The top kill in BF3...

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
I really wish I could use the plane but the plane/helicopter controls on the consoles are SOOO unintuitive.

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
Personal best kill was in MW2. It wasn't because of what i did, but the comment that followed it.

I was running around... (can't remember map, it was the one with the wrecked C-130 transport plane) with the Barrett, and had just run out of ammo for it. So i switched to the USP 45 with a silencer, got the game winning kill. Dude comes on over his mic "Who gets the game winning kill with a PISTOL???" My only response, aside from laughing was "Me!"

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Clever Player. Though I haven't done anything like that before and I haven't played BF3 either.
Though in BF2 I did enjoy a bit of Jet suicide aka fly into jets taking off from the enemy carrier and set up a chain reaction :p Boom.

Also Halo: Reach has been home to some of my more awesome moments. Namely, one time on an invasion match on spire. My team had the Warthog on the map and it had been driven near the elites spawn when they started chucking plasma nades at it. Surprisingly the Warthog had got out without any damage but my team mates had abandoned it in fear of being killed so the enemy team rushed to claim it and murder us all. Lining up my Spartan laser I blew up the warthog and three enemy players in one shot. Too bad that it also ended up killing a team mate who had been stupid enough to attempt a hijack when the laser was bearing down on the it. The ass kicked me for that accident.

th155

Mar 4, 2011
I know it's not BF3, but currently my most impressive kill happened around 30 min ago in TF2 (koth_sawmill)

The round just started, and i chose Pyro. Took a back passageway in order to get to their "spawn" with minimal resistance. Once there, 3 soldiers came out of the spawn. Two took me on. The other one watched for some reason.

Both soldiers fired their rockets at the same time. One was a crit. I reflected both of them, gibbing one of them and sending the other high into the skybox, where he then fell and died. The third soldier decided that it was a good time to deal with me, so he started firing, while backpedaling.

Reflected the first one, aimed it at his feet, which sent him flying into the sky. Accidentally missed the second one, but i successfully reflected the third (and last) while he started to fall, and it got an airshot. I taunted. Then i realised the server doesn't have replay enabled.

That said, i am going to buy BF3 in a couple of days, and i think i am going to enjoy it.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
That is probably the luckiest badass move anyones pulled in a FPS. Props to the guys that did it.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
Hmmm... you know, I've got the nagging suspicion that this was set up. Like, this guy and his buddies went through this same situation a billion times before one of them finally panned out.

Notice how the enemy plane didn't fire a single shot at him?

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Fidelias said:
Hmmm... you know, I've got the nagging suspicion that this was set up. Like, this guy and his buddies went through this same situation a billion times before one of them finally panned out.

I was thinking the same thing. But lining up the headshot and making it is still pretty damn slick.

Which is made all the more annoying by the fact that I can barely make a kill while FLYING the damn things! Never mind falling out of one.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
I don't think I have anything that cool, certainly that I can remember. The first kill I ever got in BF:BC2 was sniping a guy out of a helicopter though...

The Great JT said:
I think we'd be remiss to not mention RendeZook.
Same person, check the Youtube account.

anthony87 said:
Fidelias said:

I was thinking the same thing. But lining up the headshot and making it is still pretty damn slick.

Which is made all the more annoying by the fact that I can barely make a kill while FLYING the damn things! Never mind falling out of one.
Well, I'm more inclined to believe that it's legit since he also has a video of him failing numerous times while trying to pull this off with an RPG.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Between his two videos, I think I preferred his first one. What would really be impressive is if he did it twice in a row.

I don't have a any kills that I would consider my best kill, but I do have several favorite kills. I have three that really stick out in my mind at the moment. The first was on MW2. I was camped out inside of a building when someone threw a smoke grenade up the stairs, I pulled out a frag grenade and held it then went into the smoke where the other guy and me must have passed each other three or four times before my grenade blew up and I got the game winning kill. The second was in Gears 3 while I was playing Beast mode. It was down to the last guy we needed to kill, time was almost out and no one was anywhere near him; I was playing as a boomer so I just randomly lobbed a shot in his general direction and ended up nailing the guy with only one second up on the clock before we would have had to restart the round. It was definitely one of those moments where you wish more games other than CoD had a final kill-cam. The last one was on Rainbow Six Vegas 2 while playing terrorist hunt on Villa where we were down to the last few guys and were searching the house. In one fluid motion I ran into a room, turned, and filled a terrorist's face with a shotgun blast before he could even react.

