The scary thread

Mocmocman

Dec 4, 2012
Jacco said:
OlasDAlmighty said:
Wow, this has to be the longest running thread I've seen. I'll contribute something that scared me, then made me laugh.
What is it? Maybe my monitor is bad or something, but I've seen that picture dozens of times and I can never tell what is inside the red circle. Is there nothing and it's just a joke?
There's nothing in the red circle, look to the left of the picture.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Jacco said:
OlasDAlmighty said:
Wow, this has to be the longest running thread I've seen. I'll contribute something that scared me, then made me laugh.
What is it? Maybe my monitor is bad or something, but I've seen that picture dozens of times and I can never tell what is inside the red circle. Is there nothing and it's just a joke?
You must not have great peripheral vision.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
ToastiestZombie said:
I know people are starting to hate "found footage" films, but these series of shorts are really, really spooky without falling back onto "OMG SLENDERMONZ!. I'd recommend going through them all, there's a few duds but most of them are creepy as fuck.

I gotta admit this one didn't creep me out at all but instead has confused me. Are people who watch the video supposed to come up with what he seen by themselves or is something specifically shown that tells what happens?

Miyenne

May 16, 2013
Ldude893 said:
I don't think I'm allowed to put a link up here, so I'll just say it:

The offended page of Encyclopedia Dramatica. Called by some as "the final boss of the internet", it is a page filled with every single famous shock-image on the internet, as well as several other horrors from the dark reaches of the web.
The weak and non-Jaded who scroll through the entire contents of the page linked below may come out afflicted with insanity and severe mental damage. Those who are daring, go onto Encyclopedia Dramatica and search up 'offended'. Scroll with care, exit when necessary, but do it somewhere private with closed windows.
I... don't know why I looked. I didn't get too far through, and I think there's something wrong with me, it didn't even upset me or make me sick. But I did stop looking.

Mossberg Shotty

Jan 12, 2013
interspark said:
alright, heres one i wrote recently, being the author i cant really say if its any good or not, so a bit of feedback would be great,

Pokemon Snap- Game Over
(By Interspark)

I walked into the old electronics shop in town, I went there every time I went into town in the hope of them having any N64 games handed in (I?m something of a collector). I walked up to the counter, there was a man already there so I waited behind him. He looked terrible, like he hadn?t slept or bathed in weeks, he was pretty desperate to offload something to the cashier but he wouldn?t take it. Eventually, sobbing slightly, the man walked off. Slightly confused, I walked up to the counter without taking my eyes off the man leaving the shop, noticing my confusion, the cashier said,
?I dunno what the big deal is, he wanted to give us a copy of Pokemon Snap, but I wouldn?t take it because the cartridge is in too poor condition, if he hates it so much I don?t see why he can?t just throw it away!?
Hardly believing my luck, I bounded after the man who had just left the shop,
?Sorry? I say ?but the cashier in there tells me you?re trying to get rid of a copy of Pokemon Snap??
From the look on the man?s face you?d have thought he?d just won the lottery! He thrust a beat up cartridge into my hands and, without waiting a second, he ran down the road laughing manically. Chuckling slightly at the man?s erratic behaviour, I looked at the cartridge. I could see why it wasn?t sales material, it was scratched, cracked and had the sticker torn off, but as long as it worked I was happy.

Later that day I went home and put the cartridge into my N64. Nostalgia flooded back to me as the canny intro music played. I erased the existing file and started a new game and, shortly later, was in the ZERO-ONE and on the Beach Zone. It went swimmingly, I even got a snap of the elusive Lapras and, before long, unlocked the Tunnel Zone.

That was when I started noticing that something was wrong?

I played this game all the time when I was young and I could have sworn that the Pokemon on the Tunnel Zone were as lively and active as the ones at the beach. Figuring I couldn?t trust ten year old memories, I took pictures of the immobile groups of Kakuna, the shuffling Pikachu, the Magnemite, which I distinctly remembered trying to scramble your camera with their supersonic attack, but now simply floated in the air and allowed me to snap away. When I got back to the lab I almost jumped out of my skin! Not a pixel had changed in the photos I had taken, but what I was seeing was definitely not what I had seen in the tunnel. The Pokemon were glaring. Pikachu looked ready to bite my head off! The Kakuna?s triangular eyes were filled with hate and the Electabuzz I had seen looked like it was about to leap out of the screen and throttle me! Professor Oak was understandably very unhappy with the photos and gave me very few points. Reluctantly, I went back to the tunnel. This time I could see it, every Pokemon I saw loathed me, they wanted me dead, the Kakuna hung down on their threads and stared, a shot that would bag me tons of points but I couldn?t bring myself to lift up the camera. I spent most of the rest of the level with my eyes shut tight with fear. Later, I opened my eyes a crack to see that the ZERO-ONE had stopped, an Electrode had rolled in front of me, its eyes twisted into an evil grin. It began shining, this was when I overcame my fear, a shot of an Electrode exploding was worth thousands of points, I held down the Z button to focus the camera?

