The World of Osvar (Sign-up: Open)

InkBlot Royalist

Sep 13, 2011
Looks like an inteaguing mix of characters! Looking forward to getting started, when are you planning that to be by the way? And I concur, Demons make everything more interesting!

world_of_dragons

Mar 20, 2009
Hm, I think I'll have to edit Ardoris' history a bit because if this is a medieval rp, then Ardoris shouldn't have been 'in stasis' for that long.

eternal-chaplain

Mar 17, 2010
2ndblackjedi said:
I was trying to think of a character for this RP for a while now. I really wanted to give it a go.
I'm glad we have a fighter on board! And I suppose now I have the liberty to put dragons into the game...

world_of_dragons said:
I'll give it a try, don't know how long and how much I can contribute though
Well whenever you decide to leave the others can expect a tragic cave-in or something like that. :3
Still, it is great to finally see some good-guy characters emerge: this game will certainly be factious!
By the way, thank you for including the CG of your character; is that a Second Life sona? I have been told that is the best way to make them yourself.

InkBlot Royalist said:
Looks like an inteaguing mix of characters! Looking forward to getting started, when are you planning that to be by the way?
Right now, the game is scheduled to begin on the First of February.

2ndblackjedi

Sep 12, 2008
Eternal-Chaplain said:
2ndblackjedi said:
I was trying to think of a character for this RP for a while now. I really wanted to give it a go.
I'm glad we have a fighter on board! And I suppose now I have the liberty to put dragons into the game...
I didn't know if I show ask if dragons were part of the game or not so I just went ahead with it. xD looks like it turned out pretty well for everyone.

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
Finally got round to doing this shiiiit.

Player Name: Tips of Fingers

Character Name: Sultar Winneke (often referred to as just Winneke)

Race: Human

Alignment: No discernable alignment but I guess he'd be considered chaotic neutral. (Even though there are loads of those already). Winneke's alignment depends upon his mood.

Appearance: Winneke is about 6ft tall, medium build with a slightly round stomach. He has longish, light brown hair and a bushy light brown moustache. The rest of his face is covered in what could be estimated as a weeks-worth of stubble. His eyes are green and often hold a vacant or deranged look.

I generally don't like to provide pictures with my sheets but I think it's important to convey exactly how mad this man looks:

Obviously just th eface, not the clothes.

Winneke wears a dirty, faded red ringmaster's jacket over a simple, white cotton shirt. His black breeches are ripped and soiled, tucked inside his high, downturned black boots.

Personality: Winneke is unpredictable. His mind is a whirlwind of incomprehensible thoughts and emotions, all of which he believes to be completely meaningless in a world that doesn't care about anything. He is, to put it simply, insane.

Sometimes there are moments of calm in Winneke's mind, whereby he can express himself optimistically, but these are a rare occurrence and he is usually surly, pessimistic and self-degrading.

Profession: Ex-Ringmaster/leader of a travelling menagerie and circus. Currently a vagrant.

Strengths: Winneke has a incredible grasp on illusion magics. He highly trained with his weapon of choice, the common whip. When in one of his clearer states of mind, Winneke can also be a highly influential leader and public speaker.

Weaknesses: Winneke's state of mind is a major weakness. He is incredibly unpredictable and due to extensive use of illusion magics, often has trouble comprehending what's real. Winneke's general pessimistic and self-destructive outlook on life often scares people away, making finding help for anything almost impossible at times.

Call To Adventure: There is no discernible reason why Winneke is here. Maybe there's an underlying desire to find meaning in an otherwise meaningless existence...but he doubts it very much.

History: (I've decided to do a brief history from Winneke's own persective)

Nothing matters. At all. The world cares not a jot about you or anything that happens on its surface. The world just is. Why can't we just be? Why do we have to inject meaning into our lives, inject meaning into an existence that has no significance? Our hopes, our dreams, our aspirations are all meaningless. The only thing to be expected is the failure of all things.

I was once the wealthy ringmaster of the biggest and most successful menagerie in the entire world. We were constantly travelling, constantly putting on shows to an audience of ever-increasing insignificance. No one cared. They didn't see the majesty of what I had created, what I had achieved in my short, little life. They were merely entertained. Eventually, I stopped caring.

I can't pinpoint the exact moment everything failed, but something inside me just vanished. Or maybe it's still there; hidden or hiding from me behind the illusions that I have spent my entire life perfecting. I am aware that not everything I experience is real life...but then again, what is real life? The person you spoke to the other day is never going to be the person you think they are. You can't truly know someone. But you also can't truly know yourself. And you know what? Who cares? It doesn't matter. It's irrelevant.

