The Souls Series Replayed

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
A MH stamina system in DS would change the flow of the game, and make it more convoluted than it ever needs to be. Besides,

Hardly ever uses even 20% of available stamina pool and seems to be doing just fine while wailing away at the thing. Whether that’s possible through perks/items/etc. is kind of irrelevant as it renders the whole system rather pointless, so why bother having one with different requirements to manage it.

Souls games have stat requirements as well as a damage scaling tier based on respective stat levels, so the effect is synergistic when combined with the correct weapon. Not sure how or why that would be a bad thing, but it’s far too common a trend with you to overlook or dismiss things like that.
How is making a player manage stamina convoluted? Sekiro basically has exactly that, is Sekiro convoluted?

Why do you keep posting endgame builds and videos for MH? You're not going to be able to play like that for most of the game. Endgame stuff makes like every game seem like a joke a lot of times.

I know all of this stuff about Souls. I didn't say Souls didn't have scaling damage with stats, I said you can bypass it. It would be like a wizard in DnD being able to bypass the Intelligence stat and have as powerful spells as someone that put points into Intelligence. Since fire "magic" doesn't require stat investment a level say 60 character that farmed souls and maxed out fire magic put literally nothing stat-wise into that to get that powerful magic. That level 60 character is more powerful than another level 60 character that didn't use a method to bypass stat investment.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
How is making a player manage stamina convoluted? Sekiro basically has exactly that, is Sekiro convoluted?

Why do you keep posting endgame builds and videos for MH? You're not going to be able to play like that for most of the game. Endgame stuff makes like every game seem like a joke a lot of times.

I know all of this stuff about Souls. I didn't say Souls didn't have scaling damage with stats, I said you can bypass it. It would be like a wizard in DnD being able to bypass the Intelligence stat and have as powerful spells as someone that put points into Intelligence. Since fire "magic" doesn't require stat investment a level say 60 character that farmed souls and maxed out fire magic put literally nothing stat-wise into that to get that powerful magic. That level 60 character is more powerful than another level 60 character that didn't use a method to bypass stat investment.
It’s convoluted because it uses how many different types of food/drink/etc. to manage a point-based system that’s ultimately rendered pointless anyways. With Souls it doesn’t matter what game cycle you’re on since stamina is always being used equally. The rings or talismans in ER only negate a small percentage to enable recharging slightly faster or gaining an extra hit or two.

Sekiro doesn’t have a stamina system either. The posture system is built off of Souls’ poise system. The difference is being able to run, jump, attack, etc. as much as you like without penalty, but only when guarding is that mechanic introduced.

That last paragraph is a failure on your part to understand or acknowledge that pyromancies have operated on a different path than magic/faith in Souls games. It’s a bogus argument for the sake of it and nothing else, which makes it a waste of time to keep trying to explain here. Any build type can be viable if you know how and what to invest in. Some more than others but that’s true with pretty much any game that has a ton of variables.