The scary thread

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Tdc2182 said:

Behold

Tobuscus
I was actually kind of scared watching that. Then I laughed because it wasn't what I thought it was.

LastMondaysHangover said:
U71L7Y_F0RMUL4 said:
S.R.S. said:
Go to ED and search creepy pasta.

Well done, that did give me quite a shock. I even swore a bit at that one.
I'm too chicken-shit to find out, what is it?
You do know that chicken-shit is a term in the military for an unfair officer/drill sergeant etc right?

Dec 14, 2008
Tdc2182 said:

Behold

Tobuscus
That creeped me out. Not the story, but the fact that I clicked on it to create a window of the youtube page, which usually pauses the video. Instead the video continued and it created this freaky echo that I was not expecting.

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
Haseo21 said:
Have I got a story for you!
The Slit-mouth Women.....Kuchisake-onna

During the feudal era of Japan, a Samuri suspected that his very attractive wife was sleeping with another man (she wasnt). He cut the sides of her mouth to reach the bottom of each ear (she was given a Glasgow Smile). Present day-Her ghost wanders the cities of Eastern Asia. She appears to you if you are alone at night wearing fashionable clothes and a surgical mask to hide the cuts. She will ask people if she is pretty, most people reply yes, she will take of the surgical mask and ask if shed is still pretty......most cases they will reply no. She will then proceed to cut your mouth like hers with scissors or follow you and kill you on your doorstep. In other renditions, it is said if you reply yes after she takes the surgical mask off, she will give you a blood-soaked ruby.
Detailed story on Wikiped (my word fo wikipedia) :D
I would still say shes pretty, it seems like saying no would be insulting and I don't like insulting creepy people.

Dr.Poisonfreak

Apr 6, 2009
The phone rings. I run to get it, thinking it may be my dad, coming to rescue me from Myrlie's house and tell me everything about Elizabeth and then everything would be alright. Mom would stop crying, Elizabeth would just be some girl Mom knew during childhood, and everything would be alright.

I finally reach the phone. "Oh, Elizabeth!" the person on the other end cries. It's not my dad. It's mom.

"Mom? This is Bethany. Not Elizabeth."

"Oh, Elizabeth, you silly girl! Is this one of your made up aliases? Listen, Elizabeth, I've called to say good-bye."

"Mom? This isn't Elizabeth. This is Bethany. What are you talking about?"

"Elizabeth! I know you're a little doped up on the medicine the hospital's been giving you. Ever since the crash I've been knowing exactly what would happen."

"Mom, you're scaring me, please," I beg. But mom will not listen.

"I wanted to say good-bye, to tell you that I loved you, even though you're not the same, and that you will be with us again soon after you...pass away."

"Mom? Is that you? Mom, please! Tell me what you're talking about!" I cry

"We've saved some of your cells, and we'll make an exact copy of you. There are only a few left so the next one will have to be the last. It'll be like it never even happened, Lizzy!" Joy is amidst in her voice.

There was a long silence on the phone. "What do you mean?" I whisper.

"Oh, Elizabeth, you'll be alive once more, you'll look exactly the same. So will Mommy and Daddy. Your thirteenth birthday has come, and you will die tonight, just like all the others. I love you so much, sweetie. Myrlie will give you your poison, then the next one will can be started." Then she hangs up, leaving me with the haunting monotone "boooop" noise.

My heart is racing. I hear Myrlie's footsteps. I skirt out of the kitchen and run out front. That's when I notice that the doormat is gone. Written in chalk in all capital letters is: "BETHANY: Place of figs; a town of resurrection." Then, "DIGISPUR CLONING."

The next feeling I feel is a piercing ache, silver bullet in the brain.

"Oh, she's beautiful, what will you name her?" the nurse says.

"I don't know. I have a good feeling about this one, perhaps Elizabeth."

Have you ever had an experience that suggested someone else was in your house, and just thought ?I don?t wanna know? and left it? Sometimes, fear of the unknown just seems like the preferable option than facing a real, concrete danger. Normally it?s nothing, though. One time, the beeper function of my wireless housephone went off, when I was the only one home. It could only be called from the living room. Another time, I swear someone took some change from my desk. They?re all probably just slightly disconcerting tricks of the memory.

But what would you do when something truly suggestive happens? Would you run, or just ignore it, like I did?

Last Monday was a normal day. I got up, brushed my teeth, changed into school clothes? All little parts of my morning ritual. It seemed like it would be another totally un-noteworthy day, until I saw the strings.

There were three or four thick twine strings in my room. They criss-crossed between the walls around my bed, one attached to the door. No way would I have missed them before; I should have tripped over them. They were tied to pins in the walls, which had also not existed before ten seconds ago.

Nobody could have been in my room while I was in it, let alone set this up. It was early, and my brain wasn?t processing correctly. I simply discredited the sight, untied the strings and left for school, leaving them balled up on my desk.

It didn?t get any better later. Outside my house there were hundreds of them, tied between houses, around cars, across streets? This had to be some super elaborate prank. One of those hidden camera shows, or a comedy improv blog. They had gotten everyone else to play along too; passer-bys were tangled in them, tying them to objects they were walking towards and away from, as if they had been and were continuing to follow the course laid out for them.

I nervously continued my journey to school. On the bus, every except me was tied to the door. At school, groups of friends were tied to each other; teachers were tied to their desks and boards. Oddly enough, at this point all I could wonder was why I had been left out.

When my friend Lucy sat beside me in first period, she simply plonked her bag down on my lap and rested her chin in her hand, looking right past me to the window outside.

?Hey Lucy.?

No response.

?Come on, I didn?t expect you to be in on this too. ?

She sighed and started taking books from her bag. All the books were tied to her hands. I grinned, and yanked one of the strings off a book. She didn?t seem to notice, instead simply disregarding the book completely, letting it drop to the floor without a moment?s hesitation.

?Um.? I leaned down, picking up her book and placing it back on her desk. She took no notice.

?Well, if that?s how we?re gonna play it.? I smiled, trying to look playful, but really just trying to hide my nervousness. I bundled all the strings attached to her together with one hand, then pulled them all free.
She blinked, turning to stare at me.

