The Super Hero RP Deluxe! (Closed, Started)

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias watched the twins for a moment, and with them talking around her she decided to remove her self from the conversation. "Well, since you two seem to have a rather long conversation ahead of you, I'll leave you to it." She said politely as she got around them then started away, but then stopped. "I got a show at Black Eyed Joe's tonight, it's a country bar, but they like to do a lot of rock there to. Real Rock and Roll, none of those kids whining about their 'mommy and daddy issues' or how their girlfriend only wants them for sex." her tone shifting to a slightly annoyed one when bringing up the current state of rock music

"If that's not your thing though, Wednesday's I sing at Cielo, I do a lot of classics singing there, it is kind of a high class restaurant though so keep that in mind if you wanna come see that show."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
"I got a show at Black Eyed Joe's tonight, it's a country bar, but they like to do a lot of rock there to. Real Rock and Roll, none of those kids whining about their 'mommy and daddy issues' or how their girlfriend only wants them for sex. If that's not your thing though, Wednesday's I sing at Cielo, I do a lot of classics singing there, it is kind of a high class restaurant though so keep that in mind if you wanna come see that show."

"Ok cool, I should have enough time to check out your show tonight," Tom said, "see you around then!"

He wasn't quite sure what she meant by him and Tim having a long conversation ahead of them though, there were lots of people in the world who looked remarkably similar without being related after all. That wasn't to say he wouldn't be happy to talk about whatever with people, and Tim seemed a fun enough sort.

"So Tim, where are you headed to?" he asked "I was going to drop by the comic shop, you're welcome to tag along if you want."

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Terry leaped from rooftop, a slight whoosh, spring, and a chirp coming from his legs with each long stride. He felt fantastic, moving with such grace and speed. He was nowhere near as good as his mother was in her prime, but that's what training is for. His obstacle loomed before him, coming up fast. This wasn't anything too new for him, but stunts like this didn't come up often.

Terry lunges into a roll through beams of a water tower. When he's through, and finds himself flying through an alley and ricochets from wall to wall, reaching the end of the alley and launching himself to the opposing building. He slides down the railing of a solar panel reaches the bottom, and hurls himself into the air. He flies over what appears to be a cactus garden and towards his target. Knuckle busters from his pneumatic fist cups over his hand. He lands, throwing his punch, the boom of a hydraulic piston pulling back...

And stops the punch an inch away from his target: a broken satellite dish with a crudely painted on horrified expression.

"I would never use that much force on anyone, don't be so scared" A sudden gust of wind turned the disk abruptly and Terry's stun baton shot out lighting fast, jabbing the disk, breaking it off its pole.

"But you have all the right to be shocked." Terry chuckled a bit "good god that was lame"Terry turned towards an invisible crowd of onlookers. Throwing his arms up with his back to the edge of the roof.

"Ladies and gentlemen, you have no need to fear, for the ever courageous Crick is here-"

One of the invisible onlookers must have pushed The Crick, cause the next thing he knew he was looking up the sky, which was rapidly moving away from him. Terry landed hard, but oddly padded, despite the sound of splintering wood. He'd landed on a couch...a very expensive couch, being moved off the porch of some steps. He could see a moving truck out of the corner of his eyes. He closed them and sighed deeply.

"Uh, well...sorry too-you know what,don't worry, I'm not going to make the obvious pun." He waited for the tirade of threats of suing, and money demands, but they never came. So Terry opened his eyes and was greeted with 4 men, one terrified man to his left holding a safe, two men dumbfound men who formerly carrying the couch, and one man in the doorway down the hall wrapping a person up in duct-tape. The duct ape thief's speedy tapping slowed to an awkward halt as he looked out the door and at the masked hero, The Crick, seemingly reclining as the rest of his crew stood stock-still.

"Well fuck" the duck-tape thief said.

"Guys" Terry said, his helmet giving his voice a slight edge. "It is Sunday...in the middle of the day...in broad daylight. Why?"

The thief to his left threw the safe.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Frederick Rolls

Frederick found what he needed in the store, and was heading out. However suddenly he stopped, turned to someone he thought he knew, and greeted them with a smile.

"Hi," he said. "How are you today?"

It wasn't until he got a closer look that he realized that he didn't actually know this girl, and that she was probably younger than anyone he was supposed to know regardless. She was wearing shorts, and had brown hair, not looking older than her early twenties. Even so, she looked familiar, somewhat, though in a way he couldn't really put his finger on.

"Oh, nevermind, I just--- have I met you before? I suppose not, but..." He tilted his head, slightly. "My name is Frederick Rolls, could I have seen you in the court or something? You don't look like the type who'd be in a courtroom, but then again, most don't."

