The Second (Un)Official Ecapist Potluck!

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
not sure how safe a lot of my food will be to bring. can i assume you're all ok with taking a few risks while eating?

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
A random person said:
Jedoro said:
A random person said:
Jedoro said:
A random person said:
Jedoro said:
I'll bring the bacon.
Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of bacon, but I still won't have enough.
Good sir I challenge you to a bacon eating contest. First person to have a heart attack loses.
You are on, my good man! But in order to allow the other guests to partake in any kind of bacony goodness, we must grill more bacon as we eat.

Agreed?
Agreed, and we'll have judges to evaluate who grills better bacon. I warn you, I have a knack for grilling!
You're a man, of course you have a knack for it!
I must confess that I've never actually grilled bacon, only fried it.
Damn it man you doomed us both!
You see, when you said because I'm a man I have a knack for grilling, you caused a woman to appear and challenge us both in the bacon eating and grilling contest. This will, because of what you said, be a feminist aesop and thus she is guaranteed to win no matter what we do. Since the victory term is whoever doesn't have a heart attack wins and it's a three-way competition now, both of us are going to suffer heart attacks while she smirks in self-satisfaction.

Don't worry too much, though, this is a humorous episode regardless of the tone of the overall series (think of fanservice or school festival episodes in anime), so it won't be a severe heart attack at all. Health care costs will be completely taken care of, insurance won't go up despite doing a very clearly health endangering action, and you'll be perfectly fine as if nothing happened by next episode, if not later in the episode.

Yeah, I'm just that genre savvy.
*billows awesome cape of awesomeness*
But we must spend six episodes powering up and preparing to consume the bacon, no?

Titanguy654

Jul 14, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
NoMoreSanity said:
I thought that meant you were calling it a useless piece of crap. And that it's mother was a prostitute.
Oh.
Well, I can understand how you could confuse the two.
They look really similar.
Heeeeey, guys. This is a potluck, be more mellow.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Jedoro said:
A random person said:
Jedoro said:
A random person said:
Jedoro said:
A random person said:
Jedoro said:
I'll bring the bacon.
Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of bacon, but I still won't have enough.
Good sir I challenge you to a bacon eating contest. First person to have a heart attack loses.
You are on, my good man! But in order to allow the other guests to partake in any kind of bacony goodness, we must grill more bacon as we eat.

Agreed?
Agreed, and we'll have judges to evaluate who grills better bacon. I warn you, I have a knack for grilling!
You see, when you said because I'm a man I have a knack for grilling, you caused a woman to appear and challenge us both in the bacon eating and grilling contest. This will, because of what you said, be a feminist aesop and thus she is guaranteed to win no matter what we do. Since the victory term is whoever doesn't have a heart attack wins and it's a three-way competition now, both of us are going to suffer heart attacks while she smirks in self-satisfaction.

Don't worry too much, though, this is a humorous episode regardless of the tone of the overall series (think of fanservice or school festival episodes in anime), so it won't be a severe heart attack at all. Health care costs will be completely taken care of, insurance won't go up despite doing a very clearly health endangering action, and you'll be perfectly fine as if nothing happened by next episode, if not later in the episode.

But we must spend six episodes powering up and preparing to consume the bacon, no?
We'd only have to do that if the contest was part of a serious arc. This is just a silly one episode thing like fanservice episodes, and thus the surrounding arc doesn't affect it.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
A random person said:
Jedoro said:
A random person said:
Jedoro said:
A random person said:
Jedoro said:
A random person said:
Jedoro said:
I'll bring the bacon.

Agreed?

We'd only have to do that if the contest was part of a serious arc. This is just a silly one episode thing like fanservice episodes, and thus the surrounding arc doesn't affect it.
What, a bacon-eating contest not a part of the story arc? Preposterous!

But given that our competition is a silly contest, let the shenanigans commence!

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Jedoro said:
A random person said:
Jedoro said:
A random person said:
Jedoro said:
A random person said:
Jedoro said:
A random person said:
Jedoro said:
I'll bring the bacon.

Agreed?

What, a bacon-eating contest not a part of the story arc? Preposterous!

But given that our competition is a silly contest, let the shenanigans commence!
Expect plenty of super-deformed humor, accidental pervert moments, some of the more hot-blooded and sillier characters getting in random hijinx, and some fanservice (some girls will be grilling in aprons, and only aprons. There will also be athletic competitions).