The Super Hero RP Deluxe! (Closed, Started)

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias

Rias thought about it for a bit before texting back. [Sure, why not, any place you have in mind case some trigger happy more on shows up?] She set the phone down as she waited for the reply, wondering if she should meet up with Tom, but at the same time, she really felt like she needed a friend right now.

Karen

As Karen headed toward the first place she was told Rias would likely be she found a riot in progress, being lead, or more likely caused by 'privet meh'.

She sighed a rather annoyed sigh, and turned toward that mess in progress to try and put a stop to it.

"HEY! 'Count SoSo'" Yelled as she dove down so she was hovering in front of him and up a bit. "Can we not do this today? I have some one to find, and I'd rather not have to waste time dealing with you and let some overly zealous moron capture, or worse, kill her."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Tim Merridy

"HEY! 'Count SoSo'. Can we not do this today? I have some one to find, and I'd rather not have to waste time dealing with you and let some overly zealous moron capture, or worse, kill her."

"Hah, that is none of my concern," Tim said. With a rather amused tone, he continued; "But go ahead, do whatever you need to do. However, I'M NOT STEPPING DOWN! So, you know, whatever." He laughed loudly, a mocking, distinct laughter as he put one of his spears through a nearby car. No one was sitting in it, and it was simply a little bit of fun chaos. Part of him kept why he did this in the back of his mind, reminding himself of it whenever he felt like going somewhere else and causing more havoc and chaos.

I can't leave just yet. I need the police to get here.

He had to surrender, so he couldn't make too much of a mess either. But oh how tempting it was, oh how fun it would be. He took another look at the unicorn lady, a fight with her would be quite interesting. And, easier to explain. "So, you just going to stand there and watch? Surely, if I am so unimportant, you have better things to do? Surely then, you wouldn't mind if I... helped myself to some hostages, right?!" He wouldn't do it, but his body moved as if he would, changing his goo-suit into one that was bigger, more powerful, with longer arms and claws, and reaching towards people running away, screaming.

They're so small! I could kidnap several of them, it'd be something they would never forget... but no, today I'm a little better than that. For Tom.

Now, all he could do was to see if the other would react, or simply find another way to catch the eyes of the police.

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
This post was written in collaboration with DarkRawen.

"It's kind of... peculiar, I suppose, but I'm unsure of what to do. I've never been a hero, and I've never aimed to be one. I've helped people on occasions, simply because I can and it would be cruel not to, but..." Sirius trailed off for a brief moment. He wasn't sure if saying that the woman organizing the heroes was ruining it for him was a good idea, but she really had. "I don't think taking a step further and actually writing a contract in order to keep doing what little I have done would be a good idea.

"However I don't know if it would be right for me to simply stand there and do nothing. I have abilities that can save lives, but now there is a rule making me unable to use them. Besides, there's something about this whole thing that doesn't seem... right.

"You're a wise man, right? Do you, perhaps, know what I should do? Or, I suppose, we could just discuss my art-work instead, though I won't bother you further if you're busy either, I just... wanted to get some guidance."

"Well," Daniel hesitated. This was a lot to take in. Perhaps it was a bit early for a drink, but he might just need one for this kind of talk. Sirius seemed like he may need one as well for that matter. He was a taken aback that he was being sought for this kind of advice so soon, and admittedly was a little unprepared for it. Nonetheless, he had a foot in a door that was already opening itself up to him. "I have the time if you do, Mr. Hamilton. But this is hardly the place for it. Please, won't you join me in my suite? We can discuss these matters without any disturbances. Over a drink, if you'd like."

"I... yeah, of course," he said. Daniel had to be a very generous man to help him out like this, though Sirius had already suspected that much from the offer he had been given prior to this. "I'm not driving or anything, so I am up for alcohol."

He smiled, briefly, then heard his phone notify him of a message. "Oh, I'm sorry. Just a brief moment," he muttered. "It might be my dad. I tried calling him earlier, but he didn't answer the phone. And he's so worried, I couldn't even bring up the thing about the heroes having to get registered..." Surprisingly, however, it was not him.

[I need a place to crash for a bit]

Tess sent, and Sirius looked at the words.

I suppose I might as well let her crash at my place.

On one hand, she might try to go through his stuff, if she really was a bad person. However, she was a fugitive. Besides, he didn't tend to keep cash around his flat, and the most expensive stuff inside was painting and drawing tools. He started typing the details, but looked back at Daniel.

"Just a friend asking about something. I really do apologize if it is rude for me to be typing as I talk, but I'm not sure I want to know what'd happen if I don't help her."

Something bad, I am sure.

"It's related to all of "this" too. I don't think the organization is an awfully good thing, though that too might be a very rude thing to say."

"Oh?" Daniel interjected curiously. "Well if you have a friend that's in need, I suppose it would be very unbecoming of me to ask you to put her aside. Though if it's nothing terribly urgent, then let us be on our way." He gestured toward the elevators for emphasis.

Once in the lift, Daniel swiped his hotel key and up they went. "You know, I was once in a position to be a hero of sorts," he said, breaking the brief quiet. "A real humanitarian job. Well, not really just a job, it was a full-blown career. I thought I would be doing it for...well, forever. But that all came down around me. Because of something I did. One little slip. I went against the 'Big Picture'," Daniel made a wide gesture with his hands. "I thought I was doing the right thing. But looking back now..." He briefly looked towards the ceiling with a glassy-eyed gaze before looking to Sirius.