Just as long as he hadn't saved her as the Specter or something like that, that'd be hard to explain.

Not that I didn't already ask her if she's a criminal or anything.

He supposed that was why he very rarely dated.

Tim Merridy

"Nice to meet you Tim. Not every day I get to meet someone as handsome and rugged as myself,"

Tim took the other's hand, still grinning. "Hah, then meeting someone even more handsome must be a shock!" he joked. He held onto the hand for a while, as if doing so would help him determine if they really were related or not. "Tim and Tom, huh, if nothing else, our names fit!"

"Well, since you two seem to have a rather long conversation ahead of you, I'll leave you to it."

The girl, Rias, seemed intend on leaving. Tim turned to her. "Oh, don't mind that, stuff like that can always be sorted out later." He wasn't sure if she would listen to him, but really, it wasn't every day he got to talk to a beautiful girl, and certainly not one with powers.

If nothing else, she doesn't seem to be a hero, which means that there'll be one less person to hinder my devilish plans.

"I got a show at Black Eyed Joe's tonight, it's a country bar, but they like to do a lot of rock there to. Real Rock and Roll, none of those kids whining about their 'mommy and daddy issues' or how their girlfriend only wants them for sex. If that's not your thing though, Wednesday's I sing at Cielo, I do a lot of classics singing there, it is kind of a high class restaurant though so keep that in mind if you wanna come see that show."

"Hm, high class isn't my kinda thing, but I'm down for the rock and roll!" Tim replied, eagerly. He wasn't much of a music person, but something like this would prove itself to be really interesting. Besides, after what would be an amazing and evil introduction, he would need to take it easy for a couple of hours. "I look forward to seeing your talent on the scene, even if it's not acting." He then shoved an elbow into Tom's stomach and leaned over, making it clear that he was joking when he spoke.

"You going too, Tom? I mean, I don't know you, but you can't turn down beautiful girls just like that, right?" he smirked.

"Ok cool, I should have enough time to check out your show tonight. see you around then!"

"That's my---- doppelgänger? Whatever, I suppose, what's important is that you're going!"

Tom felt like the kind of person who could be fooled easily, heck, Tim knew he could be. Perhaps enough to get some sort of benefit out of it?

"So Tim, where are you headed to? I was going to drop by the comic shop, you're welcome to tag along if you want."

"I'm mostly looking around for a place to stay," he admitted, readily. "I'll take you up on that offer, though."

No need to get started yet, after all.

VuvuZelaMan

Oct 23, 2010
Ash

Tess shrugged "Well be more careful next time," she said, before turning and leaving in a bit of a huff.

Ash watched as the rather unpleasant girl walked off without apology, sighing before wiping any dust from the floor off her pant legs. What's her problem?

Any observations of suspicious behavior were cut off by a familiar-sounding voice.

"Hi," he said. "How are you today?"

What is he doing here? Ash looked around quickly, thinking she recognized the speaker before seeing the man actually talking to her. Huh. Sounds just like that one guy.

"Oh, nevermind, I just--- have I met you before? I suppose not, but..." He tilted his head, slightly. "My name is Frederick Rolls, could I have seen you in the court or something? You don't look like the type who'd be in a courtroom, but then again, most don't."

OK, this is weird. He definitely sounds just like the Specter. But I thought he was a ghost?

"Uh, no, never been in court..." Ash was trying to not seem too distracted; it could, after all, be a coincidence. "Maybe you saw me while I was at work. My name's Ash Steel, if it helps any."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
"Excellent!" Rias said as the two of them said they'd come see her show "It starts at eight" she said, then rather happily walked away from the pair after excusing her self again.

The rest of her mall excursion was uneventful, and it wasn't long before she headed home to work on her set for that night. Truthfully she liked Black Eyed Joe's more then Cielo. While Cielo was good for her as a singer, the type of stuff she performed wasn't the kind of thing she truly liked, where as Black Eyed Joe's pretty much let her sing what ever she wanted, which some times leads to 'musical whiplash' when she's feeling devious, this wasn't one of those times those, as such she put a lot of thought into her set for that night.

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
Nano

"It starts at eight" his target said to someone unimportant before walking away. For the moment, he would disengage; following the target outside the crowd seemed dangerous when her power was unknown. As such, Jason slipped back into the mall so he could continue to take pictures of all the strange alien objects on sale.

He set an alarm for 7 so he'd have time to get to the show.

