The Super Hero RP Deluxe! (Closed, Started)

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Karen

Karen just rolled her eye when he started spouting non-sense about fame. Honestly she'd stopped listening to morons like him long before she vanished, still, the debris field he was throwing around was an issue, but there was just to much of it for her to try and stop, she'd need to stop it at the source.

"Divine Assault, Stance One;" Karen said as the sword in her hand changed, going from what looked to be a long sword made of light to a burning bar. As she spoke she also shifted slightly, rearing back like she was readying to swing it at him. "Golden Crescent" She said calmly as she swing her sword at Psyclone like she was cutting him from the shoulder to the hip, and true to the name of the attack, threw a golden, crescent shaped blade of energy at the villain at a bullets speed, the debris field not even slowing the flying blade down as it sped toward the villain.

Karen had really only enough time to get her shield up after that and wait for the debris to pass before she could get after him.

Rias

"It's not the same thing, directors of plays want things do a certain way, what I do on stage is basically ad-lib for the most part, especially when I do the 'one man band' thing. So I can put on a great show when left to my own devices, but for some reason I don't do well when some one starts trying to direct me." she replied.

The questions rolled on after the video, most weren't really challenging in terms of subject matter, a few where but most weren't. The only one she felt sheepish about answering was Karen's question about if they write their own music or not. Rias was clearly embarrassed to admit that they didn't, not for a lack of trying but none of them could pen a good song.

As the interview wound down Loveless again gave the viewers and listeners the bands name, time and place where they played. She didn't really have much to add after that so she just thanked every who'd come to the shows thus far and hoped others would come and see her live as well.

After his closing remarks the interview ended and they shook hands again, and he excused him self, saying that the fight down town needed covering, but offered a rain check on dinner, which she accepted, even if she did feel like she was being pushed a side. Not that she showed it. Loveless left and shortly after she did as well, though avoided the battle site as she flew home. It took longer, but it gave her time to think. She had said some things people would not likely agree with and worried if it would have a negative impact on her career or not.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Tom

"Anyways, Rias is talking, don't you want to watch?"

Tom gritted his teeth for a moment and remained seated "Yeah, I mean I like to see live hero fights if I can but with the weather..." he trailed off, feeling somewhat miserable about not being able to jump to help with the situation.

At least he said there was another hero on the scene, and with a disturbance this big some others are bound to come running, dammit I need to come up with some excuses soon though. Groceries or something, yeah. For now he would have to sit and watch the rest of the show, which fortunately was soon over.

"Well why don't you get settled in," Tom said, standing up quickly, feeling rather agitated "I'll go out real quick and get some stuff for dinner, want to uh, make a special meal to commemorate my now having a brother!"

Well it was certainly a step up from most of his excuses, but then he had had time to think it over.

"Just don't make a mess of the place or anything, I shouldn't be gone long," he said, then grabbed a rain jacket and headed out the door, making his way towards the disturbances and keeping an ear out for screams or cries for help. Just hope I'm not too late... As soon as he was out of sight (and he glanced around quickly to be sure) he transformed, summoning up the goo around him until he had a sizable amount then took off down the street as fast as he could roll.

He was forced to halt when he reached the area the tornado had gone through, it had been a long time since he'd last seen such destruction visited on Neutropolis and the scale of it made him pause. What sort of monster... I need to help. He spotted another hero, the Crick, doing his best to evacuate and help civilians. The other heroes can handle the villain, these people are right in front of me and need help.

"Crick! Sir Awesome is here to lend a hand!" he declared, though there was much more worry in his voice than was normal "Is there anything I can do to help?"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tess

"BANG!"

The blow came but Tess wasn't in its path anymore, she'd learned more than enough martial arts to know how to use your opponents strength against them and with a blow this obviously telegraphed she had more than enough time to get out of the way. She lashed out with the whip as she dove to the side, the blast of air and debris flying through where she was and hitting a car across the street leaving a sizable dent, unfortunately the masked lunatic dodged out of the way of the whip, as well as a slash from another hero (at least she guessed the newcomer was a hero, she certainly wasn't anyone Tess had seen before). As she rolled back to her feet Tess made note of Slender Girl's arrival, and frowned at being called a newbie by the shapeshifter.

"Three heroes, three times the fame. Hit me with your best shot ladies, cause I'm hitting you with mine!"

Exactly what I was thinking, Tess thought, though it certainly wasn't what she said as she was busy keeping her mouth shut and her head down as she clung to the ground to avoid the vortex of debris that he threw up around him. Time to get moving, need to end this quickly.

Still keeping her head down against the wind and debris she charged forward through the vortex, tackling the maniac and trying to pin him down so she could tie his hands. She struck him and knocked him down, only to have a slash of golden energy sail right through where he had been, grazing her as she followed after. Fortunately the suit took the brunt of the blow, though it still gained a rather ugly looking tear across the back, Mina's people make tough stuff, she thought thankfully, though she was quite irritated with the new hero for the friendly fire.

"Watch it!" she yelled "There's more than just the psycho in here!"

Speaking of... she turned her attention back to the villain, her whip slithering out on its own to try and tie him up as she attempted to hold him down.

"Surrender now," she said, then hastily added "in the name of justice, and all that."

If you want to have Gerald escape her grip with his powers or otherwise go ahead.

