The Silence

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
15,305
0
0
The Silence

Would you close me? I'd close me. I'd close me so hard.

Read Full Article
 

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
33,804
0
0
Thanks for the Patreon clarification under the comic; the mere mention of that site seems to rustle some people's inner jimmies. Looks like a good and amicable deal you managed to strike, congrats!

OT: I feel instinctively protective toward the poor little sunflower in the arms of that nasty villain. I like the yway you drew the mouth on it.
 

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
1,559
0
0
To be fair, fucking up SimCity was a team effort. Maxis and Maxis alone are responsible for the shoddy pathfinding, and for an engine that can't scale to reasonable city sizes without an unacceptably massive performance hit. The Sims 4's base game being bland so they could save all the good stuff for expansion packs does stink of EA though.

P.S. Thanks
 

SKBPinkie

New member
Oct 6, 2013
552
0
0
Holy craps, I'm still laughing. One of my favorite CM comics in recent history.
 

Blazing Hero

New member
Feb 20, 2015
158
0
0
Thanks for clearing up the Patreon stuff. It seems like both the Escapist and you guys are getting a fair deal.
 

Skeleon

New member
Nov 2, 2007
5,410
0
0
Barbas said:
OT: I feel instinctively protective toward the poor little sunflower in the arms of that nasty villain. I like the yway you drew the mouth on it.
I think you might be falling for its con there, though. That sunflower knows something and clearly enjoys being carried around by its fleshy minion. To figure out who the real nasty villain is here, I think we might need to follow this to its... root.
 

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
10,237
0
0
Skeleon said:
Barbas said:
OT: I feel instinctively protective toward the poor little sunflower in the arms of that nasty villain. I like the yway you drew the mouth on it.
I think you might be falling for its con there, though. That sunflower knows something and clearly enjoys being carried around by its fleshy minion. To figure out who the real nasty villain is here, I think we might need to follow this to its... root.
Is it too late to do a CSI: Miami "YEEEEEEEEAAAAAH!" here?

OT: Hehe, interesting comic for today and nice touch clearing up the Patreon stuff too. Now it sounds like you and the Escapist are getting a fair deal in this whole matter.
 

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
6,374
0
0
Covarr said:
To be fair, fucking up SimCity was a team effort. Maxis and Maxis alone are responsible for the shoddy pathfinding, and for an engine that can't scale to reasonable city sizes without an unacceptably massive performance hit. The Sims 4's base game being bland so they could save all the good stuff for expansion packs does stink of EA though.

P.S. Thanks
Maxis was responsible, but I think it's debatable how much of Maxis was still Maxis and not just another reskinned group of generic "EA" at that point.

:D
 

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 26, 2020
5,800
1,489
118
Country
United Kingdom
This is absolute gold.

I particularly like the attention to detail, in the little bloody nail-marks on the walls of the pit.
 

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Apr 10, 2020
4,742
0
41
Country
USA
shrekfan246 said:
...reskinned...
Was that a pun? Because EA wearing the skins of these fallen devs is exactly what makes this comic so good.
 

Just Ebola

Literally Hitler
Jan 7, 2015
250
0
0
It's not easy to escape the skinning-pit once you've been tossed in there. I don't think Maxis will ever feel clean again, no matter how many times it gets the hose.
 

Lazule

New member
Oct 11, 2013
131
0
0
Thats sad. Poor Maxis, EA has always been HELL.

Anyway... Worry not Grey. I always have AdBlock off on the Escapist ever since lizzyf620 ♥.
I didn't had it off before because there were some annoying noisy adds aka "movie or game trailers" and I had to refresh the web every time until they disappeared.

I would have done it for you and Yahtzee through.
 

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
6,374
0
0
Signa said:
shrekfan246 said:
...reskinned...
Was that a pun? Because EA wearing the skins of these fallen devs is exactly what makes this comic so good.
I don't know if I'd go so far as to say I intended it to be a pun, but it was a deliberate word choice. It seems to be what best describes the mass effect on companies that get swallowed by EA's hellgate.
 

warmachine

Hating everyone equally
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
161
2
23
Country
United Kingdom
Gender
Male
I'd like to know how much of Maxis's recent dross is due to them and how much due to EA interference.
 

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
33,804
0
0
Skeleon said:
Barbas said:
OT: I feel instinctively protective toward the poor little sunflower in the arms of that nasty villain. I like the yway you drew the mouth on it.
I think you might be falling for its con there, though. That sunflower knows something and clearly enjoys being carried around by its fleshy minion. To figure out who the real nasty villain is here, I think we might need to follow this to its... root.
Now you mention it, the human's eyes do look rather lifeless. I think you're onto something, that dude may have been System Shock 2d.
 

Dominic Crossman

New member
Apr 15, 2013
399
0
0
You do know about the EU taxes on digital content, including income from the likes of Pateron. Just felt like I should warn you in case you didn't.
 

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
15,305
0
0
Dominic Crossman said:
You do know about the EU taxes on digital content, including income from the likes of Pateron. Just felt like I should warn you in case you didn't.
Neither of us live in the EU, but yeah, we did our homework on the tax stuff.
 

O-Castitatis-Lilium

New member
Nov 23, 2011
9
0
0
EA is just as much to blame for the Simcity issues as they are for the sims 4. EA was in charge of distribution no? EA probably had a hand in when it came out and what should be in it, considering they had bought Maxis before they put that simcity out. Granted, Maxis should have insisted a bit more before putting simcity out and should have asked for more time, and EA should have given them that time to make sure it worked properly. As for the sims 4 being bland, it's true. the sims 4 is a huge massive step back in a lot of areas form the sims 3. EA should have looked at what made the sims 3 popular and let Maxis do it's thing and not tried to chap out on things for the base game, and saving it for later expansions and DLC. A lot of the mistakes on both those games has EA's fingerprints all over them. Though, this isn't to say that Maxis is totally blameless, there were things they could have done and been more persistent on to keep the games from coming out the way they did.