The Wishlist: Zombie Tarot Deck

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Between this and that top 5 thing, it's like the escapist has been taken over by Spike TV.

beefpelican

Apr 15, 2009
It would be nice if this ended up being a space for in depth reviews of board games and card games. I don't really feel like it will though.

beefpelican

Apr 15, 2009
Cookiegerard said:
Formica Archonis said:
Cookiegerard said:
Huh, I actually have the Zombie Tarot deck. It is good, really good as I am fascinated by tarot decks,
I've got three myself for similar reasons. (Actually first was a gift because I loved snarking at the TV tarot/psychic commercials that came in the wake of Miss Cleo. Someone got me one after a comment I made about knowing more about how tarot symbolism works than the so-called "masters" did.)
I've got the zombie one, the Dishonoured one, though it is really made for some rubbish game you are meant to be able to play with it, a proper set and a mini set. It is a fascinating idea, though I wouldn't call myself a believer in it.
Do you have the Edward Gorey one? It's set up so that your future is certain to be bleak, or at least uncomfortable.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Wow, a zombie related gag product that doesn't look incredibly stupid, I like. If I wasn't ridiculously poor I could actually see buying this.

Ashley Esqueda

Jan 15, 2013
beefpelican said:
It would be nice if this ended up being a space for in depth reviews of board games and card games. I don't really feel like it will though.
Do you have anything particular in mind? I'm happy to check out pretty much anything that's fun and cool. I don't know how in depth it would be, since The Wishlist is made to be kind of a little bite of a product, but I actually do really love board games and would love to get into tabletop more.

Ashley Esqueda

Jan 15, 2013
Caramel Frappe said:
rhizhim said:
Caramel Frappe said:
She mentioned The Walking Dead .. assuming she's talking about the game then you're awesome.
If she meant the show, it's alright but you're still a great person for having nice taste :}
why not assume she was talking about the comic book series?
To my knowledge, people mostly just talk about the show or the game especially.
Not dissing the comics, just the comics are only mentioned when people compare certain events/characters to the show or game provided.
I have read some (but not all) of the comic -- it's an expensive habit, that comic series!
I played the game, and it was actually my Game of the Year for mobile when I was writing for G4.
I also watch the TV show and enjoy it very much. But I hate Andrea. A lot.

beefpelican

Apr 15, 2009
Ashley Esqueda said:
beefpelican said:
Do you have anything particular in mind? I'm happy to check out pretty much anything that's fun and cool. I don't know how in depth it would be, since The Wishlist is made to be kind of a little bite of a product, but I actually do really love board games and would love to get into tabletop more.
Well, the best board game I've ever played is Betrayal at the House on the Hill. It plays like a gothic horror tabletop adventure without needing a GM and is a new experience every time you play. However, if someone else were to purchase it, I'd want to warn them that it takes a decent amount of time and needs a large group of people playing to really be fun. So if you do include board and card games, I think it is important to mention the pros and the cons, so people know what they're getting in to.

Best of luck with the series!

Ashley Esqueda

Jan 15, 2013
beefpelican said:
Well, the best board game I've ever played is Betrayal at the House on the Hill.
Duly noted in my list o' things~

I have a card game in the works, so as soon as I can work out the production on it (how to shoot the cards and a game in session), I'll start looking closely at board games and more tabletop stuff.

You guys are awesome! I've already gotten messages with suggestions, and they're so different and cool. Really looking forward to seeing what YOU guys turn up as the show goes on. Because really, it's about finding things you guys and gals will enjoy.

_a