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
[HEADING=3]Jack[/HEADING]

Leaning against his Shadow parked near the curb, Jack listened to the buzz about a growing super fight across town. The reporter coming through the bike's radio spoke of a villain creating whirlwinds and a hero with light blades or some such alongside another newcomer. He didn't take too much in, but gleaned from it the fact that some of the bigs were more than likely occupied which was welcome news.

From the opposite street corner, the last customer of the day walked down the establishment's steps and drove off. Now the only people inside were the employees, and Jack knew they wouldn't be much trouble. He put on his shades and scarf, let his hair down, then returned the Shadow before he walked towards the Neutropolis Credit Union. Jack stepped through the doors right as one of the tellers was about to lock them up.

"Oh, uh," she began, clearly startled by the man's appearance. "I'm sorry but you can't be...I-I mean you shouldn't...we're closed."

"Well, that's kinda funny, uh, Sandra is it?" Jack prosed, looking at her name tag. He closed the gap slowly as a sledgehammer materialized in his hands. "Seein' as I'm standin' right here, ready to make a pretty hefty withdrawal. Customer satisfaction is your number one concern, ain't it? So, let's say make this real easy and show me the to the back. And tell your friends closin' up the back not to try anything stupid. Else the three-a yous are gonna hafta make use-a your company insurance. Now gets to steppin'."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Frederick Rolls

When Frederick arrived at the scene, it was easy to pick out the Crick. The hero seemed to be everywhere, seeing as this would be the third time the Specter found him. Getting closer from behind, he heard the hero speak.

"C'mon Spectre, this isn't how we agreed to use your number, but I think you'll find it in your heart to forgive me given the situation!"

Increasing his speed by diving, Frederick stopped just a few inches away from the Crick, his face upside down in front of Crick's.

"So it was you," he started, the mask in front of his face was the comedy one, though it was quickly replaced by the tragedy mask, both of them hovering rather than completely connecting with his head.

"Actually, no. I won't forgive you, I gave you pretty clear instructions not to call, and I had a decent reason for it. Messages only, Crick, I gave you the number to my personal phone, and it'd do you well to remember that."

Feeling that he'd scolded the eager hero enough, he switched to the comedy mask again.

"Regardless, this is the third time I've found you, where's my prize? I assume you have a task for me, correct?"

As he spoke, another rather eager hero appeared, the large mass of some unknown dark substance was easily recognizable as Sir Awesome, as the hero fancied calling himself. Of course, Frederick had never actually met him, he knew the name from other authorities, who weren't always that happy when Sir Awesome helped. Then again, given the amount of damage someone like that could cause, it wasn't exactly a surprise.

"Crick! Sir Awesome is here to lend a hand! Is there anything I can do to help?"

Frederick decided to fly around the Crick to greet the newcomer. Once, he had flown through someone, a strange, unwanted feeling, almost like possessing someone. While it seemed great for a prank, he still preferred to avoid that, whenever he could. With a rather sarcastic, if still amused -one could almost hear him smirking- tone, he spoke.

"Hello, Sir Very-Assured-Of-Himself, are you sure this is the right place for you to be? I mean, your reputation is rather... messy. Be sure not to crush any buildings, the last thing we need is more broken bits and pieces."

He looked over at the fight taking place, at least the wind had quieted down elsewhere, though he was not quite sure when or how the tornado had disappeared.

At least that source has run dry.

Though, for how long?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim Merridy

"Well why don't you get settled in. I'll go out real quick and get some stuff for dinner, want to uh, make a special meal to commemorate my now having a brother!"

Tim smirked. "Yeah, sure! If you'd like to take the risk, I mean, some food sounds good!"

You're a terrible liar, you know that, right? It'd be better for you to speak the truth, I think, your character does suit being foolishly honest. In the good way, of course.

Of course. He was fond of Tom, even if this made it rather obvious that the other was a hero. For a hero, it seemed obvious, though, only to the point where they still didn't reveal their hidden identity to outsiders.

A bad trait for a villain, though.

Tim had to wonder if there was a way to turn Tom to his cause. That certainly wasn't normal without it being brainwashing, or murdering someone's entire family, and neither of those were things he wanted to do. According to the movies, it was a lot easier to turn villains good.

But I won't be persuaded!

Not even by his friendly and likeable twin.

"Just don't make a mess of the place or anything, I shouldn't be gone long,"

"Sure sure, I'll just keep watching the TV," Tim replied, nonchalantly. There was no reason for him to try to make Tom change his mind, not this time. Honestly, he hoped the tornado-villain got defeated soon, feeling a bit annoyed still over his visit to the cafe being disrupted like that.

At least I didn't have to pay, though.

"Be careful, okay?" he added, as an afterthought, though Tom was already through the door when he said it. Tim turned his attention back to the show, only to discover that it was pretty much done.

Typical.

He'd missed half of the show like this, perhaps more. Standing up, he started making himself comfortable, moving his stuff around and cleaning some of what Tom had left lying around, just so that he could have more room for his stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sirius Hamilton

Getting into the heart of the tornado, it died out completely. The destruction it had caused before Sirius got there was rather massive, but at least now the people around and the buildings would be safe. At least he assumed there was people around, he couldn't see much due to dust and wind having taken its toll on his eyes, leaving his sigh temporarily blurry.

I should have closed them.

