GeneralTwinkle said:
Gorilla Gunk said:
GeneralTwinkle said:
Gorilla Gunk said:
GeneralTwinkle said:
Gorilla Gunk said:
Valve because seriously fuck them.

"We can't get DLC to the consoles because MS/Sony won't let us!!!"

*Looks at the heaps of awesome DLC Borderlands, Fallout, and Bioware's games get*

Really Valve? Really?
No, it's because they refuse to have their DLC paid for. MS and Sony won't let free DLC slide, so they don't give it out.
Almost all the Left 4 Dead DLC was paid, invalidating your argument.

And if that really is the reason Valve is worse then I thought.

"If we can't give it to you free then we're not going to give it to you at all."

In what bizarro world does that make any sort of sense? How is that in any way fair to the customers who bought their games on consoles? Because Sony/MS won't let you release stuff for free you're going to punish US?

I mean, fuck, most people are willing to pay Call of Duty map pack prices so long as we get something.
Well games like tf2 have had stupid amounts of extra content, if you payed for all of that you'd be broke o_O
L4D on the other hand, hasn't had that many actual content patches. They'd feel better about that. Can you blame them for not wanting to get the terrible PR they would get if they released the paid tf2 dlc?
People would have a shit fit, and their company would lose a lot of credibility.
No they wouldn't. I'm pretty sure Valve could release a game where you play as a sex offender and they still wouldn't lose an ounce of credibility.

I'm pretty sure they would

TF2 is probably beyond help because its so old (Unless they rerelease it on XBLA/PSN) but really people that played it on consoles never really expected to get all the PC content. Really all they wanted was a map pack or two (That we'd have no problem paying for) and some more patches because the last time I played years ago the game was practically unplayable with almost ever game being hacked and modded. It was a mess and instead of doing the right thing and fixing it and supporting its console players they abandoned it which is a real dick move.

People would have complained anyway about paid dlc on consoles. You wouldn't have, but most people would

God only knows why they stopped supporting the 360 version of L4D/2. Two bits of DLC over almost two years and nothing. They announced another map pack this time last year but nothing happened.
Delayed? Valve makes mistakes, but TF2 DLC wasn't one of them. I'm not sure about this.

Valve may be the greatest developer on PC but on console they're mediocre bordering on bad and when you stop blindly blaming MS/Sony
Yes, they are bad on consoles. Very bad. That doesn't change the fact that MS and Sony still have some blame
But again, Valve can do no wrong and will defend then to the death and enable their stupid decisions so they're never going to learn and fix their problems.
I've already said twice, valve makes mistakes, quite a few infact. Steam is not very good, but I still use it because it's the best we have. They make a ton of mistakes, and not all their games are good. Ricochet is very unpopular, and I hate half life 1/2
You're sort of reminding me of Karutomaru. Insisting that Ubisoft were bad because the Wii version of a game was bad, or that a Wii version didn't exist. Understand, valve is a PC developer . Don't expect good things from them on consoles, it won't come. Play it on PC, and stop arguing about the xbox version, which is something they don't give two shits about and no one expects them too, nor really should they. There's no point.
They're not PC developers. They haven't been for a long time. They're just a "game" developers now. If most of their games were PC exclusives then maybe yeah but just about every one of their games had a console release so its unfair to call them PC developers. Would really you call Rockstar a PC developer because a lot of their games are on PC too?

And I'm not saying they're all bad. Like I said, they're probably the best thing on PC, but they're shit on consoles and "MS/Sony" and saying "They're a PC developer" is no real excuse. You said MS/Sony have some of the blame with the key word in there being "some." Right now as I see it they have most of the blame. Console players, at least when it comes to Valves games, pay a lot more and deal with a lot more so I don't think its unfair to want some decent support.

And I, like most people who play on consoles, don't have a strong enough PC and right now can't afford one and even then "Just play it on PC" is still a shitty thing to say and unless you're offering to just give me enough money to build my own PC (And yes, before you say anything, I know you can build a PC for cheap but even $500 is out of the question for me at this point) then just that bit of advice to yourself. God knows you guys freak the fuck out when people suggest you play console exclusives on consoles instead of petitioning for ports.

All I really want is for Valve to be the developer everybody says they are, see even a little but of that side of them I hear PC players rave about, because all I'm seeing right now and have been for years is a big fat middle finger.

PS: People didn't really complain much about having to pay for L4D DLC and paying for DLC is just something we have to deal with so I doubt people would have had much if any trouble paying for TF2 DLC. Maybe a few complainers but not enough to be a problem.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
Gorilla Gunk said:
They're not PC developers. They haven't been for a long time. They're just a "game" developers now. If most of their games were PC exclusives then maybe yeah but just about every one of their games had a console release so its unfair to call them PC developers. Would really you call Rockstar a PC developer because a lot of their games are on PC too?

No, I'd call them console devs because that's what their games are designed for and still the main focus

And I'm not saying they're all bad. Like I said, they're probably the best thing on PC, but they're shit on consoles and "MS/Sony" and saying "They're a PC developer" is no real excuse. You said MS/Sony have some of the blame with the key word in there being "some." Right now as I see it they have most of the blame. Console players, at least when it comes to Valves games, pay a lot more and deal with a lot more so I don't think its unfair to want some decent support.

