The Witcher 3: Freedom

shadowmagus

Feb 2, 2011
The biggest narrative drawback to the games is that you've spent two games with Triss in your corner. While Geralt had amnesia in the first game, and was actively looking for Yennifer in the second, we had no time to create feelings towards her. The disconnect, for me, comes in where I don't feel was Geralt feels. I like Triss.

That and red hair > all

ekrolo2

Oct 15, 2013
Charcharo said:
shadowmagus said:
The biggest narrative drawback to the games is that you've spent two games with Triss in your corner. While Geralt had amnesia in the first game, and was actively looking for Yennifer in the second, we had no time to create feelings towards her. The disconnect, for me, comes in where I don't feel was Geralt feels. I like Triss.

That and red hair > all
We had 7 books with Yennefer. Triss was a big character in 2 only.
So she has a lead.

Violet eyes> all

:p
Most gamers haven't read the books and have only played the games, but as someone who did read some of the books they don't exactly make Yennefer likable at all. She's kind of a *****.

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
shadowmagus said:

That and red hair > all
First game I had Shani. Was quite the disconnect for Game 2.

Also, I slept with Yen on the unicorn, but I now regret it. I hope I can ditch her later. I already confessed Triss my love.
I even ditched the Skellige warrior woman.

Spushkin

Nov 2, 2011
Shani ftw.

I was moved when she sent Geralt the letter about how he'd be a great dad to their demon-possessed step-child.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Zhukov said:
Except Triss's voice sounds like it just staggered drunkenly out of a college dorm.

I keep waiting for her to say, "Like, omigawd, totally not cool!"
Yeah, I know, but still... redheads man.

And speaking of voice acting... Anyone know who did the voice for Keira Metz? Because she sounds extremely familiar.
Sigmund Av Volsung said:
Or Roach will appear and fuck things up.
What are you talking about, Roach is the boss. What other game horse would just randomly stick its head inbetween two characters during a cutscene conversation? That horse has zero fucks to give about drama -- you gotta respect that.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
So i'm guessing either two things...

1) Player attempts to kiss her, but instead the prompt makes him jump off the balcony & die.
2) He purposely avoided kissing her because screw that, i'd choose to die instead.

Last panel wasn't fully clear lol.
That's how it goes sometimes in this strip. They make jokes that only the players of the game they're covering will get.
That said, showing Geralt instantly die from a 1 story drop would have been a better punchline.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Casual Shinji said:
What are you talking about, Roach is the boss. What other game horse would just randomly stick its head inbetween two characters during a cutscene conversation? That horse has zero fucks to give about drama -- you gotta respect that.
You name a horse "Roach", don't expect a lot of respect. 'S all I'm sayin'.

ForumSafari

Sep 25, 2012
Jandau said:
Never much cared for Yennefer, even in the books. Always found Triss more interesting, and in the canon of the games she is the central love interest, so that black haired harpy can go take a walk through a magical portal to Fuckoffistan as far as I'm concerned. I'm just hoping the game will let me drop her bitchy arse at some point...
That's exactly the way I felt about it, all I wanted to do was shack up with Triss, then I told her I didn't know how Yen was and for some reason the game interpreted that as Geralt being caught up in her mystique (rather than her NOT TELLING ME A GOD DAMN THING) and Triss thought things were over now Yen is back.

Casual Shinji said:
What other game horse would just randomly stick its head inbetween two characters during a cutscene conversation? That horse has zero fucks to give about drama -- you gotta respect that.
My best cutscene photobomb so far was a toll bridge where two people were stopping me and only one was involved in the conversation. During the tense negotiations approximately ten Drowners casually walked between Geralt and the other guy, utterly murderised the bystander and then ran away as fast as they could as soon as the conversation ended.

I'm not even mad, it was great.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
ForumSafari said:
That's exactly the way I felt about it, all I wanted to do was shack up with Triss, then I told her I didn't know how Yen was and for some reason the game interpreted that as Geralt being caught up in her mystique (rather than her NOT TELLING ME A GOD DAMN THING) and Triss thought things were over now Yen is back.
Hmmm? You don't lock into one relationship as easy as that. Geralt and Triss broke of before, after Witcher 2 and before Witcher 3, because Geralt got all his memory back at the end of Witcher 2 and remembered Yennefer basically. So that's not because of that one dialogue answer. You can still get back together with her.
Just one tipp: Don't try to date both Yennefer and Triss both.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
Zhukov said:
Except Triss's voice sounds like it just staggered drunkenly out of a college dorm.

I keep waiting for her to say, "Like, omigawd, totally not cool!"
Yeah, I know, but still... redheads man.

And speaking of voice acting... Anyone know who did the voice for Keira Metz? Because she sounds extremely familiar.
Sigmund Av Volsung said:
Or Roach will appear and fuck things up.
I'll respect him when he stops cockblocking Geralt from mai waifus.

Don't need to see a horse's arse when I'm chatting up Triss goddammit.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
Really? You guys missed the joke?

Go and read the OP too. That should help it.

If it doesn't, here: [link]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfblUSCaAQk[/link]

JUMP AROUND!

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
ekrolo2 said:
We had 7 books with Yennefer. Triss was a big character in 2 only.
So she has a lead.

Violet eyes> all

:p
Most gamers haven't read the books and have only played the games, but as someone who did read some of the books they don't exactly make Yennefer likable at all. She's kind of a *****.[/quote]

Haha! That's funny I just jumped into the Witcher story line now never played any of the other games or read the books I just met Yennefer about an hour ago and I said the same thing, she's kinda a *****. But then again I'm a big fan of Bulma Briefs so Bitchy isn't much of a problem for me XD

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Yeah! Hit it and quit it, brother!!!! I mean... woooo! We can finally jump!

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Skatologist said:
Pack it up, pack it in
Let me begin
I came to win
Battle me that's a sin
[link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfblUSCaAQk]
I won't ever slack up,
Punk you better act up
Try and play the role
and yo the whole crew will act up[/link]
Get up, stand up, (Come on!)
Come on throw your hands up,
If you've got the feeling,
Jump across the ceiling

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
I say we continue this until we get the full lyrics in this thread (unless the mods put a stop to it)
Zombie_Fish said:
Skatologist said:
Pack it up, pack it in
Let me begin
I came to win
Battle me that's a sin
[link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfblUSCaAQk]
I won't ever slack up,
Punk you better act up
Try and play the role
and yo the whole crew will act up[/link]
Get up, stand up, (Come on!)