The Simpsons Skewer Videogames at "E4"

Lattyware

Jun 15, 2011
Frostbite3789 said:
Lattyware said:
If you are going to compare it to other animated shows, then you are forgetting Archer, which remains the funniest animated (hell, maybe the funniest full stop) thing on TV.
As a fan of Frisky Dingo (the show the makers of Archer had before) I challenge you to a fight to the death.
Trust me, I loved Frisky Dingo, but it's over, and one has to accept that. The reality is Archer is a better show - I preferred FD - I love the in-jokes and insane humour, but Archer is more coherent, easier to pick up and enjoy for the average person, and still incredibly funny.

We'll see a lot more from Archer than Frisky Dingo, as it's more commercially viable, but it's still hilarious. Net gain.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Lattyware said:
Frostbite3789 said:
Lattyware said:
If you are going to compare it to other animated shows, then you are forgetting Archer, which remains the funniest animated (hell, maybe the funniest full stop) thing on TV.
As a fan of Frisky Dingo (the show the makers of Archer had before) I challenge you to a fight to the death.
Trust me, I loved Frisky Dingo, but it's over, and one has to accept that. The reality is Archer is a better show - I preferred FD - I love the in-jokes and insane humour, but Archer is more coherent, easier to pick up and enjoy for the average person, and still incredibly funny.

We'll see a lot more from Archer than Frisky Dingo, as it's more commercially viable, but it's still hilarious. Net gain.
I'm shocked you actually knew what Frisky Dingo is. Let alone made a Frisky Dingo in-joke there at the end.

But most of the time when someone is talking about how awesome Archer is, I bring up Frisky Dingo and they look at me like I'm insane. Apparently about eight people ever have even heard of that show.

Though I will say the last quarter of the second season was...kind of terrible.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
BlackWidower said:
You forgot to mention the part where Bart finishes Guts of War II in 30 seconds and the developer standing there says, "I spent a year of my life on this game, I missed my twin daughters growing up."

I don't get why people don't like the Simpsons? What exactly is wrong with it? I still think it's funny. It never stopped being funny. Or at the very least entertaining.
The Simpson's is sort of like music, the people who grew up with ninties Simpson's despise the 2000's Simpson's for being different and following the new generation.

Then you add the nostalgia glasses where EVERYTHING in the past is 1000x better then anything of this 'new' generation and wah-la. The show changed because it followed the culture, people who don't adapt to new culture and humour hate it. Others hate it because it's the 'cool' thing to do.

"I never saw the episode, but I know it sucks because it's not classic Simpson's".

I swear, if the show never changed and still had the same writing and jokes as the past, people'd ***** they ran out of ideas, won't change with the times and needs to die.

And the people bitching for them to cancel the show, well that's because the longer The Simpson's are on TV, the longer cancer will go uncured and the worse the world will become. ~.~'''

Lattyware

Jun 15, 2011
Frostbite3789 said:
Lattyware said:
Frostbite3789 said:
Lattyware said:

I'm shocked you actually knew what Frisky Dingo is. Let alone made a Frisky Dingo in-joke there at the end.

But most of the time when someone is talking about how awesome Archer is, I bring up Frisky Dingo and they look at me like I'm insane. Apparently about eight people ever have even heard of that show.

Though I will say the last quarter of the second season was...kind of terrible.
Well, I've gotten about 20 people to watch it, and probably 18 of those love it, so it's bigger than 8 XD

Yeah, FD was pretty unknown - especially here in the UK where I don't think it was ever on TV, but it's a great show, and really appeals to me, I love that kind of in-joke and reference humour.

That said, I'm also happy Archer exists.