"I guess I'm not sure, really. But what I'm getting at here is the there's no right thing for you to do. But keep in mind, if you want to focus on your art, it's best you do so within the bounds of law, as tedious as it may be. Unless you're going for some kind of 'revolutionary' angle, but do you know where that gets you? A one-weekend gallery in some pretentious underground show floor and a Facebook page."

Ding! chimed the elevator, denoting they've reached their destination. The doors opened to reveal a spacious open lounge area with a view of the city through floor-to-ceiling windows. The windows continued on towards the right where a concert grand piano was taking up a spot on a raised portion of the floor. To the left was a darkly polished wood bar with full shelves of liquor behind it.

"Welcome, Mr. Hamilton, to the height of luxury. Please, have a seat," Daniel insisted, sweeping his arm toward the lounge chairs before making great strides toward the bar. "I'll fix us something to drink. What would you like? Something bitter, something sweet, a little of both?"

Sirius kept typing up his message as Daniel spoke. He was curious about what the other meant when he spoke of being in a position to be a hero, but it would probably be rather rude to ask. Besides, the other was still talking, now about keeping himself lawful in order to promote his art. He understood that, it would be difficult to be in any position of fame if you were known as a criminal.

I'd hope I wouldn't end up like that, even if I help just once.

He finished up the message, telling Tess that there was some food in his fridge, and that she could help herself to the contents, though that if she wanted a drink, she'd have to get her own alcohol. He did have about a dozen bottles of ale and beer, as well as some bottles of the stronger stuff, but it was all from home, and he wanted to keep it for special occasions.

And... send. Having sent the message, he looked up, now at the amazing suite Daniel had. It had a wonderful view, a grand piano, as well as shelves of liquor. It looked like the kind of place you would only see in a movie, although, actually, Sirius had stayed in a suite like that before, and this was even more magnificent. He took a seat in one of the lounge chairs, and thought of what to drink.

Should I just ask for a beer? I have a feeling that would be a little too informal.

"A little of both," he just replied, a polite smile. "I'll trust you to pick something good." He waited for Daniel to return, looking at the piano.

"You won't be disappointed," Daniel said, exuberantly sliding behind the bar. He withdrew a couple of chilled coupe glasses from a cooler and a cocktail shaker from a cupboard with experienced swiftness.

"Do you play? The piano, I mean. There was a time when I was small that my father tried to teach me, but everything I played just sounded... empty, he said. My dad, I mean. I was fine with that, I preferred drawing, but it was a bit odd to hear, that, somehow, what was going on in my head was affecting the way I played. I still worry that it might the same with my paintings, that I simply don't see it," he said, no emotion in his voice as he spoke. It wasn't supposed to be sappy, and he didn't recognize it as such, simply continued.

"This is a marvelous place, though. Part of me keeps thinking about how I'd sketch it, try to get some of the view while getting as much of the interior as possible."

"Well, I'll have this place for a while so if you feel so inclined, feel free to stop by and it'll be at your disposal," Daniel smiled sincerely as he started mixing the drinks. There was a pause as he joggled the cocktail shakers. He considered Sirius's worries for a moment. "Do you know of William Carlos Williams? He was a poet. A damned good one, if you ask me. He favored precision in his imagery. All he had to do was observe and write. No frills, no extravagance, just a picture."

Daniel had a grapefruit in one hand and a zester in the other, putting the final touch on the cocktails with small twists of the rind. He momentarily admired his work. Fortunately not for too long. He collected the glasses and made his way over to the lounge area. He handed Sirius a glass before claiming a seat of his own on the sofa opposite his guest. "This little cocktail, a Cinquecento it's called, has been referred to as 'a grand European tour in a glass.' Now that is extravagance. But it certainly tastes good. Going back onto the subject of your...troubles. If you can do with your drawings what Williams does with his words, people will find feeling to put into it. Sometimes art leaves a space for others to fill in. And that's perfectly fine. A little emotional 'emptiness' may only serve to allow more to appreciate it.

Yet again, Sirius found himself listening to the other. He wasn't quite sure when to talk again, only took a sip of the drink. Cinquecento, Daniel had called it. Sirius had heard that name before, it was Italian, he thought. Some sort of word for the renaissance, he believed, though he wasn't sure. It tasted good, anyhow, he was glad he hadn't been born without physical sensations and feelings, at least.

He wasn't sure of what to say about his art, he didn't "simply" want to draw what he could see, like some sort of photography. He wanted to make it livid, in a sort of almost magical way. However, Sirius did agree that painting what he saw, fully and completely, might be a good way of doing it as well. Not like a photo, but the way he saw it, some sort of subjective truth.

All in all, he would have to grow, and simply nodded as Daniel spoke of it.

"To go back a little further," Daniel shifted in his seat and turned to look at the piano behind him. "I haven't found much time to play, come to think of it. I've been far too busy. I did recently close a rather consuming bit of business, so I'm sure I'll have time for it." He looked wistfully at the gleaming black surface as he took a sip from his glass. Then he looked back to Sirius. "So, tell me about this organization you seem to be having trouble with. You don't want to be prevented from helping people but you don't do it often enough for you to feel comfortable registering in this...census?"

"Sort of," he started. "Well, no, it's not sort of, but it's a little... complicated. I'm not really a hero. Back home, I would interfere when I was there, when I could, but I was just a person with super powers, who helped when I had the opportunity. My powers are different from other people, because it's very difficult to use them. I can only use one at a time, and it changes with the feeling I'm feeling, or rather, the feeling of whoever I'm connected to." He looked at his feet.