?Holy crap, Martin. You?re like a ninja or something.?

?I?ve been sitting here for maybe ten minutes.? I smiled again, relieved my friend had finally ?noticed? me.

?Where did all these strings come from??? She gasped, seemingly noticing for the first time.
?I assumed you were all fucking with me??

She stood up, backing into a corner. No one else in the class noticed.

?They weren?t here just a minute ago! Do you see them too??? Her tone made it clear she was genuinely scared.

?No. Didn?t you-. ? I was interrupted by my teacher slamming the door behind her. Everyone except me and Lucy murmured a good morning, and still, no one seemed to pay either of us any notice.
?People have been ignoring me all day.? I said to Lucy, before turning to our teacher. ?Hey! Dumb *****! You can?t teach for shit!?

No reaction.

?I?m getting away from all this shit.? Lucy pulled a few strings aside and left the class. I followed, and surprise-surprise, no one else noticed.

We wandered the corridors, leaving and entering classes as we saw fit. Whenever we untied a chair or book from someone else, it was like it suddenly didn?t matter to them. It didn?t exist.

I showed her the street outside; there were more strings than when I came in this morning. Twice as many. We carefully picked our way through the tangle, making our way to a nearby coffee shop. Not particularly grand, I know. But what would you do in our situation? As I said, fear of the unknown sometimes seems like the safer option. On a few occasions, I suggested we untie a few more people. Lucy was opposed to it, remembering how terrified she?d been.

In the coffee shop, we grabbed a couple of sandwiches and drinks from the fridge. We found a table, untied all strings attached to the chairs, and sat down. We both ate in silence, both of us too scared, both of us distracting ourselves by watching the strangers in the shop, oblivious to the strings.
After twenty minutes, Lucy spoke up. ?Now she?s gonna take that sandwich.? She said, pointing at a woman across the shop. Sure enough, she walked to the fridge and took the plastic wrapped sandwich she was tied to. ?She pays for it and leaves.? She did so, according to the prophecies of the strings. ?That guy doesn?t intend to pay.? I watched as a man took his coffee and ran out of the store, the two servers just looking too exasperated to go after him.

?This is horrible.? She whimpered. ?Let?s go. Please.?

Outside wasn?t much better. Everyone just followed the strings? instructions, going about their daily lives. Lucy announced she was going home to sleep this off, and I agreed to walk her home. She only lived ten minutes away.

Away from the busier part of town there were fewer strings. It was nicer; we could pretend it wasn?t happening.

When we turned onto Lucy?s street, she stopped, her mouth falling open.

?What now?? I broke the silence, my voice sounding surprisingly small.

?Look.? She pointed outside one of her neighbours houses.

I saw it clearly, and I?ll take my memory of that moment ?til the day I die. A little dark imp, maybe three feet tall, walking along with its knuckles on the ground, almost like a monkey. It had two bulbous yellow eyes taking up about half its face, and no mouth or any other facial features. It was holding a hammer and a ball of twine, which it was letting out behind it.

It walked quickly and quietly from the front door of the house to the mailbox. It stopped, hammered a nail into the side of the box, and tied it?s string around it. It turned to face us, and stopped when it spotted us.

My bottom fell out even further than it had already been, but it just stared with a look of surprise and curiosity. You could almost say it was the more frightened one. Suddenly, it beckoned to us with its tiny hand.

I looked at Lucy, she hadn?t moved. I looked back at the imp, which stared at me.
I halved the distance between us, and then halved it again. This wasn?t fear of the unknown anymore; it was fear of this little guy. Didn?t seem like anything to be scared of. When I was a meter away from it, it extended its hand.

?Uh. Hi.? I shook it. It nodded in approval, blinking its massive yellow eyes up at me.

?So you?re the ones in charge of the strings?? It nodded eagerly. I called Lucy over, but she stayed where she was.

?There are more of you?? Another nod. I wanted to ask it so many questions, about what it was and where it came from, but it seemed for now I was stuck with only yes or no questions.

?Do we even have free will??

It just looked at me, almost sadly. I immediately felt sick to my stomach, and couldn?t bear looking at the little monster anymore. I grabbed Lucy, who had been listening to our exchange, and now sat on the curb with her head in her hands.

?Come on.?

We entered her house, and I made her a cup of tea. When I found her in the living room, she had untied her dog and was curled up with it, crying. I set the tea down and sat beside her.

?I?m so scared.? She whispered after a good ten minutes of sobbing. I didn?t answer. I couldn?t.

?I?m going to sleep? She mumbled suddenly, and was under within the minute. Sleep was starting to sound pretty good all of a sudden, my eyelids suddenly felt like they were being weighed down.

I collapsed to the rug, and the last thing I heard before I fell asleep was the scurrying of several sets of little feet nearby.

I felt much better the next day, as if the whole affair had been a dream. I?d probably have believed that if I hadn?t been awoken by Lucy?s mother that morning, wondering what I was doing sleeping over without permission or something.

Over breakfast, Lucy asked me why I looked so pale and nervous. I turned to her and smiled, mumbling something to her about feeling sick.

But the truth was, I was scared because I couldn?t see any strings, and was wondering whether my actions were truly my own.

There was a hunter in the woods, who, after a long day hunting, was in the middle of an immense forest. It was getting dark, and having lost his bearings, he decided to head in one direction until he was clear of the increasingly oppressive foliage. After a what seemed like hours, he came across a cabin in a small clearing. Realizing how dark it had grown, he decided to see if he could stay there for the night. He approached, and found the door ajar. Nobody was inside. The hunter flopped down on the single bed, deciding to explain himself to the owner in the morning. As he looked around, he was suprised to see the walls adorned by many portraits, all painted in incredible detail. Without exception, they appeared to be staring down at him, their features twisted into looks of hatred. Staring back, he grew increasingly uncomfortable. Making a concerted effort to ignore the many hateful faces, he turned to face the wall, and exhausted, he fell into a restless sleep.

