The worst game you have ever played.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Zombie Strippers Ate My Brains.

Talk about a game that couldn't live up to its own name! Just a boring generic shooter with zombie girls in bikinis. No attempt to have strip club levels, no go go dancers or pasties or topless zombies or even chipndale zombie hunks.

And when you die they don't even eat your brains!

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.

Tonal shift so drastic from the first game that I had whiplash. Replaced cool arabian inspired rock/techno synth with shitty heavy metal crap, and a villianess that was introduced ass first, wearing a metal thong, in a full screen, slow motion, closeup of her ass.

Fuck that game. I turned it off after that point and never played it again. Thankfully, Two Thrones was much closer to the original, and I enjoyed that one a great deal.

B-Cell said:

Its a game that i couldnot find a single good thing about. it made uncharted feel like Deus Ex 1. it has terrible one button platforming, terrible combat and shooting, worst protagonist in the history of video games.

its just really really that bad.
This is a very close 2nd place for me in worst game I've played. I actually finished Tomb Raider, though I was pissed at it the entire time. Terrible writing, terrible acting. Cliched plot, narrative disconnect between what the player is doing, and how Lara reacts to it. Forced to watch some people die, because Cutscene Lara just stood there like a fucking idiot, whereas if I had still been in control of her, I would've easily killed the badguy that was the threat, and thus saved the other guys life. Sacrificial male characters to help build up Lara's "growth", but it's so common and cliche, that another character in the story even lampshades how often the shit happens around Lara. Just...bleh.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Happyninja42 said:
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.

Tonal shift so drastic from the first game that I had whiplash. Replaced cool arabian inspired rock/techno synth with shitty heavy metal crap, and a villianess that was introduced ass first, wearing a metal thong, in a full screen, slow motion, closeup of her ass.

Fuck that game. I turned it off after that point and never played it again. Thankfully, Two Thrones was much closer to the original, and I enjoyed that one a great deal.
It actually gets pretty good after that though, and introduces one of the more memorable and thrilling stalkers in games. But yeah, the tone is juvenile grimdark and the secondary villian is puke in human form.

OT: The Evil Within

I genuinely HATE very few games. Only two actually, and The Evil Within is one of 'm. Not only does it aesthetically look like garbage, presenting the player with the most insultingly generic monster/horror designs, it's also rendered like an early PS3 game. And the mechanics are so fucking clunky it's baffling. It's like they made this game without ever quality checking or balancing anything.

And the cherry on top is that it was made by Shinji Mikami. Was he suffering from a brain-eating bacteria during the developement or what?

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
To me it's a tie:
Yaiba! Ninja Gaiden Z - the most broken, unfulfilling, trying too hard to be cool (the game has zombie clowns and shower of panties, if that doesn't raise all of the alarms for you, I don't know what will), with the floatiest mechanics and a aesthetic that made me want to puke. It was released back when people were trying to grasp what a hard, but good game was, but I played after Dark Souls, so the difficulty of Yaiba! was really cheap in its dificulty.

The Order 1886 - Most of the games I've played, I got something out of them, whether it is satisfaction or frustration, this games was 6 hours of... nothing, it was a complete void for enjoyment of any kind, the plot in the cinematics never picks up the pace, the mechanics lack a bit of polish and the whole cyberpunk aesthetic and feel was ruined by the use of modern weapons, breaking the immersion every(far in between)time I fought a werewolf, making this whole game style over substance, and since I am not a fan of graphics over gameplay I decided to put it on worst games I've ever played, because it failed to envoke me any feeling, the main purpose of a video game.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
WhiteFangofWar said:
Mega Man X7

I'd like to burn it to the... something.
Sky?

Mine is probably Hyperdimension Neptunia. So slow, so boring, you have to practically roll dice until the game decides to let you use a potion and one of your first teammates is a nurse and she can't heal in battle.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Casual Shinji said:
The Evil Within

I genuinely HATE very few games. Only two actually, and The Evil Within is one of 'm. Not only does it aesthetically look like garbage, presenting the player with the most insultingly generic monster/horror designs, it's also rendered like an early PS3 game. And the mechanics are so fucking clunky it's baffling. It's like they made this game without ever quality checking or balancing anything.

And the cherry on top is that it was made by Shinji Mikami. Was he suffering from a brain-eating bacteria during the developement or what?
To me the worst part of the game was the noticeable delay between pressing fire and actually firing *any* weaponry.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I?m going to go with Rory McIlroy?s PGA Tour. I know EA?s not exactly known for mind-blowing innovation year over year within their sports franchises, especially when making a leap to a new generation of hardware, but last year?s PGA Tour was the most overtly ?fuck you? bed-shitting I?ve ever seen. What?s worse is they?d taken off TWO YEARS between PGA tour releases to revamp the franchise in lieu of Tiger Woods? declining significance, and when they finally released this pile of shit, it was the most bare bones EA PGA game ever, as if they took the last good Tiger game, stripped out all the good bits, slapped Rory?s smug-ass face on the cover and spent the following two years with their collective thumb up their ass. Minimum courses, spares selection of professional golfers (no LPGA golfers at ALL, btw; sorry, ladies) and multiplayer so devoid of traditional EA PGA Tour content, they might as well have not even bothered. But the BIGGEST kick in the balls was their laughably anemic golfer creator. Never mind that we?ve been creating our own golfers/faces in game across several console generations for over a DECADE, getting as complex as to allow us to use actual photos of our faces, this iteration of PGA Tour doesn?t even have basic sliders deciding instead to go with perhaps a dozen preset faces to choose from. Functionally, it plays fine; it?s basic golf; but seeing as it?s inferior in nearly every respect to its years-older predecessors on dated 360/PS3 hardware, it was the biggest waste of $60 I ever spent on anything ever PERIOD.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
To me the worst part of the game was the noticeable delay between pressing fire and actually firing *any* weaponry.
I didn't play enough to give a detailed report as to why I hated it, but yeah, the shooting felt borked. Enemies also felt haphazardly placed around the levels wih no regard for the flow of the action. Even the running animation for the main character was crap, like he was constantly knee-deep in mud.

