The Souls Series Replayed

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
What if we only took what the OG told us and not the sequels?" which is a question that I rarely hear asked or pondered.
I am guilty of this too. Nothing new here; even with Devil May Cry. In the original, Dante and Vergil are just brothers, and not referred to as twins. This might have been a translation/localization issue though. The implication being that Vergil is still the older sibiling. Not helping matters is that the now non-canon Novel #1 had a completely different writer and claimed that Vergil was always this bad ass who had it out for Dante in the beginning. That is not what Hideki Kamiya wanted, nor how he wrote Vergil. Vergil was always a good person, and was kidnapped by Mundus as a child. Them being twins was added and out right stated in the 3rd game.

Novel#1 is non-canon, but bits and pieces were used to make Vergil in DMC3. To the point where Vergil instead gets captured at the age of 19, after throwing his self in hell, and foolishly taking on the Demon King. Certainly one version got more popular than the other. So it's not all bad when lucking out or fixing a writing issue. Of course, Capcom wrote themselves in to a corner with DMC2, which is why we got a sequel prequel in the first place. They wanted to get away from DMC2 as far as possible.

Reactions: Dalisclock

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I don't care personally, but gameplay and lore reasons are why many don't like DSII. I have the video time stamped for you.

I guess he doesn't like Nomura. Which is fine, but I feel like he is so vague with his gripes that he is almost griping about nothing. The thought process was a little hard to fine about what specifically he had a problem with outside of the overuse of marketing characters?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I am guilty of this too. Nothing new here; even with Devil May Cry. In the original, Dante and Vergil are just brothers, and not referred to as twins. This might have been a translation/localization issue though. The implication being that Vergil is still the older sibiling. Not helping matters is that the now non-canon Novel #1 had a completely different writer and claimed that Vergil was always this bad ass who had it out for Dante in the beginning. That is not what Hideki Kamiya wanted, nor how he wrote Vergil. Vergil was always a good person, and was kidnapped by Mundus as a child. Them being twins was added and out right stated in the 3rd game.

Novel#1 is non-canon, but bits and pieces were used to make Vergil in DMC3. To the point where Vergil instead gets captured at the age of 19, after throwing his self in hell, and foolishly taking on the Demon King. Certainly one version got more popular than the other. So it's not all bad when lucking out or fixing a writing issue. Of course, Capcom wrote themselves in to a corner with DMC2, which is why we got a sequel prequel in the first place. They wanted to get away from DMC2 as far as possible.
Oh, I'm reminded of the Metal Gear series and it's CONSTANT retconning by the damn game. Like the whole "Snake has a twin brother and they're both Clones of Big Boss" was something that didn't even exist in the lore until Metal Gear Solid, which was the 3rd game in the series. When Big Boss and Snake talk in Metal Gear 2, there's NO hint that this particular relationship because it didn't exist yet. To make it even wierder, MSG4 tried to pull this "BIg Boss helped Found the Patriots but left because he was mad about being cloned againest his will", but then when the subject it brought up in the next two games(PW and MGSV) Big Boss has no reaction at all and there's maybe a hint he was ever part of the Patriots at all. Portable Ops kind of feeds into this but Peace Walker pretty much treats Portable Ops like it's non-canon(it's referenced all of ONCE in PW and then never mentioned again) so IDW.