I wish I could think of more at the moment, but without getting onto Halo Reach and looking threw all my videos or going back in time to see it again I can't really remember many others.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
I don't really have anything but some guy made a retard magnet.

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
Terminate421 said:
TheComedown said:
Terminate421 said:
Thats only something you can do in Halo. Now it can be accomplished in a realistic war game? Awesome....
"realistic war game" my ass
Do I have to be THAT specific?

Fine, a realistic war game with exceptions in terms of plot, recharging health, and some military equipment, all other factors such as physics and such are about as real as we will get.
Well ok you did completely miss the point of my post.

If it can be accomplished in a "realistic war game" its not a fucking realistic war game is it.

This is pretty much beside the point, but you've got to be fucking kidding me if you think that the game can be classed as realistic. I recommend having a look at some of the other videos posted in this thread. Another note "physics real as we will get", again, fuck my ass, ARMA and Operation Flashpoint for starters, bullet drop of and shit, i dont know much about these games, they aren't my thing, but dont be so fucking stupid as to think games like this (bf3 etc) even come close to realism.

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
MrShowerHead said:
White-Death said:
That was divine, but the more I think about it, Battlefield is becoming less....Battlefield.It has now much less emphasis on teamwork & executing planned tactics, more like grab your buddies & rush the enemy type of game.
For me ArmA II has taken over as prime military FPS.
Anyways, my best kill was in ArmA II.
Me & a few other sniper were hiding in a forest waiting for the group of baddies to come along the mine & claymore ridden road for an ambush.
Little did we know, a helicopter was with the massive group & it was flying over the crowd of jeeps, trucks & tanks.
I looked over at the helicopter while in my scope & just..instinctively pulled the trigger, killing the pilot, sending the chopper barreling down on-top of a fuel truck,which exploded, & well, military vehicle dominoes followed.
That pilot was out for my blood the whole match.
ArmA II. I approve.

My favorite kills are also done in ArmA II. Me, shooting down a helicopter with a grenade launcher. Killing about 12 soldiers with a satchel charge, myself included etc.

However, my absolute favorite would be the kill I made in RPG server. One of the players on the server set up a bar to make some profit. I (accidentally) kinda wrecked the owner's car so I had to work for his bar as a guard, with no salary. At one point, we found out that one of the employees was stealing from the bar, so we showed him the door and told me to never set his foot in this bar.

He didn't get the message. He kept coming in and at one point I had to shoot him in the leg to keep him out. After a while, our boss had enough. He told me to "grap him and get rid off him" So, we told the thief that we had something to discuss and asked him to enter the car. He did. We drove it in the middle of nowhere, onto an open field. I picked up my AK from the truck and said "You got about 10 seconds". This time, he got the message. He started running, but... Well, lets say he didn't get far

Wow, that was WAY too long :p
Wow, that last one just sounds awesome! Turning the game into a (shady) real life simulator, or thereabouts!

butternut

Jul 14, 2010
gigastar said:
butternut said:
gigastar said:
I think i just shat a mass equivalent to a 9-plannet binary solar system, it was that awesome.

Also the closest i ever came to something that great was in Team Fortress 2 where i was being chased by 4 or so opponents. I took a wrong turn and they took the opportunity to box me in and rush me to death.

Normally that would have killed me, but i rocket jumped straight upwards, aimed downwards, made a pact with the Random Number God, then shot a crit rocket downwards that killed all 4 of my pursuers. I then died of fall damage.
I've lost count of the number of epic things I've done on TF2, one of my greatest escapes has to be the time when I was playing scout, a Heavy and a Medic had me cornered so in a desperate suicidal attempt to live, I jumped at the Heavy, landed on his head jumped across onto the Medics head, then jumped once more towards a ledge I couldn't possibly have made it to... Until a Soldier undernearth me rocket jumped and hit his head on my legs effectively allowing to me to do a quad-jump. I was as confused as I was relieved.
Ill just relay some things ive done as an Engie.

