The video game that got you into gaming

Legendeer

Mar 29, 2010
Shadowfaze said:
The original Sonic The Hedgehog on Master System 2- Who else remembers when your console came with a game actually built into it?
I do! It was my First game too! =D i can remember the last boss being hard when i was 4 ^^

I dont think my memory stretches that much further back, i remember sinking a lot of time into Casper the friendly ghost on PS1, just..... floating around

Mar 25, 2010
When I was four years old, my father gave me his handheld genesis for Easter, when I got it, he gave me 2 games with it. Sonic The Hedgehog 2, and Pacman 2. I remember beating Sonic The Hedgehog 2 when I was five, but to this day I can not beat that goddamn Pacman game!
I cannot understand what the heck to do when I'm out of Power Pellets and surrounded by ghosts!
All Pac-Man does is crawl on the ground and makes gestures to his mouth! I don't have anything for you Pac-Man!

velcrokidneyz

Sep 28, 2010
we had the sega genesis as a kid i played a lot of sonic, boogerman, earthworm jim, street fighter with my twin brother, pitfall, vectorman,and other such classics. those got me hooked at an early age. i think i was like 4 or 5.

Kina a funny aside, when my brother and i would play streetfighter we didnt know how ryu threw his "fireballs" so we could nvr beat him on arcade mode. also we had an old arcade stick from some garage sale and if you turned on all the turbos as blanka you could walk and still have his electricution move and he could nvr beat that. fun times.

NicholasT33

Mar 23, 2011
Dragonborne88 said:
Uh, my dad started my corruption early. Commodore 64, Jumpman and Ghostbusters was the start of my decent into madness. Sadly, he never saw that one day, I would become the master.
*Hugs. My Dad was the one who got me interested in gaming also with Warcraft 2 tides of darkness. Three cheers for Dads !

kimba_lion

Mar 12, 2010
mine was not on a console but on computer

Descent. this started it all then i got a N64 and that blew my mind so many ways.. especially Zelda OoT

Diegolomac

Jan 28, 2009
Captain Claw, a 2d platformer. I got so pissed of when Monolith Games announced that they would eventually make a 3D version, but never got to it. If one day I become an indie game developer with enough resources, this will be my number one project.

Gunjester

Mar 31, 2010
That's a hard one...I can't fully remember...but it was either GTA: Vice City, Mortal Combat Deadly Alliance or Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.

Two of those are fairly embarrassing, But i'm still a teenager so i was pretty young back then.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Unreal Tournament 2004 was the first game I would play regularly on the PC. But I would say in general getting an Xbox 360 got me properly into gaming.

Timmehexas

Aug 15, 2010
Secret of monkey island, I think it took like 8 floppy discs or something to play, was quite young though could be wrong.

auwdioslave

Apr 16, 2010
I've played a lot of games when I was young, but my real love for gaming began with my Xbox. First game I've played seriously was munch's oddisy, but Morrowind was the game that sealed the deal. When I started playing it, I was having a lot of problems at school (bullying) and Morrowind gave me a chance to escape to a beautiful fantasy world. I've spent litarely hundred's of hours on one single character (over 700 hours to be precise).

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Combat, definitely combat. Unless it was Spy Hunter on the Apple 2c. Both are pretty fun games. You strip away the superfluous stuff like graphics and surround sound, and get to a pretty basic game with basic musics, solid controls, and you just have fun.

feauxx

Commandah
Sep 7, 2010
i can't remember what came first honestly, but shufflepuck cafe, prrince of persia and lemmings on a mac, tetris and super mario on gameboy, and later wolfenstein 3d and doom on pc. aladdin, mario and donkey kong country on snes.

after games became 3d i had a lot of trouble getting into it because the controls felt so awkward with my left-handedness. i did try it from time to time but gears of war was the game that caused me to buy a 360 and sit down playing right-handed/default until i mastered it :) taking a stab at playing pc games again now with world of warcraft, trying with mouse in left hand first, if it doesn't work i'll try to teach myself to handle the mouse with my right hand (scary thought tbh).

NinjaOnXTC

Apr 25, 2011
i played Medieval, Destruction Derby 3 and Tekken 3, I got a second hand PS1 and those were *the* games in my house.

Thamian

Sep 3, 2008
I'm not all that sure but, it was one of the following:

1)The Lion King (Sega Mega Drive)
2)Urban Strike (Sega Mega Drive)
3)Command and Conquer: Red Alert (PC)
4)Total Annhilation (PC)
5)Star Wars: X-Wing (PC)

There was another mega drive game that I can remember the graphics and some of the first five levels of, but can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

Rpground

Aug 9, 2009
the game that got me really into gaming was a little gem called "Desert Strike - Return to the Gulf" for the SNES.

sure it wasnt the FIRST game i played,that goes to SMB on the NES.

but this game made me really get into the spirit of gaming,with all the cheats available for the game it was awesome! i had like a full 10 pages in my code book just dedicated to this game it had all the cheats codes secrets,and the nintendo power issue that also featured this game in it. its buried with my other oldies junk in my closet,but man the memories! it was also the first game that introduced the "being a dick cause i can" thing into my life xD. it was fun instead of saving your dudes you blew them up with explosives bullets everything you could even herding them into explosive barrels just to blow the shit out of em! xD never beat it or got past the second stage for that matter...but the dicking around never got old P:

ahh memories...

CRRPGMykael

Mar 6, 2011
Good Ol' Super Mario Bros. on a bad NES-clone.Today,I've played so many games I can't even give you a rough idea of the number,but back then I was afraid to die.Yes.Well,in-game,of course.I didn't even get past the first level.I slowly got a mushroom,killed a Goomba,then let my dad play again 'cuz I loved watching HIM play.But this was already the first half of the 2000's(what,did you think I was born in the 80's?HAH),and soon I got my first PS2.Ah,the fun times I've had with Ratchet & Clank 2 and Sly 2.