The World of Osvar (Sign-up: Open)

Cybele

Jun 7, 2010
Same here. Can't wait until the game starts. The little pre-game RP was lots of fun.

eternal-chaplain

Mar 17, 2010
SneeringCanuck said:
Sorry, but due to IRL delays my sheet is going to be further postponed 'till the 31st. Need to focus on my finals right now.
Fair enough; I just got my internet repaired, so a lot has been going on at the 'last minute.' :)

Viking Incognito said:
I hope everyone who signed up early on will still be interested.
Mhm, everything has been looking great; joining the user group keeps everything closely knit.

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
Eternal-Chaplain said:
Mhm, everything has been looking great; joining the user group keeps everything closely knit.
User Groups are always useful for player interaction. It means we can plan without cluttering the thread up with OOC. It helps makes things run a lot smoother, I find. Skype is also useful for quicker communication, as long as people are online. Have you considered considered it as an option?

eternal-chaplain

Mar 17, 2010
Tips_of_Fingers said:
Skype is also useful for quicker communication, as long as people are online. Have you considered considered it as an option?
I have tried using Skype before in my own time and found that webcams kind of freak me out, in the dog & vacuum cleaner sort of way... :3

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
Eternal-Chaplain said:
Tips_of_Fingers said:
Skype is also useful for quicker communication, as long as people are online. Have you considered considered it as an option?
I have tried using Skype before in my own time and found that webcams kind of freak me out, in the dog & vacuum cleaner sort of way... :3
Skype has an IM function too. Its what one of my other rps uses. (Didn't know about it either until then.)

Viking Incognito

Master Headsplitter
Nov 8, 2009
I'm just getting more and more impatient as we get closer. This is the first time I've played a character like this and I'm really anxious to see how it goes.

MortalKomic

Carmichael
Mar 5, 2011
If there is still time...

Player Name: Josh

Character Name: Timill of Jamestown.

Race: Human

Alignment: Good

Appearance: http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-01/art/ff11-bard.jpg

Personality: A troublemaker who is(to say the least) charming with the ladies(aren't ALL bards?). He is not a coward but will talk faster then he draws his sword.

Profession: Bard

Strengths: Smooth talker, good with knives, and fast on feet.

Weaknesses: Not too strong, greedy, and jealous prone

Call To Adventure: Looking for adventure, money, glory, and "other" pleasures of life.

History: An orphan, a street urchin to be more precise, at birth in Jamestown he never had a name. He barley lived, stealing food from bakeries and searching through trash for scraps. When the orphan was only 8, one day a bard was nearby and he was playing. The orphan was first astounded by the music but then saw all the money in his hat. He then was possessed to steal the gold. He ran up and almost snatched it but the bard snatched his hand. The bard stared at him for a long time until finally told him to come with him. The orphan and the bard traveled the world, the bard had essentially adopted him. The orphan grew through the years, learning all the tricks and trade his "father" had taught him. When the orphan was 12, they had traveled a lot. He had not been given a name yet. In fact he knew not of the bards. They always had called each other, "father" or "son". So the orphan asked and he told him Timill. The orphan was surprised by the exotic sounding name and took it for himself. In his later years he added "of Jamestown". By the time he was 22, his father had grown ill. As a last gift to his adopted son was a dagger that had been passed down the generations of his family. Timill of Jamestown is now 24 and is still traveling, although unlike his "father", he was going to find trouble in the future...

Inventory (Optional): A small dagger http://www.aceros-de-hispania.com/image/crossnar-dagger-katanas/crossnar-19068-dagger.jpg , and a hand crafted harp http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/images/h2/h2_50.184.1.jpg

MortalKomic

Carmichael
Mar 5, 2011
Woo! Sooo, I was wondering: when is this going to officially start? Also, will everyone be in a group?

eternal-chaplain

Mar 17, 2010
Joshua Leone said:
Woo! Sooo, I was wondering: when is this going to officially start? Also, will everyone be in a group?
Both reasonable questions:

The game is slated to start on February 1st; that being just a couple of days from now.

The grouping of characters is going to be rather hard to get at. Through the character sheets that have already been submitted, it is evident that we have men and women living in different corners of Osvar, so putting all the players into one group would prove unrealistic and moreover unmanageable. The plan is to group players living in close proximity together in parties. However, many players have no designated starting location, and they will most likely be scattered among villages according to character alignment.

Tips_of_Fingers

Jun 21, 2010
Eternal-Chaplain said:
Malyc said:
Skype has an IM function too. Its what one of my other rps uses. (Didn't know about it either until then.)
Hm, that I may look in to...
Yeah, I've never used it for videochat but the IM function is pretty good. Especially for group discussions.

MortalKomic

Carmichael
Mar 5, 2011
Oh, I forgot to ask, will this be combat focused(more or less) or more about just being in the world?

Odinsson

Jun 11, 2011
It's technically started I know, but would it be possible for one more? I don't blame you if you say no, but I just discovered the RP section and this one said it was still open

Player Name: Jakob

Character Name: Njall Flamehair

Race: Human

Alignment: Neutral

Appearance: Tall, red-haired. Claw scars down left cheek, left eye missing. Lean but muscular, like a wolf. Large jaw with close-cropped beard.

Personality: Gruff, cynical. Seen a lot of death in his time, so quite often resorts to gallows humor.

Profession: Raider/Pirate

Strengths: Good survival skills, good with a sword, great endurance

Weaknesses: Not the best with social interactions. Short-tempered

Call to Adventure: A greater calling

History: Njall was born amongst a raider tribe living on the frozen edge of the world. From a young age, he was forced to fend for himself against the beasts, elements, and other tribes that tore the landscape asunder with their feuding. Worshipping the gods of war and slaughter came naturally to him. On his 19th name-day, his tribe was massacred by another. Njall fled the scene, eventually arriving half-dead in more civilised lands. War and death is all that Njall has ever known, and he seeks to find a greater purpose than simply hewing the next neck that comes his way.

Inventory: A battle-scarred hand-and-a-half sword, practically made, with no decoration

eternal-chaplain

Mar 17, 2010
Odinsson said:
It's technically started I know, but would it be possible for one more? I don't blame you if you say no, but I just discovered the RP section and this one said it was still open
Bah, legalities get me at every turn!
But yeah, sure you can join; now allow to officially close this thread... X3