Face down in an unfamiliar bed, he turned blinking in unexpected sunlight. Looking up, he discovered that the cabin had no portraits, only windows

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
While brushing your teeth in the evening, you catch a glimpse of your wall mirror, covered in fingerprints. Annoyed, you grab a towel and rub at them. They remain. Upon closer inspection, you realize that they seem to be on the other side of the glass..

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
The howling outside your window: sometimes it's not the wind. Be even more wary when it grows silent. Don't open the curtains during those times; it will finally see you

A teenage baby-sitter put the kids she was watching to sleep in their beds and went back downstairs. The late night news was on the TV -- the reporter said a psychopath from a local mental institution was on the loose and that police thought he might be in the area. He cautioned residents to lock their doors and windows because this guy was very, very dangerous. Well, the teenager checked the locks on the windows and the doors, but she forgot the door on the cellar bulkhead. Needless to say, the psychopath broke in about an hour later, coming up from the cellar, armed with an axe. The children heard some noises downstairs, but thought it was the baby-sitter moving some furniture around. Then it got real quiet. All they heard for the remainder of the night was this noise: "Thump! Thump! Dra-aag... Thump! Thump! Dra-aag..." Evidently, they were too afraid to get up to see what it was. In the morning, their parents came home and were horrified to find the babysitter at the top of the stairs, dead with both arms hacked off at the elbows. She'd been climbing the stairs on the bloody stumps of her arms, pulling her badly injured body along. Was she trying to check on the children? Was she trying to get help? Or in the madness of her tortured soul, was she planning to kill the children herself?
EDIT: Will be editing this as i go, i did have a load on here at once but my browser crashed,. so will have to upload them one at a time ¬¬, will spoiler the big ones but not eh ones that are smaller

David_G

Aug 25, 2009
Dr.Poisonfreak said:
The phone rings. I run to get it, thinking it may be my dad, coming to rescue me from Myrlie's house and tell me everything about Elizabeth and then everything would be alright. Mom would stop crying, Elizabeth would just be some girl Mom knew during childhood, and everything would be alright.

I finally reach the phone. "Oh, Elizabeth!" the person on the other end cries. It's not my dad. It's mom.

"Mom? This is Bethany. Not Elizabeth."

"Oh, Elizabeth, you silly girl! Is this one of your made up aliases? Listen, Elizabeth, I've called to say good-bye."

"Mom? This isn't Elizabeth. This is Bethany. What are you talking about?"

"Elizabeth! I know you're a little doped up on the medicine the hospital's been giving you. Ever since the crash I've been knowing exactly what would happen."

"Mom, you're scaring me, please," I beg. But mom will not listen.

"I wanted to say good-bye, to tell you that I loved you, even though you're not the same, and that you will be with us again soon after you...pass away."

"Mom? Is that you? Mom, please! Tell me what you're talking about!" I cry

"We've saved some of your cells, and we'll make an exact copy of you. There are only a few left so the next one will have to be the last. It'll be like it never even happened, Lizzy!" Joy is amidst in her voice.

There was a long silence on the phone. "What do you mean?" I whisper.

"Oh, Elizabeth, you'll be alive once more, you'll look exactly the same. So will Mommy and Daddy. Your thirteenth birthday has come, and you will die tonight, just like all the others. I love you so much, sweetie. Myrlie will give you your poison, then the next one will can be started." Then she hangs up, leaving me with the haunting monotone "boooop" noise.

My heart is racing. I hear Myrlie's footsteps. I skirt out of the kitchen and run out front. That's when I notice that the doormat is gone. Written in chalk in all capital letters is: "BETHANY: Place of figs; a town of resurrection." Then, "DIGISPUR CLONING."

The next feeling I feel is a piercing ache, silver bullet in the brain.

"Oh, she's beautiful, what will you name her?" the nurse says.

"I don't know. I have a good feeling about this one, perhaps Elizabeth."

Have you ever had an experience that suggested someone else was in your house, and just thought ?I don?t wanna know? and left it? Sometimes, fear of the unknown just seems like the preferable option than facing a real, concrete danger. Normally it?s nothing, though. One time, the beeper function of my wireless housephone went off, when I was the only one home. It could only be called from the living room. Another time, I swear someone took some change from my desk. They?re all probably just slightly disconcerting tricks of the memory.

But what would you do when something truly suggestive happens? Would you run, or just ignore it, like I did?

Last Monday was a normal day. I got up, brushed my teeth, changed into school clothes? All little parts of my morning ritual. It seemed like it would be another totally un-noteworthy day, until I saw the strings.

There were three or four thick twine strings in my room. They criss-crossed between the walls around my bed, one attached to the door. No way would I have missed them before; I should have tripped over them. They were tied to pins in the walls, which had also not existed before ten seconds ago.

Nobody could have been in my room while I was in it, let alone set this up. It was early, and my brain wasn?t processing correctly. I simply discredited the sight, untied the strings and left for school, leaving them balled up on my desk.

It didn?t get any better later. Outside my house there were hundreds of them, tied between houses, around cars, across streets? This had to be some super elaborate prank. One of those hidden camera shows, or a comedy improv blog. They had gotten everyone else to play along too; passer-bys were tangled in them, tying them to objects they were walking towards and away from, as if they had been and were continuing to follow the course laid out for them.

I nervously continued my journey to school. On the bus, every except me was tied to the door. At school, groups of friends were tied to each other; teachers were tied to their desks and boards. Oddly enough, at this point all I could wonder was why I had been left out.

When my friend Lucy sat beside me in first period, she simply plonked her bag down on my lap and rested her chin in her hand, looking right past me to the window outside.

?Hey Lucy.?

No response.

?Come on, I didn?t expect you to be in on this too. ?

She sighed and started taking books from her bag. All the books were tied to her hands. I grinned, and yanked one of the strings off a book. She didn?t seem to notice, instead simply disregarding the book completely, letting it drop to the floor without a moment?s hesitation.

?Um.? I leaned down, picking up her book and placing it back on her desk. She took no notice.