"So I can't really be called upon, and I can't be relied upon. However, the alternative, what they're asking me to do, is to stand aside, not help anyone, lest I might be illegally using my powers. From a logical and moral point of view, they hold about about the same position in my mind. But I wanted someone more emotional, or even just more experienced with dealing with this kind of thing, the business part, not the hero part, to... well." He sighed.

"I suppose I might be asking you to make a decision for me."

"I see," Daniel considered. Here he was, being handed the reigns on this man's life. Given the option to steer him in the direction he needed. The temptation was almost palpable. But it wasn't his way. Sirius would need to get there on his own. Though a friendly nudge wouldn't be remiss. "Well, I can't tell you that you outright that you should commit to one or the other. But I will recommend that you give it some time. Consider that you don't need to help people. It's not the duty of a postman to prevent a bank robbery. Why should it be your duty when there's a serviceable police force? And if the news is anything to go by, they'll have interesting additions with Ms. Fukao's proposed program."

"I know," Sirius said. "Part of me, a rather large part, would say that it doesn't matter. I don't know them, and I may never have anything to do with a single of those individuals. And I'm bad at caring, but... my father always told me to help people. To be polite, and to be a good person, even if it wouldn't always be easy for me to know how to do that... but you're right. I shouldn't force myself to choose just yet, if it becomes a problem, I'll have to do that."

I suppose I've done what I came to do.

It would be rude to simply leave, though, and now he had the chance to ask about his art, and how they were going to proceed.

"If you don't mind me asking another question or several... how did you find my art? Did you look through my folder? Do you think I can do something with it? Or should I simply practice? I am going to attend the university this summer, so I'll have the chance to develop with guidance then, but it would be nice to know what you think."

"Firstly, I'll tell you what I've told many, and that's to never stop practicing. Even some of the greatest artists knew there was always room for improvement," Daniel took a draw from his glass, assuring himself of that fact with a good tasting of his cocktail. "As for your works..." He paused instinctively. For most, their expressions and body language were very telling with these sort of hesitations. Of course Sirius wasn't like most and he wondered why he expected a noticeable reading. Old habits, he supposed. "If you'll permit, there's a few I'd like to show around. There's an art gala coming up. Well, gala might be too fanciful a word for it, but it's an opportunity to put yourself out there. More accurately, for me to put you out there."

"Sounds great," Sirius said. "And if I were to stop practising, I would have to stop being an artist," he continued, finishing his drink. With a rare, genuine smile, he looked at the other. He wasn't feeling the happiness, but he still liked what he heard, and he was thankful. Perhaps, at some point, he could borrow someone's happiness so that he could linger on it.

"Thank you. Really. I'm happy you think there's potential in me, and that you'd take time out of your day to talk to me. I don't..." He heard his own voice and stopped, he hated the way he sounded when he was supposed to be pleased. It was friendlier, but it lacked so much. "Well, my tone doesn't really sound that happy, but I am very thankful."

Part of him wondered if he should ask if the other could link to him just so that he'd be able to be actually happy about it, but that'd be rude, right?

"Which of the paintings were you thinking of displaying?"

"Not to worry, Mr. Hamilton, the sincerity of your sentiment is not lost on me," Daniel said assuredly, placing an open hand over his heart. "And on the subject of your paintings, I'm glad you asked. I've taken the liberty of making a 'mock-up' show floor, just to see how everything would sit. If you'd please," Daniel stood tall with drink in hand, "follow me."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Tom

[Sure, why not, any place you have in mind case some trigger happy more on shows up?]

[The park maybe? If you'd prefer someplace more quiet then I guess one of our apartments could work]

As he pressed send Tom wondered if perhaps he should tell Rias about his heroic identity, knowing that there was someone else with powers who wanted to help her might cheer her up or something. Then again she didn't seem to care for heroes all that much... I probably shouldn't, it's called a secret identity for a reason, right?

He sighed, why did things have to be so difficult now? This wasn't what he wanted heroics to be like, but a hero didn't give up and neither would he. He wondered if perhaps he could aim for a larger publication for this story than his college's paper, it was important after all.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tess

Tess received Sirius' reply and began making her way towards his address. He took a little long to respond, what if it's a trap? She shook the thought off, If it was then she'd deal with it, she didn't think anyone knew she knew Sirius, or that he knew about her identity. I'm stretching myself thin, getting paranoid.

But that was good wasn't it? In her situation paranoia might be the only thing to keep her safe, still though she was feeling stretched her mind inhabiting so many different objects leaving her feeling twitchy and frazzled. She needed sleep, and for that she'd need someplace where she could relax her control a bit.