You shouldn't expect more bang for your buck on the console releases. It is kind of unfair, but you just have to accept that they're worse. They are primarily a PC developer. Lately they've been doing some more stuff with playstation, so if portal had huge issues I could understand. But TF2 and L4D were made a while ago when they barely bothered.

And I, like most people who play on consoles, don't have a strong enough PC and right now can't afford one and even then "Just play it on PC" is still a shitty thing to say and unless you're offering to just give me enough money to build my own PC (And yes, before you say anything, I know you can build a PC for cheap but even $500 is out of the question for me at this point) then just that bit of advice to yourself. God knows you guys freak the fuck out when people suggest you play console exclusives on consoles instead of petitioning for ports.

I get this much more than you think. In a few days I'll finally be getting a pc that doesn't overheat after half an hour of tf2. I've been playing on a shitty laptop for a long, long time and for the last year it's been overheating all the time, and I've only just gotten a new pc that's being shipped here.
I completely get this, and I just played on consoles while my PC is being awful. I didn't expect valve console releases to be good, and I'd expect rockstars games to be better.

All I really want is for Valve to be the developer everybody says they are, see even a little but of that side of them I hear PC players rave about, because all I'm seeing right now and have been for years is a big fat middle finger.
That's just the way the console versions are :/
I don't think the games would be as good if they took a lot of time off to deal with the console releases

PS: People didn't really complain much about having to pay for L4D DLC and paying for DLC is just something we have to deal with so I doubt people would have had much if any trouble paying for TF2 DLC. Maybe a few complainers but not enough to be a problem.
It's honestly just the way valve is. Their console releases are bad, and probably will be for quite a while.
It makes me annoyed too, because I would prefer to play the games on console until my new PC gets here, but this is one of the things that won't change soon.

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
Gorilla Gunk said:
It doesn't change the fact that Valve puts the PC first when they make games, it's their largest market.
If you would have no trouble paying for the 20 major content updates and 9 content updates that TF2 has (when you can get them and the entire game for free on PC) then you should have no trouble saving money for a working PC.

Valve doesn't want to run you dry, if they had done as Microsoft had asked they would be forcing everyone to buy all those console packs because they wouldn't be able to play with people who didn't have them.

Valve isn't perfect, I admit that: I hate the Mann-Conomy and what TF2 has become, I was very disappointed with Portal 2, and I think they are beginning to Streamline their games.

But their stance toward their customers relating towards new and unfinished content? I couldn't be happier with it.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Richardplex said:
TopazFusion said:
Well, Karutomaru leaves behind a hell of a legacy. Rivalling that of the great Zeel.

Anyway, finally on-topic, I'm gonna say Mojang. I mean just look at Notch, he's eeeevil!
EternalNothingness, Zeel, and now Karutomaru, these men will forever be remembered as gods trolls amongst mortals.
Of course, EternalNothingness is still around.

In fact, he made this thread about two Mecha-based Anime series' [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.378585-Poll-Evangalion-or-Gurren-Lagann-Which-Gainax-mecha-series-is-better-for-you] a few days ago, and he actually managed to wait until his fourth post in the thread to bring Sonic the Hedgehog into the discussion!

OT: Having slept on it, a lot of the publisher/developer hybrid companies are really bad, to be honest. The developers always seem to be cool and care about creating a labor of love, but the publisher side always seems to screw up with PR or just do things that count as terrible business practices. Capcom, Square Enix, those FTP MMO guys, Ubisoft, EA (debatably. The sports franchises were at least developed in-house in the past, and they like to brand the developers that they absorb with "EA" anyway.), Nintendo - Those are just the big ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Publishers suck.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
shrekfan246 said:
Richardplex said:
TopazFusion said:
Well, Karutomaru leaves behind a hell of a legacy. Rivalling that of the great Zeel.

Anyway, finally on-topic, I'm gonna say Mojang. I mean just look at Notch, he's eeeevil!
EternalNothingness, Zeel, and now Karutomaru, these men will forever be remembered as gods trolls amongst mortals.
Of course, EternalNothingness is still around.

In fact, he made this thread about two Mecha-based Anime series' [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.378585-Poll-Evangalion-or-Gurren-Lagann-Which-Gainax-mecha-series-is-better-for-you] a few days ago, and he actually managed to wait until his fourth post in the thread to bring Sonic the Hedgehog into the discussion!

OT: Having slept on it, a lot of the publisher/developer hybrid companies are really bad, to be honest. The developers always seem to be cool and care about creating a labor of love, but the publisher side always seems to screw up with PR or just to things that count as terrible business practices. Capcom, Square Enix, those FTP MMO guys, Ubisoft, EA (debatably. The sports franchises were at least developed in-house in the past, and they like to brand the developers that they absorb with "EA" anyway.), Nintendo - Those are just the big ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Publishers suck.
EternalNothingness is like Jesus. He disappeared but then returned to us.

Nexxis

Jan 16, 2012
I vote Blizzard, mostly due to some bad decisions they've made in their games as of late. Lax account security being one of them.

