The worst game of the year

Justice4L

Aug 24, 2011
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Justice4L said:
Well it depends, if Battlefield 3 is patched it may be up there for GOTY.

If not, then by default it is the worst as it barely works.
I have played it on the PS3 as well as the PC, it works just fine. Maybe it is just you?

OT: I love these topics. A breeding ground for trolls.

Either way worst game of the year would have to be:

Portal 2

Why? IT WAS TOO FUCKIN' SHORT! I WANTED MORE DAMNIT MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!

I miss GlaDOS and Chell :'(
Nope has been happening to most. Didn't you notice the message in the menus saying that they are working on fixing the bugs and for us to be patient?

Zeetchmen

Aug 17, 2009
Call of Juarez: The Cartel by far.

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/call-of-juarez-the-cartel

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Raika said:
The worst game I've played so far this year is Catherine. Way to go, Japan, you've made yet another terrible game with a dating sim tire-ironed into it, then populated it with a cast of completely unlikeable characters. Let's hear it for Japan, everyone!
BITE YOUR TOUNGUE! catherine is great , great i say!

OT: Metroid: other M . Do i really need to explain why? If anyone played it they know the horror of it all?

Lord Doomhammer

Apr 29, 2008
Country
United States
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Duke.
Nukem.
For-never.
this game killed my inner child. it took all my hopes and dreams and beat my inner child to death with them.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
mikey7339 said:
Kysafen said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Duke.
Nukem.
For-never.
This goes beyond Worst Game of the Year. It took over a decade of waiting just to be let down by a pile of garbage wearing a Duke mask.

Worst Game of the Decade, now THAT'S an appropriate title for Forever.
Worst game I have gotten to play this year. But I'm sure there was much worse that I just never picked up. Brink does come to mind, god only knows how awful all the movie video games were.
Not true! In fact, one of the most fun games I played this year, and a game that should've been played by a lot of people who initially rightfully dismissed it as "just another movie game" was Captain America: Super Soldier. It steals from the best, and it's derivative, but hell, the combat's a blast.

solidsamus926

Oct 18, 2011
Shadows of the Damned. I was one of those people excited for Suda's involvement, and in my defense No More Heroes is bloody awesome, too bloody awesome. What I got was an extremely linear game with awful level design, unimaginative gameplay, and puzzles so simple it was downright insulting. Probably the only case where great characters didn't save a game for me. I was literally shocked at how insubstantial the game was and I sold it in no time, absolute flaming shit on a stick.

Duncan Trice

Aug 30, 2010
Duke was pretty bad, but for me it has to be pkmon black and white as there is no point in playing it more than once.

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
Either way worst game of the year would have to be:

Portal 2

Hahaha..haha..ha...or you're being serious? I would have said Portal 2 was in fact one of the best games I played all year.

I know it's old, but my pick would be Medal of Honor. The story was non existent, not a single real character, and just all around bleh.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
LA Noire really wasn't what I wanted it to be. It wasn't completely horrible (it was fun to go through once), but it had some huge flaws. Useless, empty open world, shallow gameplay, linear nonsensical story, crappy ending. I had expected more.

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
DNF had juvinile charm. Call Of Juarez: The Cartel had absoluteley no redeeming value. Worst game of the year.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
...worst game...

Portal 2

...I WANTED MORE...
I don't know whether I should slap you for saying Portal 2 was the worst game, or if I should hug you and say "I know that feel, bro".

OT: Definitely DNF. I only got 3D about a year ago, but I love the shit out of it. I only assumed that DNF would revive the series and deliver the game we all expected. I feel sorry for everyone who waited 15 years...

Balvale

Oct 17, 2008
Raika said:
The worst game I've played so far this year is Catherine. Way to go, Japan, you've made yet another terrible game with a dating sim tire-ironed into it, then populated it with a cast of completely unlikeable characters. Let's hear it for Japan, everyone!
A game that had above average VA's, great(and unexpected)sales, unique gameplay, dealt with largely unexplored social themes, and had a drinking simulator. Uh huh, terrible game... As for the date-sim thing, you start out with a girlfriend, so yea, I guess you win right out of the gate.

But hey, it's not for everyone. I can understand that. Condemning it as a terrible game though, that's a failure to look at things objectively.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Bust-a-Move Universe. Duke Nukem Forever wasn't great, but it was enjoyable in a few sections. Bust-a-Move Universe was all crap all the time. A small selection of easy puzzles made even easier by the fact that the guide is constantly forced on you with no option to turn it off, no VS modes at all, and no real endless modes at all either unless you're willing to play the mind-numblingly and gimmicky "endless" mode they included for an hour to reach the point where it speeds up enough to actually be endless. But even then, you still have to deal with all the new and annoying gimmick bubbles. Congratulations Bust-a-Move Universe, you completely missed the point of what made your series great.

Raika said:
Tire-ironed? Sounds more like you didn't do your research on the game before playing it. If you had, you would have known that it was the entire basis of the plot from the start and maybe you could have just saved your money. Instead you just bought the game blind and blame the developer for your lack of research. Let's hear it for Raika, everyone!

believer258 said:
Has anyone even played the demo of Bodycount yet?
Yes, I did. I try not to remember it. However, I haven't played the full game, so I can't fairly pick it as the worst game I've played this year. It can take second place in the worst demo I've played competition however, with first place going to Sonic Generations.

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
It depends how we define 'worst game'. If you're talking about every game released, it's likely an unplayable piece of Wii shovelware. If you're talking about mainstream games.. hard to say.

For me, personally, it's Dragon Age 2. I'm only counting games I actually bought, and I typically try to buy good games, but Dragon Age 2 was an enormous disappointment.

10/10 my ass, Escapist.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Pandabearparade said:
It depends how we define 'worst game'.
I'm obviously talking about games you've personally played, released within the last year or so.

Just to clarify that point.