She found the place without much issue, let herself in and began to look around sweeping the place for... what she couldn't say. Threats of some sort. Instead she found art, paintings and such. Interesting, he's not bad. On the whole the place was far nicer than she'd expected and so far nothing seemed to be a trap. Some rest, I should get some rest. She found a couch and collapsed on it, letting the pieces of her mind drift back to her as she sank into a restless sleep.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Karen

"Of course you aren't, that would imply you had something better, and not dickish to do." Karen replied diving down,
forming a sword and slashing at hims palm. The look on her face very clearly 'I don't have time for time for this'.
"Look, I know your a' big scary villain' and that, but seriously, knock it off. Go home, get a beer, get laid go do something else. I have more important shit to do." she said, pointing the energy blade at him "Besides, shouldn't you be more concerned with this new Hero Organization. not even 2 days old yet and they're already in damage control mode, not to mention the smear campaign against that girl, if you had any brains at all you'd be laying low and seeing if moving on or staying would be in your best interests or not." she added, sounding less like she was truly interested in fighting or even bringing him in, and more like she was trying to keep him out of harms way for the time being. An odd sentiment, and spoke volumes about how much she trusted this new 'Hero Organization'

Rias

[The park maybe? If you'd prefer someplace more quiet then I guess one of our apartments could work]

[A park would probably be best, if for no other reason then in case something happens, don't wanna have all our cool stuff destroyed now do we?] Rias replied, and they sent him a location. It was park that wasn't really frequented much this time of day, which was good, since she really didn't want to get any one else caught in the cross fire if something did happen. Besides that, it's a place she liked to go to think some times.

With the message and location sent, she took off to go wait for Tom, flying to the park due to it just being over all safer, especially with every one else in town that can fly.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
The Crick

The Crick strode into the building rather confidently, trying to downplay the anxiousness in his body. He could hear the Spectre invisibly moving along side him. He was gonna keep things simple, arrange a simple meeting with Ms. Fukao. If not force his way in. And...well from there it all depended on how honest she wanted to be. If she denied Rias's accusations, he'd play along with her for as long as need be while The Spectre looked around. If she admitted to it all...well, after that, anything could happen. He spotted the receptionist.

"Hello, I'm here to report to Ms.Fukao."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010

Specter
=Frederick Rolls

"Uh, wow, okay well glad to hear we got his go ahead...and hey, I figured that with your recent 'existential crisis' I'd have to tell you that."

"I'll pretend to ignore that tone, but I'll really hold it against you and haunt you," the Specter replied, turning upside down, though he quickly made himself invisible when someone passed by. He decided to stay like that, else it would just be him, blinking in and out of sight, and that was, quite frankly, a little too ridiculous, even for him.

"Though I did hit Psyclone really hard. He's alive by the way...kinda messed up but alive...anyway, as for Ms.Fukao, I'm not sure I can just go in there and arrest her. I mean, given the evidence I probably could take her into custody but...I wanna understand first. Psyclone, the bombs, the publicity, Coil. I'm gonna arrest her but I need to understand first, from her mouth. Even if it is nuts."

"He's alive?" He tried to hide his annoyance at the fact, and sighed instead.

Why do I feel like slapping Crick? Oh right, I possessed a guy for him to spare him.

It was kind of unfair, just because he was less opposed to ending someone's life, he couldn't force Crick to do anything. Besides, for all his big talk, Specter had not yet killed anyone.

"I see. And there would be plenty of time to understand once she's arrested, Crick. That's the thing with arresting people, they get to defend themselves. And, if there is a real purpose behind her actions, then surely she will be sharing everything. If she truly believes it will save the world, that is."

"I'm gonna go have a meeting with her, at her conference all heroes were ordered to address themselves to her anyway. I'm gonna listen to her and then I'm gonna arrest her and get her booked. That's what Loveless wanted and I'm not sure if this is worth anything to you, but that's what Frederick Rolls would have wanted too."

"It's not, actually," the Specter replied, looking towards where they were headed. "Not anymore. I realized something, and... let's just say that I may have retired Frederick a little too early. It's not fair of me to say he's not alive just because I feel a little different. It's sort of insulting to the people who care about me too. I am Frederick Rolls, but I'm also the Specter. I am someone who has died, yet this is my body. But... once I've been a prosecutor for one last time, against Mina Fukao, I will retire as both a prosecutor and a judge. And a hero. I don't think I understand the purpose of justice anymore, and I'm tired. It's brought me nothing but trouble and pain, and I have people I care about, that I need to protect."

With that he became quiet as they had entered Mina's building. He would leave it to the Crick to deal with the talking, instead keeping his eyes open for anything that could be an issue.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Tim Merridy

"Of course you aren't, that would imply you had something better, and not dickish to do." Karen replied diving down,
forming a sword and slashing at hims palm. The look on her face very clearly 'I don't have time for time for this'.
"Look, I know your a' big scary villain' and that, but seriously, knock it off. Go home, get a beer, get laid go do something else. I have more important shit to do."

"Then leave," Lord Magnificent said maliciously, grinning underneath the armor. He put his claws against her blade. "I've told you, feel free to leave, I have a purpose behind this, and I don't care if you want me to go home."

"Besides, shouldn't you be more concerned with this new Hero Organization. not even 2 days old yet and they're already in damage control mode, not to mention the smear campaign against that girl, if you had any brains at all you'd be laying low and seeing if moving on or staying would be in your best interests or not."

Tim stopped for a bit, stunned. Had she really not noticed? He made his claws longer using mass from the armor around his arms, wrapping them around a nearby car, scaring the poor fellow who had decided to take their car with them as they escaped. However, he quickly looked back at the knight.

She really has no clue, heh.

Then, he laughed, loudly, mocking the hero. "Don't... don't tell me you're serious right now! Oh god, that's precious, that's really... OF COURSE I AM CONCERNED WITH THE HERO ORGANIZATION!" He shouted from the top of his lungs, as if she was too dense to get it even when he told her outright. "What, you thought I was just standing still, fucking with people because it's fun?! Well, sure it is, but I am Lord Magnificent, were there not a purpose behind this, then I would have gone around spreading the chaos!" This was just too much, and he stepped further into the role. "Oh, my dear horned heroine, I am not dense, nor a moron. Laying low? What's the point of that, when I can try to go for the very core?! But, sigh, what's the point of explaining it to you... when I can just show you instead! I hope you can "grasp" it!"

