The worst actor working today

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
KafkaOffTheBeach said:
The only correct answer is Hayden Christensen.
I think he's pretty good in Shattered Glass, although that is arguably a role that was made for him. Considering his two most famous roles are in Star Wars and Jumper (neither of which give their actors much to work with in terms of dialogue), I'd say it's not all that easy to judge though.

RicoGrey

Oct 27, 2009
Axolotl said:
DevilWithaHalo said:
Axolotl said:
Or how about the one where he plays the Elvis-loving semi-psychotic convict that travels America with his girlfriend listening to rock music and being chased by the messed up assasins ever seen in a film.

You know, his good films.
Please tell me what film this is, cause it actually sounds pretty good.

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
Woodsey said:
KafkaOffTheBeach said:
The only correct answer is Hayden Christensen.
He's very good in Shattered Glass, although that is arguably a role that was made for him. Considering his two most famous roles are in Star Wars and Jumper (neither of which give their actors much to work with in terms of dialogue), I'd say it's not all that easy to judge though.
I think Shattered Glass was his only good film. Awake was absolutely atrocious. Mostly everything else he's played in has been really mediocre. He's not the worst, but aside from that one role I'd say he's pretty bad on average.

Ralen-Sharr

Feb 12, 2010
Aris Khandr said:
Will Farrell may be the least funny man on the planet. Annoying is not funny. Dear gods, someone stop him from making movies.

EDIT:
Dirty Hipsters said:
Michael Cera since he doesn't ACT in any of his movies, he always just plays himself.
Ugh. Can I pick two? I hate that guy. He has like the most punchable face I've ever seen. I'm not even a violent person, and I just want to pummel him. And his acting is awful, too.
I'll add a vote for Michael Cera on your behalf since you already said Will Farrell and I hate them both as well.

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
RicoGrey said:
Axolotl said:
Or how about the one where he plays the Elvis-loving semi-psychotic convict that travels America with his girlfriend listening to rock music and being chased by the messed up assasins ever seen in a film.

Wild at Heart by David Lynch, just be warned that while very good it's also very weird, not as weird as some of Lynch's other films but it's still all kinds of messed up.

Here's the opening just to give you an idea of what it's like:

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
RicoGrey said:
Axolotl said:
DevilWithaHalo said:
Axolotl said:

Wild at Heart.

captcha: Sonic Screw Driver. Badass.

Raika

Jul 31, 2011
It's a two-way tie between Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim. They're not just the worst actors of today. They're the two least talented human beings of all time.

Captcha: Attila the Hun

Probably better at acting than Tim and Eric.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
I generally don't like to hate on actors, since all they're doing is standing there reading lines and emoting. Most people could do it, and singling someone out is either more of an attack on the material or a biased dislike for the person standing there.

But.... I can't stand Andrew Garfield. I didn't like him in Red Riding 1974 and I REALLY didn't like him in Social Network. Something about the way he talks and his smug and arrogant disposition just seem so off putting. I'm still not sure if I hated the actor or the whiny, pointless character in Social Network. And Red Riding was just blandy mc bland bland predictable in every way.

He does seem to be a good choice for Spiderman, what with the nerdy smugness asshattery that the character does possess in a lot of his iterations.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
Kutcher, Shaia, Fox, and Mrs. Berry i'd say from the top of my mind.

Maybe there are worse, but those are the one that annoy me the most.

DVS Storm

Jul 13, 2009
Shia Lebouf and Megan Fox are first that come into mind. They are just so utterly terrible. Kinda funny that they are in those Transformers movies which are directed by Michael Bay who is one the shittiest directors I know.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is terrible, but in a funny way. I actually enjoy his films, since they are unintentionally funny.

I also don't like Ryan Reynolds. He is just so bland.

Oh and Taylor Lautner and Kirsten Stewart. Just horrible.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Steven Seagal. Sorry, Shia Lebouf, Nic Cage and even Schwartzniger have should at least some sort of talent for acting and had a least on good notable role that showed an understanding of drama.
Seagal has never shown any of this, he can't act and he can barely bloody fight (most of his movies now he has mostly stand-ins for most fight scenes). He's got all the emotion of a brick wall, if the brick wall was a fat, over bloated, sexist, racist, ego driven prick.

Hell even JCVD showed that he can act in at least one film (Look up JCVD), Statham has Lock Stock and Snatch, Sly Stallone has Rocky, First Blood and Copland... Seagal? Nothing...

As for female actresses. Catherine Heig. She did well in Knocked up then denounced the movie (she didn't get the character and thought it was sexist) then released and starred in her own movies where she has all the emotion as Steven Seagal only with added pretension.

Not sure how fair it is to hate on actors for playing themselves. Long as they do it well then what's the problem? Also, I've seen Hayden Christian pop up a few times. I don't really think that's fair. The most well known movie he was in was the prequel series that wasn't all that well written, the films had Liam Nielson, Ewan McGregor, Sam Jackson and Natalie Portman and even they could pull it off and make that movie any good. So I don't think it's fair to rule out Hayden on that one.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
I hate seeing that fatass kid with the curly hair who's in all those comedy movies. I'll also agree with the other sentiment expressed here that that Michael Cera dude is pretty gross.

Platypus540

May 11, 2011
axlryder said:
Platypus540 said:
Whoever played Anakin in Episode I and II. Oh god I hate him so much.
Jake Lloyd played him in Episode I. He actually sort of fell off the face of the earth after that. Hayden Christensen played him in Episode II and III. I recommend directing your seething hatred towards that individual (or just George Lucas).
I meant II and III, just typed it wrong. Thanks for pointing that out.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
rollerfox88 said:
Chemical Alia said:
I hate seeing that fatass kid with the curly hair who's in all those comedy movies. I'll also agree with the other sentiment expressed here that that Michael Cera dude is pretty gross.
I hope you mean Jonah Hill, and I agree.
I just googled the name and yep! That's him.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Clive Owen, what a bland and boring actor.
Kristen Stewart, so much stuff has been said about her in this thread and I don't really think I can add any more.
Paris Hilton, technically not an actor but the films she has been in have shown she should stay out the business.
Almost every single goddamn child actor ever!

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
I don't believe there is such a thing as a bad actor, just bad casting. Every actor could be great in one movie where they seem great. Almost every actor I've considered bad has surprised me at least once by being cast perfectly, or by acting differently to their usual one performance.

mrhappy1489

May 12, 2011
Aprilgold said:
Alright, here it goes.

The cast of Transformer's movies that played humans. No emotion.

The cast of Twilight. No emotion and terrible screen play doesn't help the fact that there is no emotion.

The Rock because everything he's in he's literally the same man. He can't do much but say how much he loves family values.

The man who plays Tony Stark. The point of Tony Stark was to be such a unlikable prick that when he got into the suit you either hope he crashes and dies or does something amazing to make up for being a prick, not be a prick all the fucking time.

Man who played Scott in Scott Pilgrim VS The World. I just kinda don't like his face and he plays whiny to realistically.

Vin Diesel, but hes the type of bad I like.

Thats all I can think of right now.
Robert Downey Jr, is a really good actor and I'm not actually a fanboy (that right is reserved for Sean Bean). While he might not have appeared in Iron Man as the greatest actor (I thought he did a great job), there is a whole filmography of fantastic films to choose from, he played the hell out of Charlie Chaplin. As for the other picks, can't say I disagree, though I don't hate Michael Cera like everyone else seems to, yes he plays roughly the same character, but when it works to it works.