But then again, if he had, he'd been unable to dodge the larger items coming his way. There was mostly scratches and small cuts in both his clothes and his skin. Only one larger piece of glass had gotten stuck, -or stayed stuck, he wasn't completely sure that no pieces of glass had gotten ripped out during his continued walk into a tornado- a sharp, long one stuck in his side. It didn't seem to have pierced any vital organs, and it didn't hurt terribly bad, at least when standing still. The biggest danger right now was him bleeding, dark red running from most of the cuts, as well as his head injury from before.

I should go find a doctor...

Sirius walked, or rather, stumbled, it was difficult to walk like this. He didn't notice the strange woman until she got close, and when he saw her, he turned to her, his eyes as dull as ever, and a casual smile on his face due to habit.

"Ah, hi," he said. "Excuse me, miss. Could you show me the way to the nearest doctor? I'm bleeding a little." Little was sort of an understatement, Sirius realized, and corrected his statement. "Well, actually, I'm bleeding a lot. I don't think I'll die, but I probably should have these wounds treated. I'm feeling a little dizzy, to be honest. I was shutting down the tornado, you see, it's gone now."

He really was starting to feel rather dizzy. It was sort of hard walking straight, as he approached her further. Sirius supposed it must have been an odd sight.

"I'd love to help some more, but I don't think that's a good idea. I'm sort of... done for now."

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Terry

The Crick began kicking debris away from the subway entrance when a slight whoosh passed by him.

"So it was you" He turned as the Specter materialized next to him.

"Ah well you have fantastic timing," Terry said, a little bit more than bugged. You think a damn tornado appearing in the middle of a city would bring every active hero in the city out of the woodwork.

"Actually, no. I won't forgive you," The Specter said, replying to The Crick's earlier plead. "I gave you pretty clear instructions not to call, and I had a decent reason for it. Messages only, Crick, I gave you the number to my personal phone, and it'd do you well to remember that."

"Sorry, I was a bit too busy dashing across rooftops and pulling people out of buses to really use my hands." He said, thinking of the time he tried to solve a rubix cube while doing backflips. He pretty well, but kept messing up the green side.

"Also there was hail. Like, tennis ball sized!"

"Regardless, this is the third time I've found you, where's my prize? I assume you have a task for me, correct?"

"You get the to tell me how many people are trapped in there and their condition. Calm them down, tell them to stand way from the debris. From there, the response crew nearby can-"

"Crick! Sir Awesome is here to lend a hand!" The Crick smiled, but noted something slightly off about his usual bravado. Then again, when he looked around, Terry himself couldn't help but feel dissapointed too.

"Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Yeah, start digging!" The Crick placed the side of his head on the debris and listened. Someone was yelling. A lot of people were yelling. There was also a distinct number of groans. The Crick faced the rubble and began digging faster.

"Also, uh, stick around. I have something I want to talk to you about."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gerald

"Surrender now," Coil barked, then hastily adding "in the name of justice, and all that."

Gerald sat face down on the ground, staring at the smoking crater left by the the Unicron's close attack. He could smell the smoke, heard his ears ringing and thought for a second.

"Justice...that's what you stand for? Really, I thought 'animators' were supposed to be a bit more clever than this." Gerald spit out, feeling the metal whip wrap around his wrist. He figured a good conk on the head would get him out of this bind, worked on most psychokinetics like himself, but figured he'd get something off his chest.

"You know what I stand for? Neither do I. And I'm not ashamed to admit. Most of the shit I just said was...well, just things that come naturally. But fame, money...worthless things really. All worthless if you ain't got somethin' real to say. If you ain't got no higher purpose. If you ain't got no message. Your own message! Not some flimsy overexposed 'justice' you see cartoon heroes mouth feedin' children! It's flimsy! it's unoriginal! I know it's not what you want Ms.walk-down-the-street-and-proclaim-how-hero-you-are!"

Psyclone twisted the coil in the opposite direction, slipping it off his hand. He rolled away from Coil and sent visor spinning around her head. He spun to his feet and unscrewed a fire hydrant, sending water into the air and drenching her

"I was sorta hoping I'd get some recognition for this, start 'networkin' and all that shit. Get some inspiration. Oh well, if ya'll know know someone hirin', give me a call. Just prance around like a jackass looking for trouble."

Psyclone began drifting into the air on the current of a vortex when he realized something.

"It's all a trick. 'Heroes', 'villains', one big trick." He grinned almost psychotically from behind his mask.

With that, he spiraled into the air and was gone.

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
Dr. Loveless​

Theodore felt bad about postponing the meal - it seemed obvious to him that Rias was upset about it. Unfortunately, schedules and plans rarely survived superhuman battles. It was the curse of journalism that if something went wrong, you needed to drop everything else to cover it.

It was particularly bad in Theodore's case as he was both the media personality AND the recording equipment. To top it all off, the battle had not only already started but was far enough away that he didn't have a chance to get over there in person. That meant licensing footage before the big guys took all the good stuff, doing research on the heroes and villains, and run analysis on the results and consequences. All told, it would be hours of work for him and his limited staff.

So began the process of putting together a news report. In the end, he found that the larger companies were remarkably willing to share information this time. This struck Theodore as odd given the high profile powers, the new hero, and the limited footage of the actual events. Normally, these forces combined served to make it an incredibly competitive news market with every channel seeking to have "the exclusive" coverage of the event to shoot their rating through the roof for a few weeks. Instead... it was like the big players WANTED everyone to cover and see the battle.