Mina

After staring out into the streets for a while, Mina sighed and stood. There was no sense just sitting there all day. She had a world to save. After pushing a button on her phone, she began to speak. "Aldric. Bring the car around." She heard her driver/assistant reply "Right away Ms. Fukao". Aldric was anything but a good man; he'd done enough evil in his life for ten men. However, in that time, he'd gained valuable skills and contacts she benefited greatly from. Like Moses, he'd never be allowed to enter the promised land.

Arriving at the door just as the car pulled up, she got in quickly and spoke. "Take me to East-Side Bank. It's time to begin phase 2." Aldric replied with a "Yes Ma'am" an drove off. Things were going to become difficult from here on out; but at least they wouldn't be boring. Phase 2 wasn't all that impressive. It consisted of expanding the ranks of her forces. Aldric would be covering most of the leg work while she merely provided the funds to move forward. It was a simple arrangement but difficult one for her. It meant she'd need to be hands off... without control.

She didn't like lacking control. Control is what made her successful.

In any event, Aldric would begin searching for individual's with certain talents of chaos and destruction. He'd provide funds from an "anonymous donor" to any villain with a knack for causing panic and fear. If it was news-worthy and in the city, she'd fund it. Of course, Aldric wouldn't be meeting any of them directly; this couldn't come back to her if Phase 3 were to be a success.

Eventually, the car pulled up to East-Side, Mina got out, and went inside. If she was going to fund all these little ventures, she'd need to liquidate some of her "private" (read: secret) capital.

Any villains (or well-informed heroes) will be hearing about someone offering to fund large-scale evil plots within the city for a small cut of the take. If you agree to meet, you won't be meeting with Mina, but a random minion (one of many) with no knowledge of who the employer is.

@IFS: When you break in, Mina will be waiting in the vault.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Terry looked at his looked at his handy work from the rooftop as the cops arrived. Two thieves handcuffed together lying on the couch, still horribly confused about what happened. One angry thief wrapped in his own ductape, trying to pop his ear drums after having a pair a fiddlers fly around him for a few minutes, and finally, the last thief sitting belly up with a safe placed gently on his chest. The officer standing a few feet behind Terry looked around at the thieves and back to The Crick.

"Why the safe?" He rubbed his eyes as the evening light finally began to set in.

"I ran out of handcuffs." Terry said. The civillian they had ductaped up sat upright on the stretcher, talking with the paramedics. He quickly glanced up and waved at The Crick, the small crowd that had formed began cheering. The officers on the ground merely shook their heads a bit and grimaced. Terry didn't mind them.

"They're officers of the law, they don't like most heroes until they're saving them from fully sapient gorilla mechs." Terry looked back at the officer.

"It was an unusual year."

"Well sir, we live in an unusual town. And speaking of unusual, whenever you show up you either have something interesting for me to handle or you want me to visit a children's event."

"Someone's planning something."

"You want me to attend your nephew's bar mitzvah."

"That's next month." The officer said, not grinning at Terry's remark as he usually would. "I don't have all the details yet, but word on the street is that someone may be looking for super-powered muscle."

"Oh, I see" Terry said, focusing more intently. "You think there's some higher plot?"

"I don't really know yet. All we're working off of is a few mixed words from an informant of mine. Maybe it's just someone musing, maybe there's an actual definite plan. Point is, it seems like any one with a power is welcome as far as intel can indicate and I'm not too thrilled about that."

"A bunch of random super people in the same place doesn't sound like anything logical. Not sure how I can help you with this sir. I'm not even sure what you want me to do." Terry stared at the officer, his hair slightly grayed and a slight scar under his eye. They'd come to be good friends over the last few years after The Crick helped him out of a bind. From then on, Terry was willing to do pretty much anything to help him out. But something seemed different about this. The officer cleared his throat.

"I'm telling you this because...look, modern heroes don't seem as unified or organized as they were in my day. If someone were to round up a bunch of villains and criminals and just let them lose, I'm not sure a couple of heroes would be able to handle it. Especially if it just happens out of the blue."

"I'm sorry sir, I still don't understand." Terry was genuinely confused as to what the officer was getting at.

"...Look, I trust you. A good number of people in this city trust you because you help the little guy and you're honest. And that's why I think you should try reaching out to other heroes. Because if someone is, or ever wants to plan something like this...I need to know that out of all the heroes who might show up, I can truly count on someone."

The officer said nothing more and started walking off, leaving Terry to contemplate his proposition.

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
[HEADING=3]Dr. Schwertner[/HEADING]

"Okay I will help. Where do you want to go?"

