The Super Hero RP Deluxe! (Closed, Started)

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Tim Merridy

Tim spent a while on the net, reading about Lord Magnificent. Though this Slender Girl had managed to give him a not too preferable reputation among some of the forums, most seemed to be impressed. One forum in particular was interesting, theorizing about why him and that "Sir Awful" had such similar powers, though he stopped reading at the "part of the same experiment" when his phone buzzed.

"Lol, hanging out with both of you sounds good, just let me know when and where!"

Hah,Tom, so naive. Should just take the chance when you've got it.

Tim was almost tempted to do so himself, though, he wasn't there to find a relationship. Besides, if he was going to do something like that, a fellow villain would be the best, someone he didn't have to hide his identity for. That made someone like Rias impossible, if his villainy some day was uncovered, he'd rather not get ditched and sent to jail. Besides, he'd just met Rias, and she seemed like a cool enough girl to hang out with regardless. Not long after, her message came through.

"I got a phone call, so I have a thing now later, but it's not till 6:30 so any time is good for me."

He was curious about what that thing was, but also a bit annoyed that he had to come up with the plans now. Both seemed to be available, like, whenever, so he figured he had to find a time and place. Because of convenience -though, also because he didn't know the town too well, and because he wanted to shower first- he wrote down the address of the hotel he lived in, and added;

"Meet me here in an hour, okay? If that's inconvenient, lemme know, though you're gonna have to call me and explain the way when I eventually get lost in that case :p"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sirius Hamilton

"Aw, well thank you. I guess I'll go with that, then."

"Good, just relax, then, I'd love for you to keep smiling, though you don't have to force yourself if it gets tiring. I'm almost ready now." He finished setting up the canvas, and preparing the tools. Choosing one of the softer pencils, he started sketching, the soft scratching on the canvas indicating that he was already working. For a while, he kept quiet, starting on her outlines, her upper body and her head. When he started on her eyes, he stopped for a moment, looking at her.

"Could you look directly at me for a moment?" he asked. "I want to make sure I get the details right." He hadn't used a lot of time, though the silence was probably more awkward for her than it was for him. "Also, do you have plans today?" Sirius figured that was an acceptable conversation topic, though, perhaps it was worded a bit odd.

"I mean. Anything you're looking forward? Isn't the festival starting soon?"

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
[HEADING=3]Dr. Schwertner[/HEADING]

"Hallo Doctor. Wie gehts?"

At the sound of the man's voice, Vinzenz snapped his journal shut and pocketed it. He turned and smiled politely as he could in his current state. The dictionary passed hands and Vinzenz nodded in thanks.

"Explain to me all of this. Tell me why I should help you."

The warehouse had quieted. The hum of the generator was more pronounced than it was moments ago. There were the intermittent sounds of leather shoes shuffling across the concrete and the swift turning of pages. Approaching the point of becoming discomforting, the near-silence persisted still. More pages turned. The doctor sighed contemptuously. His gaze drifted towards the ceiling though he wasn't looking at anything in particular, just whispering words to himself to see how they sounded. Another frustrated huff. He paced a full lap around the machine and started on another. Then he stopped. He turned to Alex and swiftly approached him. "Vat if I told you sat sis is not see only dimension? Sat separate dimensions exist und vee can look into sem? Sat not only can vee look into sem, but vee can connect sem?"

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
Mina

As Mina approached the door, it opened automatically. Inside was a large foyer / lobby. One of the people working the front desk acknowledged their presence (and Mina's identity) and buzzed them through to the elevator. Tess followed along close behind, her gaze wandering over the surroundings before entering the elevator. As soon as the elevator door closed, Mina began to speak, even as she pressed the button to descend. From there, they crossed a catwalk overlooking a large R&D lab filled with an astounding assortment of weapons, armors, and and other gear; all being worked on or tested. At the end of the catwalk was a door to a small lab; which they entered.

As the pair made their way over this distance, they spoke of many things; specifically related to Mina's plan and what she needed from Ms. Coil

"... and that-" Mina said, opening the door at the end to reveal a small lab. "is where you come in. I plan to make a great hero out of you; just so you can turn on this city when they need you most."

Tess raised an eyebrow curiously at this, it was an odd plan certainly but the idea of fooling everyone in the city on such a level was both intriguing and exciting to her, not to mention the array of fun little toys Mina clearly had on hand.

"Interesting, provided the pay is good you can count me in."