The view switched to third person and the Electrode exploded, taking the ZERO-ONE with it, Todd Snapp collapsed to the ground, mangled and burnt and the screen faded to black. The words GAME OVER in bold red letters appeared.

That was the last thing I remembered before I awoke, on my floor, in my clothes, drenched with cold sweat. Noticing the scratched cartridge in my N64, I began to try and establish how much of it had been a dream, to only thing I was sure of was that the death at the end couldn?t have been real, Pokemon Snap was a kids game, you couldn?t die in it! Especially not in the way I had seen. I decided that I must have fallen asleep playing the game. I changed my clothes, had something to eat and then sat down to continue playing.

My save file was still there, so were the terrifying photos from before, the only thing that had changed was the route selection screen, the River Zone had been unlocked. Hoping the ?glitch? (?) was contained to the tunnel route, I selected the option and set off.

The river route was different, the Pokemon weren?t glaring, they were smiling, the same horrible, evil smile the Electrode in the Tunnel had on before it killed me. Terrified, I realised what was about to happen. I collapsed out of my chair and stumbled to the corner of the room, unable to turn away. The view switched to third person again and I watched as the ZERO-ONE was shattered between powerful jaws of a HUGE Cloyster. As Todd fell into the water dozens of Magikarp and Goldeen swarmed around and the river turned red with blood, ?GAME OVER?

Again I awoke on my floor, soaked in sweat. Unable to stop myself, I played again, and the same thing happened over and over,

Roasted by a Charizard ?GAME OVER?
Torn to shreds by a Gyarados ?GAME OVER?
Beaten to a pulp by a Kangaskhan ?GAME OVER?

More than a week later I could hardly think. The game was my whole world now, I couldn?t think of anything else, I couldn?t even think of my own name. I selected a new route, this route was something new. The ZERO-ONE trundled along the bottom of a deep crevice, I couldn?t see the sky at all. On both sides of me were all the Pokemon from the game, grinning expectantly, as if they were waiting for something entertaining. The ZERO-ONE stopped at the end of the crevice, there was a platform made of stone in front of me, almost like a stage. From out of the darkness swept a shadow that landed gracefully on the stage, it was Missingno but to my pulverised brain it was something completely new. Its face was made of two piercing red eyes and a small, red mouth. It opened its mouth revealing rows of sharp gleaming teeth, it ran its devil-like tongue along them and spoke with a grin,
?game over??
It swept into the air, gleaming with its signature Sky Attack, and shot towards me like a rocket, with its teeth bared.

I can only imagine what would have become of me if what happened next hadn?t happened? The telephone rang, in an instant my head snapped together, I realised where I was, who I was, I noticed the room around me, I noticed how hungry I was. Then I saw Missingno on the screen, still shooting towards me, I screamed and tore the N64 from the TV and threw it across the room where it shattered. I collapsed to the floor panting and wheezing. I answered the phone. It was my boss, wondering where the hell I?d been the previous week. Without knowing it, I think he may have saved my life, and I wondered how close the previous owner had come to whatever fate lay in Missingno?s teeth?
Ok, I know that this is gonna be an exercise in pointlessness, but I can't help myself. I know this story is a few of years old now, and probably nobody cares about the points that I'm going to bring up, including the author, but I feel like it has potential, so here goes.

I'm gonna critique this story.

My biggest grievance is that you used question marks (?) in the place of apostrophes. Also, you failed to use quotation marks, so it was often difficult to tell who was talking. Things like that really break the flow of a story. But enough about grammar.

Another thing you have to consider is that not everyone is familiar with the subject matter, i.e. Pokémon, so a lot of the symbolism/significance of mentioning specific ones is lost on quite a few people, myself included. If you included a brief description of them, that would really help, and fleshing out details is never a bad thing.

Another thing that bothered me is the way the narrator passes out every time he dies in the game. The first time was understandable, but then it just keeps on happening, almost to the point of being comical, especially since the deaths aren't that shocking. Eventually you begin to wonder if the narrator isn't just some kind of narcoleptic.

