The Winter Steam Sale 2015 thread.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
Mr.Mattress said:
Due to the fact it was only 99 cents, I bought Episode One of the new King's Quest. However, I'm not going to play it until Christmas Eve.
Heyyyy that's what I did! Only, like, a day ago and I have it for my xbox, I just got it for PC so I could take a bunch of fancy screenshots. Hahahahaaaaa [Did you like it?]

OT: Other than that, I haven't gotten anything else... my PC's been like "oh man I'm so full for some reason I can't play these games!" and I'm like "oh c'mon quit being a pansy, we want ALL the games" buuuut my wallet's over in the corner like "dude bro I'm starving over here don't give my food away to the valvE gods, man" so I'm probably gonna pass this year. I mean, except for the aforementioned KQ ep. 1 which was a whole dollar. To quote Christopher Lloyd from the same game "I walked into Steam with my last coin; whichever path I chose in pursuit of a game had to be cheap" or... words to that effect.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Dang you TC!!! You made me look! I just spent $8.99 on the Mount and Blade collection. My wife is going to kill me and it is all your fault! :)

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
Barda236 said:
Sooo... This was my first time checking out the steam winter sale. I was just gonna buy three games. I spent over $80 on:
-Broken Sword 5: because I remember playing the 3rd one as a kid and enjoying it.
-Final Fantasy 4: mostly for nostalgia reasons. Was going to get 6, but the port looks awful.
-Darkest Dungeon: To scratch that dark, gritty, oldschool itch. Also just looks interesting.
-Hard west: Because I have always wanted to play deadlands, and this looks very much like a good "weird west" game.
-Sword Coast Legends: To scratch that Icewind Dale itch. I really need to play Pillars of eternity again.....
-The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky- Looks to have everything I used to like about JRPGs, so I figured I'd give it a shot, despite my disillusionment with the genre in recent years.

Really just looking for any decent RPGs I might have missed on my first trawl through the storefront.

Note: I am open to suggestions, though at this point, my wallet might not be. ;)
Breath of Death VII + Chtulhu Saves the World = 33 cents (or a little more or less, depending on your country)

These are two retro console style RPGs with a sense of humour and fast-paced turn-based battle systems.

Costume Quest = 99 cents

A fun little game set during Halloween with a battle system inspired by the Mario RPG games.

Saturday Morning RPG = 93 cents

An episodic (you get everything for those 93 cents and updates are free) RPG/lovesong to childhoods of the eighties.

If you're up for some more wallet friendly nostalgia, I recommend checking the 'RPG Maker' tag. With discounts, these games are often just a few bucks, some won't cost you more than 50 cents.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Now I've got Blood Bowl 2 and the current two race DLC for it. As well as they three DLC packs I was missing for Endless Legends. I swear I usually spend more money on DLC than actual full games. Can't pass up really cheap content though.

Still eyeballing GTA V though. My only purpose would be to mod it, so thirty-five dollars might be a little to pricey for that.

Mudman1234

Dec 25, 2015
I've gotten Fable Anniversary and The Witcher. Not really all that impressed or excited over the sales this year.

Here Comes Tomorrow

Jan 7, 2009
Styx: Master of Shadow and Sunless Sea.

Wanted Styx for a while but was waiting for a good discount. I aquired Sunless Sea via another method and liked it enough to buy it. I really like it, I don't know why more people don't talk about it.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
I got Game of Thrones (Telltale), Wolfenstein: The New Order and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.

Before that it had actually been almost an entire year since I bought any games at all. My resistance to sales has leveled up. Also did wonders for my back log.

Vancleef

Jul 6, 2010
I bought Tales from the Borderlands. Been wanting to play it for a while now, so decided to just finally buy it.
I'm considering buying some more games. Heard a lot of good things about Grim Fandango, so might get that. Although I've heard some bad things about the quality of the remaster.

Pillars of Eternity seems interesting too, but I'm kind of bogged down with lengthy RPG's at the moment, so we'll see.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
Nothing. Might have bought Shadow of Mordor if it had been -75% instead of -66%.
Same for Valkyria Chronicles maybe.

TheMigrantSoldier

Nov 12, 2010
Ultimate General: Gettysburg. For a Total War fan like me, it's a nice slice of armchair general pie. I believe one of its creators was a big modder for Total War games back in the day.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
TheMigrantSoldier said:
Ultimate General: Gettysburg. For a Total War fan like me, it's a nice slice of armchair general pie. I believe one of its creators was a big modder for Total War games back in the day.
yeah he made the "darth" series of mods of total war