"Ms. Coil, If I haven't made it clear by now that money is a non-issue by now, I'm not sure that I can." Mina said, smirking.

"Just want to be sure," Tess replied "So how do you plan to go about making me a hero? I suppose I'll need a new identity for that, can't really see people buying a change of face from Domino after the whole 'beats children' episode."

"True, and that's exactly what we're gonna do here. Now, I already have a few inklings about your powers from the news reports and my associate, but I'd like to hear first hand what your powers do so that we can effectively disguise them."

Tess hesitated for a moment, she hated revealing what she could actually do it was far more enjoyable to keep surprises in store. But then effectively hiding her powers would be key for this. "I can make things do what I want, strengthen them and enhance their ability to do what they're meant to do," she said, leaving off that she imbued the objects with some degree of life or intelligence "For instance I can turn clothing into power armor, sort of."

"Okay... I may have a few ideas." Mina said with a smile.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Karen

Karen helped Tony to a near by bench after the hug broke. "So what happen? Why are you walking with a cane?" Tony sighed as Annabelle sat next to him. Tony explain how Dr Mechano had kidnapped Annabell's mother Heather as to lure him into a trap. Dr Mechano had apparently discovered Tony's weakness and planned to and did exploit it. He went on to explain how the battle had left him drained and subsequently depowered, and his walking difficultly was the result of a back injury he sustained from one of Mechano's minions. Annabelle cut in there and continued, stating that after the dust had settled and Mechano had been defeated, Tony discovered Mechano had killed Heather some time before he had arrived.

Heater being dead visibly bothered Karen due to the two of them had been rather good friends so for Karen it was just more bad news. Tony then turned the tables on Karen, asking her what had happened and where she had been. Karen told the two of them about the Circle of Thorns remnant, the demon he had summoned and the long, bloody, brutal battle she then told of Jeduh and the Ninahalian and their realm, and that she had been depowered by the end of her battle as well, showing them her broken pendant.She then went into how Jeduh had saved her, even taking her tiara off to she the horn was actually attached but that she didn't actually get new powers till some time later. When Annabelle asked why she didn't return right away, Karen admitted she didn't really plan to, she didn't have any powers anymore, and with out the Ninahalian crystals or some one with a crystal to guide her back to earth theres no telling where she would have landed, she then reminded Annabelle just how much of her life she'd been fighting evil.

Tony asked what Karen's plans where now, and she told then she was gonna 'get back in the game', she had powers again, different from last time though, but that she needed to find a place to stay and find a job or something for cover basic living expenses, Tony nodded and invited Karen to stay with them. Karen naturally declined at first, but Annabelle countered that with several points Karen couldn't really swat away so easily, and accepted the offer.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Terry

As Terry excused himself from the building onto the street, he held a gray hexagonal plate in his hand. It was only slightly smaller than a stop sign and consisted of an arrangement of smaller meshing triangularly plates. He quickly wired the trigger device to the plate. Terry aimed it at his hand and activated it while he walked down an alley towards and old payphone. Sure enough, after a few seconds, Terry felt a sharp hot tingly sensation and pulled away quickly.

GAH, those military sites really understated the sensation of this thing. Terry thought to himself. Then again, I did just use it a few inches away from my hand...

He tested it at different ranges. The feeling didn't diminish much. He was gonna need a better test turn later, but it seemed he'd built a smaller version of the active denial system. A non-lethal microwave emitter for riot control, light weight, easily collapsible for his suit. It would probably need some remodeling along the way. At this size, it seemed like it could only work on one or two people within its range and even then only within a very small area of their body. But at least it worked.

Terry quickly stuffed it into his duffel bag along with his suit as he made his way to to the payphone. It was slightly behind a dumpster, mostly covering him from the rest of the street. Slipping his helmet over his head, he began putting in the number.

Terry finally decided. He was gonna arrange a meeting with Loveless and explain the situation to him. Honestly, Terry didn't know what he'd be doing in a few years as The Crick or if he'd leave something positive behind for the city. Maybe this could be it. Just maybe.

Terry spoke into the phone, his helmet giving him his usual "Crick" sounding voice.

"Loveless?"

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
Alex

"Sat not only can vee look into sem, but vee can connect sem?"

If Alex didn't have super powers then he would have considered the man insane. He still remembered that faithful night and the pain of being ripped apart molecule by molecule only to be rearranged back. The look on the faces of the confused hitmen made sweetened the memory a little bit.