And the way the fire effects of your torch clipped though your guy's chest and out his back if you were running bugged the shit out of me. It's a little thing, but it's constantly in your face, which goes to show how little the development team probably spent optimizing this game.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Well since we are not going by technically broken/worst games (that would be Bubsy 3d) and more by most disappointing or personally offensive..

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi. The sequel to budokai 3, I remember the initial reaction to it at my boarding school was most of the lads gathering in the tv room, initially all excited due to how big Budokai 3 was around here..
And after 10 mins of it being played the entire room was vacant as people walked away in disgust and disappointment.

The graphics felt terribad and somewhat "dry", the gameplay was meh and it just wasn't a fun game.

pookie101 said:
as for my suggestion, its an old game .. phantasmagoria 2 a puzzle of flesh.. a main character who is completely obnoxious and unlikable and some of the worst FMV acting full stop
On the bright side, it did give rise to a really hilarious Spoony lp, ah what a golden age that was..

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Probably Dragon Age Origins. That game was so fucking uninspired. It gave me cancer. It killed my family. It assassinated the arch duke Ferdinand. But worse of all? It was really, really boring.

I would also nominate Lord of the Rings Return of the King for GBA. It was a terrible game, and every single enemy was stronger then you.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I'm just going to take a potshot at Actraiser 2 for being a massive downgrade from the first game. God (Yes you play as God) is supposed to be more powerful, what with having angel wings in his human form and having more powers, yet it feels like a downgrade because he can't move faster than a goddamn BRISK WALK! In the first game he could do that "Running" thing all the cool kids did nowadays. Combine that with wonky controls, taking out the city managing aspects which made protecting the people of the world feel less personal, and a downright unfair difficulty, and you have a sequel that was a disgrace to the original, which wasn't quite a classic but was still rather underappreciated.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Well there were a lot of trash games I played back in the day that I cant even remember the name of on comps like the C64 and Spectrum as well as other comps I cant even remember the name of but really it has to be Soul Calibur Lost Swords for me.

I am a massive Soul Calibur fan and am a bit dissapointed at how they have treated the series since at least the 3rd outing but even hearing it was going to be an online only f2p single player only fighting game it still did not prepare me for how bad this game was. It was literally unplayable for days at the start as you were unable to log on and then when I did get on I wished I had not. Menu navigation was abysmally slow it made me not want to press anything at all because I would be looking at another 15 seconds or so of loading and as for the fighting they completely butchered it. While SC5 had great fighting with a terrible cast and terrible variety of game modes this had a great cast (eventually if you could stomach the unlocking) with terrible fighting and variety of game modes.

I have played almost every game in the main series to death and while things change its quite easy to get back into the swing of it but damn here it felt like the movelist was completely gutted it was like I was playing a different game. If it was a new IP it would have been an absolutely atrocious game but since they have potentially decided to finish of the SC series with this joke of a game in the hopes of grabbing as much money as possible at the expense of the brand it is to me the most disrespectful and abhorrent game I have ever played and subsequently the worst game I have ever played.

It was F2P but tbh they would have had to pay me a good wage to play it after my initial (regrettable) look. Only good thing is the game is dead now and I hope it never has a revival of any sort now gimme SC6 or SE2.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Fox12 said:
Probably Dragon Age Origins. That game was so fucking uninspired. It gave me cancer. It killed my family. It assassinated the arch duke Ferdinand. But worse of all? It was really, really boring.
Dragon Age Origins was the best game Bioware game they made since Baldur's Gate 2.

Because it had choices and concequences and multiple endings.

I just hate the fact that people call what is clearly technically good games and say "ITS THE WORSE GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED!!!!"

I mean I dislike The Last of Us (mostly because of that little shit Ellie) but even I recognize on a technical level its a good game.

TheMigrantSoldier

Nov 12, 2010
Hey You, Pikachu!. I remember wasting weeks as a kid questioning why nothing seemed to work and how the game was stuck in an endless routine of "fun" activities. Ten years later, I realized I wasn't alone.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I think trying to figure out what you would consider the worst game you've ever played a fun activity in it's own right.

The game that's worst for incompetence I've played is "Alekhine's Gun", but that's a kind of bad that is just hilarious to experience in all of its hideousness[footnote]This applies to the story as well. The opening cutscene, all stylised in a nice looking comic aesthetic, has what I assume is the protagonist killing himself because his family was murdered on the day JFK was assassinated.[/footnote]. It's a shame the publisher went out of its way to bury this thing, though it was the right thing to do.

The game that I most loathe to play is "Halo 4", but even then a lot of my ire comes from the fact that there is good in it which is just buried in crappy execution and all the regular rubbish the game consists of.

The game I find to have the least good in it is "Call of Duty: Ghosts", but it is technically competent. It's just creatively bankrupt and nothing in it rises above average. I just have nothing to say about it, it's like a blackhole taking light away.