Letting the poor fool in the car be -ending his torment of the man-, he instead stepped backwards a bit, before lunging at the hero in front of him, claws grasping at her, sharpened to the extent he could sharpen them. Laughing as he did, he wondered if she had really understood his purpose. Nonetheless, this was getting fun, and, though Tom would disapprove, he wasn't there right now.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Tom

Tom hurried to the park, trying to think up good interview questions along the way. The more he thought about it the worse he felt, things were in such chaos now that just about any question was bound to be unpleasant. What are your thoughts about hero registration? Why do you think that your powers don't bring any additional responsibility? No, no that second one sounds too accusatory... I need the questions to be fair, not accusing not too easy, this has to be a perspective people want to read.

He arrived and found her waiting for him, he smiled and walked over.

"Hey," he said, his smile only a little forced "been a rough time lately huh?"

He took a deep breath and produced a notepad and pen "So, uh," he hesitated for a moment then began "Is there anything you want to say before I get into the questions? You've, uh, come under a bit of fire lately with regards to the hero registration initiative."

He glanced down at the few other questions he had managed to commit to paper. 'Do you think having special powers comes with special responsibilities, and if not should it?' (followed by a note that perhaps that sounded too spider-man-ish), and 'What would you want to say to Ms. Fukao given the opportunity?'

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias

"A part from the fact I found it silly that they 'aren't going to allow me to join them'? I found that odd since I'm on record as saying I not gonna do the Super Hero or Super Villain thing. Not quiet sure why they'd added that before bullshitting up a murder charge, but given they're buying the bullshit Mina is selling, calling them stupid seems redundant." She said with a tired shrug with the six crystals that where in actually the six knights she made earlier, just compressed down for now, hovering around her. Rias over all looked a little tired, but no where near as ragged out as the edited news cast made her out to be, and that wasn't even that long ago.

Karen

Karen rolled around Lord Magnificence's charge, connecting with her energy sword, starting about the knee and going up his side and clearing him around the shoulder, and surprisingly, didn't do all that much damage, especially compared to the first time she encountered him.

Seeing this highly unfavorable disadvantage she quickly backed off, landing on top a near by car, and just looked at him a moment, mostly processing everything he'd said. "Well, aren't you a weird one" she said putting the tip of her energy blade to the palm of her free hand and then 'pushing it into her hand' as a fancier means of dispelling the blade then the usual method of 'pffing it away'. Her tone denoting 'she got it',while at the same time finding it really odd a villain would do something like this, so the look she was giving him was some what quizzical. Like she wanted to ask why he would even bother, but at the same time not wanted to 'blow his cover' if he was really being serious about it.

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
Mina

"Ms. Fukao; The Crick is here. He'd like to speak with you." her secretary said, drawing Mina from her busy schedule. Putting down her half-finished cup of coffee, Mina smiles and replied. "Please. Send him up." He was no doubt here to speak with her regarding her new organization. With everything that was going on, she didn't quite believe The Crick would elect to join the organization... yet. He'd see the importance of it soon enough. He'd see why it's needed.

Still, Mina - ever paranoid - prepared in case The Crick got any questionable ideas in his head. The hard part - putting on her technological anti-hero suit - was already done and she had plenty of weapons. Picking up the phone, she called the head of her security. "Mr. Thomas. Please have everyone on high alert; The Crick is here and he's no idiot. I want every camera watched and every gun loaded. If anything is out of place, deal with it or call me on Line 7."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Tim Merridy

He instinctively protected himself as the magical sword went through him, but it didn't do much, only sting a little. For a brief moment, Tim was surprised, but then he remembered what kind of sword it was.

It must be my intentions. I'm apparently a good guy right now, according to her odd ideals. Regardless of if she knows it herself.

He didn't intend on staying a good guy for long, but right now he was helping Tom out, so he could take such an insult to his person without getting upset. Very upset, at least.

"Well, aren't you a weird one"

"Hm? Sorry, were you trying to do something?" he asked, amused. She had to have figured it out now, her expression seemed to indicate as much, but teasing her was still fun. Especially as he heard the sirens approaching.

Finally. I swear, I've not even moved. If this is what they want to defend the city with, they'll have to try harder.

Glancing over at Unicorn, he decided to offer her a courtesy for playing along with him. "So, do you want to stay here and get in trouble for being a hero, or will you leave?!" he asked, chuckling, preparing for the police by making his body larger, padding his armor. Just in case they tried to shoot him with something.

Who knows what they've been told to do about us.

"I'm fine with you leaving now, after all, trying to stop me makes you a fellow criminal, under these messed up as fuck rules. And I don't mind other villains that much. So, what do you say? Want to join me on this adventure? Or did you have a girl you needed to save?"

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
The Crick

The Crick walked into the elevator and waited. The secretary stood there, facing the door. He hoped the Specter was keeping an eye out, because he couldn't really make out anything immediate distressing with his hearing. Some heavy boots moving, some miscallaneous clicks, but given what this place was and who owned it , it was probably just Miss Fukao's version of "average security detail". At least, he hoped so. The elevator finally reached their destination. The secretary stepped out first, standing off to the side. The Crick calmly strode out, and bowed his head slightly.