So it's fuckin all over the damn place. Thank you for attending my TED Talk.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I've seen it but I appreciate it. I know Plague does really hate what the sequels did to the lore, particularly the idea of cycles of light and dark(oh boy, does he hate it. He went on about it in his INCREADIBLY LONG DS playthrough that I watched the entire thing of because I'm fucking insane or something) but I do like the whole thing about "What if we only took what the OG told us and not the sequels?" which is a question that I rarely hear asked or pondered.
And his point about Dark Souls 2 doesn't even make sense. Dark Souls 2 attempts to make it's own world. It's not continuing anything from DS1 except the name like Final Fantasy games do. So his argument that DS1 should have remained it's own complete thing is invalid in regards to DS2 because they have nothing to do with each other lorewise. Ds3 is a direct sequel to DS1 and takes place several ages separated from DS1 so that the changes make sense within the universe and tie together with references and closure. He presents bad faith arguments based on his feeling about sequels here and not about any real knowledge of the games he is talking about here.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oh, I'm reminded of the Metal Gear series and it's CONSTANT retconning by the damn game. Like the whole "Snake has a twin brother and they're both Clones of Big Boss" was something that didn't even exist in the lore until Metal Gear Solid, which was the 3rd game in the series. When Big Boss and Snake talk in Metal Gear 2, there's NO hint that this particular relationship because it didn't exist yet. To make it even wierder, MSG4 tried to pull this "BIg Boss helped Found the Patriots but left because he was mad about being cloned againest his will", but then when the subject it brought up in the next two games(PW and MGSV) Big Boss has no reaction at all and there's maybe a hint he was ever part of the Patriots at all. Portable Ops kind of feeds into this but Peace Walker pretty much treats Portable Ops like it's non-canon(it's referenced all of ONCE in PW and then never mentioned again) so IDW.

So it's fuckin all over the damn place. Thank you for attending my TED Talk.
Wait until you get to Resident Evil lore. Albert Wesker just started as some Umbrella lacky who was just Ash from Alien, minus the whole android thing. Capcom turned him in to a Dio Brando master manipulator while adding in Agent Smith and The Advanced Model (Drive 1997). Also, his backstory got changed so much that it's ridiculous. Basically, instead of choosing Umbrella at some point in his adult life, he was with them since childhood. Wesker was part of a selective breeding program made up of 12 other kids. Naming them The 13 Weskers (Capcom, why are you stealing from Kingdom Hearts?!). Though Wesker was not aware of this until a flashback in RE5 with Spencer. Wesker did not take it well. All of the other children died, saved for Wesker and Alex Wesker. Her villainy is explored in Revelations 2.

Not to mention, Raccoon City got bigger in each game, and was no longer a town with 10,000 something people and became a full on big city.

And his point about Dark Souls 2 doesn't even make sense. Dark Souls 2 attempts to make it's own world. It's not continuing anything from DS1 except the name like Final Fantasy games do. So his argument that DS1 should have remained it's own complete thing is invalid in regards to DS2 because they have nothing to do with each other lorewise. Ds3 is a direct sequel to DS1 and takes place several ages separated from DS1 so that the changes make sense within the universe and tie together with references and closure. He presents bad faith arguments based on his feeling about sequels here and not about any real knowledge of the games he is talking about here.
You clearly know more than me and Plauge, since you actually bothered to go in to more detail.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
While I agree DS2 is very far removed from DS1, a bunch of the stuff Aldia says in SOTFS does very much reference Gywn and the First Sin(AKA keeping the flame going), but then DS3 more or less ignored most of DS2 anyway except the stuff about thrones being connected to the first flame(and the giants from DS2 turning into trees) so it doesn't really matter and you can ignore more of it.

I don't agree with a lot of the stuff he posits there, honestly but I get what he's going for.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
While I agree DS2 is very far removed from DS1, a bunch of the stuff Aldia says in SOTFS does very much reference Gywn and the First Sin(AKA keeping the flame going), but then DS3 more or less ignored most of DS2 anyway except the stuff about thrones being connected to the first flame(and the giants from DS2 turning into trees) so it doesn't really matter and you can ignore more of it.

I don't agree with a lot of the stuff he posits there, honestly but I get what he's going for.
There is also the fact that DS2 wasn't made by Miyazaki and was developed by a B-team within Fromsoft. There are a lot of reasons as to why Dark Souls 2 isn't as good as previous games, but his whole point seems based around "it sucks because it's a sequel and sequels are bad". Which would also explain his distaste for FF7Remake since it's implied to be a sequel to the original game. So i get it, and he has his reasons for not liking it and that's fine. It's preference, and I just don't see the angle he is trying to come from in this regard.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
There is also the fact that DS2 wasn't made by Miyazaki and was developed by a B-team within Fromsoft. There are a lot of reasons as to why Dark Souls 2 isn't as good as previous games, but his whole point seems based around "it sucks because it's a sequel and sequels are bad". Which would also explain his distaste for FF7Remake since it's implied to be a sequel to the original game. So i get it, and he has his reasons for not liking it and that's fine. It's preference, and I just don't see the angle he is trying to come from in this regard.
What's really interesting is that he didn't seem to like Bloodborne much either which isn't isn't pretending to be a DS sequel. He is playing ER on stream but i have no idea how he feels about it.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Boooo!

