The worst actor working today

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
HardkorSB said:
Vin Diesel?
I mean, the guy can only play 1 character - Vin Diesel.
You better hope Diesel doesn't hear of this slander, lock your door just to be safe. Wait, who am I kidding, he'd just punch through your wall.

GenericAmerican

Dec 27, 2009
I don't pay very much attention to actors. .. but that girl from transformers . . .because, well do I really even need a reason?

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
How about Lindsey Lohan? Although I guess she's retired now.
Then maybe Ashton Kutcher.

runic knight

Mar 26, 2011
what would define a bad actor is someone who can not act well, who's performance is unbelievable and actively detracts from the movie they are in. People can say Cage or Schwarzenagger, yet in the movies they are usually a part of their acting fits the tone of the movies. They are by no means good actors, but they are far from the worse.
An actor that is typecast but can still display the role they are acting is also not a good choice here. Cera has a face I want to hit with a brick, but that alone does not make a bad actor. And in spite of it all, he can display believable emotions and fill the character role of a story well.

No, the only ones that really come to mind are the ones where the performance seems either utterly missing or are so off they dispel the illusion of the movie by how they are performed. Kristen Stewart for the former and Shia LeBeouf for the later. I suppose I could throw mention of the likes of Megan Fox, but I have only seen her in transformers myself and that is not a fair judge of her acting chops when the director's only guidance is "be eye candy"

YingDerpington

Apr 23, 2012
I am surprised no one has mentioned Chaning Tatum (The Vow, 21 Jump Street) or Chris Motherfucking Hensworth (Thor and Avengers... as Thor), everytime either of them open their mouth I just think: "Dear god please let them shut up for once!" Hensworth is an Australian and tries to make his accent into a Norwegian one that is god awful and made me ashamed to be Australian.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
The amount of awesomely hilarious Nicolas Cage videos in this thread delights me. How can anybody watch those and then come to the conclusion that "yeah man, this guy sucks"?!

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Sacha Baron Cohen
Adam Sandler
Ben Stiller

I really can't stand the movies that these guys do, and thats all they done. It seems like they do a different movie with the same jokes.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
I wanted to say Megan Fox, but then i remembered there was that other girl in Transformers 3 who magically managed to be SO. MUCH. WORSE. than her.

I think her name was Not-Megan-Fox...

Also, Parker Posey (Luthor's Girlfriend in Superman Returns and that irritating vampire chick in Blade 3)...everything about her annoys me.

Oh, and for anyone who said Will Ferrel: You might want to see Stranger Than Fiction.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Melanie McGreevey said:
I won't repeat as there are a LOT of people mentioned in this list i agree with... but for me.. it has to be Charlie Sheen.
And yet he's still famous and Emilio Estevez isn't. *sigh*

ToMegaTherion

Mar 22, 2009
Mark whalberg for me. The Happening is awesomly bad though. It's his role in Max Payne that makes me loathe him(not his fault I know, but seriously, Marky Mark as Max Payne?)

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
YingDerpington said:
I am surprised no one has mentioned Chaning Tatum (The Vow, 21 Jump Street) or Chris Motherfucking Hensworth (Thor and Avengers... as Thor), everytime either of them open their mouth I just think: "Dear god please let them shut up for once!" Hensworth is an Australian and tries to make his accent into a Norwegian one that is god awful and made me ashamed to be Australian.
I don't think you've heard many norwegian accents if you think Chris Hemsworth was going for one.... Anyway, he's a good actor from what I've seen. He was great in Thor. He has good screen presence and knows when to be larger than life and when less is more. I think he's got a good future ahead if he can take on a few cerebral roles.

I haven't seen enough of Tatum to have an opinion though.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Megan F***ing Fox! I hate that f****ng stupid qu*m! She'd be better s****** **** of r******** ********* and whoring herself out to ******* ****** **** *******!

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Megan Fox - is she even in anything anymore?

Kristen Stewart - you think she blinks a lot? take a shot of wiskey every time she bites her fucking lip. you will die of alcohol poisoning

Michael Cera - the only movie I've liked of his is Scott Pilgrim. For SOME reason thats the only movie where he decided to act. And thank god, because I love that movie.

Seth Rogen - FUCK YOU JUDE ATAPOW OR WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS. YOUR MOVIES ARE NOT FUNNY.

Shia La Beouf (but I did enjoy Indiana 4 and Transformers as mindless popcorn action flicks like they were meant to be - but only because robot fights and Harrison Ford, not for him)

Post-90s Adam Sandler

Mister Eff

Apr 11, 2009
I have a deep loathing for Adam Sandler. He's been in maybe two good movies? Ergh.

Jim Carrey as well. I thought he was excellent in Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but the rest of his work is garbage. Mr Popper's fucking penguins etc.

Eddie Murphy post 1995. Ergh. Needs to retire. Or time travel.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
saoirse13 said:
I see there is a lot of hate for Nic Cage. Well I'll only add to it slightly. I don't much like him. Especially after going to see Ghost Rider 2. (now that was a terribvle movie and terrible acting) I literally sat in th cinema laughing at inappropriate moments just because of the acting. That said, I do have to give him credit where credit is due. Match-stick Men was a good movie, Leaving Las Vegas and of course his best movie by far was 8mm.

I can-not stand Megan Fox, She just annoys the hell outta me.

Ray Liotta had literally only one mvie that his acting wasn't complete crap in and that was Goodfella's But granted that was probably because DeNiro and Pesci made the movie great.

Sharon Stone is a talentless annoying woman. And pretty much based the acting career on playing sluts. (sorry just my opinion)

Brad Pitt, god all that man ever does in movies is eat.

Calling Brad Pitt a bad actor because he eats in some films? Wow.

Pitt is actually quite a versatile actor. He's leagues and leagues above Fox, Liotta and so forth. He's no DeNiro or Harrison Ford, but he's a good actor nonetheless.

My worst actor is Jonah Hill. I can't think of an "actor" who is as bad. Only ones close are those like Shia LaBeouf, or Michael Cera, or John Travolta.

EDIT: Oh wait, Charlie Sheen. Someone kill him already. Worthless garbage who couldn't act to begin with. A blight on Martin Sheen's career.

As for women...Yeah, Megan Fox or that cretin from Twilight. One is just a plastic sack of shit with a pulse, and the other an expressionless mannequin.

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
DevilWithaHalo said:
axlryder said:
Cool, it's almost as it I called this response a mile away. Rebuttal to keep the thing going? Sure... Nicholas Cage sucks.
called it? Not at all. You called me too biased to impartially dissect your response. In reality I just tore it down without any need for twisting the facts to suit my own perspective. Feel free to keep deluding yourself into thinking your previous analysis of Cage is accurate though.