"Good afternoon, Miss Fukao. Hope I'm not intruding, I've come to discuss the possibility of working for your organization and well...get to know the woman behind it all, a bit better."

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
"Good afternoon, Miss Fukao. Hope I'm not intruding, I've come to discuss the possibility of working for your organization and well...get to know the woman behind it all, a bit better."

Mina returned The Crick's bow and welcomed him inside. "Please have a seat. Do not worry about the intrusion; I've been expecting heroes to arrive with questions. It has of course been a trying time for all of us. And of course I'll be happy to welcome you to the organization; perhaps a tour of the facility while we talk?" Mina offered. the Hero Organization building had many an interesting place for future heroes.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
"Please have a seat. Do not worry about the intrusion; I've been expecting heroes to arrive with questions. It has of course been a trying time for all of us. And of course I'll be happy to welcome you to the organization; perhaps a tour of the facility while we talk?"

"Thank you, that'd be nice. I am very curious about your facility and resources. But really I sorta want to...well, understand why? I mean, I'm no business professional, but I'm not sure how much money you can make this endeavor. Good for publicity sure, but unless you start putting people's faces on lunchboxes, I'm not sure why someone as wealthy as you would do this. Pardon me if this comes off as rude or patronizing, it's not my intent at all, I'm just genuinely interested."

The Crick was genuinely interested in her reasoning. He had heard what Specter was told by Loveless's spirit about Ms.Fukao's supposed mental state and intent, but he had to hear it from her. Get an actual feel for her. And figure out who or what they were really dealing with. He'd be nice for now, gracious even, but this women was who he thought she-the benefactor of all the pain this city had been through in the past few months-she'd pay.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Tom

"A part from the fact I found it silly that they 'aren't going to allow me to join them'? I found that odd since I'm on record as saying I not gonna do the Super Hero or Super Villain thing. Not quite sure why they'd added that before bullshitting up a murder charge, but given they're buying the bullshit Mina is selling, calling them stupid seems redundant."

"Ah yes the murder charge," Tom said, he was somewhat hesitant to bring up the topic himself but since she had he supposed he should give voice to the question.

"Do you have anything you'd like to say about that, about what happened?" he said "I know you've already made statements but I just want to be sure I have your account in writing for my readers."

He'd wanted to say 'the correct account' and indeed he refused to believe that she was a murderer, but he knew as a journalist he had to remain impartial. At least they were supposed to be, he knew that this was the exception rather than the rule.

"If you feel you've said enough on that already then I would instead like to ask you what you would like to say to Ms. Fukao given the opportunity?" he said.

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
"Thank you, that'd be nice. I am very curious about your facility and resources. But really I sorta want to...well, understand why? I mean, I'm no business professional, but I'm not sure how much money you can make this endeavor. Good for publicity sure, but unless you start putting people's faces on lunchboxes, I'm not sure why someone as wealthy as you would do this. Pardon me if this comes off as rude or patronizing, it's not my intent at all, I'm just genuinely interested."

"Don't worry; I understand the distrust." Mina said with a smile before shaking her head. "And no. No lunchboxes; at least not from me." she said as she closed the document in her hands. "This venture isn't expected to make much money at all. Most of the money will be made by government funding for basic services and by private insurance policies. Fortunately most of the expenditures will be going to other holdings of mine; such as the ones that make the new police equipment." she explained casually. It was also truthful; at least to an extent. With so much money moving through the hero organization and into her other holdings, she'd be making a tidy profit there. That said, money wasn't the point. Money she had in spades; converting it to power though... that was much harder.

"I'm sure you've done your research on my past, so you know I started my business after my hero days were long over. The initial funding for my business came from the one who first gave me my powers; from a wish given to me for my hard work. I wanted to use that money to do more good; to be a hero again. I've been working to build a new team - like the one I had when I was an active hero; one with the resources to do all the good we never could. An organized, effective crime fighting system supporting the police, accountable to the people, protected from the risks of injury and death that also protects the people from the catastrophic damage superhuman battles can deal. One that has the best minds working to give the heroes all the advantages they need and one that encourages those superhumans at the edge of villainy to make the difficult decision of becoming a hero rather than the easy one to resort to theft and murder." Mina said; all of it true.

All the while, she was taking him to the upper floors of the new hero organization. Well, them really. It wasn't hard to notice the Specter peaking at her books over her shoulder. She had more experience than most where the undead were concerned. When they reached the top of the tower, Mina closed the book. "You can continue reading it later if you like Specter." Mina said, unconcerned. She wasn't so stupid as to leave anything illegal around at the headquarters of the hero organization after all

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Specter=Frederick

"Don't worry; I understand the distrust. And no. No lunchboxes; at least not from me." she said as she closed the document in her hands. "This venture isn't expected to make much money at all. Most of the money will be made by government funding for basic services and by private insurance policies. Fortunately most of the expenditures will be going to other holdings of mine; such as the ones that make the new police equipment."

Of course not, because you're crazy and want control and power. And you murdered Theodore.

He started trying to read the book she had, ignoring what she had to say further as he scanned it for useful information. None was to be found, at least not in the timespan he had before she addressed him directly.

"You can continue reading it later if you like Specter."

That startled him, and the Specter had to keep himself from changing up the plans and launching at her in that moment. He hadn't revealed himself, had he?

I know my control while in human "form" is wonky, but I know I didn't do that. I'm not that careless.

However, that begged a different question. Was she guessing? Or could she actually see him? Was this part of her being a former superhero? Or a bluff, perhaps, to force him to reveal himself?

