leave me merely unable to see my nemesis.

In any event, these were actions that seemed silly and unimportant during the day, and only mattered when I was unable to pursue them, as I was on my watch. My only respite was winter, when the face grew skeletal, then faded into dry sticks. But spring would return, and every leaf would grow back ? just so. The face was back to stare, laugh, and promise.

One year ? think when I was about 10, the city widened the street that ran past my house. The tree was marked, a day-glo slash spray painted across its trunk.

It was to be a casualty.
I was ecstatic. For the next couple of weeks, I was more vigilant than ever at night, and I scoffed openly at the tree in the safety of day. I was less than gracious in victory.

Then it was gone, sliced cleanly less than a foot off the ground. I didn?t even see where the remnants went, being at school at the time. The stump soon followed as the road crews moved in, and it was like it had never been. The streetlight, unfiltered, forced my to finally move my bed, fatigue accomplishing what fear had failed to do.

In the years that followed, changes came to my life ? nothing others haven?t gone through ? but tough changes nonetheless. I gradually began to wonder, as brooding grew and innocence dissipated, if perhaps when the tree was cut down, the demon had not been destroyed with it.

I?m about 8, and walking to the movies with my sister and her friends. We?re going down our town?s main road, and ? being the youngest in the group by about 3 years, not to mention a little jerk ? I?m running out ahead of the rest of the group by a good 20 yards.

Suddenly, a boxy blue sedan makes a screeching left turn into the intersection just ahead of me, and comes to a halt. The driver opens the door. He is a large, fleshy, mustached man in his late 30?s ? mid 40?s (at my age, everyone looks old). He glares at me, and says, ?Get in.?

That?s it. No lure, no offer of candy, no niceties at all. So it doesn?t really click. The closest thing I can recall thinking is ?This guy?s bossy, he?s grumpy, he looks mean. He must be a friend of my dad?s. Maybe I?m in trouble for being out here.?

Somebody yells ?NO!!!?

Then, a pair of arms wrap around me from behind. Jenny Fiorello(not her real name), my sister?s best friend (not to mention my number one crush in the 5 or so years following this episode), has grabbed me from behind. It is at this point in time I realize that I had actually taken 4 or 5 steps forward, and was practically in reach of the driver. He just needs to step out.

He sizes both of us up for too long a time. Then, looking at the rest of the group of kids coming up behind us, he slams his door, and peels off.

We go home and tell the folks. Actually, as it was in the days before Hardcopy and Fox-Style news, I think we went to the movie first, and then told my parents. They showed mild interest, but didn?t pursue it further. Being little kids, we pretty much forgot about it as well.

Now, it may be my brain trying to fit unlike puzzle pieces together, but it doesn?t help that my recollection of the man very much resembles someone I?ve seen since - both in newspapers and in books?
Damn those were scary!Felt authentic and genuine. Also was it really true about the second story? And if so who does he remind you of?
Thanks, man!
And yup, it's true. And at the risk of showing myself for a geezer, he looked kind like this:

But without the mustache. I think he may have been in jail for sometime at that point, though.

There's a somewhat similar scene in the beginning of Mystic River, and I really don't like that movie. Go figure.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Marmooset said:
Mcupobob said:
Marmooset said:
Mcupobob said:

It was to be a casualty.

Somebody yells ?NO!!!?

Damn those were scary!Felt authentic and genuine. Also was it really true about the second story? And if so who does he remind you of?
Thanks, man!
And yup, it's true. And at the risk of showing myself for a geezer, he looked kind like this:

But without the mustache. I think he may have been in jail for sometime at that point, though.

There's a somewhat similar scene in the beginning of Mystic River, and I really don't like that movie. Go figure.
I really doubt it was John Wayne Gacy himself, but that's still a pretty freaky story right there

vaderaider

Nov 2, 2009
PurpleSky said:
S.R.S. said:
Go to ED and search creepy pasta.

You ... BASTARD!Almost gave me a heart atack!
Can you tell me what it is in a private message please, Judging from other peoples comments I'm way to scared to go on it.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
S.R.S. said:

JESUS!!

Not thats a cheap shot man but you did get a jump scare out of me.

OT:...Cant think of anything my blood still needs to defrost.

REALLY OT: The slender man myth kept me up at night until i found the site where he was made, cant remember it now. That squidward one was just wrong

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
vaderaider said:
PurpleSky said:
S.R.S. said:

You ... BASTARD!Almost gave me a heart atack!
Can you tell me what it is in a private message please, Judging from other peoples comments I'm way to scared to go on it.
I second this. I am too much of a pansy to look at it myself. Someone PM me what it looks like.

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
reg42 said:
I really doubt it was John Wayne Gacy himself, but that's still a pretty freaky story right there
Oh, I seriously doubt it as well. Possibly not even a killer. Maybe he mistook me for his rotten kid.

My thought - which I find unsettling - is that the two may have a shared genetic type (for lack of a better term), and are not all that uncommon.
To this I posit how many people vanish each year, and how the serial killers that have been caught have all made at least one really stupid, stupid mistake somewhere along the line.

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Mmmmmmmm, why am I not getting scared until now?
OT: Well, I do not have anything to contribute, as I haven't yet been creepily and scared.
There is one video though. Look "Sweet Dreams (Are made of These) by Marilyn Manson in You Tube, watch the official video and there's a probability that you'll be creepy by far. Probably one of the few videos I couldn't keep watching because of that. But I did finish seeing it though.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
vaderaider said:
Mr.Mattress said:
I second this. I am too much of a pansy to look at it myself. Someone PM me what it looks like.
It's a .gif. It's a really long post which you read and then a face jumps out at you. It's a cheap shot of note.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
Khaiseri said:
Mmmmmmmm, why am I not getting scared until now?
OT: Well, I do not have anything to contribute, as I haven't yet been creepily and scared.
There is one video though. Look "Sweet Dreams (Are made of These) by Marilyn Manson in You Tube, watch the official video and there's a probability that you'll be creepy by far. Probably one of the few videos I couldn't keep watching because of that. But I did finish seeing it though.
Oh yeah! Try this one on for size.

For those of you on the verg of insanity right now and need a little relief

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
reg42 said:
vaderaider said:
Mr.Mattress said:
It's a .gif. It's a really long post which you read and then a face jumps out at you. It's a cheap shot of note.
Oh, that's it? I saw that once already.

ars731

Nov 10, 2006
have you ever heard the story about the Ohio Player's song Love Rollercoaster. in the middle of the song, theres a loud scream. the scream is the sound of a woman being murdered. the women was the model on the cover, but she got into a dispute with the band's manager over her payment while the band was recording the song. the manager then stabbed her and it was captured on tape and the band put into the song as a sick tribute. its a true story

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
S.R.S. said:

No. Just no. I removed the link for your sake. You can thank me now.
"DON'T EVER CROSS ME AGAIN!"

Jesus.... no way I'm gonna' top that... Good god...

...I hate you still.

Scary... hm... let's see...

Twistedx_99

Mar 4, 2010
Contun said:
Do you know how much I hate you right now? I thought I had forgotten about that god awful thing! I'm going to go sob in a corner now...

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
Twistedx_99 said:
Contun said:
Do you know how much I hate you right now? I thought I had forgotten about that god awful thing! I'm going to go sob in a corner now...
ANOTHER FALLS!

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
dragon_of_red said:
<url=http://www.angelfire.com/trek/caver/page1.html>Teds Caving Story is about a person who finds an unexplored cave, and tried to explore it. Really interesting, Written in his perspective from a 'Caving Diary'. Its really good.
I've read that one before, it's bloody brilliant ;D

It's assured me that i'll never go caving, ever!