"Vell, I sink I need firsht to see vere see yard iron, no no..." Vinzenz stopped momentarily. He knew that in his limited vocabulary there was a more clear set of words for what he needed. Something he'd also put on his 'to do' list was to get his hands on a German-English dictionary, but that wouldn't come until later. For that, he needed money. To get that, he needed to build at least one thing of use. To do that, he needed much more parts than what was currently available at that warehouse. And for those, he needed the man's help to get his bearings. "See metal...scrap...yard. Ja?"

[HEADING=3]Jack[/HEADING]

Pockets full of quarters, the leather jacket jingled and jangled with every step the prideful ne'er do well took. It was just a little on the heavy side, but the weight was comforting in that he had some spending money. First stop was, of course, getting a soda pop and an ice cream sandwich at the nearest convenience store. Some of the burdening weight of decent earnings would be lifted and in its stead, sugary indulgences suitable for as sunny a day as it was. He strolled down the street with a Bobby Darin tune in his head, humming along and occasionally stepping in rhythm as he went along. As he passed by an alley, he prepared to toss his empty pop bottle into it when he heard someone rummaging around. There was an elderly bum sifting through the top layer of garbage in one of the dumpsters for any recyclables he could turn in for cash and Jack felt like he could smell the acrid stench of alcohol and soiled clothing just from seeing the guy. Either the bum hadn't seen Jack or just refused to acknowledge his presence. That was until Jack had called out to him.

"Hey, Daddy-O," Jack called casually with a crooked smile. "For someone so loaded, you ain't as jazzed up as you should be. Lookin' for some scratch to score your next fix?"

The ragged old man just looked down at his feet shamefully, clutching his cans and bottles a little more tightly.

"I think I got somethin' for ya..."

Slowly, the bum's gaze rose and the beginnings of a smile crept onto his face. Though that was just before Jack gripped his empty soda bottle's neck and, with a sidearm throw, winged it down the alley. Once the bum saw the throw, he tottered back and fell, hitting the ground just as the glass bottle exploded against the dumpster's side. There was more sounds of breaking glass as some of the bum's own collection shattered and cracked on the asphalt. Jack couldn't help but laugh at the man's distress, pointing and nearly doubling over from his 'little joke' as the bum scrambled around the alley on his knees to try and salvage what he could.

"Oh, I'm so sorry about that," Jack started, feigning self-reproach and shrugging with mock guilt as he unhurriedly started down the sidewalk again. "I was only tryin' to toss it to ya, but it musta slipped or somethin'. I'd help ya clean up, but I gotta split. Late for a date, ya dig? Smell ya later."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Tom

"I'll take you up on that offer, though."

"Sure ok," Tom said, straightening up from the elbowing Tim had given him. It was just a playful jab so it didn't hurt, but Tom still didn't like people poking him in the stomach.

He shrugged it off though and led the way to the shop, he wasn't really sure what to ask Tim though he figured they'd have plenty of time to talk later. Tim seemed to have some common interests at least since he'd agreed to head to the shop, but Tom hadn't seen him around before.

"Are you new in town?" he said as they reached the store "If you want I can show you around later!"

As he spoke he moved to the shelves, picking over them for the latest issues. It might be pretty nerdy but Tom always felt like an afternoon spent here was one well spent.

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Frederick Rolls

Before the young woman replied, she seemed to recognize him, or rather, his voice. When she actually turned to him, she seemed to be surprised, though, she then spoke.

"Uh, no, never been in court... Maybe you saw me while I was at work. My name's Ash Steel, if it helps any."

"Hm, nope, that doesn't really ring a bell. Where do you work?" Something told him this wasn't going to go anywhere, not like this. He didn't recognize her at all now, though he'd been sure of it earlier. Not to mention, this girl, Ash Steel, had recognized his voice, right?

Could she have seen me as the Specter?

No way.

That's not very likely.

Still, if she had, then perhaps he'd be able to make sure of that. If he could establish that, he'd be able to proceed from there, tell her not to give his identity away, or even figure out just how she knew.

"Well, it seems I may have wasted your time," he said, and smiled, his tone playful like the Specter's tended to be. He then repeated a phrase he often said as the "Phantom of the Opera," as some called him.

"Nevertheless, as long as one learn something new, time is never wasted." He chuckled. "Don't you agree?"

Tim Merridy

Tim didn't have much when it came to plans, so he followed the very identical man to the comic shop, and looked at stuff. He wasn't in a position where he'd go buy anything, but getting to know someone who could potentially become a future... well, something, relation, character, role, whatever one liked to call it, might be neat. He was about to excuse himself when Tom spoke.