Whichever it is, I'm not going to let her win. Even if she can see me.

Without a word, he simply flew behind the Crick, glaring at Mina from where he was. That way he could protect the youth easier if anything happened, like, for instance, Mina revealing her true colors and trying to murder the poor kid.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Rias

"Like I said when I crashed that field report; Theodore sent me that email, and I went looking for him, but didn't find him, or any trace of him." Rias said as she pulled out her phone to show Tom a few of the pictures she'd taken, then some of the data Theo sent her "Though given how long it took to down load the 10 gig message, then find the right program on line to even read it, I guess they'd have had more then enough time to do the clean up."

As she spoke this this confused look of 'why did I even go there in the first place' crossed her face. "Though to be honest, I donno what even possessed me to go to the factory, it was really out of character for me." she added, vocalizing her thoughts.

Karen

Karen was about to answer back, but didn't as a couple officers called out to them, from behind they're cars, positioned in that typical way they do when they use their cars as cover. The Message was clear both of them where to stand down, surrender, and come quietly 'or else', with the threat being implied by the tone of the officer with the megaphone.

Karen just sighed a slightly annoyed sigh "Save the world more then a dozen times from eldritch nightmare fuel that makes Lovecraft look like Dr Seuss before I was old enough to drive and this is how I'm re-payed, no respect.at.all." She mused, the shrugged, then turned to Lord Magnificent. "I think" she started, intentionally pausing "I will be 'resisting arrest' by leaving, I still have to find the girl that supposedly has the evidence need to burn this whole 'Hero Registration' thing to the ground." she said before lifting off, and flying away in the direction she was heading before she'd stopped to 'stop a villain'.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
The Crick

The Crick listened to her explain her reasoning. It made sense, in the long run. Hell, it was essentially what the Crick had wanted to start...minus the funding. It sounded like a good thing. But the things she'd done, hiring Psyclone, killing Loveless...but he didn't want to act until he knew Karen had her located and safe. If there was anyone The Crick REALLY trusted to that, it was the magical winged butt kicking friend of her family and now colleague.

Magic...that's right. The Crick HAD done his research. At least what was public. Ran with a crew internationally travelling the globe against enemy spirits, busy, busy-

"You can continue reading it later if you like Specter."

The Crick stopped for a moment, taken aback.

Fucking magic... The Crick thought. He quickly shook it off and looked around, feigning confusion as The Spector silently drifted behind him.

"Uhm, pardon? What was that about The Spector? I haven't really heard from him since...well, you know. The incident against The Butcher..." He said quickly, trying to move on.

The Crick wasn't sure how to keep this going. Assuming Miss Fukao was as dastardly and smart as The Crick thought she was, she had either already gotten Rias off the streets or was leaving her alone to ignore suspicion. Regardless, the information was out there and he had no doubt Miss Fukao was planning to do something about it. He also had no doubt Miss Fukao had a very close eye on him and the building right now. The Crick was stuck in here with Miss Fukao, while whatever forces at her disposal were moving, he was stuck with here. They might as well be fighting right now.

wait a second

"Miss Fukao, after what's occurred over the past month I think we do need a new team and training for handling all threats...and one of those threats is 'magic' or 'demons' or other things of that nature. I'm particularly not prepared to handle it, maybe I'd be fine in research and prep but fighting it? I've never had to fight any 'rogue magicians' that's for sure! So I was wondering if I could make a slightly...unorthodox request? You can still use your powers, correct? I was wondering if perhaps you'd like to, you know go, a few round? I think I noticed something mentioning a gym facility while we were walking? A sparring area of some kinda? Sorry if this is a bit too forward but hey, I see nothing wrong with some friendly sparring." The Crick said, taking a chance on a thought that was forming. He then thought harder for a second before speaking again.

"Well, unless you're afraid. No offense but older heroes tend to, well frankly, 'lose their touch' after awhile. I get it if you aren't up to it, really I do."

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
[HEADING=3]Dr. Schwertner[/HEADING]

"Doctor, we're finishing up calibrations. The device is ready when you are," said the youngest technician. The doctor looked up from his journal at the redheaded woman.

Vinzenz looked over to the device - a set of three concentric rings, all made to rotate on alternating axes and contained in a thick circular frame. Each of the rings were flat on all sides but the inner faces were comprised of raised segments holding either a lens or a port. The device itself was contained in a glass-walled, hermetically-sealed chamber. Five yards from one of the chamber walls was a wide control console with a row of desk chairs, all three of which were occupied.

The doctor snapped his journal shut, rose to his feet, and slipped the leatherbound book into his pocket. He gave the engineer a nod and she made for the computer terminal. Vinzenz followed. The technician in the middle rose from his chair once he noticed the pair approaching and made way for the doctor to be seated. Vinzenz accepted the open seat.

"Chamber is completely sealed, maintaining a positive pressure of ten atmospheres with no fluctuation," said the technician to the doctor's right. "Device lenses and ports are clear, swept the ionizer through twice. Should be minimal interference, if any."

"Good, voll gut," the Doctor said succinctly. "Miss Darby, dim see lights, please. Mister Harmon, give us a qvick manual test of see radiation shielding." With a couple of 'Yes, Doctor's the red-haired technician went over to the light panel and the technician to Vinzenz's left flipped a switch. With a turn of a knob, the glass walls in the middle of the room faded to black and just as steadily became clear once more.

