pilar

Jul 7, 2014
Charcharo said:
pilar said:
Charcharo said:
pilar said:
Charcharo said:
pilar said:
I havent even heard of those games (well I know of a Dark Souls 1 and 2). I dont think there is too much of a competition as they seem to be quite different games. In other words, a decent portion of Witcher fans would STILL just get Witcher 3 anyway.
You're right, these games couldn't be further apart; but they will be HEAVILY marketed.
It just feels like we've had about five Medieval-type AAA fantasies released in the past year and a half--and you can basically create Geralt in all of them.
Their marketing is useless in my case. I am not a rich person to play consoles.

Still, for me (and probably MOST of the Witcher fans), that does not matter. Witcher 3 has one GIGANTIC pro those other games do not:
It is the end of a book AND game series.
That last comment is inadvertently funny to me because it's not complete.
"It's the end of a book AND a game series that no one played outside of a 360 release for its sequel and a badly optimized launch title on PC.

This isn't Metal Gear Solid. Not many are invested in this series. This game will relaunch the franchise. I don't see a point in Warner Bros picking up an IP if it's finished and done after the first game. The only reason Warner Bros picked it up is because of Dragon Age and Skyrim. There's money to made in this genre; and we'll see how Witcher 3 stacks up as an open world game.
Not many :p ...
For a book series in Poland, it is quite a bit mate. Nor does it seem as if there will be more games AFTER it.

I am telling it as I see it from my perspective. Those games you mentioned may be great. They may be the best games ever made (doubt it). They may even have had a PC version (never will buy em otherwise). That honestly does not matter at all. In a choice between them and TW3, I would pick TW3. It is much more important to me that those other games.

We can only hope it is a good game though. Then again, no one has matched STALKER in open world yet so yeah :p . I can keep on dreaming...
All four Metal Gear Solid games has a 94 or higher on Metacritic. That's pretty hard to do.

I'm sure Witcher 3 will be a great game; but will it be different enough to distinguish itself among the other half-dozen mainstream AAA medieval fantasies?

pilar

Jul 7, 2014
Charcharo said:
pilar said:
Charcharo said:
pilar said:
Charcharo said:
pilar said:
Charcharo said:
pilar said:
I havent even heard of those games (well I know of a Dark Souls 1 and 2). I dont think there is too much of a competition as they seem to be quite different games. In other words, a decent portion of Witcher fans would STILL just get Witcher 3 anyway.
You're right, these games couldn't be further apart; but they will be HEAVILY marketed.
It just feels like we've had about five Medieval-type AAA fantasies released in the past year and a half--and you can basically create Geralt in all of them.
Their marketing is useless in my case. I am not a rich person to play consoles.

Still, for me (and probably MOST of the Witcher fans), that does not matter. Witcher 3 has one GIGANTIC pro those other games do not:
It is the end of a book AND game series.
That last comment is inadvertently funny to me because it's not complete.
"It's the end of a book AND a game series that no one played outside of a 360 release for its sequel and a badly optimized launch title on PC.

This isn't Metal Gear Solid. Not many are invested in this series. This game will relaunch the franchise. I don't see a point in Warner Bros picking up an IP if it's finished and done after the first game. The only reason Warner Bros picked it up is because of Dragon Age and Skyrim. There's money to made in this genre; and we'll see how Witcher 3 stacks up as an open world game.
Not many :p ...
For a book series in Poland, it is quite a bit mate. Nor does it seem as if there will be more games AFTER it.

I am telling it as I see it from my perspective. Those games you mentioned may be great. They may be the best games ever made (doubt it). They may even have had a PC version (never will buy em otherwise). That honestly does not matter at all. In a choice between them and TW3, I would pick TW3. It is much more important to me that those other games.

We can only hope it is a good game though. Then again, no one has matched STALKER in open world yet so yeah :p . I can keep on dreaming...
All four Metal Gear Solid games has a 94 or higher on Metacritic. That's pretty hard to do.

I'm sure Witcher 3 will be a great game; but will it be different enough to distinguish itself among the other half-dozen mainstream AAA medieval fantasies?
How much it has on Metacritic has 0 bearing on me :p ...

IMHO it already is different then those medieval RPGs you talk about. From the way it looks, to the mythology it is based on, to the fact it is based on books :p
MGS: Phantom Pain will launch on Steam; and yet I know more about that game than Witcher 3, which is strange given the ambitious scope of these developers.

Books don't guarantee success in movies or games either. Shadow of Mordor had to go way off the Tolkien way to be successful.

XDSkyFreak

Mar 2, 2013
pilar said:
There's just no way they could have competed against Bloodborne & The Order--and that's just the Playstation. January & February are loaded with console exclusives--and they're new IPs, too. And then Dark Souls 3 comes in out April, I think.

They need this game in an isolated period.
Ummm let's see ... Bloodborne a PS 4 only title with witcher's main fanbase beeing on the pc and The Order yet another PS 4 exclusive third person steampunk shooter ... Yeah. You my friend are talking out of your ass. None of those titles are a competition for Witcher 3. Both of them are silly little "let's cut off 2 thirds of our own sales" exclusives that will compete among themselves for the money of dirty PS 4 plebs and when inevitably they fail to make enough money back they will get ported over to the glorious PC, while Witcher 3 is a glorious game made for the Master-Race that some lucky plebs on the XBONE and PS 4 can also enjoy in a downgraded format for their pitifull toy machines. Your post just goes to prove that you are a PS 4 pleb and will never enjoy the true glory of witcher 3 no matter when it will launch.

Ok, snark aside, CD take all the time you need. Gives me more time to get my rig ready for this beast.

pilar

Jul 7, 2014
XDSkyFreak said:
pilar said:
There's just no way they could have competed against Bloodborne & The Order--and that's just the Playstation. January & February are loaded with console exclusives--and they're new IPs, too. And then Dark Souls 3 comes in out April, I think.

They need this game in an isolated period.
Ummm let's see ... Bloodborne a PS 4 only title with witcher's main fanbase beeing on the pc and The Order yet another PS 4 exclusive third person steampunk shooter ... Yeah. You my friend are talking out of your ass. None of those titles are a competition for Witcher 3. Both of them are silly little "let's cut off 2 thirds of our own sales" exclusives that will compete among themselves for the money of dirty PS 4 plebs and when inevitably they fail to make enough money back they will get ported over to the glorious PC, while Witcher 3 is a glorious game made for the Master-Race that some lucky plebs on the XBONE and PS 4 can also enjoy in a downgraded format for their pitifull toy machines. Your post just goes to prove that you are a PS 4 pleb and will never enjoy the true glory of witcher 3 no matter when it will launch.

Ok, snark aside, CD take all the time you need. Gives me more time to get my rig ready for this beast.
[HEADING=1]CD Project is lying to you[/HEADING]
They're game is ready, but they will not launch alongside these exclusive AAA. It's why Ubisoft held Watchdogs back from the GTA V release last year. They were working on bugs, remember; didn't seem to help that game any. I could see your point if it was a six months delay, but the timing is too close; and THERE'S NOTHING BIG COMING OUT IN MAY ALONGSIDE WITCHER 3. Connect the dots if you will.

The Xbox One will be running TW3 at the PC High settings anyhow, so your current setup should run perfectly if all it has to do is compete against a supercharged APU (but you probably don't know what this either).

And I'm more hyped for Bloodborne and Uncharted and Order 1886 than Witcher 3. It's mostly because 3rd party publishers are too afraid to launch anything but an open world title these days. I'm tired of that genre, of dark fantasies, of white haired wizards, and repetitive side quests.