"Are you new in town? If you want I can show you around later!"

"Well, I---" he stopped himself. Tim had almost told the other that he had plans, and that he was busy, but really, at what time would he get the chance to see the town? Besides, with plans later in the evening, his villainy would have to wait.

"Sure. Right now I'm going to head to the restaurant we just passed, though, I haven't eaten in a while and I'm hungry. I'll see you around, though." With that, he excused himself, and left, if he didn't run into Tom after that, he'd at least find him when they were going to that country club.

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
Alex

"See metal...scrap...yard. Ja?"

Alex thought of any scrap yards nearby but the only one he could think of was Olev's scrapyard on the other side of town. Olev is a friend of his father and owns a large scrapyard in the industrial part of the city. There companies could just leave their undesired metals and materials for him to breakdown and sell at a large profit than they would be. It would be quite the venture and Alex would require a car for that one of which he had to borrow from his father.

"Yeah..." Alex scratched the back of his head. "You stay here. I will fetch car." Alex said with hand motions so the man would understand complete with him pretending to drive a car. He estimated how long it would take him to get to his house and convince his father to let him borrow the car. Getting home wouldn't be an issue but rather it would be talking to his father. "I will be back... sun down. Later, okay?"

Alex got out a wrinkled receipt on a pen and wrote down his cellphone number. "My number... to call." Alex said as he gave the man his contact number. Hopefully he would understand that part and he recalled seeing a payphone a few blocks down but whether or not it worked was a different story. He also gave the man spare change in case he wanted to call him. "For payphone, down the street." Alex pointed towards where he saw the payphone. "I will be back."

And with that, Alex the odd man to his musings. He did feel bad for the man and his inability to articulate himself properly. It had been a struggle for his father to fully understand English as well but when Alex considered what he had, he was lucky compared to what this man had. In a hurry he left for his house also on the other side of town.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stefan

Stefan arrived back in his hotel room with a message on his phone or more specifically a deal. He checked his laptop and in his email he received an offer from a source he's never heard of before which normally is a good sign for Stefan. He accessed the email.

To whom it may concern,
This company would like to express its interest in the funding of individuals, such as yourself, with a unique skill set and motivation for working in certain circumstances. We offer funding of certain operations with only a simple and small take of the profit gained from the endeavors. This cooperation is beneficial for both parties involved and will yield significant profit for those involved as well. Reply if interested.

Sincerely,
Mr. Johnson

Stefan gave a professionally curt reply that was something more akin to what passive-aggressive businessmen would reply to one another and not what a professional soldier would exactly send out but he did like the formality of it all. The offer of wealth always interested him but he had to wary of what exactly he would do or rather if he would be caught. Stefan is already skirting a thin line with the acts he's done over the past and if this employer heard about him through certain sources then he hoped they knew what they were getting.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Approximately 8:00 pm

Tom

Tom stood outside the bar for a few moments before entering, he'd never been here before and had to double check that he'd found the right place. His day off had been surprisingly peaceful all things considered, and he was looking forward to seeing Rias sing. That said he wasn't sure if the bar was his kind of place or not. Oh well, if nothing else Tim will be there, he seemed like a fun enough guy.

He shrugged and grinned before entering, worrying rarely had much point to it and besides if you went someplace expecting to have fun chances were you would.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tess

She smirked and slipped on the domino mask before stepping into the bank, she'd had her eye on this place for a while now and after spending the day shopping she was ready for some action. She didn't get far before people noticed her, grinning as their attention turned to her.

"Listen up people, I'm just here to make a withdrawal so if nobody does anything stupid everything will be fine," she announced, there weren't many non-employees in the place given the time, but those that were there shrank back at this announcement.

One of the guards went for his gun, and her rope lashed out of its own accord, wrapping around the man's hands, a quick yank from her sending him to the ground. The rope snatched up the gun and she quickly pulled it in, taking the clip out of it and dropping both into her bag before approaching a teller.

"You, you're going to be nice and open up the vault for me ok?" she said with mock sweetness in her voice, the teller complied quickly, leading her towards the vault. Heh, seems these lot have heard about me, makes this much easier, she thought to herself. That thought quickly changed to another as the door swung open though, revealing a tall japanese businesswoman waiting for her.

She took a sharp intake of breath, her eyes narrowing in surprise and anger. A set up! She moved quickly, grabbing the teller and locking her arms around his neck so he couldn't struggle or speak much.

"Who are you?" she barked, her muscles tense, even her rope was ready to jump out at her command "Stand aside if you don't want him hurt."

