The worst game of the year

])rStrangelove

Oct 25, 2011
Rage, without doubt. An overhyped corridor shooter with gameplay of the 90ies, so linear that after playing for 2 hours you've seen it all.

My tip: stay way and wait for Borderlands2.

Justice4L

Aug 24, 2011
Srkkl said:
Justice4L said:
Well it depends, if Battlefield 3 is patched it may be up there for GOTY.

If not, then by default it is the worst as it barely works.
Barely works? The worst that's happened to me is rubber banding every now and then but that usually fixes itself. They are working on server maintenance not bugs.

OT: Got to agree with Duke, that's the worst I've played.
When it rubber bands so much that I can't leave spawn then, yeah it barely works.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
For me personally... Dragon age 2 and Two Worlds 2 really duked (no pun in.. aww fuck it, sure, intend the pun) it out to see which would be the worst game between the two of them. I was honestly ready to pick either one of these gems, till I remembered "From Dust"

Ubisoft game, Lied about always on DRM, Committed the same atrocity that DA2 was guilty in of copy and paste content, and what was worst was, essentially the game was released unfinished.

That is the most regretted purchase of the year for me easily (well that ive played thus far.. my backlog is still pretty huge atm)

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
80Maxwell08 said:
Crocidurinae said:
Hyperdimension Neptunia for PS3.
Seriously.

Most boring turn by turn combat ever made, including the recent titles on the Atelier series, complete with stupidely huge arenas where you can't even see your party.
Horrible graphisms.
Horrible music.

Brink, DNF or Rage aren't even in the same league.

Brink was a letdown - poorly optimised, and came in a satured market against TF2, Call Of, Counter strike, etc, but it's not really THAT bad.
DNF was bad, but hey, at least there's the Duke in it.
Rage... well, as far as I know it's just a generic shooter poorly ported on PC, didn't play it.
DUDE. THANK. YOU.
I thought I was the only person on the entire Escapist who even knew its name. If I ever see you in real life (no I won't know its you and I don't know how I would anyway) then I will give you a hug then buy you lunch.
While I liked the setting, art design, and dialogue, the gameplay of Neptunia left a lot to be desired. And some of the jokes could have used a better setup.

Volothos

Dec 31, 2008
80Maxwell08 said:
Volothos said:
Worst game... uhm... fuck. I only got 4 new games this year and i haven't been disappointed.

Seeing a lot of brink hate though and that one Neptunia comment made me a little sad :'(
Wait how could that Neptunia comment make you sad unless......no. You can't possibly mean...you...LIKED IT?!?!?!?!?1?!!?!
Oh dear god what is wrong with you. I would suggest talking to a therapist very soon. I fear for your very sanity.
/sarcasm
Seriously though do you actually like that game? With every single infinitely horrid design choice they made? With the INCREDIBLY annoying main character? With the awful dialog and writing? With some of the ugliest graphics ever made? I can't wrap my head around how anyone likes it at all. I played the developer's last game Trinity Universe and while it would never get any awards from me I would only say its average but Hyperdimension Neptunia looks at every mistake in Trinity universe and makes each individual one exponentially worse. I honestly want to hear your counter argument since I still don't understand it at all.
Thats just mean... D: :p

Neptune was just adorable to me, i can't quite put my finger on it. The dialog was very humorous to me with little quips of the game industry sneaked in. I don't really care for graphics. While I do agree the combat and music can be repetitive i was able to look past it and enjoyed making comboes and such. The Game Disc system wasn't what i expected but still cool. I only had 2 big complaints: the ticket system needed work and you have to buy a pass to use Gust and Nisa in battle. At least you could recruit them >.>

Srkkl

Apr 1, 2009
Justice4L said:
Srkkl said:
Justice4L said:

Barely works? The worst that's happened to me is rubber banding every now and then but that usually fixes itself. They are working on server maintenance not bugs.

When it rubber bands so much that I can't leave spawn then, yeah it barely works.
I would have to agree. I've never experienced it that bad but I'd believe it if someone told me it happened to them.

Justice4L

Aug 24, 2011
Srkkl said:
Justice4L said:
Srkkl said:
Justice4L said:

I would have to agree. I've never experienced it that bad but I'd believe it if someone told me it happened to them.
DICE have sid that they are releasing patches for each system very soon, so hopefully this will be fixed.

BruntonJ

Sep 14, 2011
so true, it was the most pathetic game with a terrible Multi-player idea and it was just a poor looking game at that!!!

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Call of Juarez: The Cartel.

Horrible game with horrible characters and horrible messages. Just... terrible. It should not exist. But an extra point: it's pre-decessor, Bound in Blood was one of my favourite games when it came out.