Still, Theodore didn't give it much thought. There'd been enough damage that no one could effectively not cover the story, so perhaps it was just a sign of general agreement not to take advantage so they could be assured they weren't at a disadvantage. So Theodore thought until he noticed one odd fact; some of the footage was owned by companies. His journalistic instincts intrigued, he began searching. Sure enough, almost all the footage had been bought up by dozens of companies who didn't even have any hits on Google. These unknown companies were giving out licenses to use the footage at an extremely low price to everyone who wanted it. So low in fact, he doubted that any of them would make a profit at all.

Something smelled fishy to Theodore; big catch fishy. "Huh. This battle might just be the least interesting part of the story." he said aloud to himself.

He had a LONG night of research ahead of him and very little of it had to do with mysterious heroes and villains.

Mina​

Even before the fight ended, Mina was quick to buy up as much of the footage of the battle as possible by way of several shell companies. It was a bit of a risk, but she had to be certain EVERYONE saw how valiant Coil was and cast her in the best of lights. she quickly had some of her people edit out some of the more embarrassing footage, and focus on how Coil was the REAL hero of the story. She of course couldn't cut out other heroes in their entirety - that would be too suspicious - but she did downplay all their actions. Particularly those of the other new hero; the one with the sword. She couldn't let some nut job with a magic sword ruin her plans now could she?

From there, she made her exit through the back of the building; taking careful steps to avoid the notice of both the Crick and the Specter. Though she'd committed no crime, being seen at two crime scenes in as many days would bring unwanted attention she could ill afford. The last thing she needed was some hero to get it in their head that she had anything to do with this; good or bad. If worst came to pass, she could always invite them back and show they the "technology" she'd used to aid Coil and explain she was there to make sure her new hero was up to fighting shape, but that would make her later plans a good deal more complicated so avoiding it would be for the best.

Once outside, she walked several blocks to where she knew a car was waiting. Despite the risks she was taking, Mina couldn't help but think about the newest piece of information she had access to; that there was a villain who met her exact specifications who'd happened to appear right before her eyes. It seemed the heavens themselves supported her plan.

Of so she thought until her phone buzzed. Opening it up, she saw a simple message. "A new hit appeared for one of your watched names." it said. This was hardly unusual; she paid close attention to a large number of people. It was the name however that threw her. "Karen Krieg" it read. This was, of course, impossible. Karen Krieg had died years ago. She'd felt it herself. However, after checking out the link - to some talk show - she heard Karen's voice and paled. Suddenly, her plans were a LOT more complicated.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias

Rias got home and sat down, and just thought on what was next. Damage control? More people then before? She wasn't sure, and she didn't have much time to think about it before Claire called and the two of them discussed the show and 'what was next'.

Karen

The villain escaped, predicable. Karen considered giving chase but decided against it, instead she took wing and flew toward a small group of heroes she spotted who seemed to be digging "Are there any wounded that need attention or are you in the process of digging them out?" she asked, seeing where she be of the most use.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Tom

"Hello, Sir Very-Assured-Of-Himself, are you sure this is the right place for you to be? I mean, your reputation is rather... messy. Be sure not to crush any buildings, the last thing we need is more broken bits and pieces."

"I'll be careful," Tom replied, then protested "Its not entirely my fault things get messy when I'm fighting villains."

"Yeah, start digging! Also, uh, stick around. I have something I want to talk to you about."

"On it!" Tom replied, extending his goo in tendrils through the rubble pulling away chunks as he went and extending his senses through the goo to look for survivors. In the distance the storms seemed to have died down, something Tom hoped meant that the villain had been taken down.

A new heroine arrived on the scene soon after volunteering to help with the digging and survivors. Tom sprouted another tendril of goo and gestured with it towards some of the injured he had dug out "There are some injured over there, I'm working on searching for others."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tess

"You know what I stand for? Neither do I. And I'm not ashamed to admit. Most of the shit I just said was...well, just things that come naturally. But fame, money...worthless things really. All worthless if you ain't got somethin' real to say. If you ain't got no higher purpose. If you ain't got no message. Your own message! Not some flimsy overexposed 'justice' you see cartoon heroes mouth feedin' children! It's flimsy! it's unoriginal! I know it's not what you want Ms.walk-down-the-street-and-proclaim-how-hero-you-are!"

Tess had to bite back a laugh at this remark, the villain probably had no idea how right he was. The only thing Tess really stood for was herself, though before she could make any sort of response to him he flung her off and blasted her with water from a fire hydrant before making his escape.

"Shi-fu-er darn it!" Tess said, as she stood up, shaking herself to try and dry off some "He got away."

The idiot heroine who had nearly struck her had already vanished into the night, but Slender Girl was still nearby helping out some civilian. First things first though Tess found someone still filming things and made a statement.

"Never fear civies! The villain may have escaped this time but I, Coil, will not let him do so again!" she declared "The next time he or his ilk," heroes said ilk right? "Attempt to perpetrate their misdeeds I and my fellow heroes will be there to foil them!"

That said she turned and went over to Slender Girl and the civilian "Hello Slender Girl right? I've heard about you, do you need any help?"