I spend my days wandering from town to town, buying what little food I can, stealing the rest. Sometimes, if I feel up to it, I will make some money. Small illusions for kids, bigger spells in the town square. Often I'll just throw the money away, shrugging at the incredulous faces. No one understands, and it bothers them. I no longer understand why. But it doesn't bother me.

I simply exist. Without fears, desires, aspirations or the ability to care, nothing can stop me. But that doesn't matter either, because I have no plans, I'm going nowhere. Just waiting for the failure of all things.

Inventory: A very long, leather whip. A few scraps of food and a canteen of water. Winneke also carries a small notebook, an item that he once treasured as the documentation of all that he had achieved, from spells mastered to places visited. He no longer treasures it and, in fact, has completely forgotten that it resides in the inside of his jacket pocket.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Player Name: ThreeWords

Character Name: Xander the Bright

Race: They say Xander has fey blood in her, but it would seem that she wears the body of man.

Alignment: Lawful Evil. This man is out to take the world for himself, and he intends to take it carefully, smoothly, and with the minimum bother, so that it's nice for when it belongs to him.

Appearance: Xander is lean in a sculpted, graceful way that seems to only exaggerate her great height. Her hair is long and blond, often tied back in a ponytail to keep it out of her truly beautiful face; her skin is flawless and her features perfect in proportion, matched by glittering eyes of indistinct colour. She wears many different cloths, but tries to keep to the colours of blue and silver. She is not above wearing armour, but prefers robes.
On her belt there hangs a great, shimmering sword, which she has been known to wield one-handed; implying a strength beyond that of mortal men.
Sometimes, she wears a great harness that she has made, providing her with a vast pair of quicksilver wings. HSe tries to keep these a secret

Personality: Xander's personality is one of her greatest weapons; as such she adapts it so much that she probably has no idea of it herself. She is charming, witty and benevolent, forever giving gifts and sharing her considerable wisdom. Beneath this she is calculating and devious, but this is rarely shown, save the rare slip when she will, for example, fail to show appropriate sympathy or remorse.

Profession: Wandering mystic; she travels the lands, being accepted as one of the great and good, laying the seeds of her power.

Strengths: Xander is stronger and faster than a mortal man, but she is no great warrior by many accounts. Her main strength is in support; she is a leader, tactician and healer, and above all and enchanter and artificer par excellence.
The artefacts she creates are a major source of her power, and she is equally able to create similar for other people.

Weaknesses: Being no great warrior, Xander cannot face down determined military resistance. She relies on trickery and magic to achieve her power, but against foes of her own calibre, she cannot not hold her own in a fight

Call To Adventure: Ambition. Xander has plans.

History: Xander the Bright has been around for a long, long time. The first stories concerning her are over two centuries old, and say that she was once a great enchantress, but one who focussed on the world, rather than the mind. She studied to making of devices and relics, and the functions of the human body and properties of the elements. Her studies took her far and wide, journeying back and forth across the lands, searching for the great secrets and rare materials.
At first she was jealous of her secrets and creations, keeping them form those who met her, and punishing those who dared to discover them. In time, though, she began to carefully select and accept apprentices, who invariably went with her on his travels.

For a while, she disappears from the stories, for so long that she is assumed to have died. A few decades later, she re-emerges, with no discipoles in tow. Now, she travels alone, little more than a wandering hermit. But wherever she goes, she poses tests to those of all walks of life, and those who prove worthy are given magical gifts; some are powerful, or of great utility, bestowing inhuman speed or the ability to become invisible, while others can be simply magical toys of impossible complexity.

Since her new emergence, her devices have come to be highly valued; a sword of her handiwork will never grow blunt, and will often sell for the price of small cities.

Please be warned, I have a vast capacity for inventive evil.

eternal-chaplain

Mar 17, 2010
Tips_of_Fingers said:
Finally got round to doing this shiiiit
This insanity, is strong enough to, say...make you hurt people? Sorry I am brainstorming ideas; my goal in designing the game is to often take advantage of others' weaknesses.

ThreeWords said:
Snip'd

Please be warned, I have a vast capacity for inventive evil.
Oh no to worry, for you see, I have recently acquired a certain tome. Namely the Book of Vile Darkness thus increasing my own capacity for evil.