Just getting mine in there now before the rush starts.

I don't hate DS2, honestly. I think the DLC areas are actually pretty good but the base game is super uneven and all over the damn place. It feels more Janky then the other games(except for maybe DeS, the OG one), there's a ton of really....lackluster Boss and map design(some really good ones too, to be fair). And really, the dev hell it went through is no doubt responsible for a lot of that. I like what it tried to do, but the result I don't particularly enjoy as much as I wanted to.

Also, I particularly dislike how there's no embered/human state so you can(and will) be invaded at any time and boy, did it feel like I was constantly being invaded. I tolerated it in all of the other Souls game(It wasn't a problem in BB because I played 90% of BB offline....because Sony) but in DS2 I found it fucking obnoxious.

I didn't play it until after the SOTFS edition was out and maybe a year after playing DS1, so I knew plenty about it when I started and adjusted my expectations accordingly. I l knew it wasn't Dark Souls 1 and judged it on it's own merits and flaws.
I usually would burn a human effigy if I got invaded once in an area, which seemed to help, short of just playing offline.

DS2 is what I’d call the “everything but the kitchen sink” SoulsBorne game, where the sink is a double basin style pertaining to story and level design.

Another kitchen analogy would be there were too many cooks in it, which is evident by the way the rest of it is designed like they wanted to “go bigger” without thinking much past that in any significant way. Like, the individual assets and locations are often excellent but there’s little visionary aspect to string it all together.

I enjoyed it purely as a character building game without the more mindful flourishes of the original, and the DLC felt like it corrected some of the base game’s issues with better level design and more focused objectives. IIRC Miyazaki had a better hand in overseeing these areas. I also waited until SotFS to play any of it, so my opinion is a bit privileged having started with the best version, as well as keeping expectations low based on rampant criticisms of the base game. Not saying I’d want to ever start another NG, but I ended up liking it well enough on its own. Perhaps what I appreciated most was how with bonfire aesthetics an NG playthrough could be stretched seemingly forever without feeling in any rush to start NG+.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
I tolerated it in all of the other Souls game(It wasn't a problem in BB because I played 90% of BB offline....because Sony)
Aside from the PS+ thing, it also wouldn't have been a problem in Bloodborne because invasions are not turned on by default in 95% of the game.

Invasions in Bloodborne only become possible once the player invites a second player to play with them.

This causes a witch to spawn in the map which attempts to spawn invaders.

There are two places in the game where this witch is present by default; the nightmare area where one fights amygdala and the nightmare of memsis' first area. And for some reason the area after Micolash' boss fight has invasions turned on without the presence of a witch ( if memory serves ).

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
The old Monk is just a dipshit with a sword, but because he is blind and you can fuck with him using the Theif Ring it becomes a much more memorable fight.
Were you playing online? Because the Old Monk is actually a secret PvP boss, which I thought was a really unique and interesting concept.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Aside from the PS+ thing, it also wouldn't have been a problem in Bloodborne because invasions are not turned on by default in 95% of the game.

Invasions in Bloodborne only become possible once the player invites a second player to play with them.

This causes a witch to spawn in the map which attempts to spawn invaders.

There are two places in the game where this witch is present by default; the nightmare area where one fights amygdala and the nightmare of memsis' first area. And for some reason the area after Micolash' boss fight has invasions turned on without the presence of a witch ( if memory serves ).
I thought the Unseen village was one of them as well. Because of the PS+, I had no idea that a number of areas had invasions on by default. I finally broke down for PS+ when I got to the DLC because I could not beat Lady Maria by myself and needed to summon an actual person to beat her.

