The worst game world to be part of

Crayven

Plum tickler
Mar 28, 2011
I know people wish they could be in games, but I was wondering the worst game to be an NPC for?
Not just the game but why? Is it brutal living? Is it boring? Is it because the AI is terrible so your spend your days stuck in a wall or the game is so buggy random things happen and people fall off the face of the earth or rag doll randomly?

PainInTheAssInternet

The Ship Magnificent
Dec 30, 2011
Any Bethesda game. No one acts naturally with many people saying the same things over again. They stand in the same spot for an eternity. The sights aren't that interesting (especially in FO3). Everyone looks like wooden puppets and they move like them too. No one can fight for crap, they just flail around their stiff arms to interact. At the very least you are technically invincible since you can have any limb blown clean off, just stick a needle in the wound and back it comes.

EDIT
Everyone, even the wildlife, also is courteous enough to freeze in their place while you browse your computer. It's just rude to interrupt someone trying to whip out their mini nukes so they can use it on you.

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
After recently playing the I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream adventure game... yeah, definitely that world. I'd take zombie hordes, never ending war, and evil space robots over the relentless awfulness of that game.

captcha: in limbo

More like hell.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Arkham City. You're living in a section of the city where anarchy reigns, your human rights are suspended, it's freezing and you can count yourself lucky to have a blanket, medicine or adequate food, where genuinely psychotic gangs make up 3/4 of the balance of power and a bunch of mercs under the thumb of another madman makes up the final 1/4, outside of that you have to worry about the venomous Poison Ivy, a killer who carves off his victims' faces with surgical precision, Deadshot taking out contracts, the Riddler's kidnapping people and putting them in death traps, oh and even ignoring almost all of that there's a pretty good chance that you will die in the near future.

...Or does that not count seeing how the world in question is most famous as a comic book setting?

Gankytim

May 14, 2014
King Whurdler said:
Wouldn't that be the Warhammer 40,000 universe hands down? Every second of every day is just a never-ending torrent of blood, death, doom, and despair.
But Whurdler, you'd also get a never-ending torrent of GLORY FOR THE EMPEROR or BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD or WAAAAAAGH.

Gankytim

May 14, 2014
Asita said:
Arkham City. You're living in a section of the city where anarchy reigns, your human rights are suspended, it's freezing and you can count yourself lucky to have a blanket, medicine or adequate food, where genuinely psychotic gangs make up 3/4 of the balance of power and a bunch of mercs under the thumb of another madman makes up the final 1/4, outside of that you have to worry about the venomous Poison Ivy, a killer who carves off his victims' faces with surgical precision, Deadshot taking out contracts, the Riddler's kidnapping people and putting them in death traps, oh and even ignoring almost all of that there's a pretty good chance that you will die in the near future.
Plus, even worse if you're a real criminal, the Batman is stalking the rooftops looking for anyone even mildly suspicious looking just waiting for someone to slip up, then hear something land behind you with a soft thud, you turn and there's nothing there. You go over to look and then you hear a click and the sound of a mechanism pulling something hard followed by screaming and shouting in panic, all at once you know he's here. You go over to investigate thinking your assault rifle will protect you from the Bat and find your best friend hanging upside down from a gargoyle.

The next few minutes continue like this, you get tipped off by the sound of one of this madmans crazy toys and find your buddies unconscious in various positions until you realize. Are you the only one left? Then you hear him running at you, you turn to fire but your gun just doesn't work. You drop it and ready your fists but befor you can even land a blow he uses your body as a fucking springboard to jump behind you, then his cape knocks you aside and you don't know what's left or right, then you feel it. He beats the everloving fuck out of you. No mercy, ribs crack under the neverending pounding of the GOD DAMN BATMANS fists. You're unconscious before he even lands the final blow but when you wake up your jaw will be shattered. You're left cold and injured in the winter snow.

Oh and whichever psychopathic supercriminal you decided to work for? They aren't gonna be too happy the Bat got the better of you.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Any GTA game...ever.

I actually had this conversation with my friends the last time I played GTA Online (which was a couple months ago): how much it would SUCK to live in this city. Think of what the San Andres nightly news would be like!

"Horror strikes again as a madman in a car mowed down 58 pedestrians while fleeing from the police and throwing C4 charges out the window, detonating them in the streets."

And that's every single day! I'd never leave the house, knowing that there's a high probability that I'll get absolutely obliterated by some random psycho driving around. Oh look! He brought a tank this time!

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Gankytim said:
Asita said:
Plus, even worse if you're a real criminal, the Batman is stalking the rooftops.
That's what I was going to point out: apart from everything Asita said, there's the fact that there's another psychopath dressed up like a bat. And you don't even have to be doing anything bad for him to beat the crap out of you! Think of all the random, unaffiliated thugs wandering around Arkham City. They're just trying to survive that freezing hell-hole, they don't want any part of the gang war that's going on. Even so: you're just standing there warming your hands by a fire you and your mates started in a trash can when Batman swoops down and power-slams one of your friends INTO your other friend, knocking both out cold, immediately jumps up to kick you right in the face, and as you fall to the ground in agony he bat-flips up into the air, lands straddling your body and punches your bits'n'pieces into putty, ensuring you'll never have a functional sex life again (I swear, every time I go for a ground-pound takedown, Batman ALWAYS ends up punching the poor guy right in the dick :p).

I mean the henchmen are one thing, they're clearly working for Penguin or Joker or someone...but the random thugs you beat up just because you want some xp for a new power-up? I actually kinda feel sorry for those buggers. :p

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
Minecraft - all of your neighbors are mute Gonzos, the ghoulies really DO come out every night, and anthropomorphic pickles want to blow your shit up. NOT funny!

nykirnsu

Oct 13, 2012
King Whurdler said:
Wouldn't that be the Warhammer 40,000 universe hands down? Every second of every day is just a never-ending torrent of blood, death, doom, and despair.
I was going to say this. This is the franchise that invented the phrase 'grimdark', and it lives up to that title; as far as I'm concerned 40k is the definitive worst fictional universe to live in.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
The world of Dead Space because you know that at some point someone will find a Marker which if you are lucky will only drive you insane and you will end up eating you own flesh. If you are unlucky you will come back as a blood thirsty monster that is going to get its limbs shot off by Isaac Clark. Being an NPC is not fun in Dead Space.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
The Last of Us looks like a pretty horrible world to live in. Unless you're a giraffe. Then life seems pretty okay.

GeneralBob

Oct 15, 2009
Kerbal Space Program

Jedediah Kerman is currently orbiting the Sun, would you like to terminate this mission? Seriously, out of 10 of my Kerbals: 5 will orbit the sun, 3 will die in impact on the mun, 1 will let go during an EVA, and 1 will return to Kerbin...to explode on impact.

DeaDRabbiT

Sep 25, 2010
Surgeon Simulator.

Hands down.

Wait.

Maybe Goat Simulator.

EDIT: Hilarious Redlin. I swear to God I didn't read your post before making mine.

We are both just horrified of the same exact shit.

chocolate pickles

Apr 14, 2011
King Whurdler said:
The 40k universe: Easily one of the most grim-dark, angsty settings in existence. One of the few settings where i could not care less about the lore (with maybe the exception of orks)

On topic: Dayz world. Your trapped in a never ending cycle of death, lose all your shit once you reincarnate, at one point will likely be kidnapped, stripped and handcuffed by bandits. Not to mention he scenery is pretty shit.

LaoJim

Aug 24, 2013
Super Meat Boy's world consists of nothing but circular saws, missile launchers and medical waste. Also is inhabited by walking talking meat, and by the end of the level, the walls are smeared with blood.