I like the character by the way. :3

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
Eternal-Chaplain said:
Winneke's insanity isn't the traditional "I'm mad and will go on a rampage!" type of insanity. It's an insanity borne out of a deep-seated belief that nothing matters and, as a result, he has no feelings of remorse. To answer your question though, his belief that nothing matters and that everything is meaningless can cause him to hurt or kill people in order to achieve whatever arbitrary "plan" or "motive" is swimming in his head at the time.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Tips_of_Fingers said:
Eternal-Chaplain said:
Winneke's insanity isn't the traditional "I'm mad and will go on a rampage!" type of insanity. It's an insanity borne out of a deep-seated belief that nothing matters and, as a result, he has no feelings of remorse. To answer your question though, his belief that nothing matters and that everything is meaningless can cause him to hurt or kill people in order to achieve whatever arbitrary "plan" or "motive" is swimming in his head at the time.

Note: Post number 6000

Damaphon

Jan 18, 2012
If this is still open im very interested in joining

Player Name: Damaphon

Character Name: Dama

Race: Demi-God, The son of an unknown god that has left him with supernatural qualities and characteristics.

Alignment: Neutral

Appearance: Dama has the appearance of normal eighteen year old human, discernable features are his snow white hair and red markings under his Left eye. He seems to glow with a white aura but at the same time the air seems stale if you?re in his presence.

Personality: Dama comes across as calm and calculated, every word thought over before spoken and every action well thought out. This causes him to have a distachment from the world and it hard to form and sort of real relationship with anyone.

Profession: Royal Advisor

Strengths: Cellular regeneration, the only side effect of Damas relation to a god is his body regenerates at a incredible rate. This does not stop his nerves from sending signals of pain to his brain.

Weaknesses: No real fighting skill and no internal fight or flight impulse that tends to cause him to come out of a situation shattered and scared from the pain.

Call to Adventure: Answers

History: Dama was found in the middle of a smoking battlefield by the victorious army as they collected their dead, he was regarded as a gift from the gods and put on as a royal advisor for many years but never fully knowing who he was or where he is from Dama tried to leave his king and find answers only to find this whole time he had been more of a prisoner then a religious icon. Chewing off his own arm and using bone from his own hand as a weapon he managed his escape.

Wondering the wastes searching for information on his past Dama spent years alone in isolation Damas personality has left him very unpopular in almost all towns in Osvar. Standing by while whole families burn at the hands of bandits and cut throats, letting the cries of the poor and sick fall on deaf ears and turning a blind eye of all those in need. He continues to search for his mother or father and after all of these years of nothing the frustration has started to stretch his sanity thin.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
finished my character sheet, would have done it sooner but exam stuff got in the way but it is out of the way now.

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
Player Name: The Clown

Character Name: To Humans he is known as "Screwtape the Baron of Fate", "Balseraph Screwtape", "The Demon of Temptation", "The Father of Lies" or just Screwtape.

Race: Balseraph Demon

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Appearance: Screwtape's human form is that of a bland middle-aged human male, usually dressed in a bland grey suit, short grey hair combed to one side and seems to show next to no emotion other than a permanent look of boredom and depression. He can take many forms including his human form but his true form is slightly more daunting, a huge grey winged monstrosity, his huge smiling mouth filled with three layers of razor sharp teeth, each long finger adorned with a long curving claw. In this form he stands hunched, up straight he is nigh on nine foot tall.

Personality: His personality is simply that of corruption and trickery incarnate, caring not for anyone or anything save the meddling with the fate of humanity.

Profession: Baron of Fate.

Strengths: Manipulation, illusion, (whilst in Demon form): Flight, speed and strength.

Weaknesses: He is weak to little but what he is most susceptible to those who are strong of mind and pure of will, and physically he can outmatch almost any mortal but compared to other demons he is a weakling.

Call To Adventure: Mischief.

History: The Balseraph Screwtape was one of the first generation of diabolicals created after the Fall; like the Lilim, he has no personal experience of Heaven. Early on, he discovered an especial skill at dealing with humans and has been doing so ever since. He rose in the Demon Kings service, leading many mortals to their Fates, until at last, by sheer force of reputation, he achieved his title; The Demon King's bestowal of it on him was seen by many as merely a necessary formality.

Inventory: As a human he holds nothing but a briefcase, as a Demon he carries nought but his tomb in which he keeps his tally of souls led astray.

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
Urist said:
He can easily come off as obnoxious or crass when meeting new people.
Did you consciously choose to avoid the word "crabby"? That would have made this sheet even more hilarious. It's probably one of- if not THE - strangest character sheets I've ever seen lol. Nice work.

Cybele

Jun 7, 2010
A giant crab person. Does he walk on six legs?
I swear I'll have my character acquire a top hat, then find your character and make him wear it.