Adamc-mh

Jun 6, 2010
ragvaror said:
Blizzard probably leech the most money over time, and WoW is more addictive than smack, but for me it'd probably be 3D realms for taking over a decade to release a pretty average game in Duke Nukem forever.

Also Konami for murdering MGS, but that's a personal gripe.
I too share that personal gripe, complete morons.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Most evil?

Mojang. Giving huge bonuses to employees debases something or other. Vile! Anger! Unspecified rage!

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Buretsu said:
Hazy992 said:
The K Man's been banned? How the mighty have fallen! D:
He's moved on to a better place, which he will make worse with his presence.
Pretty sure this is the third forum he's been banned from now

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
Blizzard, so much Blizzard. If I had to say evil publisher I'd say Activision. The fact they're together it's like Satan self-abusing. Blizzard easily grabs up about five things on that list. They're so freaking greedy I can't believe they're not selling out their own grandmothers. They release games that are way over-hyped and are at best more of the same (to a bad degree). Other than that they troll their paying customers, and their development cycles are absurd. Yeah, tell me all the 10 years making D3 was really worth it.

Plus they're obviously lazy and greedy. They just reworked World of Diablo into D3. What's so much more evil is that people keep paying them money.

I also don't care what any of you think, so don't try. :D

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
TopazFusion said:
Hazy992 said:
The K Man's been banned?
I'm surprised it took as long as it did actually.
Yeah I mean his forum health meter got filled up pretty quick so I don't know how he managed to go on so long without mod wrath after that

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
TopazFusion said:
Hazy992 said:
Yeah I mean his forum health meter got filled up pretty quick so I don't know how he managed to go on so long without mod wrath after that
Yeah, I have no idea how he got all that other mod wrath.
When I first started noticing him here, he only had one square of health left.
I noticed him a bit but he just seemed to crank it up recently. I know he got suspended for making a dumb thread once and I think he got into trouble for the things he says about smokers. He told me once that he thought they were as bad as thieves, but then that's the tame to the things he's been saying on Destructoid

shrekfan246

May 26, 2011
Hazy992 said:
TopazFusion said:
Hazy992 said:
Yeah, I have no idea how he got all that other mod wrath.
When I first started noticing him here, he only had one square of health left.
I noticed him a bit but he just seemed to crank it up recently. I know he got suspended for making a dumb thread once and I think he got into trouble for the things he says about smokers. He told me once that he thought they were as bad as thieves, but then that's the tame to the things he's been saying on Destructoid
I'm not sure if he goes back even further, but he was present on a website called KHinsider, which is a forum based around Role-Playing in the Kingdom Hearts universe. He was banned from there before he really started being noticed on Destructoid, and in one of his Destructoid threads somebody found out that he had been banned from the Kingdom Hearts role-playing forum, which is where the .gif of Reggie laughing at a 3DS with his profile on the screen came from.

He also ran a blog on Destructoid that was lifted a little while back and moved it over to a heavily Japanese-themed site called Japanator, though I haven't bothered to see if it's still actively updated or anything.

I'm not going to lie, as... naive and ignorant as he appeared to be, I feel a little bad for him overall. Assuming he isn't the World's Greatest Troll, then it's really got to suck being banned from at least three separate websites all for essentially the same thing.

EDIT: Post 1000, woohoo.

Hazy992

Aug 1, 2010
shrekfan246 said:
I'm not sure if he goes back even further, but he was present on a website called KHinsider, which is a forum based around Role-Playing in the Kingdom Hearts universe. He was banned from there before he really started being noticed on Destructoid, and in one of his Destructoid threads somebody found out that he had been banned from the Kingdom Hearts role-playing forum, which is where the .gif of Reggie laughing at a 3DS with his profile on the screen came from.

He also ran a blog on Destructoid that was lifted a little while back and moved it over to a heavily Japanese-themed site called Japanator, though I haven't bothered to see if it's still actively updated or anything.

I'm not going to lie, as... naive and ignorant as he appeared to be, I feel a little bad for him overall. Assuming he isn't the World's Greatest Troll, then it's really got to suck being banned from at least three separate websites all for essentially the same thing.

EDIT: Post 1000, woohoo.
Wasn't he on Nsider too? You think he'd learn to tone it down a bit.

Also, congratulations :D

shrekfan246

May 26, 2011
Hazy992 said:
Wasn't he on Nsider too? You think he'd learn to tone it down a bit.

Also, congratulations :D
Oh wow. And that was back in 2008. I'm not sure whether he's been banned there or not though (can't view member profiles without joining). He's apparently got a Youtube channel too. I... considering even the Nsider guys are calling him a troll...

TopazFusion said:
shrekfan246 said:
he had been banned from the Kingdom Hearts role-playing forum, which is where the .gif of Reggie laughing at a 3DS with his profile on the screen came from.
So, does he use the same avatar on every forum he's on?
Actually, his Youtube channel/Nsider username aren't even Karutomaru. He's not exactly subtle about it though..."Viewtiful Joe's #1 Fan!" and all.

I don't know what to think anymore.