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
Blood Diamond

Stefan lounged in his room, counting the money he had as he watched the fight on his television. Emergency services were darting down the street with their alarms blaring as Stefan wrapped up another stack. The pay was well enough for the mission but with the revelation of super heroes here as well, Stefan knew he had to be more careful. If just one of these vigilantes were to interrupt him on one of his missions then that was it for his total anonymity.

He took another sip from his wine when he received a message from his employer. He hesitated for a moment, looking at the destruction caused by a Super with news anchor teams arriving hastily nearby. Stefan only saw glimpses and pans but he knew enough that other Supers were there and it was now only a matter of time until he would meet them.

Finally, Stefan went to look at his new message and inside was another mission. He mouthed the word "assassination" as he read it.

----------------------------------------------------------

[color=slate gray]Alex[/color]

The news of the fight reached Alex even as he was in school. The professor addressed the news aloud to the students, stating that something had happened and that class was dismissed only ten minutes into the lecture. Alex rolled his eyes and packed up his books but when he got to the door his other classmates began to look on their laptops, seeing that there had been a major fight in the city. Alex couldn't help but lean over one of his classmate's shoulder, reading the news and watching the live feed of emergency crews going through the rubble.

"Supers, man." The student exclaimed. "I'm not sure whether to be thankful for them or be careful of them."

"Why not both?" Another asked and nervous laughter came from them.

Alex just looked silently, seeing the emergency crews work until one of the cameras focused on a Super in armor then another with goo powers. That sparked Alex's interest but also made him wary of them. He never really considered himself a super hero especially with his motives but these were Supers one would read about in comics. He found it quite interesting. Maybe he would talk to them soon.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Karen

Karen floated over to the first wounded, some guy in a fast food uniform, probably just got off work to. He greeted her with a pained 'hey' but didn't move. She asked where it hurt and he said his neck and side, but also that he couldn't feel his left arm. 'Of course I get the guy with nerve damage ...' she thought as she moved in closer and warned him she was about to touch those to spots.

The places she touched where bathed in a golden light and his injury's faded. He, naturally complained it was starting to hurt more, Karen smirked and asked him 'A bit more pain now is worth being able to still walk, right?'. Karen finished up about the time a couple paramedics came over to her, she told them about the neck injury and how she had repaired most the damage but that he was still in need of an actual doctor to make sure he was ok. As the paramedics to the young man away she moved on to the next injured awaiting attention.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Frederick Rolls

"You get the to tell me how many people are trapped in there and their condition. Calm them down, tell them to stand way from the debris. From there, the response crew nearby can-"

It started out sounding like a decent plan, get inside and calm people down, inform the Crick about how people were. However, then the hero that Frederick still wasn't sure should be there, Sir Awesome, asked what he could do. And that's where the plan, in Frederick's opinion, got less viable.

"Yeah, start digging!"

"Wait, what?!" Frederick exclaimed. "No, that's---"

"On it!"

Dammit.

Not going to be easy to forced to stop, the large blob started digging, probably causing the insides to fall together even more. Frederick sighing, tragedy mask back in place. He floated over the debris, though, not going through yet.

"I'm going inside to stabilize the walls there using telekinesis," he told the Crick. Hopefully he'd be fast enough to deal with that. "I... We will handle this, you should probably make sure nothing else is going on. I'll stay inside until they're out, to make sure no one gets a rock in their face."

Speaking quickly -he had to be swift, after all- Frederick then made himself invisible, and entered through the stone wall. It was hard to see just what was going on inside, though, as a ghost he didn't exactly rely on light to see. He wasn't sure what he did rely on, actually, but it was enough for him to gauge the situation a little, the very least. The walls of the debris were unstable, as he had suspected, and several of the people inside was hurt. Not intending to scare them, he spoke.

"I'm the Specter, and I'm here to make sure you're safe." He still didn't appear, however, and instead lifted a rock from someone's foot, as he kept the walls from falling apart. Luckily, no real damage had been done, no one was dead, though some were rather hurt, moaning in pain and asking him if they were going to be saved.

"Yes, soon, we've got someone working on digging you out now. You'll be fine."

I don't like making possible false promises, but I don't think anything bad can happen now.

He hoped that was true, not only because he didn't want anything else to happen to these people, but also because he was rather unused to deal with people as the Specter. He doubted he had it in himself to be inspiring.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Terry

"I'm going inside to stabilize the walls there using telekinesis. I... We will handle this, you should probably make sure nothing else is going on. I'll stay inside until they're out, to make sure no one gets a rock in their face."

"Do as dead men do," The Crick said "We've got a response team helping, so things should move pretty quickly."

He stopped to listen to the sounds in the debris every few seconds. He wasn't a professional rescuer, but he'd come to understand the basic idea of moving at a decent rate and checking to make sure you didn't involuntarily hurt the people you were trying to save. Sir Awesome was moving rather quickly through the debris, removing victims who'd got caught in it before they'd made it to the tunnel.

"I hope you're sorta suspending them with that goo of yours, don't want to hurt anyone with more serious injuries"

His eyes moved towards the heroine who'd arrived a few moments earlier. She seemed to be partially healing who she could. The Crick stared at her, she looked oddly familiar. A hero he'd seen before, months ago, he wasn't sure how long ago. Whatever the case, he was glad to have the help. The Crick leaned in and listened some more. He could hear air passing through a space in the debris, a nice hollow spot. He could actually make a decent path through here.

"Hey guys, I think I've found a nice way through. I'll need help supporting it."