?Well, if that?s how we?re gonna play it.? I smiled, trying to look playful, but really just trying to hide my nervousness. I bundled all the strings attached to her together with one hand, then pulled them all free.
She blinked, turning to stare at me.

?Holy crap, Martin. You?re like a ninja or something.?

?I?ve been sitting here for maybe ten minutes.? I smiled again, relieved my friend had finally ?noticed? me.

?Where did all these strings come from??? She gasped, seemingly noticing for the first time.
?I assumed you were all fucking with me??

She stood up, backing into a corner. No one else in the class noticed.

?They weren?t here just a minute ago! Do you see them too??? Her tone made it clear she was genuinely scared.

?No. Didn?t you-. ? I was interrupted by my teacher slamming the door behind her. Everyone except me and Lucy murmured a good morning, and still, no one seemed to pay either of us any notice.
?People have been ignoring me all day.? I said to Lucy, before turning to our teacher. ?Hey! Dumb *****! You can?t teach for shit!?

No reaction.

?I?m getting away from all this shit.? Lucy pulled a few strings aside and left the class. I followed, and surprise-surprise, no one else noticed.

We wandered the corridors, leaving and entering classes as we saw fit. Whenever we untied a chair or book from someone else, it was like it suddenly didn?t matter to them. It didn?t exist.

I showed her the street outside; there were more strings than when I came in this morning. Twice as many. We carefully picked our way through the tangle, making our way to a nearby coffee shop. Not particularly grand, I know. But what would you do in our situation? As I said, fear of the unknown sometimes seems like the safer option. On a few occasions, I suggested we untie a few more people. Lucy was opposed to it, remembering how terrified she?d been.

In the coffee shop, we grabbed a couple of sandwiches and drinks from the fridge. We found a table, untied all strings attached to the chairs, and sat down. We both ate in silence, both of us too scared, both of us distracting ourselves by watching the strangers in the shop, oblivious to the strings.
After twenty minutes, Lucy spoke up. ?Now she?s gonna take that sandwich.? She said, pointing at a woman across the shop. Sure enough, she walked to the fridge and took the plastic wrapped sandwich she was tied to. ?She pays for it and leaves.? She did so, according to the prophecies of the strings. ?That guy doesn?t intend to pay.? I watched as a man took his coffee and ran out of the store, the two servers just looking too exasperated to go after him.

?This is horrible.? She whimpered. ?Let?s go. Please.?

Outside wasn?t much better. Everyone just followed the strings? instructions, going about their daily lives. Lucy announced she was going home to sleep this off, and I agreed to walk her home. She only lived ten minutes away.

Away from the busier part of town there were fewer strings. It was nicer; we could pretend it wasn?t happening.

When we turned onto Lucy?s street, she stopped, her mouth falling open.

?What now?? I broke the silence, my voice sounding surprisingly small.

?Look.? She pointed outside one of her neighbours houses.

I saw it clearly, and I?ll take my memory of that moment ?til the day I die. A little dark imp, maybe three feet tall, walking along with its knuckles on the ground, almost like a monkey. It had two bulbous yellow eyes taking up about half its face, and no mouth or any other facial features. It was holding a hammer and a ball of twine, which it was letting out behind it.

It walked quickly and quietly from the front door of the house to the mailbox. It stopped, hammered a nail into the side of the box, and tied it?s string around it. It turned to face us, and stopped when it spotted us.

My bottom fell out even further than it had already been, but it just stared with a look of surprise and curiosity. You could almost say it was the more frightened one. Suddenly, it beckoned to us with its tiny hand.

I looked at Lucy, she hadn?t moved. I looked back at the imp, which stared at me.
I halved the distance between us, and then halved it again. This wasn?t fear of the unknown anymore; it was fear of this little guy. Didn?t seem like anything to be scared of. When I was a meter away from it, it extended its hand.

?Uh. Hi.? I shook it. It nodded in approval, blinking its massive yellow eyes up at me.

?So you?re the ones in charge of the strings?? It nodded eagerly. I called Lucy over, but she stayed where she was.

?There are more of you?? Another nod. I wanted to ask it so many questions, about what it was and where it came from, but it seemed for now I was stuck with only yes or no questions.

?Do we even have free will??

It just looked at me, almost sadly. I immediately felt sick to my stomach, and couldn?t bear looking at the little monster anymore. I grabbed Lucy, who had been listening to our exchange, and now sat on the curb with her head in her hands.

?Come on.?

We entered her house, and I made her a cup of tea. When I found her in the living room, she had untied her dog and was curled up with it, crying. I set the tea down and sat beside her.

?I?m so scared.? She whispered after a good ten minutes of sobbing. I didn?t answer. I couldn?t.

?I?m going to sleep? She mumbled suddenly, and was under within the minute. Sleep was starting to sound pretty good all of a sudden, my eyelids suddenly felt like they were being weighed down.

I collapsed to the rug, and the last thing I heard before I fell asleep was the scurrying of several sets of little feet nearby.

I felt much better the next day, as if the whole affair had been a dream. I?d probably have believed that if I hadn?t been awoken by Lucy?s mother that morning, wondering what I was doing sleeping over without permission or something.

Over breakfast, Lucy asked me why I looked so pale and nervous. I turned to her and smiled, mumbling something to her about feeling sick.

But the truth was, I was scared because I couldn?t see any strings, and was wondering whether my actions were truly my own.

There was a hunter in the woods, who, after a long day hunting, was in the middle of an immense forest. It was getting dark, and having lost his bearings, he decided to head in one direction until he was clear of the increasingly oppressive foliage. After a what seemed like hours, he came across a cabin in a small clearing. Realizing how dark it had grown, he decided to see if he could stay there for the night. He approached, and found the door ajar. Nobody was inside. The hunter flopped down on the single bed, deciding to explain himself to the owner in the morning. As he looked around, he was suprised to see the walls adorned by many portraits, all painted in incredible detail. Without exception, they appeared to be staring down at him, their features twisted into looks of hatred. Staring back, he grew increasingly uncomfortable. Making a concerted effort to ignore the many hateful faces, he turned to face the wall, and exhausted, he fell into a restless sleep.

