The single most epic lyric of all time.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
'i now pronounce you ... ya'all' - hold my beer, Trace Adkins

the song is set during a wedding, and that little bit is between the first chorus and second verse, the bit before the first verse was pretty good to X3

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Tonight two great ships will pull back to their ports
Depleted of everything that shoots flames and reports
And in the morning the shells will wash up on the shore
And the mighty of earth will have no other recourse
But to shiver and shake and make shit in their shorts
Because we have been told "men if you've been assured
There's a way to live the values your forefathers gave you
Prepare to be told "that shits gay dude", but i guess that what they say is true
That there is no race more human, no one throws it away like they do

-Titus Andronicus, "The Battle of Hampton Roads"

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
Under my umbrella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh

God Rhianna is such a musical genius, icon, saviour. Truly ranked among one of the greatest lyricists and artists of our time. God bless her.

Oh fucking hell what did I just say

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
this is because i can spell confusion with a 'K' and i can like it
Its to dying in anothers arms and why i had to try it
its to jimmy eat world and those nights in my car
when the first star you see may not be a star
im not your star
Isnt that what you said what you thought this song meant

and if this is what it takes just to lye with my mistakes
and live with what i did to you
all the hell i put you through
i always catch the clock its 11:11 now you wanna talk
its not hard to dream you'll always be my konstantine
my konstantine
they'll never hurt you like i do
no they'll never hurt you like i do
no,no,no, no, no, no, no, no

Gets me every time. I taught myself piano just to play that song.

Iszfury

Oct 25, 2011
someonehairy-ish said:
Vicarious by Tool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUGbu6Jcrmw
+1
Also,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb9C1u8HsR8&feature=related

Mob round the dead
Point fingers at the details
Probing vomits for more
Caught in unbridled suspense

(8:00ish onward)

The song is more or less...about humanity's faults. Quite large a topic to take on in 12:00.

Ackbar420

May 19, 2012
TRANSFORMERS!

Defenders of truth!

Robots who fight in disguise!

TRANSFORMERS!

The battle is proof!

Only the strong will survive!

Till All Are One!

Till all are one - Stan Bush (find it on youtube. some say it's too epic for words)

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
Now here's a funky introduction of how nice I am
Tell your mother tell your father send a telegram
i'm like an energiser cause you see I last long
My crew is never ever whack because we stand strong

Ah old school hip hop, how I miss thee

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Damn that's an ugly baby
God damn that's an ugly ass baby
Oh Damn, Damn, Damn, Damn, Damn
OH I WANNA THROW THAT SHIT IN THE DUMPSTER!

MarlonBlazed

Jun 9, 2011
This ones too easy, every lyric Daniel Dumile ever wrote.
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Daniel_Dumile

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
I am an alien
I am strong and free

Devin Townsend Project - Juno

Just makes me laugh, I don't know why. Alot of Townsend's stuff makes me giggle (especially the Deconstruction album), but at the same time it's pure musical genious!

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Ramona, come closer
Shut softly your watery eyes
The pangs of your sadness
Will pass as your senses will rise
The flowers of the city
Though breathlike, get deathlike at times
And there's no use in tryin'
To deal with the dyin'
Though I cannot explain that in lines.

To Ramona by Bob Dylan

Great some with lots of amazing lyrics, but the opening verse is the one that gets me.

Gmans uncle said:
I've got a bike,
you can ride it if you like,
it's got a basket,
a bell that rings,
and things to make it look good.
I'd give it to you if I could,
but I borrowed it.

- Pink Floyd: Bike
Hehe I love this song.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
"Hello? Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me. Is there anybody home?" - Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

Alternatively:

"We don't need no education. We don't no thought control. No dark sarcasm in the classroom. Teacher leave them kids alone. Hey! Teachers! Leave them kids alone!" - Pink Floyd - Another Brick in The Wall Part 2

Alternatively alternatively:

"I want my cake and eat it too, with milk and blood and a piece of you, look what sick love made me do, pins stuck in my voodoo, doll baby suffering in my hands, will anyone on the hotline understand? I'm defiled, and dejected, suicidal and fully erected, blood rushing and I'm thinking, it's happy hour somewhere and I should be drinking!" - Polkadot Cadaver - Cake and Eat It Too

Alternatively alternatively alternatively:

I'm a mess, that's the best way to describe it having no time to myself's the only way I can fight it, when I'm alone it's like I'm staring into a mirror don't know the person inside and that's never been any clearer. I miss your family and I miss all our friends, if you had it to do over would you do it over again? 'Cause I would, it means something more to me, there's a hole in my heart where you used to be.

I still wish you the best of luck, baby, and don't go thinking that this was a waste of time, I couldn't forget you if I tried.

You killed what was left of the good in me, I'm tired so let me be broken, look down at the mess that's in front of me, no other words need be spoken, and I've got nobody else to blame though I've tried, kept all of our past mistakes held inside, I'll live with regret for my whole life.