He crouched into the emerging pathway and looked back. He took another look at the destruction left by the tornado.

"Who the hell was this guy?"

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
[HEADING=3]Jack[/HEADING]

"Jeez, Louise," the Shadow rider groaned, running his fingers through his hair infrustration. "Look lady, it's real simple--just put the money in the bag. None o' those little sleeve things with the ink bombs, I know what you're tryna do. You think you're bein' clever, but I'm watchin' ya."

Meanwhile, as Jack had his eyes on the bank teller, one of her co-workers slowly crawled across the neutral-patterned carpet towards the desk that housed the silent alarm. Quickly and quietly, the man scurried across the floor and pressed the little red button. As he tried to return to his original spot, his movement caught Jack's eye.

"Hey, the hell ya think you're doin'?" Jack exclaimed, raising his sledgehammer menacingly at his defiant hostage. "If ya can't keep still, your knees ain't gonna appreciate it one bit. Got that?"

The man nodded frantically and put his face into the carpet once more with his hands behind his head. All he had to do now was bide his time, see if the police would arrive before the thief made his departure.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Tom

"I hope you're sorta suspending them with that goo of yours, don't want to hurt anyone with more serious injuries"

"Of course I am, I've knocked enough things over to know how they crumble!" Tom said, perhaps a bit too energetically. He was glad for the Specter's assistance though, his goo had been stretching thin to hold up the rubble as it removed it and it had been wearing him out quickly, with the ghostly heroes assistance things were progressing much more smoothly with the Specter doing most of the work holding things up while Tom excavated large chunks of rubble.

"Hey guys, I think I've found a nice way through. I'll need help supporting it."

"On it!" Tom replied, making sure the Specter was holding up the rubble that was left where he had been digging before moving to assist the Crick.

"Who the hell was this guy?"

"Beats me," Tom replied "I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him though. Hey do you know who the new heroine helping the injured is? I don't remember seeing her around the city before..."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

George

George swallowed a bit nervously before knocking on the door to Tom's apartment, Tom had always been friendly enough with him but he couldn't help but feel that he was too energetic sometimes. Hopefully he's home, I really need to borrow some cleaning supplies. The surprise tornado hadn't directly hit their building of course, but George's room was on the top floor and a stray piece of rubble had been flung onto the roof, knocking bits of his ceiling to the floor.

"H-hey Tom, are you in there?" he asked, "I could use your help with something..."

Maybe I should just go, he's probably run off to go hero watching in the storm or something... George had to admit that part of him envied Tom, the guy seemed effortlessly friendly and confident all the time, although maybe he just doesn't know any better, he doesn't seem to think that much...

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Frederick Rolls

Frederick couldn't hear much of the conversation outside the rubble, the voices of the two other heroes could be heard every now and then, but he was more concerned with those inside, and keeping the pieces of apartments and stores from falling down. It was becoming increasingly difficult to do that, though, not because it was draining, but because his power of telekinesis didn't really work like that. The walls were visibly being pushed away, and individual pieces that fell was returned straight to the wall again with increasing force.

Basically, the Specter was having difficulties limiting his own powers, and it could be felt by the people inside, them being pushed towards the wall as well, not roughly, but still enough to make some of them notice it and ask about it.

"It's nothing," Frederick replied. "It's soon over." Luckily, it was. Either by luck or something else, Sir Awesome had found a good spot to dig. Light started pouring through the opening, though, not before Sir Awesome got one of the rocks that had fallen during that final lift in the face. It was fairly large, and he couldn't imagine that it was pleasant, but at least the goo should stop something.

And here I said he was bad at controlling himself.

"Oh, sorry about that." Frederick replied, though he didn't move. "You were in the way of something. Just make the hole big enough for people to get through, and we're golden."

The position he was in now was one that'd allow people to get outside as quickly as possible. Soon enough, victims were crawling out. Frederick couldn't do anything but what he had done so far, seeing as he was unable to interact with the material world beyond his telekinesis right now.

Tim Merridy

Tim was bored. Extremely so. He had considered going outside now that the wind seemed to have died down -had they captured a fellow villain, or had he simply escaped?- but he had decided that it would be a bit too suspicious. Besides, if Tom did get home soon with something for dinner, Tim wouldn't mind staying. He was hungry, after all.

So leaving is a no.

The second idea had been a more long-lived one, though that too had turned to be a bad idea. Tim had even found the best place to put the bucket that would pour ice-cold water over Tom, but he realized that a prank like that might get him thrown out, and he kinda wanted to stay with Tom for at least a couple of days.

Besides, even if he didn't throw me out, he might decide not to make dinner or get angry with me.

Most people certainly didn't react well to getting pranked, after all. Tim wasn't sure how many friends had been lost due to such things, but it was more than he could count on one hand. In the end, he decided not to do anything apart from simply wait. Then he heard knocking. At first, he'd assumed it was Tom and gotten to his feet, exclaiming; "I'm coming!"

However, then he heard an unfamiliar voice, someone sounding rather meek was looking for Tom.

"H-hey Tom, are you in there? I could use your help with something..."

Who is this?

Whoever it was, Tim liked meeting new people. And this was someone Tom knew, probably one of his friends, which meant Tim could surprise them by simply existing. He opened the door, grinning.

