The "Unbeatable" Squirrel Girl Returning in New Marvel Comic

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
bdcjacko said:
no, the 3rd thing
Able to whoop doom?

CelestDaer said:
Gritty reboot would be entirely antithetical to her backstory and character. She went through time to save Speed Ball from being a dark, gritty character named Pennance.

That's the joke.​

Grumman

Sep 11, 2008
xPixelatedx said:
Please forgive my terrible comic-fu, but why is this character unbeatable?
Because she's a Mary Sue. People seem to lap it up, but at heart she's a pet character who is handed wins against enemies way out of her weight class because the creators enjoy the farce of having people like Doctor Doom emasculated by this character.

If it's not obvious, I hate the character and her fans - especially her fans. God-modding isn't any less obnoxious just because your character concept is deliberately stupid.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
toomuchnothing said:
xPixelatedx said:
Also it seems like that joke would get stale fast.
You'd think that but then again deadpool still moves comics despite the style of self aware humour having its limit as well. I think she mainly exists to "take the piss" out of the super serious "gritty" popular characters and remind everyone that its not real. Any character that wolverine fears is a win in my book. Although it must be said I'm somewhat biased as I am literally playing her right this minute in Marvel Heroes 2015 chucking hulkbuster and gamma irradiated squirrels at bosses.
Deadpool still has all the traditional comic book elements of a cool superhero.

This is a squirrel powered superhero that basically makes a mockery of all comic book lore.

Not sure what the point is. I mean, she "defeated" Dr. Doom by swarming him with squirrels. It's generally just a mockery and to bring the light-hearted mockery in the mainstream in any way could be maddening. Her super strength is just to give her the capabilities of a squirrel, not hulk-level strength. So her defeating the likes of Thanos and Dr. Doom is tongue in cheek.

We'll see though. I doubt this one has much legs. Why would it? I have no problem with it existing as a comic. But I wouldn't want it to really breach mainstream.