"And what good can come from that?" Alex said, skeptical of the results or rather questioning the good of it that can come from it. He wasn't exactly a scientist but Alex had a feeling that opening dimensions willy-nilly could lead to some bad outcomes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blood Diamon

Stefan paid the driver in a stack of hundreds, much to his initial confusion but once the driver realized it was all real, he was more than willing to keep quiet. Money had an odd effect on people, Stefan observed and he included himself as well.

He entered the homeless shelter and approached the first vagrant he saw with an odd proposition. In exchange for $300, they were to switch their clothes. Stefan didn't have his full gear on at the time but just a long-sleeve shirt and some jeans of course it was flecked with spots of blood but the homeless man certainly didn't mind.

As he left the room however, the bag that he had been carrying around finally yielded to the amount of money that he had stolen from the armored car. With a slight tear, a few stacks of the money fell from his duffel bag before he could catch the rest. Chaos ensued.

The homeless scrambled to the stacks like dogs to a bone as Stefan tried his best not to slice his way out. Still, he pushed and shove through the mass of people to outside of shelter. Taking time to catch his breath did he realize that he smelled considerably less but nonetheless still had a stench to him. His plan of walking in an losing his literal scent partly succeeded.

Now he had to lay low for at least a few days. Stefan heard that there would be a festival in a few days. That would be a good time to relax and mix in with the crowd in case the police were on his tail but all in all, Stefan was satisfied. He was a few grands richer but nowhere near close to his temple. Its splendor still gleamed in his eyes whenever he lost sight of what he was looking for. One day he would have it.

But first, he needed to get a new bag.

VuvuZelaMan

Oct 23, 2010
Ash

"Could you look directly at me for a moment?" he asked.

"Sure." Ash did as instructed, keeping her smile in place as well as she could.

"I want to make sure I get the details right." He hadn't used a lot of time, though the silence was probably more awkward for her than it was for him. "Also, do you have plans today?" Sirius figured that was an acceptable conversation topic, though, perhaps it was worded a bit odd.

"I mean. Anything you're looking forward? Isn't the festival starting soon?"

Heh, it's hard to tell if that was a nervous slip or not, with him. Ash found the idea of a nervous Sirius amusing, and her smile fit back into place.

"Oh yeah, that is coming up soon. I've been before, but I found last year's a bit disappointing. I could still find something interesting enough to go, though." Ash was thinking of something more along the lines of a fight breaking out, but there were other ways to pass the time, right, Sirius?

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
Dr. Loveless

Theodore was on his way out of the meeting with the other broadcasters when his phone began to vibrate. Stepping aside, he pulled the phone up to look at it. The number was the one fans used to contact him during shows which was odd. Usually the number never made it to his phone, having been screened by one of his interns before hand. That he was receiving one now, not even during a live broadcast was odd in the extreme.

Answering the phone, he said "Hello? Dr. Loveless speaking." and waited for a reply. It wasn't long before he got it.

"Dr.Loveless, I would like to arrange a meeting. There's something I think you might be interested in. More to the point, I'm asking for a favor and don't exactly feel okay talking about it over the phone. Can you meet me at the following address: 4353 Baker st. They'll be a set of stairs leading to an old subway platform. Don't worry, I'll be waiting near the steps." The voice said quickly. A second later it added "Can you make it?"

Theodore raised an eyebrow at the statement before asking a question. "Um... who exactly is this?" he said, more than a little confused. "The Crick. You know green, jumps around, never really stuck around long enough for a decent interview...in any case, I need to talk with you in person. 4353 Baker st. Old subway platform. Can you meet me here?" the voice replied mysteriously.

Theodore was needless to say skeptical, but if a superhero really did need to meet with him for some reason, who was he to argue. Glancing at the time, he saw he still had plenty before his interview so he replied in the affirmative. "I'll meet you there in 15." Thereafter he hung up and quickened his pace toward the meeting spot. In a little less than 15 minutes he was there and waiting.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Terry

Terry had entered from an opposite opening of the subway tunnel and quickly hopped to towards the address he'd given Loveless. He'd found an entrance to these old subways after intervening at an accident near a construction site after a pair of falling beams exposed an old maintenance hatch. Apparently they were shutdown around the end of the 80's, mainly after some sort of "mutant rat army" attempt...or just plain ole rats, no one was really sure anymore. Whatever the case, Terry didn't have much use for a pair of old subway tunnels but as he made his way to Loveless, a few ideas passed through his head.