One time as an Engie was when a sentry i placed and was maintaining got destroyed by a ubered heavy. Now that in itself is hardly unusual, but he lasted a good 5 seconds of sentry fire after the uber depleted and before the sentry died.

Now at the moment of my sentry being destroyed a luckless team-mate wandered in and started shooting at the heavy, the heavy turned distracted, at which point i jumped off the ledge onto his head and gave him two crit wrenches. My other team-mate survived, and he picked off the medic.

Another time me and two other engies were turtling in an intel room. Until two heavy-medics with ready ubers showed up.

In a moment of partial desperation i took my sentry from its watchpoint, placed it in a hidden spot where it would be safe, then went to work repairing the sentry of an absent engie. Once that sentry i was repairing and the other engie and his sentry were dead i picked up my gun, and placed it where it would have a flawless view of the remaining heavy-medic taking the intelligence. They did not survive, i also got an actual compliment from them for it too.

On a side note, when i get a good medic, my exploits as Heavy have gotten me banned from servers in the past. Im talking in terms of 50+ killstreaks and sometimes dominating an entire team of 12 as i strided across the map with Sasha singing her joys where appropiate and the intelligence on my back.

Its is comparable to the ubercharge scene in Meet the Medic, only without the uber, and the pile of corpses, and my uncanny ability to know when spies were coming after me.

I never did let on that with headphones it really was possible to hear footsteps, but it didnt seem appropiate in the face of the cries of "HAX".
Goddamn, I'm with you on that. When a Medic healbots me as Heavy I'm nearly unstoppable. Same with the headphones = hearing Spies. I also have an uncanny dodge when it comes to snipers when playing Heavy, sometimes I can crouch just as they fire so they miss.

However, If you get on top of another Heavy's head and start pummeling they won't know what is happening till its too late...

It's probably becoming apparant to you now how much I LOVE TF2! I could talk about it all day.

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
Heimir said:
Valanthe said:
Hmm, can't say I can compete with Eject>Snipe the bogey>steal his jet>profit!
It's not a bogey. A bogey is an unidentified target. Bandit. Thats what they're called when you know its an enemy.

OT: Ehrm... Well... I aint got nothin on this guy lol.... Maybe a life? lol who am i kidding :p
Heh, The more you know I suppose.

And knowing is half the battle!

srm79

Jan 31, 2010
Hehe that was cool.

I was playing on Wake Island the other day, in a T-90 and being chased by an M1 Abrahms. The guy was having a bit of a struggle hitting me as I had the pedal to the metal and his shots were landing just short. We reached the airfield, which was falling to the enemy at the time (hence my hurry to get there instead of trying to stand and fight the other tank) and as we turned on to the runway I started to turn my gun on him when my buddy in the MG turret tells me he's been smoked by about 4 RPG rounds. Goodnight Abrahms.

When I turned my turret back to my direction of travel I suddenly had a screen full of an Su-35 that was being stolen by an enemy. He was taxying out of the hangar and had just lined up for a takeoff roll. I just kept the loud pedal floored and ploughed into him at full speed. He blew up and my tank, now damaged was launched into the air and sent flying halfway down the runway - where it landed on top of an enemy jeep-buggy type thing that must have been a short distance behind my original pursuer.

My whole squad saw it unfold and spent the last few moments of the game too helpless with laughter to contribute to our victory any further.

MrBenSampson

Oct 8, 2011
I can only think of one at the moment. Playing Team Fortress 2 as a demoman, I made a pretty decent move. My team was making a push for the final control point, which was almost captured, but the opposing team was starting to push them back. I was running in to help my team capture the point, and I decided to bomb-jump. While sailing through the air, I fired a couple bombs down onto the point. I detonated the bombs, killing three opposing players, and landed on the point for the capture. VICTORY!