"It should keep up with most changes but I'd like to keep it in adaptive mode so we can still make minor adjustments," affirmed Harmon.

"Very vell," Vinzenz said before looking over to Darby and giving her affirmative nod. The overheads dimmed leaving only a few floor lights surrounding the chamber to light the room. "Whenever you are ready, Miss Kelly, initiate first phase."

"Initiating phase one," Announced the technician to his right. A toggle was flipped and the center ring of the device began to rotate.

"Initiate phase two," said the Doctor. The order was repeated and soon the second ring was rotating. "Phase sree." And so followed the outer-most ring. They watched as the gyro-like device slowly rotated. "Increase speed to forty percent." A hum came from beneath the floor panels as the power began to flow toward the device with real intensity. The speed of the rings climbed and climbed until they matched the set level.

"The device is holding steady, the emitter pathways are ideal for optimal projection," said Harmon, the technician to Schwertner's left. He was watching a screen that displayed where the rings' ports were crossing over the lenses.

"All right. Activate see particle emitters," the Doctor ordered, and it was done. There was suddenly a dull glow to the air surrounding the device.

"No interference detected between the particle beams," Harmon reported. "Pattern is maintaining."

"Increase speed und emitter freqvency ten percent." Vinzenz's eyes never left the chamber, though the technicians at his side divided their attention between the device and their monitors. There were brief flashes of energy emanating from the center of the device. The flashes came at steady intervals. "Increase anosser ten percent."

The flashes grew in intensity and rapidity - the energy flickered like a bad light bulb. "We've reached optimal emitter frequency for genesis," Harmon proclaimed.

"Increase emitter intensity to..." there was a brief pause as Vinzenz scratched his neck in thought. "Sixty-five percent. Sen steadily increase by five percent until genesis."

"Beam intensity maintaining at sixty-five percent," Harmon reported. The young technician began to turn the control dial, reading off the numbers as they went. "Beam intensity at seventy percent. Seventy-five percent." The energy at the device's center flashed more and more quickly. Then the floor lights surrounding the chamber flickered off. "Eighty percent." The flashes started to hold for much longer, the brightness forcing the glass to darken with each burst of light.

Vinzenz rose from his seat, looking forward unblinkingly. He planted his palms on the console and leaned forward. His anticipation was almost palpable. The technicians behind him shifted their weight back and forth between their feet. The room was tense.

"Eighty-five percent," continued Harmon. "Ninety per-"

There was a great flash in the chamber, it would have blinded if not for the reactive glass. There was an audible gasp from one of the technicians. Inside the chamber, at the center of the device, was a sphere of plasmified hydrogen. Outside the chamber, the room was aglow?the light filtered green through the tinted glass. "Congratulations, Doctor," Harmon chimed. "You have a Sun."

Vinzenz's gaze wandered for a moment. Once he figured out the play on words, he only offered a smirk. "Yes, sank you. Now let us proceed. Initiate collapse seqvence."

"Initiating," Kelly announced. The small star's size rose and fell, expanding and contracting. Finally it collapsed. It shrunk to an infinitesimal speck before another flash of light burst outward, even more impressive than the last. The filtered light went from green to a bright white. The glass had darkened considerably to compensate. In the center of the device was a black hole. A ring of light surrounded the lightless body, the only source of light from within the chamber. Until a speck of light appeared from the center of the black hole.

"Looks like it's flaring up," Kelly remarked.

"Yeah. Wait, no, that's..." there was hesitation from Harmon as he looked back and forth, from the chamber to his monitors. The fleck of light expanded, forming another corona within the black hole. "That's not a flare. It's forming a second event horizon."

"Increase speed und emitter freqvency to maximum," Vinzenz ordered. The rings of the gyro were rotating as fast as they could. Another flash of the light and the glass nearly went pitch black before fading to reveal the event horizons had given way, unveiling a single infinitesimal speck of light.

"Bloody hell," the technician behind Vinzenz exclaimed. He ran his hand across his hairless head in disbelief. "I don't believe what I'm seeing. Is that what I think it is?"

"You better believe it, Nelson," affirmed Bradford, the other senior technician. "A singularity in its barest form. No event horizon."

"Gentlemen, sis is only see first step," Vinzenz asserted, eyes locked on the infinitely dense point. "Ve must see if it is stable. Terminate rotation phases in seqvence."

"Terminating phase one," indicated Kelly. The device's outer ring slowed to a halt, coming to rest in the position it started.

"Singularity is maintaining," Harmon reported.

"Terminating phase two." The second ring decelerated and stopped. "Terminating phase three." The center ring reduced speed to a standstill, falling in line with the others.

"Still maintaining stability," said Harmon, bringing up a stopwatch with a keystroke. "Timing started."

Vinzenz only nodded.

"Five seconds."

Vinzenz balled his fists and rested on his knuckles.

"Nine seconds. Minor fluctuations."

The doctor's knuckles flushed white.

"Thirteen seconds. Losing stability."

Vinzenz's nails bit into his palms. He held his breath.

"Eighteen seconds, stability decaying rapidly." Soon the singularity flashed a final time before completely disappearing. "Singularity sustained for...twenty-three point two eight seconds."

Vinzenz released a heavy sigh of relief. Three seconds beyond what was needed. There was now true potential in this configuration of his device. The others were shaking hands and patting each other on the back. No doubt they would appreciate even further celebration. The doctor had to admit, he was very elated himself. Perhaps just for today they could take time to enjoy their success.