The StarCraft II Beta Has Begun

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU-

I didn't get in. T_T

However, there is still hope, since the FAQ says that they will be handing out invites periodically, so there's still a chance I can get one.

Crossing my fingers until they merge together!

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
John Funk said:
Oh man, this is so freaking good, guys.

SO GOOD.
You really shouldn't have posted anything. Now you're going to get quoted out the wazoo :3

I relish the oncoming sequel for one reason and one reason only: MOAR BOOKS/FANFICS/RP POTENTIAL! Oh, and the story that the actual game tells should probably be pretty good too.

Now, the REAL question is whether the game's awesome factor will be heavily debunked based off of how much the Zerg/Protoss campaigns cost when they're released. If Blizzard decides to sell all three of them at full price, you can bet your bottom dollar that most fans are going to buy one, and pirate the other two, regardless of how awesome they are. Nobody is going to buy the game three times unless the segments are each a third of what the game would normally cost.

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
Awesome!

OffT: Did anyone see the "Now Playing" feature on gamespot.com? Holy shit. Where those guys high or simply retarded? How did they get their jobs? And by "they" I'm especially referring to the guy who couldn't liftoff one of his building when it was blocking the path of his units. I'm completely baffled.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Mortagog said:
Awesome!

OffT: Did anyone see the "Now Playing" feature on gamespot.com? Holy shit. Where those guys high or simply retarded? How did they get their jobs? And by "they" I'm especially referring to the guy who couldn't liftoff one of his building when it was blocking the path of his units. I'm completely baffled.
In all fairness, being a good game journalist doesn't mean being good at all sorts of games.

Brickcups

May 27, 2009
e2density said:
OHHHHH!
That's why I didn't see the Korean kid at school today.
If only I had got in. Nobody would have seen me for days. *Sigh*
Congrats to people who DID make it though. =] Can't wait to play this thing.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
John Funk said:

SO GOOD.
So I have a question for you Mr. Funk: how good are you at MP games? Me? I suck. Badly. I am- by nature- a very staid and methodical person, which as everyone knows translates to "OMG RAPE ME WITH YOUR ZERG RUSH" in RTS games.

I have been considering auctioning off my beta key for WoW gold, because apparently that isn't a violation of Blizz's ToS.

But if you tell me that the game is actually n00b-friendly, I might give it a look...

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
solidstatemind said:
John Funk said:

SO GOOD.
So I have a question for you Mr. Funk: how good are you at MP games? Me? I suck. Badly. I am- by nature- a very staid and methodical person, which as everyone knows translates to "OMG RAPE ME WITH YOUR ZERG RUSH" in RTS games.

I have been considering auctioning off my beta key for WoW gold, because apparently that isn't a violation of Blizz's ToS.

But if you tell me that the game is actually n00b-friendly, I might give it a look...
It honestly depends on the game. I'm pretty damn good at L4D2, but my RTS skills could use some work.

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
John Funk said:
Mortagog said:
In all fairness, being a good game journalist doesn't mean being good at all sorts of games.
Do you get a badge for being quoted by staff? (>^.^)> <(^.^<)

I agree, although one would think that they would be familiar with basic game mechanics, especially those of the game they're doing a piece on. Sure, some game journalists only do sports and some only do jrpgs, but something tells me these guys didn't have any such excuse.