"Hello," he greeted the somewhat feeble-looking man. "Tom's not in right now, but he'll be back soon! I'm Tim," Tim continued, tone as friendly as before, and held his hand out, expecting the other to take it. "His very very newly discovered twin-brother! I assume you're one of his friends? It's nice to meet you!"

Sirius Hamilton

Sirius was pointed in the general direction of an emergency team by the mysterious woman, and nodded.

"Thanks." He noticed that the hero dressed in white had arrived as well, but didn't greet her, she seemed to be rather full of energy and he wasn't. Talking to eager people was difficult when one was tired, after all. At least the villain was gone, though, hopefully not too many had gotten hurt.

"Hello Slender Girl right? I've heard about you, do you need any help?"

Looking between the two, Sirius tilted his head, eyes showing no emotion, but his expression being a bit puzzled.

Slender Girl? Isn't she a woman?

"Why would she need any help? I'm the one bleeding." He staggered a little more. "If you're not tired, could you perhaps help me walk a little, it's a bit... painful." Sirius pointed towards where he needed to go. he supposed he was far too calm for the situation, of course he was, he always was. Instead of explaining, however, he got a little closer to the newly arrived hero. "Over there, please. I'm afraid I'm going to collapse, and I don't really want that, I think that would hurt even more."

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Terry

"I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him though. Hey do you know who the new heroine helping the injured is? I don't remember seeing her around the city before..." The Crick leaned out of the passage, taking a quick look at the new heroine.

"She seems familiar, but...I don't know, I can't place her. We've got other things to think about right now." Terry said, getting back to work.

He chipped and shifted the debris in front of him, equipping a drill and using his pneumatic fist, on a low setting of course. He moved carefully, constantly checking his progress and supporting his path. The rescue crew in the area, followed behind, ready to assist any wounded and evacuate the civilians. Finally, the last layer gave way and The crick poked his head into the subway platform..

"Hello everyone, the trains seem to be running a bit late this week. Please move in an orderly fashion and make your back to the surface. We've got emergency crews waiting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gerald

It made sense to him. It finally made sense to him.

The fluttering capes, the menacing scowls, and the news cameras recording it all. The good, the bad, and the ugly were all lining up before him. It was control. It was power. It was money. Tell the superhumans they have a responsibility to "help people" cause of their gifts. Rub it in their face. Make them feel like they should be apart of something bigger. Flaunt the heroes. But don't forget the villains. Discuss their motives. Capture every bit of their monologue. Make em look "good."

Ultimately all this gives people something to talk about. Gossip. Argue. Decide.

Either "motivate" and pressure superhumans into proving their worth or alienate and allure them into the life of villainy.

It didn't matter either way.

The media, the companies, could profit off it all they want. Whether or not they played a direct role in creating heroes and villains was irrelevant. They just kept part of the messy ball turning and got their money from it.

Gerald was ecstatic. He had a plan. A message. It had a few kinks but it was there. He just needed to find a face to his opposition.

As he looked over the screens in the appliance store, of news reports and adverts, his eyes settled on an interview that'd been broadcast earlier that day.

"That'll do, that'll do quite nicely."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
George

"His very very newly discovered twin-brother! I assume you're one of his friends? It's nice to meet you!"

"Um, very funny Tom," George said, assuming that something so ridiculous could only be a joke of some sort, though he had to admit he looked different. Great, Tom loses weight while I keep gaining it overnight, no matter how hard I diet.

"Look, my roof is kinda leaking from the storm, do you think you could help me out?" he asked "I just need a mop or something to help clean up the water and debris."

He shuffled awkwardly in place, he always hated having to ask others for help "If its not too much trouble of course..." he added.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tom

"Urk!" Tom struggled with the boulder that had landed about on his face, heaving it off of him with tremendous effort. The goo had softened most of the impact, but he wouldn't be surprised to find out he'd gotten a black eye for his trouble. Worse the impact had pulled some of his tendrils back from the rubble, and he had to push himself to get them back in before the thing fully collapsed, his stomach growling ferociously from the effort, and his head pounding, vision swimming from the impact.

"Alright, that should be the last of them," Tom said, double checking what he could sense through the debris, and glancing at the Specter, waiting for his go ahead before he started to pull himself free of the rubble. It would still be a tremendous mess to clean up but at least they'd saved everyone they could.

Hope those buildings were insured...

He turned to the Crick next "So there was something you wanted to talk about?" he said, the Crick had mentioned he wanted them to hang around after they dealt with helping people, though Tom felt his stomach rumble loudly. Man I might have pushed myself a little too hard, I'm starving...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tess

"Over there, please. I'm afraid I'm going to collapse, and I don't really want that, I think that would hurt even more."

"Yeah yeah come on," Tess replied, helping the man along "How are you feeling? Looks like you got scraped up a bit."

What am I doing? I should just be out of here already, but then I suppose a hero needs to stay and help people. Maybe pose for a few pictures, get my name in the paper. Bleh.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Frederick Rolls

"Alright, that should be the last of them,"

"Indeed," the Specter replied, making an attempt at pretending he hadn't known about that one stone. To be completely, painfully honest, that had been more than a little shameful.

I don't think I'm needed here either way, and I'd rather not stick around to have it be brought up.

He couldn't even think of a joke about something like that. As much as he had been sceptical, perhaps even annoyed by Sir Awesome's presence, this brought up the issue of the fact that he didn't have much control of his powers at all. If the other hadn't been digging them out, how long would it have taken until the people inside had been pressed against the walls?