He stopped in front of an old abandoned platform, made his ways to the stairs, and began removing the wooden beams blocking it off. In a matter of seconds, Terry made an entrance wide enough to fit through. He waved to Loveless, who was waiting near top of the stairs.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting, took me awhile to navigate these tunnels. The city doesn't seem to have any good maps on file." Terry said to Loveless. He listened for any minor feedback from any recording devices and heard nothing. He felt safe to talk.

"Anyway, I'll try and make this quick since you're a probably a busy guy." Terry inhaled slightly.

"Neutrocity is an amazing place with amazing people, some good some bad; you know how this goes. And right now, maybe this is just me, but I feel like "the good" are a bit too unorganized, unruly, unprofessional, and under-powered. While the bad are...just getting badder." Terry was making an effort to step around mentioning the rumors of villain's being recruited, but he had to admit that a part of him believed what he was saying about the heroes in this city.

"Which is why I'm planning to form a network of heroes. A forum, a community, organization, league, whatever you wanna call it really. Just something that unites us all for good." Terry stopped to see how Loveless felt about all this.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Tom

"Meet me here in an hour, okay? If that's inconvenient, lemme know, though you're gonna have to call me and explain the way when I eventually get lost in that case :p"

Tom replied back with a quick "k, see you then" before resuming work on the article. An hour wasn't a terribly large amount of time to finish up a paper, but the article didn't have to be terribly long and he could always lengthen it after talking to Rias.

Time flew by while he worked and soon he had to head out, printing off what he had put together of the article first so he could run it by Rias. He drove to the hotel and arrived perhaps a few minutes late due to traffic (something Tom never accounted for because heroes always arrived right on time!).

He got out and quickly found Tim "Hey hope I'm not too late," he said as he approached, then noticed the rather large cut on Tim's face "Whoa, what happened? You look like you tried to pick a fight with a straight razor! Er, no offense."

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011

"And what good can come from that?"

"Vat good? See possibilities are endless!" Vinzenz exclaimed, throwing his arms out wide. He ran a hand through his hair as he thought for a moment and began to pace around the room as he explained, making gestures as animated as the last. "Limitless supplies of new energies! An infinity of organisms see likes of vhich have never been seen! New vorlds to explore und expand! Not just in anosser dimension, but vorlds vhich lie beyond sight in sis universe! See very span of all sat exists is far beyond comprehension, und I am see von who must take see first step. See march of progress vill no longer be confined to a one dimension, a constant along a singular axis. In time, nossing vill be impossible."

DarkRawen

Awe-Inspiringly Awesome
Apr 20, 2010
Frederick Rolls

What a mess. What a terrible, terrible mess. Apparently, the screening of the jury members hadn't been done well enough, one of them had been a friend of the defendant. Not only that, while weak, they had powers. It hadn't been much to brag about, simply something akin to telekinesis. However, compared to people without powers, it certainly was something, half of the people had been running out by the time this bothersome individual had raised one of the chairs up into the air. Frederick had tried to calm people down, it was only a matter of letting the officers in the room take care of this person, but it was clear that they weren't going to go close without the proper tools. He was unwillingly lead out of the room and into his office. Locking his own door, he took the masks and left his body inside, before returning to the courtroom.

This is why I don't like the jury system.

With the tragedy mask in front of his face, Frederick arrived through the wall. Chairs and papers were knocked around, but no real damage had been done.

"I can't leave you people alone for a second without there being a whole mess, can I?" The Specter sighed. If he used his own powers, there was a chance that there would be more of a mess than it already was. Regardless, people were terrified, and he needed to act.

"I'm giving you one chance to give yourself in, Mr. Jury Member. Your rescue attempt failed, the defendant has already been taken in. Now, give up."

No one ever gave up. However, it didn't result in some epic battle either. Frederick held the guy up against the wall with his telekinesis, before throwing him over to the remaining officers in the room. After seeing the arrestation go down well enough, he picked up his body and left the locale. Invisible, but wearing his body, he decided to get some air. The trial wouldn't be continued either way, and he was... well, tired. Annoyed at the lack of professionalism -from everyone's side- and the lack of respect for the courtroom.

That was when he noticed the Crick, or, at least, someone wearing the Crick's helmet. While he wasn't really in the mood to interact with anyone, he figured he might as well say hi, only to notice that the kid was heading... wait, into the old subway tunnels?