Face down in an unfamiliar bed, he turned blinking in unexpected sunlight. Looking up, he discovered that the cabin had no portraits, only windows

While brushing your teeth in the evening, you catch a glimpse of your wall mirror, covered in fingerprints. Annoyed, you grab a towel and rub at them. They remain. Upon closer inspection, you realize that they seem to be on the other side of the glass..

The howling outside your window: sometimes it's not the wind. Be even more wary when it grows silent. Don't open the curtains during those times; it will finally see you

A teenage baby-sitter put the kids she was watching to sleep in their beds and went back downstairs. The late night news was on the TV -- the reporter said a psychopath from a local mental institution was on the loose and that police thought he might be in the area. He cautioned residents to lock their doors and windows because this guy was very, very dangerous. Well, the teenager checked the locks on the windows and the doors, but she forgot the door on the cellar bulkhead. Needless to say, the psychopath broke in about an hour later, coming up from the cellar, armed with an axe. The children heard some noises downstairs, but thought it was the baby-sitter moving some furniture around. Then it got real quiet. All they heard for the remainder of the night was this noise: "Thump! Thump! Dra-aag... Thump! Thump! Dra-aag..." Evidently, they were too afraid to get up to see what it was. In the morning, their parents came home and were horrified to find the babysitter at the top of the stairs, dead with both arms hacked off at the elbows. She'd been climbing the stairs on the bloody stumps of her arms, pulling her badly injured body along. Was she trying to check on the children? Was she trying to get help? Or in the madness of her tortured soul, was she planning to kill the children herself?
EDIT: Will be editing this as i go, i did have a load on here at once but my browser crashed,. so will have to upload them one at a time ¬¬, will spoiler the big ones but not eh ones that are smaller
Nice, dude. But I'd recommend reading through this thread before posting stories, because I've already seen the third and the last one here.

Dr.Poisonfreak

Apr 6, 2009
David_G said:
Nice, dude. But I'd recommend reading through this thread before posting stories, because I've already seen the third and the last one here.
ahhhh bugger >.<

Edit: the irony is I've been reading this thread since it started >_>

Snarky Username

Elite Member
Apr 4, 2010
Stormz said:
When you see it...

I was suspicious that it was a pop-up when I couldn't see anything after 10 seconds, so I viewed the imaged to see if it was a gif and was relieved when I saw it was a jpeg.

Right after that it popped up. That scared the crap out of me...

Giantcain

Oct 29, 2009
gof22 said:
RamirezDoEverything said:
-Drifter- said:
How about some Marble Hornets?
Ah, I love this series.
I watched the whole series before and had a sleepless night or 2
What am I exactly supposed to be afraid of in the two videos? Entry #1 seems like some guy just went around the room with a camcorder and recorded random stuff. Entry #6 looks like a dinosaur with Christmas lights wrapped around it went past the window. I suppose seeing a dinosaur would be scary.
look for a very tall faceless in those.You don't see him if your not looking for him but when when you do see him you will always see it.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Giantcain said:
gof22 said:
RamirezDoEverything said:
-Drifter- said:
How about some Marble Hornets?
Ah, I love this series.
I watched the whole series before and had a sleepless night or 2
What am I exactly supposed to be afraid of in the two videos? Entry #1 seems like some guy just went around the room with a camcorder and recorded random stuff. Entry #6 looks like a dinosaur with Christmas lights wrapped around it went past the window. I suppose seeing a dinosaur would be scary.
look for a very tall faceless in those.You don't see him if your not looking for him but when when you do see him you will always see it.
I see what you mean now. I was just waiting for the monster or whatever it was to jump out at the camera. I looked back at the videos and saw what you were talking about with seeing a guy outside the house. Honestly, I don't find it that scary. The Slenderman just looked like some tall guy in a suit.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
S.R.S. said:
Go to ED and search creepy pasta.

SWEET MOTHER OF CHRIST!! You bastard. I was genuinely terrified. Seriously, this is the first time in memory that I have been frightened by something so much that I made noise involuntarily. It sounded something like "nnnnnyyyyUUUUUUUHHHHHnnn!!!!!!" I hope no one heard it.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
TheYellowCellPhone said:
reg42 said:
Ok well I posted these in the "part 2" thread because I didn't realise this one was still going, so...
A baby girl is mysteriously dropped off at an orphanage in Cleveland in 1945. "Jane" grows up
lonely and dejected, not knowing who her parents are, until one day in 1963 she is strangely
attracted to a drifter. She falls in love with him, but just when things are looking up for
Jane a series of disasters strikes: First, she becomes pregnant by the drifter, who then
disappears. Second, during the complicated delivery doctors discover that Jane has both sets
of sex organs, and to save her life, they most surgically convert "her" to a "him." Finally,
a mysterious stranger kidnaps her baby from the delivery room.

Reeling from these disasters, rejected from society, scorned by fate, "he" becomes a drunkard
and a drifter. Not only has Jane lost her parents and her lover, but he has lost his only
child as well. Years later, in 1970, he stumbles into a lonely bar, called Pop's Place, and
spills out his pathetic story to an elderly bartender. The sympathetic bartender offers the
drifter the chance to avenge the stranger who left her pregnant and abandoned, on the
condition that he join the "time traveller corps." Both of them enter a time machine and the
bartender drops the drifter off in 1963. The drifter is strangely attracted to a young orphan
girl, who subsequently becomes pregnant.

The bartender then goes forward 9 months, kidnaps the baby girl from the hospital, and drops
the baby off in an orphanage back in 1945. Then the bartender drops off the thoroughly
confused drifter in 1985, to enlist in the time traveller corps. The drifter eventually gets
his life together and becomes respected and elderly member of the time traveller corps, and
then disguises himself as a bartender and has his most difficult mission: a date with
destiny, meeting a certain drifter at Pop's Place in 1970.
That is genius - if Douglas Adams were alive today, he'd either write that or highly respect it.