Small complaint here, but the whole thing about the phone call happening just at the right time? Felt a bit like a cop-out. Seems like a plot hole as well. I mean, my boss calls me if I'm 20 minutes late, I can't imagine anyone's boss waiting an entire week to call.

Anyways, that's my list of possible improvements that can be made, hope you consider them, and I hope you do keep writing in the future.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
ToastiestZombie said:
I know people are starting to hate "found footage" films, but these series of shorts are really, really spooky without falling back onto "OMG SLENDERMONZ!. I'd recommend going through them all, there's a few duds but most of them are creepy as fuck.

A lot of those were duds but a few were genuinely creepy, thanks.

OT: I had something pretty creepy happen to me the other day. The short of it is I woke up Sunday morning with a hood of a rain jacket I'd thought I'd lost a long time ago (the hood not the jacket) hanging on the outside of my bedroom door.

My girlfriend is out of the country. Our roommate move at a city three hours away two weeks ago. I live in a three bedroom duplex with no one else here that night. I had taken my girlfriend's mother to the airport on Saturday. When I checked Sunday the front door was unlocked and I don't know that I locked it. We've got two Dachshunds but they were at my Girlfriend's mother's house since she has three dogs and a dog door. If the door had been locked the only other key for our house would be on my Girlfriend's Mother's key ring and the only person who would know about it and know that I was alone would be my Girlfriend's Brother who does live with their mother. However he's single arm amputee at the shoulder and he has a head injury. He's almost 50 but functioning at about 10 years old so it wouldn't be impossible for him to drive the fifteen minutes from their house to ours but where'd he get the hood from? My Girlfriend's Sister also lives nearby but she's pregnant at the moment and I really couldn't see her doing this. Most of my friends don't know where I live and I'd be really creeped out to wake up to one of them in my duplex at night. Nothing in our duplex was taken and there were no other signs of anyone being here that night so it seems like a prank but I can't really think of anyone who'd do it. The more I think about it the more it creeps me out.

Euskalduna

Oct 15, 2011
thenumberthirteen said:
A picture so scary it scares you slim

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/lookaroundyou/programmes/food/slimmingpicture.jpg

Cookie for reference.
Pretty bare bone's that picture

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Miyenne said:
Ldude893 said:
I don't think I'm allowed to put a link up here, so I'll just say it:

The offended page of Encyclopedia Dramatica. Called by some as "the final boss of the internet", it is a page filled with every single famous shock-image on the internet, as well as several other horrors from the dark reaches of the web.
The weak and non-Jaded who scroll through the entire contents of the page linked below may come out afflicted with insanity and severe mental damage. Those who are daring, go onto Encyclopedia Dramatica and search up 'offended'. Scroll with care, exit when necessary, but do it somewhere private with closed windows.
I... don't know why I looked. I didn't get too far through, and I think there's something wrong with me, it didn't even upset me or make me sick. But I did stop looking.
Goodness gracious, I have to stop making decisions so late at night.
If my brain was more awake it would have said, "Yeah, it's tempting but you *know* that you won't get far and you'll regret what little you see." Which was still there but overridden by tired brain saying "Eh, what's the worst that could happen?"
The *instant* I saw something bad, I stopped.
Like, I saw the top half of a picture that I knew wasn't good and I had to stop.
Scrolled back up, tried again, got a tiny bit farther, regretted it even more and asked myself WHY I tried again.
I am a weak and feeble man broken by two inches of a single web page.
My the Lord have mercy upon my immortal soul.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
Dragon_of_red said:
I will Edit more in.
Ok, the length of your post creeped me out. lol
Another thing that creeps me out the the number of wedding advertisements I get everytime I visit the escapist.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
HoneyVision said:
Is it really that shocking/scary?
It was for me, but then again, I'm kind of a lightweight when it comes to that gross/bloody/whatever. I usually go out of my way to avoid it too, heck, I don't even look when I get my shots.
But I had a brief lapse in judgment. And I'm currently in a state of intense meditation to get what little I saw out of my head.
If you think you've got the guff, go for it, but personally, it's another one for the "under no circumstances do you go to this site" list.

HoneyVision

Jan 4, 2013
torno said:
HoneyVision said:
Is it really that shocking/scary?
It was for me, but then again, I'm kind of a lightweight when it comes to that gross/bloody/whatever. I usually go out of my way to avoid it too, heck, I don't even look when I get my shots.
But I had a brief lapse in judgment. And I'm currently in a state of intense meditation to get what little I saw out of my head.
If you think you've got the guff, go for it, but personally, it's another one for the "under no circumstances do you go to this site" list.
Just saw it. It's utter rubbish. Seriously, I'm not trying to sound like a hardass or anything because I can get pathetic with other weird things, but those pictures either look completely fake or just plain old strange. I've also seen some of those things in real life so an internet image is almost trivial.

