The Unboxing

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
[HEADING=1]Whoosh![/HEADING]

However, I have doubts about the aerodynamics of the PS4.
While it is not the most efficient shape for aerodynamics, it does maintain a slope to change air speed when split by the front of the PS4, and would be capable of flight if light enough.

Akisa

Jan 7, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Akisa said:
I thought Erin was a pc master race, so console opening shouldn't thrill her.
Maybe that little black box brings back fond memories of her childhood or something.

PC's my primary platform these days, but this strip still gave me the warm fuzzies from those days when I first unboxed my NES, my SNES, my Playstation, etc.

RJ 17 said:
Pfffft, Suchong is dead, remember? I don't know who his replacement is, but that is NOT the Suchong we all knew and loved!!!
Suchong is dead! Long Live Suchong!
Ah I remember the days of unboxing Commodore 64, and later on my first voodoo graphics card.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
Quiotu said:
Daystar Clarion said:

It's kinda like the F-117 Nighthawk. You take one look at it and go 'Pfft, that'll never fly'. And that's exactly what they WANT you to think...
Actually, it isn't all that aerodynamic but so-long as it obeys the general rule of being within it's own wake at high speed it's really irrelevant as you tend to generate vacuum for the plane to sit in at the speeds these things fly at, in fact nasa did some research on special aerodynamics for high speed jets and planetary decent vehicles and they found the perfect shape to be a sphere, or a bulb type shape since it penetrates the air for the rest of the vehicle and reduces drag that would otherwise rip vital components ( like wings ) off the frame and this is why the reusable space shuttle has a bulbus nose, to prevent friction and sonic sheer forces tearing it in half :)

note: I am not suggesting that a lockheed F-117 approaches decent velocity, only that supersonic flight is an odd peanut in terms of logic.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Darth_Payn said:
I never got that phrase "[X] is dead! Long live [X]!" It sounds self-contradictory.
Well, it's normally done with something like "the King." And Kings have successors, usually also Kings. Sometimes Queens, but most monarchies prefer the male line.

Say Bob is King. Bob dies, now his son, Steve is King. What they're saying is "The King [Bob] is dead! Long live the King [Steve]!"

Suchong is both dead and alive, because the first Suchong passed (and probably several others; the rats seemed to have this well down by now), but there remains a Suchong. May the sun never set on his reign. >.>

Edit: or hers. I never sexed it.

Akisa said:
Ah I remember the days of unboxing Commodore 64, and later on my first voodoo graphics card.
I got that way the last time I unboxed a new processor, for that matter. And GTA V. And a parrot. Don't ask me why a parrot was in a box.

TheDoctor455 said:
Why did Erin turn into Totalbiscuit in the second panel?
Erin may be a little crazy, sometimes even evil, but I don't think she has the level of douchebaggery required to become TotalBiscuit.

Clankenbeard said:
Thank you Mrs. Yeisley (senior English, 1986) for forcing me to learn this alternate definition of the word "affect". It was 27 years ago and this is the first time I have made mental note of an actual usage "in the wild". She's probably dead now. And if she is, I'm positive that she rolls in her grave for every "your/you're" misuse on the internet by you insensitive bastards.
You're english teacher wood b proud. >.>

Hover Hand Mode

Sep 14, 2013
Funny comic. Dapper lady. But I don't see what the big deal is with unboxing new cons- oh glorious fuck! The Zelda 3DS is here!

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Darth_Payn said:
I never got that phrase "[X] is dead! Long live [X]!" It sounds self-contradictory.
Well, it's normally done with something like "the King." And Kings have successors, usually also Kings. Sometimes Queens, but most monarchies prefer the male line.

Say Bob is King. Bob dies, now his son, Steve is King. What they're saying is "The King [Bob] is dead! Long live the King [Steve]!"

Suchong is both dead and alive, because the first Suchong passed (and probably several others; the rats seemed to have this well down by now), but there remains a Suchong. May the sun never set on his reign. >.>

Edit: or hers. I never sexed it.

Akisa said:
I got that way the last time I unboxed a new processor, for that matter. And GTA V. And a parrot. Don't ask me why a parrot was in a box.

TheDoctor455 said:
Why did Erin turn into Totalbiscuit in the second panel?
Erin may be a little crazy, sometimes even evil, but I don't think she has the level of douchebaggery required to become TotalBiscuit.

Clankenbeard said:
Thank you Mrs. Yeisley (senior English, 1986) for forcing me to learn this alternate definition of the word "affect". It was 27 years ago and this is the first time I have made mental note of an actual usage "in the wild". She's probably dead now. And if she is, I'm positive that she rolls in her grave for every "your/you're" misuse on the internet by you insensitive bastards.
You're english teacher wood b proud. >.>
How is Totalbiscuit a douchebag?

All he does is try to be objective.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
TheDoctor455 said:
How is Totalbiscuit a douchebag?

All he does is try to be objective.
In the same sense that Fox News tries to be objective, maybe.

He's not at all above making a tirade on something that is of no consequence to him but of consequence to others or vice versa, and tosses objectivity out the window the minute it's inconvenient. TotalBiscuit: he reports, you decide.

Guy even has tantrums sometimes over his fans disagreeing with him. Because journalism and objectivity.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
misterprickly said:
Step FIVE... Return to store when red line of DEATH appears.
Alas, I must also say: Step 6: Get angry at the lack of proper games to play.

I think I'll end up just getting PS+, simply for the instant library.

Also, the Suchong Wars are getting hilarious!

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
albino boo said:
Renegade-pizza said:
RJ 17 said:
I like the cute little hat on her pet rat. :3
His name is Suchong!!! Now, onto other matters to get overly passionate about, I hope she didn't catch the PS4 when she flung it. Its mere existence defiles the gaze of the master race!!

Also, all PC gamers dress like Erin in panel 2.
Untrue, I wear a cravat and pocket watch which Erin does not.
She's wearing a cravat in that panel...

Okay, who else immediately thought the second panel was a jab at TB? :p

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
Quiotu said:
Daystar Clarion said:

It's kinda like the F-117 Nighthawk. You take one look at it and go 'Pfft, that'll never fly'. And that's exactly what they WANT you to think...
That's not as high on the "What sorcery is this!?" meter as the F-104! That thing has wings that are only mildly larger than the rear spoiler of an F1 racing car!

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
Opening something new and shiney is always cool :) was the same when i got my 3dsXL, a bit change from my DSI - all for the love of my pokemons :p

Will get a PS4 next year when i'm feeling(and am in fact hopefully) richer and will most likely be quite excited although there will probally be more game out I want as well :p this will help.

Andrew_C

Mar 1, 2011
truckspond said:
That's not as high on the "What sorcery is this!?" meter as the F-104! That thing has wings that are only mildly larger than the rear spoiler of an F1 racing car!
Aah, the F 104 Widowmaker [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_bribery_scandals], one of the few aircraft powered by cash and blood.