I confess, that I brought this all on myself, condemned to suffer alone like there's nobody else, when you're gone it's like a whole part of me's missing so I'll keep living the lie and just hope that you're listening. I tried to make us a life here, but our foundation was built on sand. No time to run until the damage was done and I never had the upper hand.

I still wish you the best of luck, baby, and don't go thinking that this was a waste of time, I couldn't forget you if I tried.

You killed what was left of the good in me, I'm tired so let me be broken, look down at the mess that's in front of me, no other words need be spoken, and I've got nobody else to blame though I've tried, kept all of our past mistakes held inside, I'll live with regret for my whole life.

All the things you love are all the things I hate, how did we get here in the first place?

I play it cool but it's hard to be, (All my trust) is slowly burning inside of me (over what?), there can't be any more progress, I know our fate, the only thing that can heal this is time and space.

Alternatively x4:

The radio's stopped tuning. The static is forbidden. The chords quit a-strummin', mm-hmmm, but we found our new home. It will rain (falls so slow)... it will rain, down here.

The drums quit a-thumpin', these tones are forbidden. The throat can't start singing, the scarecrow is watching. It will rain (falls so slow)... it will rain, down here. It will rain (falls so slow).. it will rain, down here we're awake in the desert of song, silence broken, here we're awake and the silence is broken, silence is broken, silence is broken, here we sing, sing with the fear.

Fear the control tower, the new sun comes by the hour, ghosts slowly disappear in the fog, silence the suffering, we've built back the age old sound of song, sound of song. Sound of song.

Here we sing, sing with the fear.

Here we're awake in the desert of song, silence broken, here we're awake and the silence is broken. Silence is broken. Silence is broken. Here we sing, sing with the fear.

EDIT:
I've got this planet in my hands. You know I'll waste it if I can. Come on let's give it a twist and if it all turns to shit, oh wait, let's try that again. My life's too short to have a plan. Here, let me help you understand. First take this drink and this pill, relax your mind and be still, let's find out who I am. 'Cause I...

I'm just American trash. Stupid American trash. I'm just American... stupid American trash.

I've got this planet in my hands. Yeah I'll try to save it if I can. I'm satisfied with myself, don't care for anyone else, I'm so united when I stand. I get my facts from the TV, believe in everything I read, it's such an ignorant bliss, when the whole fucking world wants to be like me.

'Cause I... I'm just American trash. Stupid American trash. I'm just American... stupid American trash. I'm just American...

And everyone's shutting down, the people are so worn out, wake up, the dream is over. Everyone's shutting down, the people are so worn out, wake up, the dream is over. Wake up, the dream is over. Wake up...

I'm just American trash. Stupid American trash. I'm just American... stupid American trash. I'm just American trash.

You hold the key to my casket, no more questions, just the thought of fulfillment, sleep burns my eyes.

Now forced to grasp a world of infinity, the notion is revealed.

Transferring our thoughts into one. Swimming in my mind, my callous shell a reminder of what I've become.

You hold the key to my casket, no more questions, just the thought of fulfillment, sleep burns my eyes.

You hold the key to my casket.

Euryptus

May 4, 2011
Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk.

- Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"

And that was a tough choice for just a single lyric. Mr Waits is a spectacular lyricist.

On a lighter note -

Car crime?s low, the gun crime?s lower
The town hall band CD, it?s a grower
You never hear of folk getting knocked on the bonce
Although there was a drive-by shouting once

- Half Man Half Biscuit: For What Is Chatteris...

Half Man Half Biscuit are a very niche British band, but Nigel Blackwell's sarcastic wit really shines.

splayfoot1

Mar 9, 2012
Incubus, anything at all by Incubus, but these 2 in particular.

"I bite my tongue every time you come around, cause blood in my mouth beats blood on the ground."

and

"On the tip of my tongue an offensive is poised and rearing, my intention a bullet my body a trigger finger."

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Do the impossible
See the invisible
Row row fight the power!
Touch the untouchable
Break the unbreakbale
Row row fight the power!
Whatcha gunna do is whatcha wanna do
Just break the rules and you see the truth
This is the theme of the G comin' through baby
Row row fight the power!

I'm unoriginal. It's just good for motivating me.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
"You ask me how to cure your headache, use a gun"

-Think Harder, Sneaker Pimps.

I just find that line to be funny.

Klumpfot

Dec 30, 2009
In the kitchen
With a screaming triple amputee
Its completion depends solely on my needs
Said amputee's stumps
Are my way of saying; "Thank you, just for being you"
Its fear tastes better than its limbs

Phobophile by Cryptopsy. 'Tis beautiful.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Not the most epic lyrics by far, but still, awesome.

"I eat rocks and I breathe wind."

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Any song by Rhapsody of Fire or Luca Turilli has epic lyrics. Their albums tell an epic fantasy tale and although it can be pretty cheesy at times, it doesn't fail to send chills down your spine.

"I SWEAR MY SPIRIT WILL NEVER FALL!"