That's... peculiar.

Figuring the hero might be in need of backup -he could be investigating something, after all- Frederick followed him, still invisible, all the way through the subway and until he reached Theodore. Huh.

Are they having some sort of secret meeting?

Did he really need to stick around for some conversation between the two? Probably not, though, as he was about to leave, he heard the Crick speak.

"Neutrocity is an amazing place with amazing people, some good some bad; you know how this goes. And right now, maybe this is just me, but I feel like "the good" are a bit too unorganized, unruly, unprofessional, and under-powered. While the bad are...just getting badder. Which is why I'm planning to form a network of heroes. A forum, a community, organization, league, whatever you wanna call it really. Just something that unites us all for good."

Hm, actually, I think I might have a reason to listen in.

If nothing else, it was interesting, though he doubted either of the two others would like it if they realized he was listening in.

If either of the people involved with the meeting between Crick and Loveless minds the latter part of my post, I can alter it. >_>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim Merridy

An hour passed quickly when watching the newest superhero movie another time. Especially the villain in this one was interesting, despite the loss he'd made a good attempt at chaos. He sat in the hotel lobby with his laptop, and during the most epic fight of the movie, Tom arrived.

"Hey hope I'm not too late,"

"No worries, Rias isn't even here yet," he replied, and closed the laptop, before putting it in a bag for easy carrying it around. Not surprisingly, Tom's eyes quickly went to the cut, which he had clumsily covered with a couple of bandaids. It had still been bleeding when he did so, he was certain that if Slender Girl had cut a little higher, she'd taken his eye.

"Whoa, what happened? You look like you tried to pick a fight with a straight razor! Er, no offense."

Tim grinned. "None taken. Pretty awesome though, huh? I think it makes me look tougher!" he joked, standing up. He ignored Tom's question about what had happened, ignoring it was much easier than making up some excuse. Instead, he pushed his identity as a villain away, he was first and foremost just a regular dude right now. "Hope Rias'll show up soon, she said she had something, but that wasn't until later." Perhaps Tom knew more about that, he wasn't sure.

"Also, what do you people do around here? A big place like this has to have a couple of awesome cinemas and malls and such, right?" Tim sounded eager, especially when it came to the cinemas. Movies were his passion, after all.

Sirius Hamilton

"Oh yeah, that is coming up soon. I've been before, but I found last year's a bit disappointing. I could still find something interesting enough to go, though."

Sirius nodded. "Yeah. I was thinking about going myself, but..." he trailed off again, as he started drawing her eyes and mouth. He would soon be done with the sketch. "I don't know. It might not be worthwhile. I'd like to sketch parts of festival, though." With the final pencil mark, he put the pencil away and started blending paint instead.

Let's see, her skin-color is that shade, and her eyes...

He looked at her eyes again. They were beautiful and lively. Sirius found himself studying them, the color wasn't quite clear to him, or so he told himself. Light brown, right? His grey eyes probably looked dull to her as he examined her, and he looked back at the sketch, starting to use a soft brown to outline her face.

"You know, if you do end up going, we could go together. It might be more interesting if there's two of us. It's usually more fun if there's more than one person." More outlines, and starting on her hair. "I'd like to go with you, at least." Another break, just looking at her hair to make sure he got the shade right. "Or is that an issue for you? I don't want to go with you if you don't want me there."

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
Alex

"See march of progress vill no longer be confined to a single dimension, a constant along a single axis. In time, nossing vill be impossible."

The more he listened to the scientist, the more far-fetched he seemed and that was coming from a man who can teleport. In Alex's mind, he was either right or wrong but without any proof, he couldn't tell for sure whether or not to trust the man. He had helped this man out of charity but now a small part of him began to regret helping him out. Alex was no scientist so he simply stuck to his stubborn skepticism instead. He crossed his arms, unsure of the scientist.

"Can you prove it?" Alex asked plainly.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Karen

After a bit more discussion about arrangements the trio left the park and headed to Tony's house. Karen followed the car in the air because her wings and horn would have made things awkward and since she currently has no extra clothing she decided flying was better. The flight was dull but it was good for helping her learn the lay of the city.