For contribution, funny, sort of unsettling GMOD video:

That Garry's Mod video looked like something out of Silent Hill. When I seen that dead body at the top of the stairs I thought it was one of those nurses from the Silent Hill games.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Here, Here is my attempt. Sorry if it is too long:

I used to play TF2 Constantly. Every waking hour of every waking day I would sit and play Team Fortress 2 on my PC. Sometimes I'd skip school just to play the game (My mother Worked during that time so she didn't know). My favorite class to play as was Pyro... well, it was. What I am about to tell you now, I ask you to not repeat.

I played Pyro so much and for so long that I eventually got over 1 Million Kills in less then 800 hours. Upon reaching that, my game froze. I thought that was kind of weird, for I kept very good care of it. I ejected the disc and looked at it's back: Looked good, with only some minor scratches on the back. I blew on it and put it back it. What was weird was that upon entering the game again, Half Life 2 E. 3 and Portal went missing. I took the disc out and washed it, but putting it back in didn't help. Half Life and Portal weren't on the menu.

What's weirder still is that the regular video in the menu you would see for TF2, wasn't there. It was just a black screen with the TF2 Icon. No noises were playing except for what sounded like wind. I thought that my disc was busted somehow or that my Computer was busted. I did not care; I pressed A and went into TF2.

The TF2 menu was also a complete black screen with faint wind, and there were only 2 menu options: Play game and Quit. Of course, I clicked "Play Game". Strange enough, the Join Game part was completely normal; or so it seemed. I noticed it flickered around from time to time, and sometimes a loud static would play. Those gave me tiny little jump scares, and I was about to quit when I connected to a game at 2Fort. The hint at the bottom of the loading screen said "Turn back now!!"

Starting to worry, I really wanted to quit then and there, but something stopped me from quitting. I don't know why to this very day; probably my curiosity. Upon entering the game, things started to look fine. I ended up being a part of blue team. I looked through the Characters, and I noticed something weird: Pyro's face, instead of having that Mouth Tube thing, had a grinning mouth with razor sharp teeth. Looking at him gave me an unexplainable fear and I knew playing him would be bad. But when I tried to pick my second favorite class, the Medic, the screen turned blood red as a loud distorted scream of the Medic played!

Right then and there I knew I was getting myself into something horrendous. I wanted to quit, but... for some reason, I didn't. When the loud scream ended and the screen faded back to the Character selection screen, the Medic was gone, with another Pyro taking his place. Both Pyro's were the same: Just Pyro with his sharp toothed smile. But upon closer inspection, I noticed a bit of red around Pyro's mouth, he had gotten a bit bigger, and his eye holes were bigger.

Fearing the worst if I picked any other character, I decided to Pick Pyro. But instead of being told to pick up enemy intelligence, I just heard a loud gurgle emanating from my speakers, and the objective said: "Kill for me..." I do not know why I continued to play...

I walked to the bridge and saw a Soldier coming after me. After dodging a few Rockets, I set him on blaze. Immediately upon doing that, my game Froze and faded to black. I calmed down a bit when that happened, but 2 seconds after the screen lit up with Soldier tied to a chair. Pyro stood behind him, his eyes bigger and with a red glow, his hands forming into claws, and his teeth more jagged and bloody. Soldier simply looked forward as Pyro grabbed his Melee Weapon; an Axe. I watched in terror as it showed the Pyro slowly and painfully cutting the Soldier, and he screamed in pain with every cut. My skin turned pale with fright when Pyro took his Axe and jabbed it into the Soldier's Eye, pulling it out slowly and with a laugh so satanic I vomited in terror. He started to eat the Dieing Soldier, and I could bear it no more. I tried everything to get out of the game, but no matter what I did, the image was there, and it continued to play. The worst part of it was, as this all occured, both the Soldier and the Pyro just looked directly at me, with blank expressions on there face, even as Soldier was being tortured to death. The final shot of this gruesome scene was Soldier's head being chucked off and rolling onto the floor, him staring at me with his one eye, and blood splattering everywhere. Again, I vomited in terror.

The game faded to black and it brought me back to the choose a Character menu. Soldier was gone, and in his place was another Pyro. The fear I was feeling was so intense, that I immediately took out the disc, and buried it in the backyard. A quiet calm filled my house, and I was at peace. I decided that I would take the game to the store and tell them of the grotesque things I saw. However, upon opening my steam, I noticed a weird message:

"From Pyro-

Thank you so much for achieving "Satanic Minion" Achievement. See you soon.

BFF <3 Pyro"

I began to panic again. There was no way that it could have been a prank from someone; it was too much of a coincidence. By the time my mother returned from work however, I was fine (Oh and BTW, my two terror vomits were cleaned up by then). But that night, I had a dream of that terrifying scene, only with a Scout instead. The Pyro was more monstrous looking. I have had this dream for 8 nights, with a more and more Satanic looking Pyro and more and more gruesome torture scenes. Each night he mumbled "Soon" In a voice I'll never forget. This morning, I noticed that the Orange Box disc I buried was in my computer, with no sign of digging or breaking and entering.

I am scared, but I have decided to see what will happen when I play it. I have always been the curious type. I guess it's true that Curiosity killed the cat...

See You Soon.

It may or may not suck. I hope you enjoy it.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
This one's been rattling around in my head for a while. Finding this thread finally gave me the excuse to write it.

You may have almost seen one, once or twice.

The oldest stories call them "Gazers". There's no mention of just what they really are, where they come from, why they do what they do; it's quite likely that, to this day, no one knows. It's clear, however, that these stories have existed for a long, long time... decades, centuries, millenia- maybe as long as man has ever been able to create light in darkness.

What are they, though? The stories vary widely on some points, but common threads prevail. A Gazer is a creature that seems to be made of nothing but shadow. Roughly human-shaped, sometimes showing height and build differences; a few stories have made mention of some having enough definition to appear male or female. However you look at them, though, they seem flat, like a standing cutout. Like a free shadow, without a body casting it.

This isn't true for their eyes, though. Oh, yes, you can see their eyes... or what the Gazers have for eyes, anyway. Two blank, jet-black circles at about where the eyes would be in a human head, but wider, and unblinking. All of the stories are clear on that. No matter which way the Gazer seems to be facing, or what angle you look at it from, those two spots are always there, always seeming to look right at you.