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias had gotten to the bar a couple hours prior to the show to get ready, mostly for sound check and a little rehearsal back stage. As usual she made sure to eat before going on stage, and also as per her usual she ate with the band. They talked about the show that night, the set they'd be playing, and the week prior.

Then show time rolled around, Rias and the band had been tossing around which song to lead off with, due to Rias having picked out several for the nights performance that would make great openers with out ruining the general flow she was going for with the song list.

The lights lowered and the band took the stage under the cover of darkness, and the band started playing [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCSRo_jRt10], as the did the lights raised a little so the crowed could see the band and Rias begun to sing, as well as play lead guitar, which to the regulars meant little, but she got a few surprised looks from some of the people who haven't seen her before and weren't expecting the 'pretty red head' to be performing rock, let alone metal.

As the first song reached the second verse her powers came out, taking the form of red wisps that 'danced' eerily above the crowd, a few acting as though they might be whispering something into the bands ears when the song called for it.

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
Mina

"Who are you?" the woman barked, "Stand aside if you don't want him hurt."

Mina had been packing money into a briefcase when the vault had opened. Turning to face the unknown woman, she found herself face-to-face with a woman dressed in an outfit that little but her face to the imagination. "Americans."

"Mina Fukao" she said, smiling. "and I don't have any intention of getting in your way." From there, Mina tipped the briefcase to show off the money than backed away from the case to allow the thief to inspect and take the cash if she wanted. "I have to say; I'm impressed. You must be awfully confident to break into one of my banks."

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
[HEADING=3]Dr. Schwertner[/HEADING]

A steady whirring noise radiated from the middle of the warehouse floor. It was accompanied by the dampened clacking of a chain catching onto a rotary gear's turning mechanism and heavy breathing that was laced with the fatigued cursing of the man operating the machinery. Occasionally, and with greater frequency as the hours went by, there was a resounding snap of electricity being discharged from the clunky, metal contraption that was on the floor. It was cylindrical, albeit in the loosest of definitions, and rather bulky, its case having been constructed from panels that were definitely not meant to be put together. Likely the oddest thing about the device was the makeshift bicycle pedals below an improvised seat and set of handlebars that were gripped by a pair of sweaty hands. The pedals spun with the energy of a terribly unfit man who was already pushing the limits of what his body was capable of. "Ach! Meine Lungen sind auf Feuer!"

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Frederick Rolls

Frederick had imagined that the evening would be a quiet one, even with Sofia there. Perhaps even a possibility to sneak away and do something as the Specter when she had gone to the guest-bedroom. He'd made a Black Forest cake earlier, and they'd had a couple of pieces each with some tea, chatting about how they've spent their time -the kind of topic siblings often do talk about when they've not talked for a while- and about the festival. Just, normal conversation. Of course it wasn't going to be that relaxing, though.

It was that topic that had caused Sofia to suddenly demand that Frederick arranged for some place where she could practice. He'd considered telling her that a judge didn't actually have that many contacts within the music business, and that his place was perfectly fine for musical practices, but he'd been lucky with the first people he had called. If lucky was the right word.

Regardless, that was why he was driving his car towards the Neutropolis theatre hall, where both the local group's as well as other plays were performed. It wasn't unusual for it to be used for concerts and the likes in the past, but a brand new concert hall in the middle of the city had changed that. Sofia were tuning her violin in the passenger seat. While she wasn't much of a whimsical person normally, she found practising to be the most important thing at all times. He checked the clock. 8 P.M.

Oh joy. I wonder if I'll even be able to make a round as the Specter while she's here.

Tim Merridy

Tim arrived a little late to Rias' show due to having to find a cheap hotel that wasn't full due to the festival. However, he came in, as silently as he could. He wasn't sure if it was allowed, but he'd snuck a small camera in hoping to catch a few of Rias' tricks.

Might be a good idea to learn about it, if nothing else. Then I'm off to do evil!

Even though he was thinking this, he found himself unable to take his eyes away a single moment when she did eventually use her powers, not even to turn the camera on. Red wisps were dancing over them, following the tune of the song. It was beautiful, eerie and magnificent all at once, a simple but powerful effect.

Wow.

Even if it wasn't used for evil, it still was pretty awesome. The music wasn't too bad either, he found himself being one of the people clapping the loudest when the song ended, and, during the small interlude between the songs, took the time to locate Tom and sit in the empty seat next to him. He mimed a "hello" to the other, though he didn't actually say anything. This was a time for awe, after all, not evil.

Or...?

