The Wild Life - Cinematic Excrement, Part Two

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
The Wild Life - Cinematic Excrement, Part Two

The Wild Life would be the worst animated movie of the year in most years. But 2016 is not most years.

Read Full Article

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Saw a preview of this and thought instantly this was gonna be shit.

Glad I was right.

UltraDeth

Nov 2, 2010
I went to look up the voice cast on this sludge and found Yuri Lowenthal, [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuri_Lowenthal] a man I have much respect for is the voice of Crusoe.

He deserved infinitely better.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
If it's any comfort at all, we've had Kubo and the Two Strings, Zootopia, Finding Dory and Sausage Party this year. And I'm crossing my fingers for Moana.

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
Why on EARTH is Yuri Lowenthal in this hot mess?! He's one of the most well known and prolific voice actors in the industry today, voicing countless characters that so many people recognize! Why the SHIT is he in this disaster of a cinematic release?!

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Ryallen said:
Why on EARTH is Yuri Lowenthal in this hot mess?! He's one of the most well known and prolific voice actors in the industry today, voicing countless characters that so many people recognize! Why the SHIT is he in this disaster of a cinematic release?!
Maybe he likes money?

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
Vern said:
Ryallen said:
Maybe he likes money?
There can not be enough money in the WORLD to make someone agree to this sort of movie.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
SKBPinkie said:
Marter said:
Redlin5 said:
Marter confirmed for hating Children Movies. ;)
I know you're just poking fun, but, like, Kubo was three weeks ago!
Also - Zootopia was an absolute masterpiece.
Well, yeah! But that was months ago so I could understand the collective memory of the internet forgetting about it.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
I can't believe just how bad Yuri Lowenthal sounded as Crusoe, he sounded even less invested in his role than Dinklage did in Destiny. Then again if I had to star in that piece of toxic waste I doubt I'd be happy about it either

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Ldude893 said:
If it's any comfort at all, we've had Kubo and the Two Strings, Zootopia, Finding Dory and Sausage Party this year. And I'm crossing my fingers for Moana.
It's also the year that gave us The Angry Birds Movie. :(

Still, Peanuts was good (released in 2016 over here), and Kung Fu Panda 3 was decent, so there's that I guess.

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
It's likely that the first thing you'll take away from even just the trailer for The Wild Life is the hideous animation and art style. There's a serious lack of polish and detail on every single aspect of the animation
Interesting. I completely agree that the trailer does nothing to make anyone in their right mind expect this to be any good in terms of story or comedy, but I wouldn't say the animation looks bad. It looks pretty decent - certainly not in Norm of the North territory. Just as good as Sausage Party, for example. Decent visual scope, ok characters, even a relatively impressive storm at sea.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
But is it still funnier that Paul Blart 2?
Anyhow, some box blurb; Like Norm of the north meets angry birds! In a drunken high speed collision. Leaving no survivors.

I guess you could say here that they were "robbing some career soul." Ahaha! Sorry. Tumbleweed

Why do I smell tax loopholes?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Marter said:
Redlin5 said:
Marter confirmed for hating Children Movies. ;)
I know you're just poking fun, but, like, Kubo was three weeks ago!
Speaking of:

The Wild Life outperformed Kubo at the box office this weekend. There is no justice.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Speaking of:

The Wild Life outperformed Kubo at the box office this weekend. There is no justice.
Sure, but it was Kubo's fourth week, and it's close enough that once the actuals come out - we're still working with estimates - Kubo might still win.

Borty The Bort

Jul 23, 2016
Why did you mention Norm of the North? I just looked the trailer up on Youtube,and now I'm considering jumping off a bridge.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Marter said:
lacktheknack said:
Speaking of:

Sure, but it was Kubo's fourth week, and it's close enough that once the actuals come out - we're still working with estimates - Kubo might still win.
We hope. :(