I think it's the fact that the images have all been compiled into one large collection that really adds to its shock/offend factor.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
Kyle smiled and looked up into little Sally's eyes, spinning her gently in the air as he made sure every child at the party was having fun. He danced and played in his goofy costume and gentle manner, playing hide and seek and tag while the adults chatted elsewhere. Kyle sat down at a bench, reading a story to Timmy and Katie when he looked up and noticed something.

There, in the middle of the pond was Jenny, flailing around and struggling to get back to shore. Kyle tossed the book aside and ran to the pond, jumping in and making his way to the young girl's side. His costume took on water, but he was a strong swimmer and soon pulled the girl to shore. Laying her on her back he attempted to perform CPR.

As he worked to save the girls life, one of the parents happened by and looked on the scene. Unfortunately, from his angle all he could see was the older man leaning down and pressing his moth against Jenny's. The man ran back to the others, tellin them of what he had seen. Enraged, the group of them made their way to the lake.

Kyle stood, holding the lifeless body of Jenny in his arms. Tears fell from his eyes, realizing his failure to save her. As he was working up the nerve to tell the others what had happened, a rock slammed into the side of his head. He stumbled in shock, his arms going temporarily limp and sending Jenny to the ground. Before Kyle could react to the wound and the blood, he saw the enraged parents chasing him with sticks.

Some threw rocks, and even bricks, as Kyle fled for his life. Not daring to look back, or attempt to plead for mercy from the group. At last he found an old abandoned house and rushed inside. Slamming the door behind him, he slumped against a wall to catch his breath. What was everyone so angry about? One of them must have seen him trying to save the girl.

Kyle's eyes widened as he realized the error that had occured. Someone mistook his attempt at saving a life for something foul and perverted. He shuddered in disgust at the idea, and wondered how he could ever get them to calm down and realize the mistake. As he started to stand again, the window beside him shattered.

Kyle had but one moment to notice the green bottle that had been thrown inside, and see the burning paper in the mouth before the fire started. The dusty old building went up in flames within moments, Kyle screamed and tried to escape only to find the doors barred and through the windows he saw an angry mob watching the fire for signs of his escape.

Kyle's costume cought fire next, and his screams filled the night before the smoke silenced them. When the flames finally died, the building was little more than a blackened husk. The parents turned and left, believing their task was done.

As the night grew to its darkest, something stirred within the rubble. Fragments of ash and soot began to shift and move, and stream from every corner to coalesce into a growing form in the center of the room. The flakes of ash piled just over three feet high, before beginning to take on a more defined shape.

A pair of rounded ears sat atop a curved brown head. Paws grew from short hands and legs, and fur covered everything. A grin spread across Kyle's new face, as his new form was complete. The parents who'd wronged him would pay. Pedobear would show them true perversion...

Source- http://someordinarygamers.wikia.com/wiki/Perverse_Vengeance

Happy Halloween Y'all

[REDACTED]

Apr 30, 2012
Thread, rise from your grave!

I notice a stunning lack of Cry Reads here. Let's change that, shall we?

Stuffed animal creepiness[/youtube]
Murderous creepiness[/youtube]
Death-book creepiness[/youtube]

Enjoy! Heheheheh...

surferjoe95

Jan 19, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifrbf7mb3Jw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Found this a few days ago. Could be the start of something cool? Check it out, I'm sure there will be more videos to come. I know I'm sticking with it to find out. Definitely subscribed!

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
surferjoe95 said:
Found this a few days ago. Could be the start of something cool? Check it out, I'm sure there will be more videos to come. I know I'm sticking with it to find out. Definitely subscribed!
Yeeeeeeah, I can't help but feel you're just self-advertising for your new Youtube channel.

OT: I don't have anything scary to add. I was looking for a video/web animation thing called "The Doll Lady" that I watched like 5 years ago, but I think it's been removed or the website it was on is down because I can't find it.

surferjoe95

Jan 19, 2014
bojackx said:
surferjoe95 said:
Yeeeeeeah, I can't help but feel you're just self-advertising for your new Youtube channel.

OT: I don't have anything scary to add. I was looking for a video/web animation thing called "The Doll Lady" that I watched like 5 years ago, but I think it's been removed or the website it was on is down because I can't find it.
Nope, was watching marble hornets and came across it. Looks neat really.