Yes, you may have almost seen a Gazer once or twice, sheerly by accident. Have you ever mistakenly turned on a light while looking at it, and ended up seeing black dots in your vision until your eyes could adapt? Those dots could have been the eyes of a Gazer. You see, for whatever reason they deem logical, Gazers like to stand in dark places and watch us. Just watch us, from where we can't see them or their black eyes. But, whether they can't understand technology or simply have no human-like intelligence, Gazers are sometimes caught by surprise by the sudden appearance of light, like a lamp or other light source being turned on. Maybe it stuns them, somehow, but it always seems as though it takes the Gazer a couple of seconds to fade away afterwards.

But don't go looking for them. No, no, you do not want to do that, friend. All of the stories, every one that years of extensive research have been able to find, all agree on one thing- Gazers do not like to be seen. And once you've seen one... well. You know how the human brain is sometimes... once it learns how to do something, it wants to keep doing it, no matter what dangers it might entail. And once you've learned how to see a Gazer, your brain will keep looking for them, for those little signs it would otherwise miss that show where they stand.

And the Gazers know when you can see them. Even if you do your best to give no signs that you do, they know. Maybe they can see how someone's eyes scan the darkness, or a difference in someone's movements in a room that should be empty... maybe they use some sense humans know nothing about. But they always seem to know. Most of the time, a Gazer that is seen will simply flee, ducking into the nearest shadow to vanish completely. But some of them, perhaps out of anger or fear or some emotion that humans will never understand, will treat you as a threat and act to defend themselves.

They won't kill you, no; the stories don't show them as cruel or needlessly vindictive. But they don't want you to see them, and they'll take the tools you use to do so- your eyes. They won't tear them out bloodily, or make them explode- they'll simply take your eyes into the shadows with them. The stories tell of their... what to call them? Victims? Targets? No matter. The stories tell of what these people tried to do to protect themselves; leaving lamps and lights on for all hours, never going outside at night- or at all. Think about it, though. How difficult is it to create a perfectly-lit environment? How long could you do it? One blown light bulb, one stray breeze extinguishing a lamp, is all it would take. And a few of the stories speak of Gazers so skilled at finding shadows that they could slip into the darkness behind your eyelids when you close them.

So, friend, heed this advice. From now on, when you turn on a light in a dark room, close your eyes for a second or two. Give your Gazer a chance to flee the light. Don't let yourself see those two black dots in that dark corner.

It's for your own good.

Broderick

May 25, 2010
You know rogue wolf...that wasn't bad at all actually.(disregard this whole paragraph if you did not create this story). It was more intriguing than frightening though; the concept of such a creature is quite interesting, and the fact that you integrated the creature in the minds of the readers so easily is pretty cool. Almost everyone has seen a shadow like figure(or thought they have), so congratulations. Although in order for something to be scary, it needs to pose a threat, and needs to make the "victim" feel helpless to do anything from stopping it. Keep this in mind for future stories.

TL;DR
Good but more interesting than scary

David_G

Aug 25, 2009
Mr.Mattress said:
Here, Here is my attempt. Sorry if it is too long:

I used to play TF2 Constantly. Every waking hour of every waking day I would sit and play Team Fortress 2 on my PC. Sometimes I'd skip school just to play the game (My mother Worked during that time so she didn't know). My favorite class to play as was Pyro... well, it was. What I am about to tell you now, I ask you to not repeat.

I played Pyro so much and for so long that I eventually got over 1 Million Kills in less then 800 hours. Upon reaching that, my game froze. I thought that was kind of weird, for I kept very good care of it. I ejected the disc and looked at it's back: Looked good, with only some minor scratches on the back. I blew on it and put it back it. What was weird was that upon entering the game again, Half Life 2 E. 3 and Portal went missing. I took the disc out and washed it, but putting it back in didn't help. Half Life and Portal weren't on the menu.

What's weirder still is that the regular video in the menu you would see for TF2, wasn't there. It was just a black screen with the TF2 Icon. No noises were playing except for what sounded like wind. I thought that my disc was busted somehow or that my Computer was busted. I did not care; I pressed A and went into TF2.

The TF2 menu was also a complete black screen with faint wind, and there were only 2 menu options: Play game and Quit. Of course, I clicked "Play Game". Strange enough, the Join Game part was completely normal; or so it seemed. I noticed it flickered around from time to time, and sometimes a loud static would play. Those gave me tiny little jump scares, and I was about to quit when I connected to a game at 2Fort. The hint at the bottom of the loading screen said "Turn back now!!"

Starting to worry, I really wanted to quit then and there, but something stopped me from quitting. I don't know why to this very day; probably my curiosity. Upon entering the game, things started to look fine. I ended up being a part of blue team. I looked through the Characters, and I noticed something weird: Pyro's face, instead of having that Mouth Tube thing, had a grinning mouth with razor sharp teeth. Looking at him gave me an unexplainable fear and I knew playing him would be bad. But when I tried to pick my second favorite class, the Medic, the screen turned blood red as a loud distorted scream of the Medic played!

Right then and there I knew I was getting myself into something horrendous. I wanted to quit, but... for some reason, I didn't. When the loud scream ended and the screen faded back to the Character selection screen, the Medic was gone, with another Pyro taking his place. Both Pyro's were the same: Just Pyro with his sharp toothed smile. But upon closer inspection, I noticed a bit of red around Pyro's mouth, he had gotten a bit bigger, and his eye holes were bigger.

Fearing the worst if I picked any other character, I decided to Pick Pyro. But instead of being told to pick up enemy intelligence, I just heard a loud gurgle emanating from my speakers, and the objective said: "Kill for me..." I do not know why I continued to play...