After about 20 or so minutes they arrived, Tony took some of his medication and went to lay down, while Annabelle set to finding Karen something to wear, though Karen's height and general build made that something of a hassle, though Annabelle did manage to get something passable together for Karen to wear. Then after checking on Tony to make she he had every thing he'd need for the short time they'd be gone, Annabelle took Karen out clothing shopping. The reason Karen agree'd to this was two fold, one, she had nothing to wear anyway, but mostly two, a lot of crime happens in high traffic area's like malls and such.

and so with Karen's wings, horn and armor concealed, she set out with Annabelle, to a place she'd never really been very found of ... The Mall ...

Rias

Rias made a couple phone calls after getting a reply from Tim. She called Hector and Ivaan to see if they would be available later for the interview, sadly, nether where. Ivaan had a Lions Club meeting then, normally something easy to get out of, but he kinda needed to be there since he was pitching ideas to the club this time. Hector had a date with his long time 'why aren't they engaged yet' girlfriend, though apparently they've been having a 'rough patch' lately so he wanted to try and find out what was causing it and try and fix it.

She left shortly after that and got turned around some how, this, combined with the time spent on the phone, made her a little late in arriving at her destination, as Tim and Tom seemed to be waiting on her. "Hey sorry I'm late ... HOLY HELL!! What happen to you?!" she exclaimed as she got a better look at Tim, amusingly, her wings, which where bat like over feathered, and which hadn't been dispelled when she saw Tim's injury, also reacted like one would expect when surprised as she'd been.

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011

"Can you prove it?"

The doctor thought hard about that question. He didn't have anything concrete. Other than his presence of course, but Alex couldn't know that. And what could be said that wouldn't have the man running off to get him thrown into an institution? Yes, Vinzenz. Just tell him you were a Nazi-funded labcoat that inadvertently killed all his associates in the catastrophic implosion of an interdimensional gateway, but in doing so proved his theories of human transdimensional travel. That's sure to set his mind at ease.

"I...don't have anysing substantial, but my seories are sound und see science vorks. But in order for me to do vat I need, you must trust me. Und you must keep sis to yourself. If vord of my studies gets out, fools sat sink sey can conduct see necessary experiments, complete my research properly...sey vould come by see dozens und ruin everysing! Sere is so much potential at stake here. I'm entrusting you vis sis. Now I need you to trust sat I know vat I am doing."

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
Dr. Loveless

"Neutrocity is an amazing place with amazing people, some good some bad; you know how this goes. And right now, maybe this is just me, but I feel like "the good" are a bit too unorganized, unruly, unprofessional, and under-powered. While the bad are...just getting badder. Which is why I'm planning to form a network of heroes. A forum, a community, organization, league, whatever you wanna call it really. Just something that unites us all for good." The Crick said after a while. Then he stopped; waiting for some kind of response no doubt

For his part, Theodore raised an eyebrow before reaching into his coat pocket and pulling out a pack cigarettes. He opened the battered old pack to reveal a half dozen plastic tubes about the same size as a cigarette. Ever since he'd become a face of the media, Theodore had given up smoking. The nicotine addiction was long gone, but the habit of having one in tense situations had proven impossible to break. Instead, he'd taken to carrying around the tubes as a "place holder"

After slipping one between his lips and thinking it all over for a few minutes, Theodore pulled out the tube and started to speak. "That sounds good and all, but that's a lot more complex than you make it out. There's a risk if all you heroes organize publicly; villains might attack you as a group or the public might find the whole thing frightening. Also, I don't know why you're bringing this all to me. I'm on your side, and I suppose I technically have powers, but I'm no superhero. I'm an out of shape journalist who just so happens to not need a recording crew. And, besides all that, how would you gather this rag tag team. The only other super-powered person I even know the whereabouts of uses her powers as pyrotechnics for musical performances. I might be able to track down Slender Girl or The Phantom of the Opera while they're active, but I couldn't get a private message to them. Don't misunderstand Crick; I'll be happy to help, I just don't know how this is gonna work or how I can possibly be of help."

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Tom

"Also, what do you people do around here? A big place like this has to have a couple of awesome cinemas and malls and such, right?"

"Yeah we've got some great cinema's around here," Tom started, momentarily distracted before shaking his head and returning to the more important matter "Look you really should-"

"Hey sorry I'm late ... HOLY HELL!! What happen to you?!"

"-Get that looked at," Tom finished before turning to greet Rias "Hey Rias, glad you could make it," he said barely holding back a barrage of compliments on how awesome her wings looked, not the time to get distracted, Tim probably needs stitches or something!