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
"So he essentially wants me to organize a group of super friends." Terry said to father as he stared into the face of his exosuit. Terry detached the helmet and the suit quickly began to collapse in on itself, folding itself into a set of metal layers about the size of a small briefcase. Terry stuffed the suit into his backpack and carried his helmet over to his father, placing it on the table. His dad's head tilted slightly.

"You could've just called me and asked me about all this. There's still a good bit of daylight left."[/color} His dad said , as Terry grabbed a wretch from the table and sat on the floor. He was probably gonna be on his but for awhile and was putting his suit back on as soon as he was done helping his dad. No reason for Terry to put on his legs.

"I can still make time to help you out with stuff around the house." Terry loosened a pipe beneath the sink. "And you can help me with this little idea. I could really use some advice here, from the Magnificent Mockingjay." Terry waved his arms a bit.

"Well..." His father sighed."Your mother and I had our fair share of allies back in the day. Crimson Cannonball, Interstellar Man, Vivian Vine, Mr. Mechanical, Detective X, and a few other heroes who would help out from time to time. We were a good team...but-" a pile of sludge spurted out of the sink. Terry's father handed him a rag.

"But what?"

"We were all individuals. We couldn't be policed, regulated, or controlled really. And that was actually a good thing but...we all had our own ways of protecting the streets of Neurocity. And sometimes we got in the way of each other...sometimes we weren't what we thought we were. Some of us were better together, while others were better off alone."

"So I shouldn't make a team?" Terry looked into the pipes and motioned his father over "Yep, it's in here."

"Truth be told, your generation of heroes seems more focused on their individuality, which is admirable in itself...but at least some form of communication wouldn't hurt. Communication changes everything.
Terry's father whistled into the pipe, shaking the sink, and out popped a wedding ring. Terry picked it up and handed it to his father.

"Hey dad...whatever happened to most of the heroes you knew." Terry's father sighed. He looked at the wedding ring with a slight grin on your face.

"Well you know what happened to your mom and me. Most of the other heroes either went down in the line of duty or just sorta dropped off the face of the Earth. Crimson Cannonball lives in Jersey with his wife and 3 kids, Detective X is in a psyche ward as a patient AND a professor for attempting to find an alien conspiracy in the sewer treatment plants, Vivian Vine has firmly planted herself as the tree in Neurocity Nation Park, and Mr.Mechanical... I don't know about him actually, he usually would just show up. I gave him his name as a joke really. Didn't keep up after a few years. All I knew was that the guy always looked so...forget it, my memory is probably jus fading. As far as I know, he still lives in Neurocity."

Terry popped his legs back on and stood up. He looked his dad in the face, slightly wrinkled , gray streaks in his hair, but still magnificent at heart. He knew his father left out the few cases of heroes mistaking each other for villains and heroes turning out to be the villains, but he knew that was just the risk. Terry knew there were good people out there and the more he thought about the past; him and his brother waking up to watch news reports on heroes while they waited from their parents to either wake up or return from their night shifts. Neither of them knew they were listening to stories of their parent's night shifts.

"I think I'll give it a shot dad." Terry said, smiling as he imagined a group of heroes and himself in the headlines.

"I'm sure you'll do well. Now sit down, your mom will be home soon and we can start making dinn-" Terry's father heard the sound of unfolding metal and plastics, and turned around to see his son full suited up. His father shook his head a bit a chucked.

"First you want to drop in and help around the house and now you're going back out to "do what do-gooders good. C'mon boy, make up your mind!"

"Sorry dad, like you said, there's still daylight left." With that, Terry ran into the basement and emerged out the cellar doors on a blind side of the house. He began bounding out toward the metro area, rather excited.The sun would be setting in a bit, and more heroes would be out and about.

"Alright, lets make a few friends. How hard could it be?"

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
Alex

"So carry the seven and divide by two." Alex pointed out on the paper. "The plugging in the formula is always the trickiest part, Cat."

"I hate math." Catherine huffed as she scribbled down the answer. Alex chuckled at his little sister and tussled her blonde hair.

"If you want a future, you just have to deal with it." Alex said before he fetched some deli meat from the fridge before chomping down on a few slices. Even with slices of ham in his mouth he was still able to speak. "It's important."

"A boring future..." Catherine mumbled. "I want a future where I can do awesome things, not math things."

"How do you think we reached the Moon, huh? We didn't just fly towards it. Think of math as a means to an end." Alex drank some water to swirl in his mouth before spitting it into the sink.

"I meant like the things you do." Catherine looked up from her work. The sincerity in her voice echoed through the large but empty house.

"Don't be jealous of me, Cat." Alex cautioned but then the sound of the door opening filled the house. Alex and Catherine turned to see Dmitri and a few friends pile into the spacious living room.

