The Wii Bowling Ball: The Most Dangerous Wii Accessory Yet

Anoos

Dec 10, 2007
Ajna said:
Neonbob said:
Words fail to express just how..."special"...this is.
Perhaps a pseudo-math equation works best.

Ahem.

Wii Bowling ball = Fail[sup]fail[sup]fail[/sup][/sup]
If that makes any sense.
Well, you wrote it backwards, but it does make sense. If 2[sup]2[sup]2[/sup][/sup] = 8, then your statement is correct (though improperly written).
well actually 2^2^2 is 2^4=16 and it doesn't matter which way you write it if you are treating it as a mathematical expression

BirdBornAsBee

Jun 14, 2009
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is like one of theonion news report, except this is actually true! This is too funny!

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
How heavy is it? If it is hollow and made of plastic then it won't be too bad. If it has the same weight as a real ball then people will pop their shoulder out before smashing something.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
I don't think Nintendo have thought this through.

and then stick your fingers into the three holes, just like a real bowling ball has.
I don't know about anyone else, but when I go bowling I have to spend quite a while finding balls with the correct size finger holes (the standard size are too narrow and shallow).

Will this accessory be available in a variety of sizes, or will it only be usable for a small percentage of people?

If it's designed with children in mind, then it will be unusable by adults, and if the hole depth and spacing is is designed for a women's or Japanese person's hand, then (generally) larger Western male hands will have great difficulty gripping it.

It makes as much practical sense as Wii-boots, size 5 but intended for the whole family. You can't successfully market a universal accessory who's functionality is dependant on something like hand or shoe size.

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
You know, when I was a wee nipper, my Gran bought me one of those, except it had a little screen built into the ball. The idea was was to hold the three holes, but two of them had sensors in. Now, mine DID NOT come with a strap. The result? A big bowling ball shaped indent into a false wall... but the ball survived to this day...

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Jamash said:
I don't think Nintendo have thought this through.

and then stick your fingers into the three holes, just like a real bowling ball has.
I don't know about anyone else, but when I go bowling I have to spend quite a while finding balls with the correct size finger holes (the standard size are too narrow and shallow).

Will this accessory be available in a variety of sizes, or will it only be usable for a small percentage of people?

If it's designed with children in mind, then it will be unusable by adults, and if the hole depth and spacing is is designed for a women's or Japanese person's hand, then (generally) larger Western male hands will have great difficulty gripping it.

It makes as much practical sense as Wii-boots, size 5 but intended for the whole family. You can't successfully market a universal accessory who's functionality is dependant on something like hand or shoe size.
Which only adds to the promise of mayhem and destroyed thousand dollar HDTVs. I never felt the sensation of a tugawar between weeping for that poor sap who destroyed his plasma, and laughing my ass off at his misfortune before now: "That was NOT funny! Oh hell yes it was, LOL. Was not! Too!" And so forth.
Besides, we don't need Wiimotes to destroy our TVs....I fondly remember a misthrown dart that sailed through the room, plunking in my friend's tvscreen. Was an old model tube, and kept on working too.
I'll stick with the old fashioned bowling alley myself. Can get into enough interesting hijinks there, and would be a lot cheaper.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Ah another editon to the tacky extras that wiegh gaming down like a large bowl of over cooked rice pudding.
Any one who spends money on this thing, JUST to play Wii bowling, is asking for trouble.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
As someone fairly ignorant of the Wii and the Wiimote, can someone put me straight on this?

All the accessories I've seen, such as the golf club, steering wheel, tennis racquet etc, they're just bits of plastic shaped to help you imagine more easily you're doing what is happening on screen right?

The actual actions are not affected by these addons? Or am I wrong?

Seems to me they're just selling dollar lumps of plastic for lots of dollars is all.

Note I'm not knocking the Wii, just the plastic addons and the people queuing up to buy them, IF I'm right about my assumptions.

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
This is the most fail produced by nintendo yet (and that's saying something) and also the most hilarious series of youtube videos.

Lonko

Jun 3, 2009
SenseOfTumour said:
As someone fairly ignorant of the Wii and the Wiimote, can someone put me straight on this?

All the accessories I've seen, such as the golf club, steering wheel, tennis racquet etc, they're just bits of plastic shaped to help you imagine more easily you're doing what is happening on screen right?

The actual actions are not affected by these addons? Or am I wrong?

Seems to me they're just selling dollar lumps of plastic for lots of dollars is all.

Note I'm not knocking the Wii, just the plastic addons and the people queuing up to buy them, IF I'm right about my assumptions.
They're all just shells designed to cash in on those lacking the imagination to pretend that it's a real thing. So yeah, lumps of plastic for the most part.

Tales of Golden Sun

Dec 18, 2008
Khell_Sennet said:
The only thing that could be more retarded than this, would be WiiDarts.
Or WiiSoccerBall.

'You put the WiiMote inside the soccer ball and put it in front of you, for the most realistic Wii soccer moments ever!'

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
WiiNinjaDeathStars.

Exclusively for Ninja Gaiden.

Made out of soft, light plastic pieces. Covered in hardened chemically diamond.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Wait, weren't the original wii remotes infamous for the straps breaking and flying off into a tv or someone's face?

This is going to be most epic fail.