Turning back to Tim he continued "Look why don't we stop by a hospital, see if you need stitches or anything if not then we can head to a mall?" he suggested, notes of worry evident in his voice. Tom certainly wasn't a doctor but he knew head wounds were bad news, I mean you kept your brain in your head and it did all sorts of important stuff!

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
Alex

Now I need you to trust sat I know vat I am doing."

Alex regarded the man carefully. He could be telling the truth but the man's lack of evidence disabled Alex from fully trusting the good doctor. What's worse is the implications if Alex does help him. This scientists raised more questions than answers but an idea flashed in Alex's mind that would have the doctor prove his word.

"Even if I fully believed you, I don't have the means or the money to help you make a good laboratory." Alex admitted. "But I know a way we can get both..."

"The Ditelli crime family has been ruling this city for several decades. They're feared by the police and they have the city politicians on their leash. They rake in money from human trafficking rings, weapon deals, and drug smuggling. Why do I know this?" Alex asked rhetorically, getting riled up by his explanation. "Because they tried to kidnap my little sister for their evil rings. If I wasn't there to stop them then... I just don't know." Alex said. Mixing the truth with the fiction was always the best way to lie. "I hunted down the thugs to learn as much about their boss as possible. Well their boss is their Anthony Ditelli. The man is a savage in suit and I've been trying to get the man with every waking moment.The man has millions of dollars at his disposal and an army of thugs but I am not scared of him."

"I helped you and I swear I will help you with your laboratory but now you have to help me if you expect to make any headway." Alex proposed. He held out his hand to the man. "Help me, help you."

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Terry

"That sounds good and all, but that's a lot more complex than you make it out. There's a risk if all you heroes organize publicly; villains might attack you as a group or the public might find the whole thing frightening. Also, I don't know why you're bringing this all to me. I'm on your side, and I suppose I technically have powers, but I'm no superhero. I'm an out of shape journalist who just so happens to not need a recording crew. And, besides all that, how would you gather this rag tag team. The only other super-powered person I even know the whereabouts of uses her powers as pyrotechnics for musical performances. I might be able to track down Slender Girl or The Phantom of the Opera while they're active, but I couldn't get a private message to them. Don't misunderstand Crick; I'll be happy to help, I just don't know how this is gonna work or how I can possibly be of help."

Terry chuckled with sigh.

"Well, this right here is partially why I decided to ask you about all this. I wasn't planning to make this group public anytime soon, but you would've put two and two together a lot faster than a lot of media outlets and even the police."

He sat against the wall, letting his hands fall in his lap.

"And you're right. People are paranoid. Criminals are paranoid. Crime bosses are paranoid. But villains, villains are plain ole jealous. And paranoia plus jealous equals a 'hit-em-first and hit-em-hard' mentality I don't really wanna bring to Neutrocity. But I need to give it a shot say that at least I tried to do...something."

Terry heard a very faint almost silky whooshing sound pass through the air. He slowly glanced around slowly, as to not alert Loveless. Gah, my nerves must be messing with my hearing. Last thing I need today is to hear every insect buzzing on the block. A thought popped into his head and he leapt to his feet.

"Loveless, you transmit...sensory feedback I guess? What you see and what you hear, right? You said it yourself, you don't have a crew, you don't have a camera, or mics, editing equipment, or some big news van with a bunch of antennas on it. It's all you. And as far as I can tell, YOU aren't traceable. If I could figure out a way to transmit multiple messages from you instantaneously-or at least, efficient enough to get a few instructions out without instigating either of us-perhaps I could arrange a few meetings with certain heroes."

Terry popped out a fiddler and caught it in his hand.

"With a few modifications, I might have something that could do it."

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
Dr. Loveless

"Loveless, you transmit...sensory feedback I guess? What you see and what you hear, right? You said it yourself, you don't have a crew, you don't have a camera, or mics, editing equipment, or some big news van with a bunch of antennas on it. It's all you. And as far as I can tell, YOU aren't traceable. If I could figure out a way to transmit multiple messages from you instantaneously-or at least, efficient enough to get a few instructions out without instigating either of us-perhaps I could arrange a few meetings with certain heroes."

Theodore nodded at the words. "So you want me - the mild-mannered journalist - to act as your communication hub? I can see the value, but there's a problem. I can transmit to any number of computers as long as I know which ones, but I can't receive information via the link. That means if you want to send a message to, say, The Phantom of the Opera, you'll need to send me the message the old fashioned way... or at least via twitter." Theodore said before returning to his faux-cigarette.