"Alex! Come greet your brother!" Dmitri went forward with a buxom beauty in tow. Alex sheepishly went forward and eyed his friends who all seemed to be just like his brother in size. It was as if someone copied the muscular build of his brother and pasted different kinds of faces instead. "See, this is my brother!"

"Wow, he looks to different to be your brother..." The woman said. "He is too skinny and no muscle."

"Haha! This is true, he needs to get some meat for his bones." Dmitri playfully punched Alex in the arm. "Too much studying. It is all the boy does. Study, study, study. It should be gym, gym, gym!"

Alex just laughed along. He looked back at Catherine but she was already halfway up the stairs before his eyes found hers. Alex then scanned the group who looked quite inebriated to say the least which would make things a bit easier, he hoped.

"Dmitri, can I borrow the car?" Alex finally asked, deadpan in his proposition. Dmitri gave him a look.

"What for?" Dmitri asked, a sly face replaced his usual rugged one.

"I'm going out with some friends. I gotta pick them up. You know how it is." Alex said, hoping that his brother would just let him go. Despite Alex's age, Dmitri still treats him like a child mostly because it was their father than instilled that behavior in Dmitri early on.

"Celebrating your 21st birthday, I presume." Dmitri grinned a toothy smile. He took out the car keys from his pocket and dangled them in his face. "These are expensive, you know. And besides father's this is a very nice car. I should know, I built it."

"When have I ever disappointed you, brother?" Alex responded. Dmitri lowered the keys into Alex's palm and as he closed his hands, Dmitri pulled them back up. Laughter came from Dmitri and his entourage.

"Not fast enough, grasshopper!" Dmitri mocked before heading to the kitchen. He threw the car keys to Alex on his way there. Alex caught them was almost out of the door when he remembered to say thanks but Dmitri and his friends were already emptying the fridge in a roar of laughter.

Alex stepped outside and felt the cool air of the coming night. For a second he looked at the fading yellow skies and wondered why he was helping that German man with finding metal but before he could answer himself he went to his brother's tricked out SUV.

The vehicle was a monster of an SUV with an emphasis on custom. The vehicle was large enough to accommodate eight people easily so he was sure whatever the man needed, Alex could bring back in one run. When he turned on the vehicle, rave music blared loudly and the bass thumped loud enough that he thought the tinted windows would crack. Alex turned down the music and left their large house. There were several other cars parked along Alex's winding driveway that no doubt belonged to Dmitri's friends. As Alex floored it, he thought he was behind the wheels of a muscle car.

"So much for subtlety..." Alex whispered as he drove to the docks.

He got to the docks through memory and sheer luck. He almost veered onto oncoming traffic, looking for street signs. Alex was admittedly a better runner than a driver but he got there. He parked the car and followed the path to the abandoned warehouse. He checked each one to make sure but he soon found the one he was looking for based on the sounds he heard. Alex followed the odd sounds of machinery to the warehouse that the man was in. He found the man eventually but it looked like he was pedaling in place with all sorts of spare parts looking like they shouldn't belong together. He wondered if he left, would the man notice but Alex was a man of his word so he spoke up.

"Ahem!" Alex coughed loudly over the sound of whirring but it was drowned over it so he walked to the side until he was in the man's view. "Uh, hello. I'm here to help you."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Tom

Tom applauded loudly when the song ended, having greatly enjoyed the show especially when the powers kicked in. Rias was clearly talented and the power usage made the show even more awesome, the wisps gave a sort of haunting feeling to the music. He noticed Tim was there as well, and wasn't surprised when the other came to sit next to him.

He nodded at Tim to greet him as he sat down, but didn't say anything as the next song soon started to play but he was happy to see his doppelganger had managed to show up. He hoped he would be able to talk to Rias when the show ended, let her know how awesome he thought it was.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tess

"I have to say; I'm impressed. You must be awfully confident to break into one of my banks."

"Compliment accepted, your customer service needs work though," Tess said as she tossed the hapless employee aside, keeping watch on him out of the corner of her eye as she grabbed the briefcase digging quickly through it to check for any sort of bug. She supposed she would have to check the money later to make sure it was in order but she didn't want to hang around too long. The police could be slow to respond in Neutropolis but they would eventually arrive. What the woman, Mina, said made her frown though, one of her banks?

"What do you mean one of your banks?" she asked as she closed the briefcase, glancing quickly behind her to make sure no guards were coming. A number of ideas sprang to the front of her mind and she found herself smirking again "How much are you worth exactly?"