The Second Escapist Community?s Top 100 Games [Voting Closed]

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Wow. 800+ replies in little over 2 days, that's more than last year got all week - I may have to start counting early to keep up if it continues this way. I wonder how many active accounts haven't voted and whether this is still a minority of the community or not.
Just something extra for me to research.

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
Sly Cooper 2: Band of Thieves
Resident Evil 4
Fallout 3
Just Cause 2
Metroid Prime

That 5th one was hard, but I figure MP deserved the vote since for me it's still the only game I've ever gotten SO into that I actually moved around in my chair. SC2 is my fav since it sits proudly in my memory as just nothing but pure fun (except that final fucking boss!). Resident Evil 4...that's just pure fun. Fallout 3 is a game that's meta without trying to be, and Just Cause 2 I've been enjoying so much that even 40 hours of it and I still want to play it, and if you want that, then you're having fun, and if you're having fun, it's a good game, especially 40 hours, and at least 23+ of those hours are after you've finished the story missions and taken some time off from the game

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Star Wars: X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
StarCraft
Portal

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate 2
Oblivion
Homeworld 2
Shogun: Total War (That's number 1)

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Drumroll please. And the nominees are:

Team Fortress 2 (PC)
Unreal Tournament 2004 (PC)
Age of Empires 2 (PC)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PC) (I know, the blasphemy of picking this over Morrowind, but I've never played it)
Fallout 3 (PC)

There were other games that I would have chosen for my fourth and fifth picks, but the modding community for Fallout and Oblivion made the games so much more than the vanilla versions.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Mass Effect 2
Starcraft
Diablo 2
Fable
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Oh God, I want more! So many I would add if it were Top 10, but unfortunately my Top 5 aren't especially unique...but in honesty's sake, I can't really say the more exotic of my favourites make that cut. That's a shame.

For the sake of anyone's curiosity, Otogi: Myth of Demons, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Portal, Banjo Kazooie and Dungeon Keeper would have likely have hypothetically rounded out my Top 10.

ScoopMeister

Mar 12, 2011
Halo: Reach.
Dragon Age: Origins (I liked DA 2, but Origins was better).
Portal 2 (even though I don't own it yet, what I've played is awesome and hilarious).
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire.
Batman Arkham Asylum.

These are my current favourites, although it changes almost daily. Crysis 2, TimeSplitters 2, Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Portal all deserve special mention as well.
I could go on, put the list would be almost endless.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Final Fantasy VII
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Final Fantasy Tactics
Vandal Hearts II
Final Fantasy IX

(My top 5 are all JRPG's, but there are only 2 others in my top 25, 3 if you include Super Mario World)

MightyMole

Mar 5, 2011
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - One of the first games I ever played, and still play it to this day. I own the 3 copies of this game, 1 N64 2 Gamecube, and I'm extremely excited for the 3DS version and will probably buy it day 1, even though I don't own a 3DS.

Pokémon: Red & Blue Version - Pretty much the same as LoZ, I played this back in it's heyday and still occasionally pick it up and play it, 14 years later. If you are only taking 1 version, choose Blue version.

Fallout 3 - I've put 500 hours into this game, and before Fallout 4 comes out, probably at least 100 more. I loved all the looting and making my character into an unstoppable bad ass.

Mass Effect 2 - The story was engaging, the characters were interesting and likable (The fact that I like and hate characters due to their personalities should be a testament in itself) and the gameplay was fun and enjoyable. There's just something about the Vanguard that makes me want to play over and over again.

Portal - I'm probably in the minority when I say this, but I even enjoyed doing all the advanced challenges. There was just a sense of accomplishment I got from doing them that you don't get from games anymore.

That's my top 5 in order (Wait... That dumbed down Mass Effect 2 over Portal? Controversy! :p) if that matters.

Taekro

Nov 8, 2010
Half-Life 2(PC)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PC)
Chrono Trigger (Snes)
Chrono Cross (PS2)
GTA San Andreas (PC)

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
Mass Effect 2
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Assassin's Creed 2
Dragon Age: Origins
Demon's Souls

No real order, just what came to mind whilst thinking of games and their merits to make this list of mine.

Eddy-16

Jan 3, 2011
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Digimon World
Batman Arkham Asylum
Fallout 3
The Elder Scroll IV: Oblivion