The War Z

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Well...

It technically isn't a lie. Up to a hundred players is about as vague as you can get, only beaten by up to a hundred players or more. A single-player game supports up to a million players, technically speaking... In fact a game that can't be played period and thus has 0 players will also support up to a million players.

SnowBurst

Jul 2, 2012
Bindal said:
SnowBurst said:
well rockets a moron for even choosing arma 2's engine for this he should have chose something less buggy i cant think of a worse engine to do this for
I can think of a few... GoldScr, Unreal 1, GeoMod,...
Technically, every engine that can't render large worlds AND contain a lot of players.
thts like saying the worst is pongs engine...

Bindal

May 14, 2012
SnowBurst said:
Bindal said:
SnowBurst said:
well rockets a moron for even choosing arma 2's engine for this he should have chose something less buggy i cant think of a worse engine to do this for
Technically, every engine that can't render large worlds AND contain a lot of players.
Then don't say he picked the worst engine when it was basically the only engine, that worked.

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
Yeah, I still can't get over that this guy was on the Big Rig game. A game so shitty it wouldn't of even been considered in alpha stage of development of any respectable developer when it was released.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Radoh said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Radoh said:
DVS BSTrD said:
War Z? More like Lay Z.

But seriously, just because the servers can support 100 players each, it doesn't mean they...

*puts on sunglasses*

...half to.
Welp, it's decided.
I'm now going to stalk your every post since it seems pretty obvious you are the second (third) coming of Hankman.

OT: Yeah, there's not really much that can be done with that other than to go meta like you did.
I'm pretty entertained by that notion anyways.
Third? there was another?

*Looks at Custom forum title*
Should I be worried?
Well, I say third because Hankman ban jumped and went with the name Hankman 2.0 so that's why third was in parentheses.
And yes, you should be worried.
Always be worried when dealing with Radoh.
Hey why was hankman banned I really liked his work and was wondering were he went?

BakedZnake

Sep 27, 2010
Scrumpmonkey said:
You should see the other projects this guy has been involved in. He's the king of terrible, unfinished products.

"Sergey Titov The Producer/Programmer for Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing."
I thought that was Bethesda, yet they still some how have so many fanbois defending them... weird huh?

SnowBurst

Jul 2, 2012
Bindal said:
SnowBurst said:
Bindal said:
SnowBurst said:
Then don't say he picked the worst engine when it was basically the only engine, that worked.
daw cute how you dno anything about game engines if you say thats the only one thatd work when you could make a game 10 times better with even skyrims creativity engine for crying out loud

Bindal

May 14, 2012
SnowBurst said:
Bindal said:
SnowBurst said:
Bindal said:
SnowBurst said:
daw cute how you dno anything about game engines if you say thats the only one thatd work when you could make a game 10 times better with even skyrims creativity engine for crying out loud
Does Skyrims engine support Multiplayer for 100 and more people? No? Then NO, IT WOULD NOT HAVE WORKED!
Heck, I don't even think that Skyrims engine has any sort of netcode in the first place.

Kyrinn

May 10, 2011
SnowBurst said:
1nfinite_Cros5 said:
Grey seemed really STEAMED when it came to coming up with a joke for this guy.

DVS BSTrD said:
War Z? More like Lay Z.
So it's a Lay Z Day Z, then? At least the game has been pulled from the service. All someone had to do was pull a Valve!

I'll be here all weekend, folks!
dayz is the lazyest peice of shit ive ever seen they cant even iron out critical game ruining bugs like retarded ai movements with bohemia behind him glad i never paid for tht crap
You mean bugs that were already addressed if not fixed entirely?
I too am glad that no one paid for DayZ. Except maybe some fools who thought you actually needed to pay for it and "bought" it off some shady website.

SnowBurst

Jul 2, 2012
Bindal said:
SnowBurst said:
Bindal said:
SnowBurst said:
Bindal said:
SnowBurst said:
Does Skyrims engine support Multiplayer for 100 and more people? No? Then NO, IT WOULD NOT HAVE WORKED!
Heck, I don't even think that Skyrims engine has any sort of netcode in the first place.
i meant taking the bugs out -_- n theres way more engines thatll run 100+ players with no game ruining bugs like planetside 2's etc

SnowBurst

Jul 2, 2012
Kyrinn said:
SnowBurst said:
1nfinite_Cros5 said:

DVS BSTrD said:
War Z? More like Lay Z.
So it's a Lay Z Day Z, then? At least the game has been pulled from the service. All someone had to do was pull a Valve!

dayz is the lazyest peice of shit ive ever seen they cant even iron out critical game ruining bugs like retarded ai movements with bohemia behind him glad i never paid for tht crap
I too am glad that no one paid for DayZ. Except maybe some fools who thought you actually needed to pay for it and "bought" it off some shady website.
i mean bugs like tht retarded run animation that zombies have which make them impossible to kill untill theyre stopped infront of u which should have been fixed before release the game isnt even worthy of the title alpha its pre alpha at best practically just a proof of concept... rocket just piled on more features without fixing the ones allready there until it became a complete mess

Bindal

May 14, 2012
SnowBurst said:
Bindal said:
SnowBurst said:
Bindal said:
SnowBurst said:
Bindal said:
SnowBurst said:
i meant taking the bugs out -_- n theres way more engines thatll run 100+ players with no game ruining bugs like planetside 2's etc
PlanetSide 2 is not modable and Sony probably wouldn't give out the Engine to some random guys for a mod. Try again.

Kyrinn

May 10, 2011
SnowBurst said:
Kyrinn said:
SnowBurst said:
1nfinite_Cros5 said:

DVS BSTrD said:
War Z? More like Lay Z.

i mean bugs like tht retarded run animation that zombies have which make them impossible to kill untill theyre stopped infront of u which should have been fixed before release the game isnt even worthy of the title alpha its pre alpha at best practically just a proof of concept... rocket just piled on more features without fixing the ones allready there until it became a complete mess
I wouldn't so much call that a bug as a limitation of the game engine. I think that's the problem anyway, I can't actually remember the reason Rocket gave to say why zombies run like that. Honestly I think hackers are their biggest problem right now. They've finally more or less fixed the problem of people alt+f4ing out of combat. Item duping and converting clip types for ulimited ammo have been fixed too.
As to it's stage in development I'd say it's in alpha; the software is being tested and the game feature is not yet complete. Most stability problems are problems with the server rather than problems with the client.
As long as their stand-alone title is stable and free from hackers (or as free as you can get) I'll proobably play it.

the clockmaker

Jun 11, 2010
Bindal said:
SnowBurst said:
Bindal said:
SnowBurst said:
Bindal said:
SnowBurst said:
Bindal said:
SnowBurst said:
PlanetSide 2 is not modable and Sony probably wouldn't give out the Engine to some random guys for a mod. Try again.
Also planetside 2 was not out when they began developing Day Z, so using it would be fairly difficult.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
I don't see the big deal?? If you don't want to play on a 50 cap server, just go to the 100 cap server.

BakedZnake

Sep 27, 2010
Bindal said:
SnowBurst said:
Bindal said:
SnowBurst said:
Bindal said:
SnowBurst said:
Skyrim promised me a game, instead I got a pile of shit with bugs instead. Lets close down bethesda