Again, because Sony has this wierd policy of making you pay extra for Souls multiplayer whereas this doesn't seem to be a problem playing on Steam(and thus why I always play on Steam if the game is actually available on steam).

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Were you playing online? Because the Old Monk is actually a secret PvP boss, which I thought was a really unique and interesting concept.
I meant Old Hero. The blind guy with the sword, not the Old Monk who is the pvp boss yes. The old monk only sucks because they put a fucking mind flayer on the narrow ass stairs going up to him.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Souls 2 does make some vague inferences to DS1 as something that happened ages and ages ago. Presumably establishing a "canon" where DS 1 and DS 3's characters kept linking the fires then whatever centuries later all these other kingdoms had arisen and a few races had unextincted themselves (Giants and Dragons). (I haven't played DS3's DLC so that may get contradictory).

Although... eh. You can try and duct tape shredded paper bits off item descriptions all you want, making any kind of strong lore case from the Souls series is pretty tenous at best, and fanfic material more then likely. I'll give credit to ER that the lore bits are more significant, clear, and since the areas and people mentioned are actually ingame, generally intelligible.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
So Demon's Souls is done, platinumed, and I'm probably not playing this game again for a very very very very very long time.

If you guys think Elden Ring is obtuse the shit you need to deal with in Demon's Souls is fucking disgusting. World Tendancy is a terrible system by itself because it makes the game harder the more you fail at it and that is fucking dickheaded design full stop. But combined with Player Tendancy it's even worse, because that also causes thing to get harder.

But the real kicker is that you need to purposefully make the tendancies go from light to black to light again in order to get all the shit in the game.

So during the first playthrough you have to kill yourself in the nexus every time you kill a boss. This is important, because you never want to be in human (full health) form while in a world because if you die while human you blacken the tendancy of that world. So you fight in soul form only (half health, or 75% if you wear the ring which you will and this means you technically only ever have 1 ring slot at a time because fucking bad design). Every time you kill a boss the world gets lighter tendancy until it reached pure white. Which means after every boss, go back to the nexus and kill yourself so that you don't risk dying in a world and fuck up the tendancy.

The reason you want full white and full black tendancy for the worlds is that there are special events that happen in the levels when you are full black or white. In white you get things like the key to free the ghost guy in the Tower of Latria, which by the way you have to do FIRST because then you turn the world black and have to fight that ghost's black phatom which wont occur if you didn't free him in pure white world first. Come the fuck on with this bullshit Fromsoft. Who thought this was a good idea? Oh and by the way, the game doesn't explain ANY of this shit. Never once does the game even mention the Tendancy system at all, so people just had to fuck around and figure this shit out.

Then there is player tendancy, which relies on world tendancy. So the way it works is that you get white (good) tendancy by killing black phantom NPC's which only occur when the world is black. But here's the kicker, if you don't directly kill the phantom it doesn't count towards your tendancy. That's right, if you use a bleed weapon for example and it's a tick of bleed that kills the phantom you GET NOTHING FUCKER!!!!!! It has to die from direct damage by you, so go fuck yourself.

Getting player tendancy to pure white takes killing a phantom in all five worlds. Then once you are pure white, you get a ring from a guy in the nexus. And now you have to go to pure black player tendancy which is done by killing npc's. BUT!!!! Do not kill Nexus NPC's yet! Go around and kill the shop keepers and blacksmiths in the actual worlds, BUT NOT PATCHES! once you've killed those you should have almost pure black, so then you kill blacksmith ED in the nexus and that should get you pure black player tendancy.

Go upstairs in the nexus and there will be a special npc who gives you missions to kill a bunch of npc's in the nexus, (oh by the way this step requires that you have saved every npc possible from the worlds first) kill the npc's as the quest desires and turn them in. The final quest will reward you with another ring (which should be your last ring and thus the trophy) Then you have to kill the mission giver, and now you can go beat the game.