I walked to the bridge and saw a Soldier coming after me. After dodging a few Rockets, I set him on blaze. Immediately upon doing that, my game Froze and faded to black. I calmed down a bit when that happened, but 2 seconds after the screen lit up with Soldier tied to a chair. Pyro stood behind him, his eyes bigger and with a red glow, his hands forming into claws, and his teeth more jagged and bloody. Soldier simply looked forward as Pyro grabbed his Melee Weapon; an Axe. I watched in terror as it showed the Pyro slowly and painfully cutting the Soldier, and he screamed in pain with every cut. My skin turned pale with fright when Pyro took his Axe and jabbed it into the Soldier's Eye, pulling it out slowly and with a laugh so satanic I vomited in terror. He started to eat the Dieing Soldier, and I could bear it no more. I tried everything to get out of the game, but no matter what I did, the image was there, and it continued to play. The worst part of it was, as this all occured, both the Soldier and the Pyro just looked directly at me, with blank expressions on there face, even as Soldier was being tortured to death. The final shot of this gruesome scene was Soldier's head being chucked off and rolling onto the floor, him staring at me with his one eye, and blood splattering everywhere. Again, I vomited in terror.

The game faded to black and it brought me back to the choose a Character menu. Soldier was gone, and in his place was another Pyro. The fear I was feeling was so intense, that I immediately took out the disc, and buried it in the backyard. A quiet calm filled my house, and I was at peace. I decided that I would take the game to the store and tell them of the grotesque things I saw. However, upon opening my steam, I noticed a weird message:

"From Pyro-

Thank you so much for achieving "Satanic Minion" Achievement. See you soon.

BFF <3 Pyro"

I began to panic again. There was no way that it could have been a prank from someone; it was too much of a coincidence. By the time my mother returned from work however, I was fine (Oh and BTW, my two terror vomits were cleaned up by then). But that night, I had a dream of that terrifying scene, only with a Scout instead. The Pyro was more monstrous looking. I have had this dream for 8 nights, with a more and more Satanic looking Pyro and more and more gruesome torture scenes. Each night he mumbled "Soon" In a voice I'll never forget. This morning, I noticed that the Orange Box disc I buried was in my computer, with no sign of digging or breaking and entering.

I am scared, but I have decided to see what will happen when I play it. I have always been the curious type. I guess it's true that Curiosity killed the cat...

See You Soon.

It may or may not suck. I hope you enjoy it.
It totally didn't suck, it was well written, but I just didn't like it, probably because I don't like any of the other videogame creepy stories, they just all look the same.
The Rogue Wolf said:
This one's been rattling around in my head for a while. Finding this thread finally gave me the excuse to write it.

You may have almost seen one, once or twice.

The oldest stories call them "Gazers". There's no mention of just what they really are, where they come from, why they do what they do; it's quite likely that, to this day, no one knows. It's clear, however, that these stories have existed for a long, long time... decades, centuries, millenia- maybe as long as man has ever been able to create light in darkness.

What are they, though? The stories vary widely on some points, but common threads prevail. A Gazer is a creature that seems to be made of nothing but shadow. Roughly human-shaped, sometimes showing height and build differences; a few stories have made mention of some having enough definition to appear male or female. However you look at them, though, they seem flat, like a standing cutout. Like a free shadow, without a body casting it.

This isn't true for their eyes, though. Oh, yes, you can see their eyes... or what the Gazers have for eyes, anyway. Two blank, jet-black circles at about where the eyes would be in a human head, but wider, and unblinking. All of the stories are clear on that. No matter which way the Gazer seems to be facing, or what angle you look at it from, those two spots are always there, always seeming to look right at you.

Yes, you may have almost seen a Gazer once or twice, sheerly by accident. Have you ever mistakenly turned on a light while looking at it, and ended up seeing black dots in your vision until your eyes could adapt? Those dots could have been the eyes of a Gazer. You see, for whatever reason they deem logical, Gazers like to stand in dark places and watch us. Just watch us, from where we can't see them or their black eyes. But, whether they can't understand technology or simply have no human-like intelligence, Gazers are sometimes caught by surprise by the sudden appearance of light, like a lamp or other light source being turned on. Maybe it stuns them, somehow, but it always seems as though it takes the Gazer a couple of seconds to fade away afterwards.

But don't go looking for them. No, no, you do not want to do that, friend. All of the stories, every one that years of extensive research have been able to find, all agree on one thing- Gazers do not like to be seen. And once you've seen one... well. You know how the human brain is sometimes... once it learns how to do something, it wants to keep doing it, no matter what dangers it might entail. And once you've learned how to see a Gazer, your brain will keep looking for them, for those little signs it would otherwise miss that show where they stand.

And the Gazers know when you can see them. Even if you do your best to give no signs that you do, they know. Maybe they can see how someone's eyes scan the darkness, or a difference in someone's movements in a room that should be empty... maybe they use some sense humans know nothing about. But they always seem to know. Most of the time, a Gazer that is seen will simply flee, ducking into the nearest shadow to vanish completely. But some of them, perhaps out of anger or fear or some emotion that humans will never understand, will treat you as a threat and act to defend themselves.

They won't kill you, no; the stories don't show them as cruel or needlessly vindictive. But they don't want you to see them, and they'll take the tools you use to do so- your eyes. They won't tear them out bloodily, or make them explode- they'll simply take your eyes into the shadows with them. The stories tell of their... what to call them? Victims? Targets? No matter. The stories tell of what these people tried to do to protect themselves; leaving lamps and lights on for all hours, never going outside at night- or at all. Think about it, though. How difficult is it to create a perfectly-lit environment? How long could you do it? One blown light bulb, one stray breeze extinguishing a lamp, is all it would take. And a few of the stories speak of Gazers so skilled at finding shadows that they could slip into the darkness behind your eyelids when you close them.

So, friend, heed this advice. From now on, when you turn on a light in a dark room, close your eyes for a second or two. Give your Gazer a chance to flee the light. Don't let yourself see those two black dots in that dark corner.

It's for your own good.
This was actually pretty good. And it seems to follow a recent trend that creepypastas seem to follow, X is safe as long as you don't look at it. However, I liked it, and it was very interesting, which is an another thing creepypastas are supposed to be, next to being scary.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is ?wut r u doing wit my daughter?? U tell ur girl n she say ?my dad is ded?. THEN WHO WAS PHONE?