I honestly don't want to know.

Such was the painful reality of relying on his ability to go through walls and go invisible, rather than his telekinesis. He normally didn't do this kinda work, after all. Frederick flew past Sir Awesome and the Crick, though he explained why as he did.

"I'm going to make sure no one is trapped elsewhere."

With that, he flew up into the air, then down again, leaving the nearby area for the incident, though keeping his eyes out for any disturbances, though he in reality was simply trying to avoid thinking about his lack of control.

And disturbance did he find, though it wasn't someone trapped beneath concrete walls. Instead it was a bank-robbery, or rather, the start of one, as a youth was standing with a pitch-black sledgehammer, threatening an employee of the bank who had probably been closing shop.

At least a situation like this is manageable.

Frederick thought, and went invisible, then between the two. Pushing against the youth with his telekinesis, hoping to send him flying, he whispered to the woman.

"Get going, now!" the Specter demanded, and she did, horrified. Frederick smirked to himself as he realized how similar to a horror movie ghost he must have seemed then.

I suppose this is why I don't deal with victims.

Tim Merridy

"Um, very funny Tom,"

Tim grinned. "Here I go for the honest version, and you still don't believe me," he chirped, sounding rather pleased about it.

"Look, my roof is kinda leaking from the storm, do you think you could help me out? I just need a mop or something to help clean up the water and debris. If its not too much trouble of course..."

"Of course not, I'm sure Tom would love to lend it to you, but he's not here yet," Tim replied, still smiling.

I didn't think that Tom would have such a timid buddy.

Tim certainly was more used to the outspoken ones, they tended to be the ones that stayed. Oh well, while the amounts of pranks he could pull on this guy was quite the high number, he figured that he might as well be nice.

"I'll try finding it, though, do you know where he might be keeping stuff like that? Nevermind, this place isn't that big, I'll manage. Oh, and also," he found his wallet and took out his student id. "Here, you can borrow this while I look, I'm not sure Tom would be too pleased about me pretending to be him."

With that he started looking around for this elusive mop, though with him looking inside just about anything that could be looked inside, it became rather clear that he didn't know the place.

Sirius Hamilton

"Yeah yeah come on, How are you feeling? Looks like you got scraped up a bit."

I don't feel anything.

Sirius replied, sarcastically even, in his head, though he knew what she meant. It was difficult giving a proper reply that wasn't "I feel like I have glass stuck in me." or "I feel like I'm in pain.". He wasn't exactly sure what the hero would expect. Then he remembered that he had indeed felt something similar before, as a child.

"It burns a little, especially my eyes. But I'll survive, and that's the most important thing." Walking over with her to the paramedics, he greeted them with that careful smile of his. He noticed that the tall hero had left, perhaps she had found something more important to do now that he was getting help.

"Could you please get this glass out of me?" he asked them, and added; "I also need some eye-drops." He then turned to the heroine again.

"Thank you... what's your name? I'm Sirius." He held out his hand for her to shake as one of the paramedics was examining how the piece of glass was stuck and how to remove it. He lifted his other arm so that it would be easier for them to access it, and they instantly lowered it, saying something about doing that ripping into his wound. It was an odd situation. He motioned, more carefully than he had lifted his hand, for the heroine to go do something else.

"I'll be fine now, though, these people know how to do their job. So you can leave. Again, thanks."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Karen moved from person to person, healing who she could and who needed it most. She'd kept an eye on where the other two heroes where digging people out, but the people they finally freed seemed to be ok if not a bit shaken up, understandably so. She also saw some kind of ghost or something like it, she paid it no heed though for now though.

With everything seemingly under control she decided it was time to go, and as she left the part of the medical station she was in, she saw the rookie heroine from earlier, but again, paid her no mind. Karen stopped just out side and surveyed the damage "Eleven years ... and nothings changed ..." she said with a depressed sigh.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Terry

"So there was something you wanted to talk about?"

Terry hadn't been sure how he'd really present this to Black Goo. He was sure the hero would be interested in the idea, but aside from that, there was no guarantee he would care enough to really act on any suggestions. Whatever the case, The crick had come to learn that the be mode of action was to be honest...well, as honest as needed.

"Okay, I'm gonna try and make this short. Right now it seems like there are a bit more bad guys then there are good guys, well, "active" good guys at least. Every jerk with a superpower is running amok, robbing banks, doing stuff like this, and...well, we can't keep relying on circumstance to help us out. Reports say that there was some new heroine who was on the scene to handle the situation and our winged friend hopped in as well. What if that hadn't happened? What if they hadn't been there at all? What if it had only been one of them? And even then, you, me, and the Specter didn't even know anything was up until news reports came in or we looked out windows. What if this villain hadn't been so noticeable? It would've been this new hero completely on their own and we wouldn't have noticed the destruction as quickly."

The Crick stopped and took a breath.

"Yeah, none of that was short let me try again. We need to know whats up as soon as its happening and we need to know who we can count on. Cause we're all superhuman, but we're absolutely not Supermen. We can't be everywhere at once and we can't necessarily handle every threat on our own. And there seem to be a lot more threats out there than there are heroes to prevent them. So, I was thinking we, we try and start sort of hero organization. A sorta safety net for heroes, new & old, and our fair city. What do you think?"