NG+ is the worst fucking thing ever. I don't know what the idea was, but NG+'s scaling is fucking broken. You see Demon's Souls only lets you get weapons to +5 and the weapons don't scale the way they do in other soul's games. By the time you finish your first playthrough you are pretty much as strong as you are ever going to get. But NG+ doesn't seem to give a shit, and it will fuck you up. The valley of defilement is fucking broken, because every enemy will one shot you and there are tons of time hiding in blind corners, or positioned to hit you right as you fall into a hole you MUST fall into to proceed through the level. It's insanely hard, which is crazy because the normal game is pretty easy if you have souls experience. In NG+ the bosses are a joke, it's the enemies in the levels that are the challenge. It's baffling to me really.

So NG+ is required because you can't get all the spells in one playthrough, you need a few boss souls in NG+ to get the rest of the spells. Then I started a brand new game in order to gather all the miracles because those also need boss souls and I'm not going to fuck around with NG+2 when just doing a fresh character was faster.

At the end of the day Demon's Souls is interesting as the "father" of the Souls games but I'm glad they did away with the tendancy shit because it was a garbage system. There are a lot of bad choices in design that are gone in future titles, however the bad designs in Demon's Souls get replaced with other bad design choices.

For now I'm glad that game is done.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
So Demon's Souls is done, platinumed, and I'm probably not playing this game again for a very very very very very long time.

If you guys think Elden Ring is obtuse the shit you need to deal with in Demon's Souls is fucking disgusting. World Tendancy is a terrible system by itself because it makes the game harder the more you fail at it and that is fucking dickheaded design full stop. But combined with Player Tendancy it's even worse, because that also causes thing to get harder.

But the real kicker is that you need to purposefully make the tendancies go from light to black to light again in order to get all the shit in the game.

So during the first playthrough you have to kill yourself in the nexus every time you kill a boss. This is important, because you never want to be in human (full health) form while in a world because if you die while human you blacken the tendancy of that world. So you fight in soul form only (half health, or 75% if you wear the ring which you will and this means you technically only ever have 1 ring slot at a time because fucking bad design). Every time you kill a boss the world gets lighter tendancy until it reached pure white. Which means after every boss, go back to the nexus and kill yourself so that you don't risk dying in a world and fuck up the tendancy.

The reason you want full white and full black tendancy for the worlds is that there are special events that happen in the levels when you are full black or white. In white you get things like the key to free the ghost guy in the Tower of Latria, which by the way you have to do FIRST because then you turn the world black and have to fight that ghost's black phatom which wont occur if you didn't free him in pure white world first. Come the fuck on with this bullshit Fromsoft. Who thought this was a good idea? Oh and by the way, the game doesn't explain ANY of this shit. Never once does the game even mention the Tendancy system at all, so people just had to fuck around and figure this shit out.

Then there is player tendancy, which relies on world tendancy. So the way it works is that you get white (good) tendancy by killing black phantom NPC's which only occur when the world is black. But here's the kicker, if you don't directly kill the phantom it doesn't count towards your tendancy. That's right, if you use a bleed weapon for example and it's a tick of bleed that kills the phantom you GET NOTHING FUCKER!!!!!! It has to die from direct damage by you, so go fuck yourself.

Getting player tendancy to pure white takes killing a phantom in all five worlds. Then once you are pure white, you get a ring from a guy in the nexus. And now you have to go to pure black player tendancy which is done by killing npc's. BUT!!!! Do not kill Nexus NPC's yet! Go around and kill the shop keepers and blacksmiths in the actual worlds, BUT NOT PATCHES! once you've killed those you should have almost pure black, so then you kill blacksmith ED in the nexus and that should get you pure black player tendancy.

Go upstairs in the nexus and there will be a special npc who gives you missions to kill a bunch of npc's in the nexus, (oh by the way this step requires that you have saved every npc possible from the worlds first) kill the npc's as the quest desires and turn them in. The final quest will reward you with another ring (which should be your last ring and thus the trophy) Then you have to kill the mission giver, and now you can go beat the game.

