The Tao of Notch - Beyond Twitter

brad_glasgow

Aug 2, 2016
The Tao of Notch - Beyond Twitter

The public has not heard much outside of Twitter lately from Markus "Notch" Persson, the famed creator of Minecraft, but he spoke with us on a wide range of topics.

Read Full Article

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Fascinating. I'd love to read more of these interviews - the circus of social media can give you a completely different and often deeply erroneous view of people, which is a great shame.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
This is way better than the Blizzard news feed and the stuff that reposted from imgur the other day.

Silent Protagonist

Aug 29, 2012
I really enjoyed reading this interview. Not really sure why, since it wasn't particularly informative and it mostly seemed like small talk. Though that might just be because I've seen enough twitter outrage and inaccurate hit pieces to know people are rarely what they are made out to be by the internet mob.

Definitely going to have to remember "ovary-acting" for the future though

Achelexus

May 31, 2014
I never cared much about Minecraft, but Notch as a person is awesome, definitely gained my respect.

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
That was an amazing, insightful interview. I really hope The Escapist does more of these in the future, because that was a great read. And while I don't agree with Notch on everything, and it was great to see someone ask interesting questions and not just do a big hit piece. And for the record, I could give two shits about Minecraft.

Jake Martinez

Apr 2, 2010
What an awesome interview and fantastic scoop. Notch seems like he has a real good head on his shoulders for all this internet drama and bull.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Very well written. Only read the first page so far as I need to get back to life but definitely plan on reading more. We could use more of these interviews. Just don't make them click-bait. For the love of Grodd don't make them click bait.

UberPubert

Jun 18, 2012
Good, long interview. Read it through to the end and I'd love to see more.

Nice work, Brad!

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
That was a really cool look into Notch as a real person, rather than how he's often portrayed (or has sometimes portrayed himself). He actually has some pretty balanced thoughts into the various strange conflicts plaguing modern western society, though I didn't agree with everything he said. He's also a good example of how people will try to hang you if you don't pick a side and agree with everything they say. Luckily, he seems in a better emotional state than maybe a few years ago, and no longer seems as affected by this kind of haranguing as he used to be.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
I seem to have many personality traits in common with Notch. Except the part about being allergic to cats and dogs.

I'm even working on my own Java game. They say history repeats itself, so I'm fully expecting to be a billionaire in 5 years or so.

brad_glasgow

Aug 2, 2016
Thanks for all the kind words! It was such a fun interview and I'm glad Notch gave me a chance with it.

JustAnotherAardvark

Feb 19, 2015
Too often people have to choose between what they love and making their living; always cool to hear more from people who've been so successful at the former that they've taken care of the later. :)

Tiamat666 said:
Except the part about being allergic to cats and dogs.
Ick ... I couldn't live with that either. :(

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
Welcome to The Escapist, Mr. Glasgow.

Strange to read an interview on a gaming site with someone who ISN'T promoting a current product. But strange in a good way, catching an obviously thoughtful person in a reflective mood for a non-confrontational chat. A few more of these instead of the usual "Game Journo" drive-by trash lobbing exercises, alleging various -isms of monstrous proportions, would hopefully offer a model of healthier conversation as an alternative to the pathological controversy-mongering we're currently afflicted with. Nice read, good job.