NG+ is the worst fucking thing ever. I don't know what the idea was, but NG+'s scaling is fucking broken. You see Demon's Souls only lets you get weapons to +5 and the weapons don't scale the way they do in other soul's games. By the time you finish your first playthrough you are pretty much as strong as you are ever going to get. But NG+ doesn't seem to give a shit, and it will fuck you up. The valley of defilement is fucking broken, because every enemy will one shot you and there are tons of time hiding in blind corners, or positioned to hit you right as you fall into a hole you MUST fall into to proceed through the level. It's insanely hard, which is crazy because the normal game is pretty easy if you have souls experience. In NG+ the bosses are a joke, it's the enemies in the levels that are the challenge. It's baffling to me really.

So NG+ is required because you can't get all the spells in one playthrough, you need a few boss souls in NG+ to get the rest of the spells. Then I started a brand new game in order to gather all the miracles because those also need boss souls and I'm not going to fuck around with NG+2 when just doing a fresh character was faster.

At the end of the day Demon's Souls is interesting as the "father" of the Souls games but I'm glad they did away with the tendancy shit because it was a garbage system. There are a lot of bad choices in design that are gone in future titles, however the bad designs in Demon's Souls get replaced with other bad design choices.

:)

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I just want Bloodborne for PC. You'd never see me again! I would slowly turn into a mummy in my room, wasting away in my search for insight of the old ones!
Love me Lovecraft lore - even if the fear of the unknown isn't a big factor in today's day and age anymore. and Victorian gothic. That game, despite me rage quitting the first few time I tried to play it, was amazing and almost tailor made for me.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Can we also talk about soundtracks in the series?

Say what you will about the gameplay, but I feel one thing FS always nailed was the sountrack.

Ornstein & Smough, Gwyn Lord of Cinder, Majula, Ludwig the holy blade, Starscourage Radahn, Ancestor Spirit, nameless song, Shrine of Amana, and the list goes on.

I think they complement the fact that most of the time, there's no background music while you travel through the world with only the sound of ambiance. Elden Ring does have background music no matter where you are, but they are very subtle.

And after you reach a certain boss or an area, boom, it hits you with the amazing soundtrack. Gwyn's theme made me feel really bad, Ludwig's theme transitioning frm monstrous to something dignified was amazing, Radahn's theme captured the feeling of thrill of battle, Majula's theme reflected the sunset hub world, and Shrine of Amana was very contrasting compared to shit you go through in that area (fuck those magic-cheesing mofos!). And In Dark Souls 3, Soul of Cinder theme transitioning to Gwyn's theme hit me hard.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Can we also talk about soundtracks in the series?

Say what you will about the gameplay, but I feel one thing FS always nailed was the sountrack.

Ornstein & Smough, Gwyn Lord of Cinder, Majula, Ludwig the holy blade, Starscourage Radahn, Ancestor Spirit, nameless song, Shrine of Amana, and the list goes on.

I think they complement the fact that most of the time, there's no background music while you travel through the world with only the sound of ambiance. Elden Ring does have background music no matter where you are, but they are very subtle.

And after you reach a certain boss or an area, boom, it hits you with the amazing soundtrack. Gwyn's theme made me feel really bad, Ludwig's theme transitioning frm monstrous to something dignified was amazing, Radahn's theme captured the feeling of thrill of battle, Majula's theme reflected the sunset hub world, and Shrine of Amana was very contrasting compared to shit you go through in that area (fuck those magic-cheesing mofos!). And In Dark Souls 3, Soul of Cinder theme transitioning to Gwyn's theme hit me hard.
I gotta be honest, I couldn't tell you one boss from another in terms of music. I do like the music in the series throughout, but it's all built around the same operetic choir stuff that I really can't tell the difference between. Game to game you can sort of tell, as Bloodborne's music has a much different feel. But between all the souls games I couldn't tell you which song belonged in which game for the life of me.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland

Honestly I think it's pretty telling that World tendency never showed up again in the series. FROM no doubt realized how bad people received it and said "we're not doing that again".

I do look forward to checking out the remake at some point now that I have a machine to play it on all the same.

It won't be for a while after I finish Elden Ring though. In the meantime I'll keep an eye out for a sale on the game